BerniePortal Reviews

4.51/5 (35 reviews)

Bunny Pratt

Highly Engaged

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Efficiency and continuity of information delivery of insurance benefits in addition to legible enrollment forms with complete information.The toggle inputs make setting up the portal easy, and, if you have all the pieces (census, subgroup designations, rates, and benefit summaries), a portal can be setup in a day, versus 6-8 weeks on other systems. We utilize the portal mainly during open enrollment since it provides an easy way to post age rates or composite rates and provides a delivery mechanism for ACA required Summary of Benefits and Coverage. It leverages much of the data held in the system to pre-populate enrollment forms and collect actual signatures (via touchscreen or mouse).  It also offers Onboarding capabilities (I-9, W-4, Handbook receipts, etc.) for those companies who want to go paperless.  We launched the portal with our 50+ clients first in order for them to capitalize on the 1095 reporting capabilities with BerniePortal then rolled out portals for smaller clients at their renewal. The system is compatible with any device that can connect to the internet so even field employees can enroll using their phone. We have monthly support calls with our BerniePortal Account Manager to discuss newly released features and provide feedback on cases in progress.

Tammy Bradford

BerniePortal Review

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Our overall experience with BerniePortal is great. Our customers are coming around to using it and those that do, love it. I've been able to get Open Enrollments done quicker, processing is quicker since we are not continually tracking down employees to receive needed information from paper apps and in some cases with small groups, the need for employee meetings has reduced.I like the clean, easy to read look of the software. It's not a "busy" website where you get lost in knowing what to do next. This software is the most user friendly I've seen from an online enrollment site.

Sandi Crawford

Admin Staff and Clients Love It

Reviewed 2018-10-31

Buying into an enrollment platform was a big decision, and we did not take it lightly. After vetting multiple options, we made the investment with BerniePortal and it has far exceeded our expectations. We would not hesitate to make the same decision again, and would highly recommend this platform to any broker looking to solidify their standing with clients and expand their book all while making things easier for your admin staff!BerniePortal addresses those pain points that our clients and admin staff have complained about for years, and offers a robust solution. So much more than an online enrollment platform, BerniePortal offers HR tools, compliance help, integrated billing with some carriers, payroll integration and integrated COBRA administration. Our clients rave about the portal and our admin staff needs have decreased since we began using BerniePortal. The service provided by the BerniePortal staff is second to none!

Sandra Porcaro

Review by Company Administrator

Reviewed 2018-12-11

From the brokers admin standpoint the software provides an online solution to administer and maintain benefits, especially for the smaller to midsize groups. It gets more complicated with larger groups that have multiple levels. Working closely with a BP rep that is a good fit for the firm is extremely important to make these build outs and renewals go smoothly.The software's functionality is fairly easy to use from the standpoint of the brokers admin. I am able to easily train our groups admins to manage their groups benefits, enrollment and renewal process.

Diana Epstein

Positive over all. Great responsiveness from success team. Buildout process can be challenging.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

It is highly customizable which is very valuable to our firm and the small group market we primarily serve.It tackles online benefits administration and onboarding in a very unique way. It is designed by brokers with brokers in mind. It is intuitive and has a user interface that is easy to understand. It is constantly being updated and improved. It gets better every day.

Joshua Smith

Bernie Portal is great!

Reviewed 2018-12-11

I am finding Bernie Portal to be a great value add for my agency. My groups like the portal, it is easy to use, and it helps me get new business and retain what i already have. I am a big fan!I like the fact that Bernie Portal is so focused on the broker. The fact that they build each website for me and update each year on renewal makes Bernie Portal such a great partner for my agency.

Kristen Rolfes

Open Enrollment 2019 -

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-11-29

For the most part the software is a great tool for open enrollment. It is quick and most employees could elect their benefits without any problems.

Meghan Elise Guffee

Customer support worth the price

Reviewed 2018-12-12

We were looking at having to hire two support staff immediately to support new & renewal business Q4. With Bernie's ease of implementation and instant streamlining effect we were able to defer to Q1 so we can spend much needed time searching, thoughtfully rather than desperately, for our one new staff member. Eliminated the need for a second one.The fact that I don't have to build out anything or learn how to code to be able to use it and show my clients how to use it. I have one person at Bernie to communicate with and he builds everything needed to make me look good and my clients feel confident in the technology. I truly love not having a revolving phone bank of support or having to create a ticket online and wait for someone to pick it up.

Katherine Lotz

Bernie Portal review

Reviewed 2018-12-11

It is very time intensive to get a group set up correctly in the portal. The carrier forms are not filled out completely. There isn't direct enrollment with the carriers. The carrier forms must be printed out and enrollment completed on carrier website. With not all the information filled in on the enrollment forms it makes it necessary for us to contact the employee to verify information needed for the online enrollments. It is easy for Employees to complete their benefit elections in one place.

Joan Coffman

The support team is fantastic

Reviewed 2017-08-25

The ease of online enrollment so that we do not have to travel to all the work sites or rely on other agents to enroll core at the same time they enroll supplemental productsfunctionality and ability to work with it and the development team really listens to your requests for improvement

Megan Montrois

Highly Recommend

Reviewed 2018-12-11

Overall experience is great! Support team is easy to work with and responsive. The system is customizable and simple to navigate. Even if employees don't have computer access, the masquerade feature overcomes this issue.The system is very user friendly and customizable.

Pat Reaume

A great product to eliminate quoting and faxing applications to the client.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

I feel I can compete with the big boys. I've brought something new to the client and i think that is important.Once you set the client up, pick the employer contribution, add voluntary then you welcome employees to enroll. You then capture their request and process their applications. The biggest thing for us has been adding voluntary products without the need to bring in an enrollment team.

Jennifer Parks

Fantastic Team

Reviewed 2018-12-11

The total customer experience definitely exceeds expectations. If we have suggestions on how to improve our team is very responsive and listens to our suggestions and usually implements them very quickly.

Steven Katcoff

Broker and Employer User

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Overall is very strong. This time of year things are busy for us all, but the team works hard for us.Very user friendly from an admin and employee perspective. Customization is easy as well.

Bernie Review

Reviewed 2018-12-19

GreatThe software is super simple! I could list a dozen things that I love about the portal.

Lou Doherty

I've been very happy with the system and service from BerniePortal overall.

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Clients have a simple HRIS that allows employees to enroll online.Most clients the system for enrollment and find it intuitive, easy to use. System is set-up such that the least tech-savvy employee can use the system with a little instruction.

Whitney Blair

BerniePortal Review

Reviewed 2018-12-11

I am new to using Bernie Portal on the broker level but I can already see the benefit of our agency purchasing it. We've seen many of our clients get excited about the platform, especially when they are able to easily learn more about their benefits and how to keep their benefit information organized in one place. We've also seen HR Director's light up when they're able to pull reports quickly and keep track of the many HR tasks all in one spot. It's user friendly for brokers, employers and employees. Which is one of the most important features you want in any system.

Teresa Marble

We use Bernie Portal for about 50 groups, almost all without a hitch.

Reviewed 2018-03-09

It makes employee benefit open enrollment and carrier updates so much faster and smoother.The customer support is amazing. My questions are answered promptly, and they are responsive to suggestions and ideas.

Matthew Glaros

Revolutionized our enrollment capabilities

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Very User friendly and "dummy" proof. Employers in all industries and size can benefit from a program like Bernie

Paula Beersdorf

Great product, very easy to use. Best Service EVER!

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Have our information all in one place, and the data integrates with our agency management system.Very simple for the administrator to use, and learn. The onboarding feature is especially popular among HR staff. Employees love it too and it is a great compliance tool.

Joshua Smith

Making communication with clients much easier.

Reviewed 2017-08-22

Intuitiveness and ease of use. Slick interface. Clients love it. Relatively small learning curve. ...

Anonymous

Use for selecting/adjusting/tracking benefits received through work

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-04-13

You can view your current benefit selections at any time, even if the HR team is off the clock at work.

Gets you organized

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-21

Moving us from paper to digital. The best thing was how simple it was to use. I have employees that varies in age and computer knowledge and it was so easy! They were able to log in, fill out the form with ease and submit. Accessing the information after the fact was simple and the staff was just so happy that we went digital. On the back end as the administrator, it has all the reports I need and more. It was easy to go back and review files.

Tonya Smith

Enhancements Needed

Reviewed 2018-12-11

I love that we are not having to read employees handwriting. I like the ease of moving around in the system.

Sandi Crawford

BerniePortal has exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed 2017-08-22

My clients absolutely love BerniePortal. The benefits enrollment is great, and the onboarding tools are a huge bonus. What a difference from collecting paper applications from all employees!As a broker, ease of use for my clients is critical. Online enrollment is the future in benefits, and getting on board with a system that does it right was essential. BerniePortal delivers!