BambooHR Reviews - Page 3

1,780 reviews

BambooHR makes HR processes more organized

I recommend using BambooHR as this program makes managing of human resources much easier. I can tell for sure that it will suit to any kind and size of business. If you still doubt, just try its free version. I am sure your HR team will like it a lot.

Pros

I like that I can check all the documentation which is connected to each of employee. So you do not need to have thousands of folders saved on your computer. Everything is already stored correctly. And it takes just a few minutes to find the right document. What is more, you can customize the view according to your and company needs. But the best thing that I like that BambooHR has a great time-off management option. Employees submit a request, supervisor approves it and I got all this information well structured. BambooHR is a simple and easy-to-understand program. The design is really cool. But the best thing is that all the information about your employees is gathered in one place. Thanks to BambooHR HR managers spend less time for the organization of their work.

Cons

One of the problems is that when a supervisor or another person who needs to approve the time-off request is absent, there is no opportunity to approve it. I wish there was some kind of approval backup when another person approves time-off requests on supervisor’s behalf. Moreover, BambooHR has a very weak number of the integrated program. Because of that, we need to do a lot of work manually. Last but not least is the customer support. They are not capable to solve complicated issues.

Bamboo HR...fun and efficient!!

My position within our company assumed oversight of HR and benefits several years ago and before introduction to Bamboo HR. I was concerned at that time about the accuracy of reporting due to the manual process that was in place. BambooHR solved that issue immediately, reduced time spent on trying to maintain manul recordkeeping and has allowed employee engagement in a fun manner.

Pros

Bamboo HR was initially secured for Vacation and PTO time tracking and intended to replace a manual system that had been in place for 20 years and was not accurate. As we know, transition can be tough but our team successfully completed the onboarding to the platform and love using the software - which includes team members and managers who can now see real time Vacation and PTO balances. Since this initial step, we have added Time Tracking as well as Performance Management. Again, easy transitions with great results for our team and company. There are "how to" videos on almost all topics so setting up the software is easy along with customer service contacts that respond quickly and ensure that questions are being answered.

Cons

I really don't have any area that I would say I like least about the software because there aren't any. This is also hard to identify because any issue that is presented is responded to and considered for future roll-outs.

Robust Platform, Easy to Use

Overall, really love the platform and would recommend it. Company is always trying to improve and continuously rolls out new products or enhancements.

Pros

While there is training that comes with implementing any new software, it took myself and my team no time at all to learn how to use BambooHR and get that ROI. Employees also find it easy to use which has cut down on the amount of questions my team and I get. Saving us time. Love the UI/UX - easy to read/find information.

Cons

Payroll 100% needs to be improved. If you are a company of 10 or less, TRAX Payroll will probably work for you, but anything over that and you have to manually do too many things. Also, the platform is lacking in robust features to help automate and streamline payroll.

BambooHR Saved the Day

Love it!

Pros

I found the software very easy to use. Great options to be able to engage staff in the onboarding and maintenance of their employment.

Cons

I haven't used may of the newer features. Just don't have the budget. I find the Benefits feature doesn't work the best for me. I would like to see a power edit.

HR Management System when you need something ASAP and easy to use.

The combination of an extremely flexible system and a support team that is always quick to respond with an answer makes this one of our most favorite SaaS purchases. As our business continues to evolve, BambooHR is right there to support our needs.

Pros

The overall flexibility of the system and the always available feel it gives our employees. A friendly interface that is not intimidating like the much larger HRIS systems.

Cons

The biggest issue we run across is the missing ability to schedule reports for delivery. Our business model is such that push of information in quite important. We have needed to use the API feature in order to pull data and make it available on a schedule to close this gap.

From an HR Professional

We implemented BambooHR to help us track our complex PTO system. Many other providers could not handle a PTO system as complex as ours. The ATS and all the other bells and whistles were a nice added bonus that helped us free up some time for HR to focus on other areas of the company.

Pros

Product is very easy to use. Implementation was a breeze and makes my day to day so much easier with everything employee related in one platform. The mobile app makes employee access much simpler and the constant upgrades to the features is amazing.

Cons

I wish I could see everything from the mobile app that I can from the browser. As an administrator, I am frequently looking at information on the employee's job tab, assets tab as well as onboarding and offboarding and that is not accessible from the mobile app.

Great software, expensive.

Overall I have had a really great experience. So much so that we kept BBHR even though our payroll company has an HR database included. But BBHR is super simple and clean. We wanted to switch to BBHR payroll, but it isn't powerful enough to run payroll the way we need to run it. Then, I was on the old plan from their early days and they just eliminated it and are automatically moving us to the current plan, which will be about double what we pay now. So, we are exiting the software and will work with our payroll company HR software that is not as pretty, but will save me more than $1,000 a month. I'm definitely bummed they are pushing us into a more expensive plan. For how we use it, it just doesn't make sense to keep it.

Pros

The simplicity and beauty of the design. It is not encumbered with lots of deep menus and convoluted ways to find what you need. So clean and intuitive. That's my favorite feature of BBHR.

Cons

The price is unreasonable and the storage allotment is simply ridiculous. We don't need the full blown features of the software, yet we have to pay a lot of money to have just the basic, simple features that we use. I wish they had a lower plan that allowed access to the database features. Also, the storage is a thorn in my side with BBHR. They charge a ridiculous amount for additional storage and...

Very Helpful + Easy to Use

Overall, our HR processes have been greatly improved with our move to BHR. Having various departments and locations, we needed a platform that would help us manage our staff in one place.

Pros

Moving to BambooHR was the best decision we made! With international staff, we needed something that would provide HR and management tools throughout the organization. We've been able to streamline and track all of our processes starting from recruiting/hiring to onboarding, performance reviews, time tracking, payroll, and communications across our various office locations. This platform does it all!!

Cons

I would say the only issues I've had so far is with benefits management/tracking as they do not sync with our broker so open enrollment was a bit more manual than it has been in the past for us. NOTE: BHR has come out with an update to help this process along, however I have not yet reviewed or looked into the update just yet. Another item is with reporting. While there are a ton of ways to customize reporting and many pre-made reporting options, I need a way to build a report that essentially merges the two types together so info I need can be done in just one report. Unfortunately, at this time it's not possible. I wish there were more freedoms/customization with pre-made reports (this is strictly with time sheet & salary reports)

Simple

Very good. Implementation and user experience were very easy

Pros

-easy to customise access levels -simple reporting -looks nice to employee users -easy to manage holiday -easy to manage documents

Cons

-mass updates can be a bit restricted -sometimes diversity isn’t at the fore eg the gender area only has male or female

BambooHR - a great HR tool for companies

We have been able to retire numerous spreadsheets and finally give employees access to their information, in a clean easy-to-use interface. Requesting time off is no longer a burden for both employees and management as the process used to be too time-consuming.

Pros

I especially like the ability of keeping track of the Paid Time Off (PTO) and other benefits as we used to have to keep numerous spreadsheets updated, which the employees could not access. This way the employees can transparently see how much vacation time or personal time remaining as well as the amount benefits still available. Being able to run reports on the various items is a great timesaver, as it gives us a quick way to notify management each month.

Cons

We don't like the way that it forces the remaining vacation/lieu days to not include scheduled days, forcing you to do a bit of subtraction to know how many days you really have available to book. It seems misleading when the big number that you see includes future booked vacation days. Should hopefully be an easy fix for the dev team to fix up in the near future. The Performance management feature is something that we are just now beginning to use. While it isn't nearly as full-featured as we'd like, it fits in our budget and we will make it work.

Our HRM team loves this

HR tools in one place covering all HR functions and the entire employee lifecycle from applicant tracking, hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, clearance, movements, resignation, retirement... all in! The reporting tool is powerful enough, just make sure to have everything you need planned and mapped out so you can have it all set up by the vendor right from the bat. :)

Pros

Cloud-based HR software is less hassle to maintain for the internal IT team, and easy to manage for the HRM staff. It is full-featured, at least more than what we needed to manage the entire lifecycle of an employee (hiring, performance, records, training, timekeeping, movements, resignation, retirement, etc). The tracking is easy and intuitive (e.g., how many leaves left/used, timekeeping record). The home/dashboard is attractive and easy to navigate. The digital HR 201 files are well kept in one secure place. BambooHR is flexible and extensible to keep all the needed information for each employee.

Cons

Updates to the software come in too pricey. The ability to add/remove custom fields and reports have to go through their customer support/channel. Therefore, make sure that you have everything already mapped out during your project planning and implementation for your company (to minimize change requests and additional cost).

Great HRIS for small to medium companies which is easy to use

Pros

I liked the preboarding feature a lot - makes it very easy to onboard new employees even before they started, it's fully automated so all you have to do is just mark a person as hired and set up a workflow once and the rest is taken care of. nice feature of having people answer questions about themselves as it helps the team to learn more about their future colleagues. the performance module is very...

Cons

Bamboo's support team is in the US and also as they grew bigger, they switched to ticket system vs just messaging them which made the process of gettig support slower. it's understandable but for us as a customer it was quite visible. also the customisation is not so easy and many requests were turned down as it wasn't on their roadmap.

Very Satisfied With This HRIS

We've been with Bamboo about 2 years, and are satisfied with the product. The company is constantly deploying new features and their customer support are patient and client service driven.

Pros

As a web-based solution, Bamboo was easy to deploy and allowed a high degree of customization. The ability to easy create custom fields was critical for our organization. Also, we were able to centralize various types of data by using Bamboo's import functionality. Bamboo has allowed us to simplify employee files.

Cons

The solution has some limitations, especially around custom fields and reporting. That said, their development teams are open to feed back. One specific area where custom data is lacking, is on mobile vs web browser. The mobile app is great for end-users, but not as useful for manager/administrators. This is primarily because the app only displays canned fields, customs fields do not appear on the mobile app.

Bamboo Review

Cut down on administrative costs with employee self service and reporting functions. Overall has been a good experience and can see that this product will continue to improve over time.

Pros

Product is very easy to use, a lot of resources in the learning center.

Cons

There could be some improvements made on the timekeeping aspect and customization. An option to archive old company files, customization of payroll reporting on the bamboo side, attendance overview report (brief view of each employees days out, useful for performance reviews), customization to the benefits reports (ability to see multiple plans on one report instead of running them separate and only including those who are enrolled and not everyone), no leave of absence tracking.

User friendly HR software

We have been using the system for 8+ years. Employees really like it, and we have been able to do away with “paper employee files.” A big step towards going paperless for us.

Pros

This is an all encompassing HR software system. It has all the features that we rely upon. Easy for employees to use. Constantly evolving to offer more and better features.

Cons

The only minor thing is that we are unable to see the “specific time” that an employee is booked off during any given day. For example if the employee is off from 8-11 am for an appointment, the staff are unable to see that. We wish it would be fixed!

I cried when I found this product!

My experience has been extremely positive! Having a live person whi speaks clear English when implementing and with any issues is invaluable. Training is clear and concise for my whole team. The resources, groups, feedback and overall program use has been extremely easy.

Pros

I was looking for a product and didn't realize there was a program that could seamlessly integrate all the areas I was struggling with. The personalized integration coach made it so easy that the more I discovered this program could do, it brought me to tears of happiness and released a big paperwork burden!

Cons

The program isn't flawed so much as it exposes your business shortcomings as far as policies, procedures and work flow. I would like a bit more seemless Integration with payroll . It would be nice to make creating forms a little easier but it is an amazing technology.

BambooHR has been a solid partner for quite some time

It's been great using and growing with BambooHR; customer service is always so quick to respond and so helpful. The system is easy to understand which is helpful when our employees run in to any issues.

Pros

BambooHR is super easy to use which makes you want to use it more. Since we've been working with you all (~5 years now), it's been great to see the platform grow and for customer feedback to be taken in to create updates and improvements where necessary. I like that so much of the system is modifiable to what we as a company need, and of course the fact that there can be various access levels helps you feel confident that the right people are seeing the right information.

Cons

It would be nice to have 1 BambooHR account across our 3 different regions, but have there be regional variations that can be modified for each regions needs. I can't remember the specifics, but I remember there was a lot of headache in using the one account for all 3 regions (how we initially signed up for BambooHR); but after all these years, I wish we still had some things connected to get that wider global view in to information more easily. And this would allow us to use integrations with Lattice, Slack, etc more easily.

Integrating most departments to HR

Pros

In our company's setup, we have multiple departments using BambooHR as our primary way to help synchronise onboarding and offboarding requirements. We have an internal workflow in which whenever there's an onboarding/offboarding; it will send a message to the IT Depot (that would be me) to prepare equipment for the new hire, another one to the Accounting Depot to set up payroll, and so on. My favourite...

Cons

Email notifications can get quite spammy, especially during hiring seasons. I'm an admin user in BambooHR, and from time to time my inbox would get filled with BambooHR notification from new hires, probation period reminds, etc. All that is great, however, there's no direct way to disable email notification from a user's end.

A simple tool for small companies that are just starting their way in the automation of HR processes

Overall impressions are positive, we are not planning to change Bamboo for something else yet.

Pros

The customer focus is impressive! Very friendly managers, genuinely willing to help. The implementation of this system in our company was quick and easy. Very fast and qualified customer support team. The tool is really the easiest and most understandable among all analogs.

Cons

Half of the functionality is impossible to customize. I think the developers should take into account that their system can be used by companies from different countries and with different needs. Also, the interface is not translated into all languages, which limits the ability to use the tool.

Bamboo HR is fantastic. Completely automate your HR needs. Very intuitive and user friendly.

This product allows my management team to be on the same page with employee administration. Our managers are able to access our Bamboo account from anywhere, allowing them to keep better information on their staff. It helped reduce costs by allowing employees to enter & update their own personal information. the reporting has automated several manual reports we used to produce in the corporate office. We continue to automate more processes with the help of the Bamboo development team. The on boarding and off boarding processs is streamlined by offering electronic on boarding, taks assignments, and e signature documents.

Pros

Bamboo HR covers every aspect of employee administration and HR management. The canned functionality and reports meet 90% of my organizations needs. The minor things that we discovered missing, we requested and Bamboo customized them for us - very quickly and at no additional charge. The cloud based platform keeps my entire management team on the same page with their employees as well as with the other departments. Bamboo is very intuitive and easy to use. Bamboo allows you the ability to alter screens and develop your own specialized reporting. Our employees have the ability to view and update their personal information and request time off through a free app.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the product. The only thing missing for my organization (which Bamboo is researching at this time) is time clock integration. They do have time clock integration, but we use a facial recognition time clock and they do not have a solution for that product type at this point.

Excellent choice for SMB's

Needed an affordable HR system that could do everything we needed it to. For the most part it does, but we have to use ADP for our Payroll to satisfy that aspect of our business, including our time keeping and vacation. We use a different Applicant Tracking System for recruiting and hiring, but everything else goes through BambooHR.

Pros

The user interface is perfectly logical and easy to navigate. Very simple format with ability to handle complex scenarios.

Cons

The time keeping and payroll features are bolt ons. It would be nice to have fully integrated, inhouse designed and operated options for a 100% complete all-in-one system.

The best thing to happen to our organization.

My overall experience with BambooHR has been nothing but amazing. From implementation to now, they have always been really supportive and great to work with when I have questions or want to customize something within our system.

Pros

It is had to chose just one thing about BambooHR that is most impactful to our business, because really we couldn't live without. Having an HRIS has changed the way we support our employees, and we can see that in so many areas. My top three features would be: time off, performance management and documents.

Cons

I wish that we could download more reports as PDF's or build clean documents to export - sometimes I have to take a screen shot to save something.

Sussex County Public Schools

Pros

BambooHR has been a lifesaver. When I enter my current HR position, there was no HR system in use. All reports were completed using spreadsheets. Bamboo has been a time saver, and I have been able to navigate the system with ease. When the occasions occur whereby I may need assistance, Bamboo's customer service department is easy to reach, pleasant to talk to, and customize the conversations to meet the division's needs. Also, I love the hiring system. It allows my department to provide offer letters and have access to Indeed & Glassdoor and ZipRecruiter as a part of our contracted services.

Cons

My division would like to use the Time-Off Tracking system, but it needs to integrate with the Bright system which is currently used by Payroll.

BambooHR Makes My Job Easier

BambooHR has helped us to streamline the onboarding process, tracking of employees, employee performance, and setting goals.

Pros

I like being able to use the reports in BambooHR to look at the different stats available. It makes my job so much easier to have those stats at my fingertips. I also like having all of the information about the staff in one place. I love the new-hire packet feature and being able to get all of that fun paperwork out of the way before a new employee comes for their first day. I also like the onboarding...

Cons

It would be nice to be able to add custom fields for items that we track, and run reports on those fields.

FundsDLT

Experience has always been very good even if it does not go with improvements. At the beginning, I was quite impressed. Today, I am sometimes disappointed by the lack of operational common sense and the poor adequation with local requirements. As I pointed it out when I entered into the contractual relationship, it is still a US centric tool.

Pros

It is easy to use and most of the modules are well thought.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like, rather things I would improve: - org chart: we should be able to build matricial views - we shoudl be able to create open positions visible in the org chart - would be powerfukl if we could create customized fields - Reports are good but does not fit management requirements. As already mentioned in previous feedback, we should be able to create powerpoint presentation...