Ascentis Reviews

Organize. Humanize. Maximize.

Review Summary

Pros

I appreciate how comprehensive it is - I'm happy that it handles our taxes as well as manages data flow to our benefits carriers through Carrier Connect.

Eunae J.

Read the full review
I find the application easy to use and very straightforward. The vendor team has great customer service and is very helpful.

Karman S.

Read the full review
Go with the easiest to use. HR systems can be complicated, but if it's user friendly, it can be your best friend.

Jesus R.

Kyle K.

Read the full review
I did not handle payroll but our payroll specialist said it was missing features our old basic software could handle such as different pay rates for employees who work different shifts.

Kristy H.

4.3

Performance Management

Pros

My light in to this software was one of the very first things I received as a new hire. Helps keep me on track, as far as work performance goes.

Cons

Everything is pretty simple so far. Very user friendly and easy to navigate.

The lean payroll mangement with five steps

Ascentis is a great payroll management platform especially with its wizard driven payroll system that reduces the payroll management into simple 5 steps.

Pros

Ascentis converts the complex payroll operation management processes to a straightforward way and provides flexibility that fits our internal payroll management structure. The five step payroll management system which runs in cloud is extremely lean to operate and helps us to gain time significantly.

Cons

Pricing plans are very restricted in terms of variaty. There needs to be a more modular pricing plans that depends on the chosen features. Additionally not having a free trial is not good.

Ascentis fills a niche that has a vacuum but is not complete

What took it over the top with poor satisfaction is that they tried to be good partners but as of late they just throw in the towel and want money.

Pros

Ascentis does the benefits, applicants and other HR functions on a basic level. Let me stress basic level.

Cons

If you want any integrations or some of the complexities when have beyond 100 employees, would suggest not utilizing Ascentis. Coupled with the added burden of the 1095-c and the need to manually update various records because Ascentis has software issues, it is disappointing.

Long-term user of HR Office

We've used HR Office for about 20 years now -- started out with the in-house Access version and have used the .asp version since about 2001/2002.

Pros

I like that it's cloud-based, but most importantly for us, it offers employee self-service for PTO requests and information updates. The key reason we've stayed with this system is that it provides automatic calculations of paid time off based on a formula we set up, automatically changing accruals on employee anniversary dates. It also allows us to easily calculate PTO that will be earned through...

Cons

We only have 30 staff members, but years ago, they implemented a rate based on a minimum of 50 users. We recently implemented the self service to manage PTO requests and overall, we're thrilled to have made that move (we have multi-tiered approvals, which they didn't have in the past). I would really like to have more customizable fields in the request form to prompt the user for key information...

This reviewer only left a rating

I have now had Ascentis HR for 2 months, and Payroll for a month, and I can sum my experience up in 4 words: Thank goodness for Ascentis. We are a small to medium company with the unique feature of being made up of multiple FEINs. We are also on an aggressive growth plan in terms of expansion. Although the company has been around for more than 30 years, it's only been in the last 5 it's gone from...

Ascentis Review

We have used the system for multiple business functions from open enrollment to employee reviews, etc. Each module has its own support, and once our employees learned the system, we don't field many questions. The system is reliable, and our employees trust the components (Timekeeper, LMS, Payroll, etc.). The reporting aspect is easy to use, and uploading documents is simple. We've built many customized "employee tabs" to be able to run customized reports, and are always working to improve our way of using the system to make our lives easier.

Pros

User friendly, from both a User and an Admin. point of view. The level of customer service is amazing, and the system is easy to customize!

Cons

We haven't had any "issues", but as I need to report what we like least about the system is required, I would say that we liked the "Performance Management" function the least. We used it for several years, but moved to creating a customized section where we could govern the questions and simplify the performance appraisal process. The Ascentis function offered wasn't "bad", but we wanted to minimize the process, so we were able to do so.

Ascentis

Overall we have implemented the system and we are using it. Ascentis support is helpful.

Pros

The recruiting feature is collects good data, candidates are able to complete the application. The performance reviews module is straight forward and the wizard makes it easy, very easy, for employees to complete their reviews.

Cons

It can be hard to get the system to do what you want! For example, our company uses the Kudos feature all the time. However it takes 3-4 clicks to find the "give kudos" button. I have made several requests to move the button, but I am told it can't be done. Applicants see a plain white page with small font as they use the wizard to click through the application process.

Good experience, has made my work load easier to handle and saved a lot of time.

I think this product is great. Our company is uniquely structure and has difficulty with systems fitting our needs. Ascentis gives us control to customize the system to how we need it, the only draw back is understanding the details on how things flow and what changes effect other areas.

Pros

The best part about Ascentis is the versatility and customization. Everything flows together so it cuts down on duplicate work. The reporting is great and I like how we can basically create any report we need.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to determine what flows to what and how certain things / changes effect other parts of the system. Can be complicated to figure out. Deadlines for Quarterly and annual filings are hard to meet.

Ascentis

Pros

I like that this software has a function that you can view everything at once. You can see your time offs and you current clock in on the same screen. It is relativity easy to use and it has book keeping function that allow pay checks to be issued easier than other software.

Cons

That is sometimes have different leave amounts on the different screens without telling you why.

Overall quite pleased with Ascentis

I really do like the Ascentis system and would highly recommend it because it offers a lot of functionality and great value for a mid size employer. Many similar systems are often priced significantly higher or out of reach.

Pros

The Ascentis payroll and HR systems offer a lot of functionality and value for the money. Their customer service is very good. It's a very good system for a mid size employer group.

Cons

It is not a single sign on system and the HR changes don't automatically update in Payroll. Once changes are made in HR you have to go in to Payroll and individually approve the changes. While it is a good feature as a last step to double check your changes, it can also be time consuming depending upon the amount of changes to be approved. Also, it is easy to forget to update the change in Payroll if you get busy or distracted.

This reviewer only left a rating

We had always outsourced our HR and payroll, and as a rapidly growing company with more offices opening around the country, we were outgrowing the functionality of the third party HR firm; not to mention the enormous costs of their service fees, inflated benefit premiums, and customer service issues. During my research of in-house support software, Ascentis stood out for its completeness. There...

Ascentis is the best!

Pros

One of the things that I was looking for was an HR system that would link to the Payroll system so I wouldn’t have to do dual entries. This system provided that for me. The other tabs we have added on the HR side is Education (degrees held) and Salary survey information, so this has come in handy for requests that come up. It also makes it much easier for the EEOC reporting along with the Worker’s...

Cons

There is nothing that I would change about Ascentis.

Moving to Ascentis Was the Best Decision We Made for our Organization

I have never worked with a vendor who was so organized and supportive of us reaching our goals. There was never a gap when we needed help--calls and emails are always returned promptly. They are a great organization that employees top-notch experts who are there to help you. Wish other organization ran this smoothly.

Pros

The implementation process is so well-planned. You have a team of experts supporting you for each module and they really work with you to learn and get through building. They also hold you accountable for your "homework assignments" to keep you on-track for your go-live date. This was helpful to us because we are so busy but they held our feet to the fire with deadlines (and we met our go-live date with ease). Our employees like the easy to use system and we have received much positive feedback since rolling out.

Cons

Needing to use a Remote Desktop to access the back-end for set up and maintenance is cumbersome. I had to invest in a second monitor to make it easier. The end-user's interface (Employee Self Service) is 100% web-based, so no issues there. This is truly my only complaint. Everything else they said they system could do really is possible. They are honest in what they sell.

Great System to Utilize

Pros

- Splendid performance and options for human capital management - Offers great educational/professional development options

Cons

- It runs a little slow sometimes but always runs

Everything you need under one roof.

Lots of integrations, great for tons of people, well managed and thoughtful design.

Pros

Employee information, comfortably managed. Useful links provided to everything you need to manage employees, or as an employee, everything you need to keep yourself on track.

Cons

Organization can be cumbersome and annoying, but it's a good problem to have. Slow, clunky load times.

This reviewer only left a rating

We brought payroll in-house after outsourcing it for over 15 years. We were tired of having vendors add ridculous fees and for stifling our ability to make back-end changes. In addition, they made numerous mistakes in processing taxes and garnishments. The choice to go with Ascentis was made in large part because of the incredible ability to customize it. The setup of the system (employee records,...

Cons

Good system, Can use some work

So far i think it is a good system for the most part but it needa some work definitely

Pros

I think it is a great system to use for the most part, everything is easy to understand once you get used to how things work

Cons

Customer service is not the best. I just feel like if i send an email to support ot takes entirely too long to get assistance. Also any time we want to change something, they charge you for every little thing

Good for HR but not very user friendly

Pros

Great for posting jobs and applicant review. Very easy to use in that aspect. Keeps track of salary input and review status as well as employee longevity.

Cons

Back end of Ascentis is not very user friendly at all for mass communication and employee portal information unless you are very experienced in HTML format.

User Friendly

Pros

This software was very user friendly for employees and myself. The layout was not confusing over overbearing.

Cons

I did not have any cons with this software.

We switched from an old-fashioned punch clock to this software a couple of years ago

Pros

It is a vast improvement to our old system and we are generally pleased. Multiple areas to personalize the system and classify the employees (ability to assign departments, etc.)

Cons

We transitioned a few months ago. The experience was fantastic!! Awesome support and training.

I would definitely recommend Ascentis to anyone ... large or small company. Our transition to Ascentis was well supported and has opened our processes up to today's world.

Pros

Ascentis is very user friendly. I'm still getting familiar with a lot of the features but I have not found anything to this point that is overly challenging or difficult to get understand. I like the way HR and Payroll sync, which eliminates double entry. And our supervisors love the access to their crews through Self Service

Cons

The reporting features are somewhat challenging only because I'm still getting used to them. There are a lot of selections and I'm still finding my pathways

Great program for timekeeping

Pros

I have always been pleased with Ascentis for timekeeping. I know exactly how to use the features and have kept my hours tracked through this software.

Cons

I haven't had any problems until this point! We only use Ascentis to keep track of hours worked and it works well

Great HRIS system

Pros

Ascentis was our HRIS system several years ago and it was a great way to keep all of our employee data. It was very customizable and the help desk was great!

Cons

Unfortunately the remote desktop style was not for us and we moved to a cloud based HRIS system. But I do miss the flexibility of HRO.

Ascentis Review

Pros

The easy of use is great. The implementation team is fantastic! Our company experience has been great. We transitioned to several modules that included: HR, Payroll, Time, Recruiting/Onboarding, Performance Management and Learning. Each team lead has been responsive and has provided great support and education thru the process. Support members are extremely knowledgeable and timely.

Cons

Only concern could be working with several other systems vs. single system. We view this as both a pro and con, but the pros out weigh the con's, without a doubt.

As an employee, this is great

I don't really like the color scheme, so if they ever gave the option to switch to a different color I would take it. That is not a complaint or a problem.

Pros

It's very easy to punch in/out using this system. When I forget to punch, or there's any issue, it's simple to put in a request to my supervisor.

Cons

It took a while to get used to the format, but I am starting to find it enjoyable and easy to use. Beats filling out the antiquated print-outs of time cards and remembering to get them to my boss.