Blackboard Learn Logo

Blackboard Learn

Online learning management system and course management

Blackboard Learn Reviews - Page 5

As a student, I am very satisfied with this software.

Pros

Easy to navigate, you can easily see all of your courses and grades in each course. You can easily upload and view assignments and take online tests.

Cons

Newer updates on this software have made certain actions difficult to find/ navigate, but I have no real negative feedback for this software.

A staple to higher education learning

Pros

I took a lot of online courses during my higher education learning, and it made my life a lot easier having an organized way to manage and track my courses.

Cons

The UI/UX was outdated but not over complex. From my recent research it still seems that blackboard is the same now as it was 10 years ago?

Blackboard Learn - review

I use Blackboard Learn everyday though my studies. This is where I get feedback on my work, access to compendium, and we often have digital meetings here. In other words, I am very dependent on this app, and I am all in all very happy about it.

Pros

I really like that everything that has to do with my studies is gathered in one place. It is super easy to navigate, to upload and share documents, deliver assignments and communicate with other students through the discussion forums.

Cons

What I like least is that when I get a message from my professor, I get notified much later than when the message actually were sent.

Great for class management

Pros

This is my favorite online schoolwork platform. It is fast, easy to use, does not have ridiculous amounts of maintenance that shuts down the program for days, etc.

Cons

It's a little clunky to learn how to use, but once you figure it out you're good.

Blackboard allows me to provide a compelling space for teaching and to inspire learning.

There is little question about the advantages of Blackboard over other lms; however, the cost for using it year after year is a problem that bears consideration prospectively.

Pros

I like its many features, from the journal to the discussion board and the integrated gradebook. The discussion board is especially useful, as it can be manipulated to affect teaching strategy and learning outcomes. The gradebook is helpful because its weighting help students to understand where they are at all times in the course.

Cons

I do not like that, on occasion, copy and paste are difficult. I am not always happy with the ease of prioritizing items listed in certain aspects of the course.

Blackboard is getting better

Pros

Quite a few people are using the LMS. Due to current uses Blackboard has changed much of their compatibly with other software.

Cons

This product could be much better. One of the major problems is how email sent through this system can not be responded to in an other email client

Great tool for schools

Pros

Very easy and simple to use interface. All classes and class related materials are very easy to mavigate.

Cons

Not sure if its a con but it is very basic and it need an interface upgrade to keep up with today’s advanced tech but I do not want to lose the its simplicity either.

Easy and Convenient

Pros

Accessibility to information, the ease to navigate from one thing to another. Everything is listen in the needs order for the most part.

Cons

I don't remember any cons using black boards. It was easy convenient to look at my assignments, find my classes and print my syllabus.

Pros

I liked using it as a student. Was able to login to my classes and see my grades and homework due through the app.

Cons

Don't really have any cons besides not all my professors using it. Would be nice if all of them did so that all of my school work would be in the same place

A great platform for students, but could use improvement.

Pros

An easy and accessible platform for students to access their courses, grades, and assignments, but could use improvement.

Cons

A bit outdated look, I think it could be more modernized and therefore more efficient but it gets the job done.

Blackboard Learn

Pros

I like that it connects to email and seems to be very organized. I can access all learning tools and assignments just by logging into one portal.

Cons

at times can be difficult to navigate around. There are a ton of things you can click on, can be easy to get lost at times.

Just Fantastic. Gets the Job done for me.

Pros

Blackboard is a simple e learning solution for companies as well as students. It is easy to customize and very user friendly. Totally in love with the virtual classroom functionality as well as the certification management. Great Software.

Cons

This software like all software isn’t perfect. The mobile app seems a little sluggish. It works for me all the time so am cool e=with this software and would highly recommend.

High School & University Use

Blackboard made my summer online classes manageable, and allowed me to graduate at my desired time. Blackboard is great for people like me who worked 2 jobs while going to school full-time.

Pros

Notifications of my grades and assignments right as they're posted. Much easier to find out how you're currently doing in the class as opposed to bugging a professor.

Cons

While it was required of me as a student, not every professor was required to fully use Blackboard. So when my teachers regularly updated the course page, it was great, but not every professor uses it like they should. Not Bb's fault I suppose, it's just that classes who require a Bb subscription should have full functionality every time.

Blackboard is the best learning management software I've used

Overall, Blackboard easily beats out other software like Moodle and Brightspace

Pros

Blackboard is intuitive and user friendly, in addition to having all the necessary functionalities of a learning management software (uploading work, setting deadlines, accessing grades, etc.)

Cons

The deadline feature goes to the minute, not to the second - this can be a problem for people who upload their work last-minute.

Great way to have an organized online learning experience.

Pros

Great for online classes because it helps keep homework and assignments organized. Easy to navigate between weekly tasks.

Cons

Seems a little bit out dated. Can be a little bit confusing at first time use especially if the instructor does not know how to utilize it.

Blackboard is easy!

Pros

Blackboard is a great platform for online learning! Tracking performance and submissions is done seamlessly!

Cons

The program is costly. There are other software available that may be better suited for the needs of my small company.

Better Learning Tool Out There

Overall my experience with Blackboard was not bad but since using other software I do prefer the others to Blackboard Learn.

Pros

Hosting courses on Blackboard is better than having another software. Helps with managing your class and multiple users can work together to add work to it. Integration with zoom is great and necessary. Eases the maintenance that comes with large classes for teacher assistants and professors.

Cons

So many features could be improved. We now use Canvas and prefer that to Blackboard Learn. Need more integration and more improvements on the mobile app.

Good for Assigning

Blackboard was perfect for my business, allowing me to assign different tasks and readables to my employees.

Pros

You can assign tasks easily with this software and track deliverables on a timely basis.

Cons

Sometimes the software would struggle with certain types of file / folder uploads.

Learning on BB

Overall, Blackboard Learn is a pretty good experience. Students are able to access many things.

Pros

I liked how this software is very easy for students. Instructors can give assignments, show grades, and upload attachments. Changes are instantaneously.

Cons

I don't like how Blackboard constant go through changes and is often down or having technical issues that'll need to be passed onto customer service.

My Review of Blackboard Learn

My overall experience with Blackboard Learn is excellent as a student.

Pros

Blackboard Learn is super easy for anyone to use. I like the notification system as it always reminds me by sending an email if there are some assignments that need to be submitted. Also, I like the dashboard that highlights the university news.

Cons

Blackboard Learn doesn't provide many interactive tools that I can use with my tutor. Sometimes I face some lags when signing in and it rejects my university account. Also, it lacks the themes that I can use and change between.

Blackboard for School

Pros

Blackboard is what most of the colleges use now a days for us online students and I believe it is fairly easy to use.

Cons

No real cons of Blackboard besides user error. Sometimes the information is inputted in incorrectly and makes the page look glitchy.

Easy to Use

Pros

I love how easy blackboard is to navigate. Very easy to find sections of classes, and cuts down software time so you are able to just LEARN!

Cons

Video streaming from uploaded videos isn't that great when shared from Zoom.

Adjunct Professor - Blackboard Learn

Pros

It was easy to use for both me and my students.

Cons

Unfortunately, our university transitioned over to Canvas and I was unable to use the product any longer. However, I did use it for years and it always worked well.

Awesome in an app

Its convenient and smart for any college student. I wish I had something like this for my personal life!

Pros

I have all of my classes readily available so I could stay on top of my studies.

Cons

You could not use it to turn in assignments unless you were on the actual site.

Blackboard is the most convinient LMS for everybody. Friendly and customizeable enviroment

Good value for money, very convinient, multi task, contemporary, easy to use teaching tool. I love it

Pros

Easy to use platform, easy to configure depending the current needs. Rich and attractive interface. Sharing is a piece of cake and motivates the students to interact and comunicate. The price is affordable and it works in any smartphone and tablet, any available device. You are capable to get any tool when you need it. It fosters both independant, self pace learning and collaboration and interaction.

Cons

There is an issue for the educatior, when it is about the assignments and assessments. Not so easy to handle. Utilizes some standards that it might not fit to everyone's taste. It need to be updated more often.