All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Berke

Pre-employment assessment for candidates & hiring managers

Berke Reviews

Ethan K.

Read the full review
The profiles are easy to use and customizable to fit the talent make-up of your best employees.

Michael L.

Becky M.

Read the full review

Cons

Does not work well with our ATS (BambooHR). I have to sign into Berke to manage candidates and also manage them separately on our ATS.

Nate S.

Hannah F.

Read the full review
Some of the earliest iterations of the software were missing some key elements.

Michael L.

4.7

Great pre-hire assessment for the money

Working with them is a breeze. Their customer service to their science team are just great people and people you can trust.

Pros

Berke is great in customizing their assessment process, so my clients understand how a candidate will fill within their company.

Cons

I would like to see options for more in depth assessments.

Important Hiring Tool

Have been using the Berke Profile and its predecessor for over fifteen years. I've change industries from homebuilding to healthcare. I continue to use the Berke with management and professional candidates. When reviewing the Berke summary with candidates they are almost always amazed at how well the profile captures their personal characteristics relating to the environment of the open position....

Pros

When I have taken the time to accurately provide a thorough job standard, the compatibility results are right on. Additionally, as I review the Berke with a candidate, it is not very far into the process before they are usually able to tell me where they are within the criteria before I discuss the actual Berke findings with them as we run through the summary report.

Cons

I really do not have any issues or suggestions for improvement. After having been involved with so many profiles I do find it easier to find the more subtle nuances in the summary. Not sure there is anything but time in service with the Berke which will bring many of those to the surface for discussion.

Thank you Bill. We appreciate the feedback!

Title processor assessment

I cannot count on the assessments and for the price, it is completely not worth it.

Pros

Easy to email a candidate, have them take the assessment and get the results.

Cons

I find it to be inaccurate. Some of the candidates who tested high did not even come close to working out and quite a few of our best people tested as medium. Even some of our borderline medium to low candidates have really excelled while candidates who should have been better at the job according to Berke did not last 30 days.

Accurate & Useable

We are increasing the data in which we use to analyze applicants. The more information we can gather, the better our decision making process is. We have been able to save time not interviewing applicants who score low and ask direct questions that help us avoid poor hiring decisions. This of course saves our team time, money, and energy.

Pros

The Berke assessment describes everyone in a positive manner, looking at behaviors and putting them in context of the job position. It adds another layer of data to our decision making process and provides questions to consider when interviewing each candidate. Each candidate (and our team) feels that the summary accurately describes them. This is a useful tool for our team leaders after the hire to know how to work best with each team member. We also like that you can send as many assessments as you like and pay a quarterly flat rate. This allows us to gather as much data as we need in order to make the best hiring decisions.

Cons

It's hard! Just kidding, but some of our applicants do get a little stressed about some of the timed sections. Even this is helpful in learning about people however.

Thanks, Hannah. We are happy that Berke has helped you make more informed decisions.

Huge time-saver!

The customer support side has been wonderful. I know if I email them, they'll get back to me quickly and that they really want to help me be successful.

Pros

The assessments are stunningly accurate. Showing results to a spouse or colleagues usually gets uncomfortable laughter as the results are so candid and true that people can't believe it. This service saves me so much time as a hiring manager. Working in mining and dealing with a candidate base of people unfamiliar with this type of work can make finding the right person tough. I do a quick phone screen followed by the Berke Assessment (which has the value to me of 3 in-person interviews). We move directly into a site visit and job shadowing from there, and we confidently make offers next. We're completely skipping the miserable classic interview process and moving forward with good data - never needing to just trust our guts on candidates.

Cons

Thank you! I am pleased to hear that Berke has helped you save time and helps you better get to know your candidates.

Helped me narrow the candidates down.

Great sales person (no pressure which I greatly appreciated). She let me take the test myself and get the results. I was impressed that the test could be taken on a mobile phone. I like the over-all summary of the individual and the focused interview questions. I am also aware of racial and cultural biases and I liked having Artificial Intelligence to help me see who were the best candidates - which makes it easier to not default to gender/cultural/racial biases.

Pros

I posted my job during the COVID-19 pandemic when unemployment was soaring. I was nervous about wading through all of the applications so decided to utilize a pre-employment screening tool (and chose Berke out of the three that I looked into). Out of 86 total applicants, only 17 filled out the test, of those - there were 13 "high" fit candidates. From there I was able to review each resume and application to decide who to hire. We hired a candidate who was a 100% fit, she is on week 5 of this job and is doing an amazing job. I'm really happy with this hire and with Berke helping me hone in on the best matches.

Cons

The position was entry-level so I was surprised at the number of "high" fits - I was hoping Berke would narrow it down more. But with a more specific or technical position, this might not be an issue.

Great Combination

Berke allows us to hone in on the talents and traits that make the job easier for our best performers. The interview questions that are generated allow us to gain a depth of knowledge about each of the areas in question.

Pros

Cons

We've been with Berke as they have grown as well. Some of the earliest iterations of the software were missing some key elements. They've been on this platform for a while now and it's hard to find any issues.

Thanks, Mike! We appreciate it.

The Berke Option For Screening Candidates

I often recommend it to clients who need an applicant assessment screening program at a fair price with numerous options for tailoring it to the specific needs of different job positions. It allows a benchmark of all positions to be created easily for screening out candidates that do not fit the needs of the job.

Pros

Its flexibility is choosing characteristics & skills needed to complete a job successfully. The scoring option that shows how close of a fit a candidate is to the job and specific interview questions!

Cons

The Integrity section needs to be strengthened.

Thanks, Norm. We appreciate your insight.

Very good and user friendly system

Pros

Great system and good layout. Very easy to use. Good reports of candidate results and easy to read.

Thank you Veronica!

Ideal personality assessment for a growing staffing start-up!

We love Berke! It is a great candidate differentiation tool for our partners. It is low price, easy to use, and produces accurate results!

Pros

Low price, good assessment with good, accurate results, easy to use

Cons

Old interface and UI, could use a face lift. It is easy to use though, which is great!

Thank you! We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear that the results are accurate.

Great hiring tool

Overall, berke is a great tool to use when hiring new employees.

Pros

I use Berke Assessment a lot for when I am interviewing and hiring potential employees. The program is awesome with giving great interview questions and determining what are their strengths and weaknesses.

Cons

Sometimes, the algorithm is not as accurate in determining a person's statistics according to it's standards.

Thanks for the feedback, Ethan!

Great Product

Berke has a great team! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful in getting the profiles set up.

Pros

I love that the Berke looks at what makes an employee successful in your own particular organization as a predictor for finding others that will also be successful. The interview guides have been very helpful in discussing areas that may not match up.

Cons

I wish there was a way to group certain candidates together such as all the ones that became employees.

Accurate Assessment Tool

We use Berke Assessment during our hiring processes to see if potential candidates will fit within our organization professionally and personally. The character assessments has been SPOT ON and when showing them to the new hire they are amazed by the accuracy. We definitely will continue to use this tool to gauge new hires. Highly recommended!

Pros

The accuracy on who the people are especially the last page that gives the overall summary.

Cons

I wish there was a section for testing common sense logistic testing.

We are so happy that Berke has been beneficial and we appreciate the product feedback. Thank you!

Great User Experience

Great experience! User friendly!

Pros

Very inexpensive for what you get, easy to send out to candidates.

Cons

Some of the reports are very strongly worded and will eliminate candidates so we have to limit distribution at times.

We appreciate the feedback!

It's the Customer Service that WOWS!

My favorite part about using Berke is the incredible service I get from their representatives. Anytime I send emails, I always get communication back. They are willing to help answer questions and make sure each need is either met or directed to another solution that best fits our ends. I'm more than impressed. Thank you for making this a great experience.

Pros

We are a coaching and consulting business that also helps our clients with interviewing potential new hires. The software is easy to use, very user friendly, and it does exactly what we need.

Cons

NA.

account managers have been great. The results come back very quickly.

Pros

Easy to use, great account management, easy to read reports

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about the software

Wonderful Product!

Implementation was seamless and simple. Customer service, though rarely needed, is very good. Our contact was very accommodating and helpful throughout the purchase process.

Pros

I have been working in the Human Resources arena for over 30 years and have seen a number of different assessment products at work. Making the move to Berke Assessments in the last year was the best decision our company could have made. The ease of use for administrator and user is amazing, but most importantly, the value of the results is unmatched in my experience. The information we receive on candidates proves to be incredibly accurate and the immediacy of the results is a real advantage.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this service.

Great product, great value, excellent service,

This is a great tool as part of our hiring process.

Pros

Ease of use. Comprehensive and understandable reports. The ability to test applicants against a other job profiles.

Cons

Not able to test an applicant against the database of job profiles all at once; and/or not able to look up all job profile matches against a single profile.

Thanks, Cass. We are glad to hear that Berke has been beneficial. We appreciate the feedback!

Great tool to help narrow the candidates for hire, down to the best person for that job!

Since we started using the Berke Assessment we have avoided hiring a couple individuals that appeared to have the right answers but their assessment showed otherwise. It has also helped us hire a couple of individuals that didn't really sell themselves as the perfect candidate but the assessment showed they were and have done a great job since hiring them.

Cons

Thank you Steve! We are so happy that Berke has helped you hire great people.

Berke is beneficial

So far, so good!

Pros

The fact that employees cannot "cheat" the test. No matter how they choose to answer, somehow the test always knows the truth.

Cons

I don't care for the metrics used to determine "fit" for job placement.

Excellent Resource for Employee Development

Pros

The assessment truly captures the individual.

Cons

The timing of the assessments. I felt as though if I had more time I could have scored better.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.