Ascentis Reviews - Page 2

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Good product needs some tweaks

Easily update and track employees and payroll.

Pros

Finally getting away from useless paper! I used the HR side and information updated was easily transferred to the payroll side. Employee self service is great (if your employees know how to use computers) they can update all of their information and can even complete open enrollment online.

Cons

The transition was a nightmare. I'm not sure how of that was on their end or ours. When did calls about the implementation their team often did not understand our concerns and questions making the transition even more difficult than it needed to be. I did not handle payroll but our payroll specialist said it was missing features our old basic software could handle such as different pay rates for employees who work different shifts.

MS

Margaret S.

51-200 employees

We switched from an old-fashioned punch clock to this software a couple of years ago

Pros

It is a vast improvement to our old system and we are generally pleased. Multiple areas to personalize the system and classify the employees (ability to assign departments, etc.)

NS

NIcole S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

User Friendly

Pros

This software was very user friendly for employees and myself. The layout was not confusing over overbearing.

Cons

I did not have any cons with this software.

TW

Terrie W.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

We transitioned a few months ago. The experience was fantastic!! Awesome support and training.

I would definitely recommend Ascentis to anyone ... large or small company. Our transition to Ascentis was well supported and has opened our processes up to today's world.

Pros

Ascentis is very user friendly. I'm still getting familiar with a lot of the features but I have not found anything to this point that is overly challenging or difficult to get understand. I like the way HR and Payroll sync, which eliminates double entry. And our supervisors love the access to their crews through Self Service

Cons

The reporting features are somewhat challenging only because I'm still getting used to them. There are a lot of selections and I'm still finding my pathways

HS

Haley S.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Great program for timekeeping

Pros

I have always been pleased with Ascentis for timekeeping. I know exactly how to use the features and have kept my hours tracked through this software.

Cons

I haven't had any problems until this point! We only use Ascentis to keep track of hours worked and it works well

SS

Shea S.

Construction, 201-500 employees

It is just an ok program for recruiting and HR functions.

Pros

It is user friendly, easy to edit, and organized. It can pull reports and send candidates automated responses.

Cons

It could have a better layout, seems a bit repetitive in certain sections. When calling support sometimes it does take a while on the phone.

Omikka C.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Performance Management

Pros

My light in to this software was one of the very first things I received as a new hire. Helps keep me on track, as far as work performance goes.

Cons

Everything is pretty simple so far. Very user friendly and easy to navigate.

LW

Lillia W.

Used other for 2+ years

Great HRIS system

Pros

Ascentis was our HRIS system several years ago and it was a great way to keep all of our employee data. It was very customizable and the help desk was great!

Cons

Unfortunately the remote desktop style was not for us and we moved to a cloud based HRIS system. But I do miss the flexibility of HRO.

NS

Nicole S.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Ascentis Review

Pros

The easy of use is great. The implementation team is fantastic! Our company experience has been great. We transitioned to several modules that included: HR, Payroll, Time, Recruiting/Onboarding, Performance Management and Learning. Each team lead has been responsive and has provided great support and education thru the process. Support members are extremely knowledgeable and timely.

Cons

Only concern could be working with several other systems vs. single system. We view this as both a pro and con, but the pros out weigh the con's, without a doubt.

BV

Blanca V.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

What product NOT to buy

N/A

Pros

There is nothing positive to say about this product

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I liked about this product as it was not user friendly for anyone.

CHALICE W.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

As an employee, this is great

I don't really like the color scheme, so if they ever gave the option to switch to a different color I would take it. That is not a complaint or a problem.

Pros

It's very easy to punch in/out using this system. When I forget to punch, or there's any issue, it's simple to put in a request to my supervisor.

Cons

It took a while to get used to the format, but I am starting to find it enjoyable and easy to use. Beats filling out the antiquated print-outs of time cards and remembering to get them to my boss.

PD

Phil D.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Everything and the Kitchen Sink

Pros

- Tons of resources - All the functionality one could likely ever ask for - Beautiful interface - Works quickly and rarely has hiccups

Cons

- Will make it hard to ever leave their ecosystem because it works so well. - A bit more costly than others but certainly still a great value

ML

Marci L.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Happy we made the switch

I chose Ascentis in a very short time frame after viewing 10 Payroll/HR/Timekeeping software solutions. I am very happy I made the choice I did! The software is flexible, reliable and accurate - three must-haves in payroll.

Pros

It is completely customizable, no "cookie cutter" software with Ascentis. The implementation team is great and they helped keep us on track for an expedited roll out.

Cons

Timekeeping side (Novatime) can be a little slower in response for support, but the product itself is amazing.

SS

Shea S.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great so far

Pros

Easy implementation, user friendly. Lots of nice features and functions, customizable to our company!

Cons

Feel like implementation could be done more quickly. Other than that I think it is good over all and I would recommend.

GT

Gina T.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Clean interface but a bit pricey

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly with a clean interface and rarely any glitches or slow downs.

Cons

Definitely proven to be a slight bit more costly than others and the customer service team is pretty slow to respond.

DM

Donna M.

starting out

Our first week using, we've had a few things that needed fixed. Par for the course for anything new. Hope we grow to love it. It's our first HR software.

Pros

Adjusting to this new software, all first-time users. Getting used to the format and all it has to offer.

Cons

Some employees are asking HR to check with Ascentis to see if an app is available for mobile users. Hope so!

KW

Karen W.

small and customizable

Pros

Customizable, more one-on-one support when you wanted to set up the programs. The initial consult was involved.

Cons

You have to know exactly what you want/need or it gets set up incorrectly. This most likely due to inability of small org to really recommend a best practice, or detail consequences to the business of decisions.

MB

Matthew B.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Ascentis

By allowing the end users to manage some request like vacation, offloads some work off of the payroll department and managers.

Pros

We get weekly reports emailed. Also able to see PTO, taxes and other cool features like performance reviews.

Cons

The actual accounting user interface is a bit dated.

JL

Jennifer L.

Banking,

The Switch to an HRIS System

Pros

Our company experience rapid growth over the course of two short years, and we desperately needed an HRIS system to house all of our information. There is no way we would've been able to keep up with our growth had it not been for the implementation of Ascentis HRIS and Time/Payroll.

Cons

We experienced some implementation woes, as was to be expected, but the main issue has been with the flow of our HR employee info and benefit elections flowing over accurately to Payroll and our carrier connect pieces.

DR

Dipika R.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees

My experience with Ascentis HR has been one of ease. It is an intuitive software.

Pros

Simple and easy to understand interface It is very intuitive Has many usable and functional modules

Cons

Maybe add more modules to help on other areas apart from collecting compensation details Make section for performance reviews within it

VL

Vanessa L.

Philanthropy, 51-200 employees

The best!

Highly recommend!

Pros

Very knowledgable, practice and quick . Able to keep track of hours and benefits without having to wait on HR.

SR

Savitha R.

Ascentis

Ascentis is very user-friendly. All fields are self-explanatory. You need no guidance to use this product. It is very simple to use. I highly recommend this product.

SH

Sharie H.

Computer Software,

Ascentis is a great product!

Pros

Great customer service and the product is very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Lack of training classes - it's all online videos.

JR

Jesus R.

Philanthropy,

I've had nothing but a great experience using Ascentis

Pros

i love that it is very simple to use. and I especially love the reporting capabilities. There are tons of reports ready to use, and it's very easy to create your own custom report.

Cons

What i like least is how it looks. It could be updated. Other than that, it works just fine.

KS

Karman S.

Banking,

Ascentis user experience

Pros

I find the application easy to use and very straightforward. The vendor team has great customer service and is very helpful.

Cons

Setting up the reporting is difficult at first, but once it is run the first time, you can save and re-run it with different dates.