BrainCert Enterprise LMS Reviews

4.4/5 (30 reviews)

Glynis Bretherton

Good but a few hiccups

Reviewed 2019-07-08

It is a good product, and I am happy I am using BrainCert. As with anything, there are things for improvements. When having difficulty with some of the BrainCert functions eg Tests, Assessor/admin roles and Virtual class recording I emailed support and skyped the person who sold me the product. The reply to my questions is slow. This is frustrating because students are complaining about my college and the platform. It does not look professional. Waiting for answers for a couple of days is not good. I think I have contacted support about half a dozen times for help. I have only started BrainCert fairly recently. So I only really need help in the beginning and then I would be do everything myself. Before asking for help from support I read the training information and viewed youtube. However, some of the problems I am having are not covered in this training​. Most problems that have occurred​ I have handled myself except for the ones mentioned above.

Pros
Easy to use. The appearance of the platform, some of the functions. virtual class, however, read below Generally speaking, ​the students find​ it easier to use than the past platform from Wiziq

Cons
It can be a little too complexed in adding extra 'admin or assessor' as a role. Setting up the roles is easy however understanding each function of each part of the role needs to be explained better. The same for adding tests. In regards to the virtual class recording. It could be more streamlined. For example. When a virtual class is recorded it would be better for the recording to be assigned to a students dashboard for easy access. Instead, I have to email a virtual class recorded link to each of my student who are in that particular course. This is a lot of extra work, and a bit of a waste of time. I approached to ​support and he told me this is what I have to do. IF there is an easier way of allowing access to the virtual class recordings please let me know. I would like to use this function often.

Amar Patel

BrainCert Enterprise LMS review

Reviewed 2019-07-29

It has made sharing videos and quizzing clients a breeze.

Pros
Being able to embed videos from a lot of different places and not being forced to pay for storage because our videos are hosted on Amazon AWS S3

Cons
At first the system had a lot of bugs, most of the promised features hot a wall. Subsequent updates and chats with support brought these bugs to their attention and now things are going way better and a lot easier to use. My least favorite thing is how slow the back end is. To get a list of users usually takes a full minute to load. Then entering each user to edit something takes just as long.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Addie Langehennig

This program saved me time and money for the company with easy to use technology!

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Time and money saved for my company.

Pros
I like easily updating materials for my students/users, everyone has the MOST CURRENT information even after they leave my class. I also appreciate being able to receive reviews and monitor activities in the system dashboard. Documents can be set to download easily and make my students use of them more efficient. BrainCert is a great solution to a large manual I used to print and organize manually every month, now I can focus on necessary items one at a time rather than an entire manual. Our goal was to become a paperless digital training department and we were able to achieve this with BrainCert.

Cons
Some of the document formats, like a CSV file, do not play well with the content library. The size limitations for a Powerpoint are not always compatible with my presentations which contain large graphics therefore increasing sizes. However, because of the IT Staff at my company I've found workarounds for my issues.

Ellen Hindson

intuitive product with an appealing interface

Reviewed 2019-03-04

My overall experience with BrainCert was positive, it helped us host and grade certification exams for our product effectively.

Pros
I enjoyed the BrainCert interface, it was comfortable to navigate and offered a fairly comprehensive collection of reporting tools. I liked how easy it was to learn to use, and the user design was a plus.

Cons
I wish that BrainCert had been easier to customize. It took a very long time for updates to be made that allowed me to edit templates sent to test takers (rather than editing every message individually to suit my business needs), and in general software updates did not seem to happen very frequently.

Michael Jones, Ed. S, LPC-S, NCC, DCC

Pleasantly Pleased by this LMS

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Pros
Affordable LMS for small company Responsive customer service Have the ability to use Stripe or Paypal Easy to provide discount codes for courses

Cons
Would love the ability to arrange my course on my front page in the order I like. Would like to have folders that keep my files for organization purposes

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Shellon Christian

Best Service

Reviewed 2019-07-15

With BrainCert, I was able to interact with my students virtually. I was even able to share and access course materials. Most importantly, the pricing for the services is second to none.

Pros
A very reliable service. There is always customer service representatives to assist your needs.

Cons
Sometimes the poor audio quality and the video being delayed.

Yuventhiran Nadarajan

Amazing support team

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Pros
The software does everything we want it to. We can control the access of each user. What they can and can't do in virtual class room But what really makes me recommend Braincert is their support team. They are always available and are a real blessing. We had some teething problems and they would respond at the speed of light!

Cons
There is one feature that I would have liked them to have. I wanted a writing pad that would allow me to observe students write their essays. Something like Google doc. But they are rolling that out in Q4 this year.

Sumam Joseph

Value of Money

Reviewed 2018-12-04

We are using only White board of braincert. Creating a class room and scheduling classes are very easy compared to the other boards. It never shows correct duration as well in the report. But coming to the online board it has several difficulties.

Pros
It comes with lots of Features and Functionalities. Ease of use and customer friendly interface helps us to ease our work.

Cons
Many times it encounters technical difficulties like not able to upload files, file disappears, file appears only for attendee not for presenter or vise versa. Updated version is worse compared to previous version of braincert board

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Donna Hansen

Great product with optional bells and whistles!

Reviewed 2019-07-15

I would definitely revisit this software application for future endeavors. Overall it met most of my needs, and was user friendly.

Pros
Although I did not end up purchasing this product, I did create and demo the type of exam I would have used through this vendor. Creating the exam was easy, and adding the features I needed was no problem at all. So I would say ease of use was a huge benefit of this software.

Cons
I really have no negative comments other than to say that a key feature I needed was not available within this software application. However, I must add that I looked at several different software applications to try and find one that met ALL my needs and none of them could.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed 2019-03-05

I am using braincert for an online tutoring service

Pros
The customer service is outstanding. Anything you need is immediately addressed and for possible extra features that you may need, they take note and get back to you on a later date. I would super recommend them.

Cons
It needs a getting started tutorial because everything you need is there, but it's a little difficult to figure out what the first step is to getting started.

Anonymous

Ready to go live! a cloud based LMS platform with a ton of capabilities at a fraction of cost

Reviewed 2017-04-07

Pros
I really like virtual classroom, courses platform with online testing capabilities. White labeling capabilities will allow enterprise clients to customize per their branding standards. Out-of-box platform utilization reporting capabilities are very powerful to track effectiveness of course offerings. Having worked on various bulky ERP/LMS systems, I am finding Braincert platform very powerful and a great buy for your organizations small scale as well as large scale LMS or training/testing needs.

Cons
many features are available out of box, curious to see which one is highly utilized by end users....

Eamonn Byrne

Support tickets - take over 24 hours for response

Reviewed 2019-04-23

Mixed - It would be really cool if tutor and student could enter the class in advance (10 minutes). But we have the basic version I think this is a feature of the more premium product

Pros
The class works and functionality is good

Cons
The ticket response in my experience is abysmal - If you have a problem you can wait 48 hours plus. 24 hours is a good response time for Braincert. It's clear the ticket is not handled by one person so the agent can respond with the same question more than once. If they have not understood the question or ask the same one twice then you can be the best part of a week to get action on the issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Marjan Javadi

Very easy to use

Reviewed 2016-09-21

I was looking for an LMS with some specific features like live classes, Forum, chat and good costumer service with a reasonable price and I am very happy I found this one. One thing that I really like is that I can constantly chat with their costumer service and I can see if they read my messages or not which is really cool.

Pros
I am in the process of preparing my MVP and so far I like every thing ( I am relatively new to Braincert)

Sonny Nasir

Best Platform for the price

Reviewed 2017-03-28

Pros
It saves money and increases efficiency, It helps businesses work more easily with external parties and clients. It inspires innovation and enables you to share ideas.

Cons
Perhaps to add collaboration module to it. That way the product can add value to the users. Since collaboration is on the rise, users can use one product rather paying for different products.

Anonymous

BrainCert is an easy use and hassle free software

Reviewed 2017-03-29

Pros
1. Easy to use and setup 2. Live video streaming is mostly uninterrupted 3. LMS has many features 4. Their testing platform is well devolved 5. Value for money

Cons
1. Their support team response needs to improve : Needs to be quick 2. Their support is not available on call. Often it takes 3-4 email conversation to make their team understand the issue.

Maria Anna Ida Amerio Helou

Amazing experience for teachers and students

Reviewed 2017-09-16

Pros
The nice GUI, the multilingual option, the virtual classroom and all extensions make any course a modern learning experience. You don't need to hire programmers in order to fix bugs, the Braincert team is always there to solve any issue.

Cons
The course GUI is not totally responsive. The chat sometimes goes offline. Some words are in english.

Mike Gautreaux

Exceptional value for all of the functionality!!

Reviewed 2018-01-21

Pros
Tremendous customer support. They took several items of feedback and either implemented changes or provided links to show me how to do what I wanted.

Cons
Still, a developing platform that could use a slightly cleaner LMS interface. Some tabs are not as easy to find, and messaging within a group isn't as easy as I'd like.

Carrie Smith

Not Perfect, but the Best I Could Find Online

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-04

My overall experience is mixed. I think it has good things to offer, but the things that aren't quite working right are taking too much productivity time out of my work time.

Pros
Test set up was easy. There is a way to preview what your test takers are going to see.

Cons
The certificate creation was and still is not easy to navigate, and I still don't have a professional looking certificate that I can have sent to people when they complete the program. I have tried contacting the customer service center and have received spotty service and no real solutions. I have also had trouble inviting people to take tests because their email server saw it as spam. This resulted in many angry customers on my end who emailed me . Then, I had to email Brain Cert and try to find out why the invitees were not receiving the information. It was a lot of wasted time and made me feel super annoyed. I think Braincert is still ironing out some bugs, and I'm hoping it happens sooner or later. I'm also hoping I can find a few hours in my schedule to revisit the certificate situation because printing them (that I made on my computer) and hand mailing them out is ridiculous.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Recommendable Platform!

Reviewed 2017-02-03

We analyzed this platform for its usefulness for our teams, price comparisons and technology usage and found it very effective. We were part of beta users group and we also compared this product with others.

Pros
-Good price -Good CS -Easy to use/setup -Passed our user tests -Advanced technology

Cons
Not many at this time...

Anonymous

The software does almost everything I need for our online school.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
The software is easy to setup and learn. We had our complete curriculum online in a day. The interface helps direct you to the right place when needed.

Cons
The ability to customize the certificates is lacking an interface that would allow you to build a complete cert.

Lucy Kynge

An educational platform that has thought of everything you need.

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Pros
Easy to use, simple to configure, has thought about everything you need before you know you need it. And fabulous customer support.

Cons
It is sometimes confusing choosing between the different offerings and what they give (e-learning/LMS etc).

Anonymous

Great enterprise solution for online learning system, flexibility and more

Reviewed 2019-07-08

Pros
You have a full Learning System managed on the web. The options available and configuration are really great.

Cons
When you try to integrate or share a course to facebook it can't be done. Because facebook detects it as a malicious site.

Brain Cert for online training

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Pros
Ease of use, features are robust for the online learning environment. Online testing integration is very nice.

Cons
We are providing live training sessions therefore this software seemed too robust for what we need. Maybe in the future as our online classes grow we will need the features. I think it is a great idea and found it to be better and easier to use than other LMS softwares. Support was a little slow which I didn't like.

Amazing

Reviewed 2016-07-13

Enterprise LMS provides you with such a useful teaching platform that helped me interact with the students with ease. The best part is that whatever questions, doubts you may have the BrainCert team will assist you right away. They have been of great help from the beginning,since all this was new to me. They didn't hesitate to answer any of my questions and to be thorough with their answers and help. The tools VC has are simply fantastic and will make the learning process fun and easy for both teachers and students. Before opting for BrainCert I had three other options, and I have absolutely no regrets for choosing BrainCert. I definitely recommend it,especially because it is a great value for money. You will more than love it, in fact you will get addicted to it :)

Syeda Bukhari

Very helpful

Reviewed 2019-10-08

Pros
Studying made easy ever than before. I can study when my energy level is down, this software does most of the work for me

Cons
Not really. I don’t think so there are any flaws