All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

BeeBole Timesheet

The most powerful web time tracking tool for companies

BeeBole Timesheet Reviews

Pros

Great interface, rich functionality, very robust reporting capabilities, API integration.

Janusz K.

Read the full review
Best in class customer service, high degree of customization, great reports and analytics.

Martin F.

Read the full review
I enjoyed using Beebole and it was easy to log my working hours. The production of graphs and reports was usual to my seniors when they wanted to view time spent on tasks like myself.

Takura S.

Read the full review

Cons

We use the data partly for internal assessment and partly for billing as some processes are hourly charged.

Gary O.

Read the full review
The biggest disadvantage for me is that BeeBole is not linked to our invoicing system. This means a lot of extra work for the invoicing.

Julie V.

Read the full review
At first, it was hard to use due to access and no instruction manual or walkthrough but after spending time on the app I learned everything quickly.

Takura S.

4.6

Great product. Easy to use. Great support. What more do you want out of any kind of software?

Timesheets... unless employees don't fill them out, we don't get paid. Getting paid is a huge benefit to the company. Duh.

Pros

Simplicity. It is rare that you can find a product that is easy to use BUT also is very feature rich. Beebole has hit a homerun with their Timesheet product. We have used several different timesheet systems and this by far is the best product out there. Support was also top notch. If I have a question, I could send an email and they were right on it. Even if they could not figure it out right away, they still let me know that they are working on it and kept me up to date. LOVE IT.

Cons

Not being able to change the colors of the rows on the timesheet. Petty. But something I would like control over.

Thank you so much for the review, Marty! We're thankful for your service and your words.

BeeBole works for us!

We are a small consulting firm that relies on accurate time reporting for reimbursement from our clients. BeeBole has provided that with a minimal learning curve. Whenever we have a question or concern about anything the BeeBole team has been very responsive and pleasant to work with.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and much more intuitive than some other software we looked at. My staff adapted quickly and like they can access from anywhere.

Cons

While standard reports are not exactly what I am looking for, the ability to export the data is so easy and gives me the ability to make the reports look as I want them to.

Thank you for your kind feedback Diane! We really appreciate it. If you ever need any help finding the reports you need, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Beebole review

Support team is amazing

Pros

It's easy to use as a user and explain to new employees as a trainer. It's easy to use to pull the reports that are needed.

Cons

Once you get the product setup correctly it's easier to use but the click/drag function to a new user is a pain. It is also hard to ensure what the other users are viewing. We have sensitive information and we want to ensure that is not conveyed to a project manager, the settings feature is very confusing.

Thank you Melissa! We agree that our UI could be better, which is what we're working on now. We hope to have a new, improved, and easier to use version of BeeBole available soon.

Great product

This is a really great product. I evaluated many tools for time tracking and this is the best. Not sure why this tool is not well known (or maybe it's just me) compared to other products. I will definitely recommend this product.

Pros

- Easy to use - Monthly fees are very reasonable. - Has many options such as Reports and settings. - Can organize customers, employees, projects pretty neatly. - Customer service is very excellent. When you email with questions, the response is very prompt.

Cons

- The lack of Quickbooks integration option. I use Quickbooks Online, but this took only supports the old version of Quickbooks desktop.

Thank you very much for your review and kind words Michelle! We really appreciate it. We are so delighted to read that among many tools, you found Beebole to be so fitting to your needs!

Good but could use some improvements

Not bad and not amazing overall its good for a time keeping system

Pros

Software is good at time and attendance

Cons

Need and IOS app! Costing tools need work and the API with other programs doesnt work

Thank you for your feedback! We do offer a mobile app for iOS and would be more than happy to assist you with any problems you have with the API. Don't hesitate to reach out.

Beebole for our company

Pros

Beebole is highly available, provides 95% of the features that we need, and is easy to use for our administrators and our staff. We use the timekeeping and report features, as well as the project and subprojects to track our contracts and customer projects.

Cons

Our few enhancement requests have never made it into the system. One particular enhancement that we've asked for is the ability to input timesheets on a semi-monthly basis. This must not have ranked high enough in the product backlog to make it into the system.

Thank you for your feedback Robert! Indeed we'd love to be able to address every feature request we receive, but we're forced to pick and choose based on demand. I can say that we're currently working on several new features and improvements. Thanks again for your kind words! - Yves

A good fit

This is definitely an upgrade to our previously excel based timesheets. Information is secured and trustworthy, nothing gets erased by mistake, and you can track in real time how much has been spent on each project. I would say that it can be improved though, for example, adding an end date to projects would be good, to avoid people billing on already finished projects. Overall, I would say that it takes a while to figure out how to parameter and use it properly, but once you do, it becomes a very helpful tool, and the Beebole team is always here to help. We are glad to have selected it!

Pros

It is very easy to record hours, the interface looks good and is customizable. The reports allow you to display or extract the data under many forms, easily accessing the information you need in a timely manner.

Cons

It takes some time to figure out how to best use it, for example, a lot of our users keep sending in their timesheets when they only wanted to save them, or get lost with the timeframe feature. It is not completely intuitive.

Thank you for the nice and complete feedback. We really appreciate it.

No hassle tracking and project budgeting

Beebole's web based interface makes it very easy for me to record my time on projects whether I am in the office or out in the field.

Pros

I chose Beebole several years ago because it was the easiest, best and most cost effective time tracking and project budgeting software I found. Since then, I have never had a need or even a desire to look for an alternate. It serves my needs perfectly. For my work, it easily allows me to track my hours against a project budget to stay in the black. When I need to prepare task reports for projects that are based on an hourly fee, I get beautiful, branded documents that I submit with my invoices.

Cons

I have no issues with the software. It has always been easy to use and to integrate into my precesses.

Thank you for your kind words Scott! We work hard to make BeeBole complete, reliable, and affordable and feedback like yours is what motivates us.

Simple and Effective

As an independent consultant that makes 100% of my income from time billed - BeeBole is the one of the most important tools I have for tracking projects and being able to bill clients effectively. Our clients appreciate the detail and like the fact that we can track different scopes of the same project and stay within estimated hours for these projects.

Pros

BeeBole has just the right mix of comprehensive features and a simple direct interface that doesn't burden your time

Cons

There isn't much I can say that is negative. Overall it is well designed and easy to use. The only slight issues I have had are entries hanging or error messages that affect some data entries.

Hello Philip, Thank you so much for such a feedback! It is really appreciated. Yves

Great Product and Team

The team at Beebole are great. Always see to any queries that are raised (which is not many) very quickly and have always sorted them out for us.

Pros

After set up, this is one of the easiest pieces of software to use. 99% of our user feedback has been positive, the other 1% was due to restrictions our company imposed so not due to Beebole. Reporting function is great and easy to use. Different user screens to control staff views is good to control information seen, and to have control over default views is another god factor.

Cons

Set up took a long time, I think mostly so we could get the software to work for our company needs and not due to the system itself. Each company is unique and so the option to have it work in multiple ways is needed. Not really a Con.

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words Matt, we really appreciate it!

Straightforward but powerful time registration tool!

I have found the tool very effective in creating monthly reports for team leads and finance. Also applying some post-processing (by means of a spreadsheet) is very easy thanks to all the metadata that can be added to time entries such as custom field values and groups.

Pros

The SW is nicely structured in modules, and every screen is highly customizable depending on your needs and role in the organisation. The best thing by far is the support these guys are providing: even when hitting the limits of the tool on a given use case, the online chat is always the easiest way to get in touch with them and get support in a matter of a couple of hours tops!

Cons

Management of which users get to view which projects to book their hours on is not the simplest thing to configure when managing complex setups (e.g. by default every new sub-project/project/company is visible to everybody - or inherits by its parent). When pushing the tool to its limits, especially when trying to move hours across projects and companies, it can be hard to get it right because the manual intervention required can be error prone. A recent update has improved this aspect (no more need for export and import data), however there are still a number limitations (e.g. hours cannot be moved from a project to a sub-project).

Hi Filippo, Thank you for your review and feedback. Did you check the Project Overview in Settings > Download your data. This give you a clear list of who has access to what in the timesheet. Kind regards, Yves

Simple and intuitive tool for logging your work hours

Pros

My company used different timesheet tracking tools in the past, but the one I liked the most and that my company used in the end was BeeBole. The user interface is simple and easy to fill out. Depending on how it is set up for you, you may have the ability to modify hours logged on previous days, which other timesheet tools often may not allow you. The ability to show and hide rows is also neat as you don't lose the data when you remove a row, just the visibility is removed. I like the row colors too.

Cons

This isn't a problem with the tool but rather with how the company configured it for its users. But whenever I need to charge hours towards a charge code that isn't in my available codes, I have to reach to our HR to request the code be added to my list. I wish we had the ability to add our own charge codes, and then HR can later validate it - to me that would make it more flexible.

Hi Randall, I realize I never took the time to thank you for your feedback. Thank you! Yves

Taptu Feedback

I'ts been great overall for our needs. I would (and do) recommend to clients with similar needs to our own.

Pros

Simplicity and very tight scope focused on time capture against client projects.

Cons

The user interface is clever in that it's highly configurable (a smart concept), but as much as this works in it's favour, it also hinders navigability through the data and forces some design concessions which can make the user experience weaker for rich usage patterns. The API still has areas for improvement relating to primary and external keys for some data sets , as well as limitations in some retrieval queries.

Luca, a big thank you for your message. I really appreciate it.

Does what you'd expect

Pros

It's a fairly intuitive UI and end-users pick it up quickly without needing much support. Administration is also straight-forward.

Cons

Despite the direct integration with QuickBooks, we still had to create custom middle-ware to massage the data into a usable format to meet our requirements.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us Kevin! - Yves

Effective and extremely flexible time tracking tool for freelancers and agencies

I work with other freelancers and I have several clients. I really need to know what's going on, and it's not a matter of trust and performance, it's a matter of understanding how long it takes them to do some recurring tasks and unexpected ones, because my quote for clients is based on those billable time entries and I found that, before using this app, most of the time we were completely underestimating...

Pros

Product itself: the customizable dashboards and reporting system. All the permission levels. Also pricing system. Support is superb. The fact it is in Spanish.

Cons

When I signed up for the free trial, it felt like landing a little bit on the moon, like emptiness. I was expecting more bells & whistles, now I appreciate its simplicity, and probably the fact of having a walkthrough tour might have helped a little bit. In any case I contacted support and they were fast and attentive and set me up a demo and till now.

A robust software

I manage all the timesheets of my techniciens through beebole and have instant visibility on where time is spent

Pros

Very powerful and the user UI the user's side is excellent

Cons

The admin interface on the back end can be a bit complex if you do not have adequate training

Thank you Jerome for the positive review. It is really appreciated. We are actually working on a new interface which should make the administration much easier.

Beebole Review from Evi Jesaitis

I have to log time daily. I also track if all the employees in the company log, submit and approve when they should be.

Pros

The ease of this product is great! I have to log in to another system for a different contractor and it really makes me appreciate Beebole. From customizing your screen, auto-save on entries, viewing different projects, sub-projects. persons, or task.

Cons

The absence quota feature - there should be a way for admins put in how many hours you have of PTO, add your accrual rate (for example I get 5.5 hours every 2 weeks), and then have Beebole calculate PTO hours. Then when you log in your PTO, it automatically reduces your PTO. There should be an option to allow someone to go negative too - our company allows you to go 40 hours negative.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Evi! We'll be in touch to see if we can help you out with tracking PTO more effectively.

BeeBole time sheets are a key staple of our back office operations

Excellent overall. Very happy with the product. Great value for money.

Pros

Project Balance a software services company with a fully distributed team, with staff across the world and with staff crossing multiple projects at any one time. With Beebole, all staff enters their hours on a daily basis from wherever they are. We can easily pull staff hours for billing and check hours at any time to see progress. We use the CSV download extensively then create a quick pivot table to drive invoicing. I personally like the ease of use inputting my own hours.

Cons

Possibly because I don't do it very often, I find adding projects requires looking around to find right buttons.

Thank you for your kind words Stacey! We really appreciate the feedback. - Yves

Very useful but graphing capability is not intuitive

Overall I really like the platform, I use this at least on a weekly basis, but log in on most days. The functionality is easy to use once you have had a crash course and use it as often as i do, the shear volume of data it holds is great for creating meaningful reports and exporting to create the graphs required.

Pros

I love the quick glance Team Calendar, month by month when i meet with the team leaders i can quickly tell them who is behind in populating Beebole. The data gathered and then exported for what i want to analyse is fantastic, which in turn allows for meaningful discussions around time spent on various projects, sickness etc... I also like being able to create teams with leaders and mirror the hierarchical structure for our business.

Cons

The graphing capability, the reports provide a good overview of the data which you can then export and graph within excel, but the lack of simplistic graphing would be a good touch for initial anomalies to jump out when you first log on. I suppose this is a personal preference and may not be for everyone., overall I really like the platform.

Hi Lee, Thanks so much for the review! We will be happy helping you with the reports, should you need some advice. By the way, have you tried our google spreadsheet add-on? Happy to count you among our customers! Yves

Lawyer's BeeBole review

Issues encountered have been swiftly addressed by BeeBole staff

Pros

Easy to useful the standard configuration Fair price

Cons

Not easy to personalize In the week view, uncompleted lines appear which gives a long list to drop for finding a client line. It does seem possible to backdate an entreprise creation and regularize the backdated time entry.

Hi Teddy, Thank you for the review. Note that at the top of the weekly timesheet, there is a search to easily find a row in the timesheet. Now, if there are project rows that should not be there, deleting an empty row will make it disappear from the view. Kind regards, Yves

Crucial system for internal company operations

We use BeeBole on daily bases within a team of 100 people. BeeBole became a crucial system in our company operations, cost tracking and controlling.

Pros

Cons

Lack of proper mobile application, lack of some advanced functionality e.g. two step approvals of time entries

Thank you Janusz! We now have an app in the Google Play Store, and our progressive web app for other devices has the same functionality and capabilities as a regular mobile app. Please do let us know if there's something specific you think it's missing, as we're always looking to improve. Thanks again, Yves.

Key for managing margins

Pros

This software, as long as others, is the key to measure labor usage. You can measure distance, weight, etc..., but how will you measure time if you don't have anything to record it? So beebole is an userfriendly tool, and easy to setup.

Cons

There is one thing that can be added: group records. If I'm doing a task that is common to several clients, why is it not possible to compute and devide time by the ones selected insted of record a minute or so in each... Anyway, I don't use it in a full way (compute margins, etc...). I guess I could spend more time developing the inputs, but i'm comfortable this way, and have no reason to change.

Thank you for your review Joao! We really appreciate it, and we will have your suggestions for dividing time between clients in mind.

Easy to make bespoke dashboards

The fact I'm never cursing about this tool speaks volumes for a delivery lead like me!

Pros

The ease of creating my own drag and drop bespoke dashboards for tracking across multiple projects is really valuable for me. Also the ease of outputting reports make it easy and simple for senior stakeholders.

Cons

I have found that there's so much functionality it's sometimes difficult to know how valuable they might be for me and the projects I'm working on. Maybe some better on-boarding or distributed training would be helpful.

HI Matthew, We're indeed working on improving the onboarding, so your feedback is very timely. In the meantime, let me know if you'd like to have a call with us to fine tune your implementation, maybe you find features that are valuable for your project management! Thanks a lot for your review!

A solid time recording solution

BeeBole is a solid and reliable solution for recording time at our company.

Pros

It meets all of our requirements for recording time sheets. The most important being able to export reports in CSV format. The UI is very flexible and customisable.

Cons

It is not the easiest application to navigate around. It sometimes hard to find the function or page you are looking for.

Thank you for your feedback Roger! We agree that our current navigation and UI need some updating, and we're working on that now. Hopefully we'll have a new and improved interface to show you soon. Thanks again and regards, Yves

This is closest to perfection time tracking software for our needs

It helped me to reduce time spent in time sheets

Pros

It's very flexible, powerful and highly customizable solution. It gives you endless possibilities and high granularity to cover almost all scenarios in time tracking. In last few years we have even seen solution evolving to address our feature requests. We were never let down and never seen any disruption in service. Technical support was always there to help us find the best way to structure and set up projects. And don't be fooled by the quick response time from support, no they are not bots or some 3rd world call center, they will dig straight to the core of the problem and if you are in luck you might witness awesomeness of Erlang hot code swap and things solving out in front of you in production.

Cons

Wow! We're flattered and glad BeeBole is the right solution for your needs. Thanks a lot for your review.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.