Brazen Reviews

Brazen

Virtual hiring event & online career fair solutions

Brazen

Review Summary

Angie D.

Read the full review
I love the ease of use for both parties. I love that we can take notes and notes can be reviewed afterwards.

Lanse N.

Read the full review
It was actually a lot of fun to hold an event. We were able to connect live with prospective talent and include hiring managers in the process.

Beth A. C.

Read the full review

Cons

Many times the chats kick myself and/or the candidate out during our conversation. It's created a terrible candidate experience a lot of frustration on all sides.

Angie D.

Read the full review
Sometimes if you have intermittent internet connectivity issues, you cannot chat and it can become confusing for the candidate.

Ryan M.

Read the full review
Theres lag to get in, features drop away (i.e. wait and queue length, even video chat glitches out), there are security concerns where a user profile other than your own is shown.

When it works it's great

Brazen Review

Very easy to use and connect with students and job seekers. Platform had great resources for reviewing candidates as well as following up.

Pros

Easy to use software that was easy to learn and teach to colleagues. Worked best out of all other virtual platforms used.

Cons

There were no relevant cons for our team using this software.

Brazen is amazing!

Brazen allows us to build capacity in our recruitment function, increase our brand awareness and cut down on travel costs. The platform is customizable and allows us to create onboarding and retention focused events.

Pros

The customer success team helped us every step of the way from design, logistics and even marketing of our events. In addition the start-up time was quick and we didn't have much time.

Cons

Being a large organization with a small budget we could use more guest seats

I'm Not Sure What Happened

Pros

When Brazen used to work, I enjoyed how easy it was to connect/community with candidates. I loved the ability to get a snapshot of them and their interests. I enjoyed that they could upload a copy of their resume as well as other applicable supporting documents. Having the "snippets" feature was a huge gem - so helpful for being able to speed the conversations along.

Cons

Even before things went awry, I wasn't a fan of the fact users don't have the ability to get into the event early. This is especially challenging when doing a live event. Users need time to make sure everything is set up propertly *before* going live. Recently, using Brazen has been a nightmare. It can take up to 10 minutes to even get into the event, and usually only after refreshing multiple times....

Hi Angie. Thank you for leaving a review. We're sorry to hear that you've recently experienced some issues with our platform. As Brazen grows, we're working to ensure you don't experience those issues moving forward. We're always working to make our solution the best it can be. We know several people on your team are extremely happy with Brazen and how it simplifies their recruiting process. You can read more about AdventHealth's success using Brazen in this case study they partnered with us on: https://resources.brazen.com/adventhealth-case-study-lp

Improved Candidate Experience and Hiring Success Through Brazen

Brazen has provided outstanding customer service and support, including a monthly call with our account representative. Blogs and best practices are shared to not only help with the product, but also within the Talent Acquisition space in general. We added Brazen within our strategy to improve our overall candidate experience, and that is exactly what we experienced. The software allowed us to connect with candidates and begin career relationships in a way that we were not able to previously achieve.

Pros

Prior to the pandemic, Brazen provided us with the ability to connect with candidates in a way that was comfortable and convenient to them. We utilized the software for chat based virtual career fairs. Candidates were able to communicate in a format that was easy to use, from any location, without having to dress up or figure out travel. It is a great way to build relationships and talent pipelines. After the pandemic, the ability to have a this powerful virtual tool available made an immediate difference with continuing to support hiring success for our organization. Since first starting with Brazen, they have continued to innovate and add functionality including a chatbot and video capabilities.

Cons

The thing that I have liked least about this software is that the success of any event relies on the marketing. Our events have been more success when we have dedicated more time, resources, and effort into marketing.

Good before. A must have in the current landscape.

Overall, Brazen's virtual hiring event platform is an outstanding product. With geographically dispersed teams that are continually looking for ways to engage technical talent that have lots of choices in today's marketplace, Brazen's solution is easy to use, easy to promote, and allows for tapping into a candidate pool that has become increasingly selective and passive in many talent segments. Add in the challenges of engaging and hiring good talent in a pandemic, I would go as far to say that Brazen is an essential tool to augment what your hiring teams are doing to engage candidates when showing up in person to universities, conferences, and hiring events is more challenging or in many cases impossible currently. Try Brazen out, you won't be disappointed.

Pros

* Streamlined process * Ability to customize to suit the needs of several different disciplines * Organized consistent chat experience with prospective candidates. * Easy data tracking and conversion process with prospective candidates you want to have follow up conversations with

Cons

* It took a little bit of trial and error to get the right configuration/ balance between adequate time for chats vs. maximizing the amount of touches with prospective candidates across an event.

Brazen works!

Pros

Brazen helps me quickly and efficiently chat in real time with candidates, to ensure they meet the requirements for my positions. I like that I can quickly assess if a candidate seems like a good fit, then request their resume ASAP instead of having to go into my applicant tracking system to find them. I must say candidates often comment on what a cool tool Brazen is, so it makes my company look good as well!

Cons

I seem to get logged out after not being away from my desk for very long, but I do know it doesn't impact the chats -people get an "away from desk" message then I can get back to them shortly after.

Brazen Review

It has been great overall. Our account reps have been amazing. They are easy to reach and easy to work with. Brazen has helped our firm reach a variety of students, including diverse students (through WayUp sponsorship), which we have actually hired in the past. We are excited to see what these next events hold for us.

Pros

The simplicity of connecting with students along with the data to measure success of each event, is extremely helpful when reviewing the ROI of events when deciding on outreach strategies.

Cons

There is not necessarily anything I don't like about the software. Instead, there are a few updates / logistics that can be made. However, they are small updates that in turn can make a huge difference. Also, not necessarily about the software, but it would be great to have a step by step guide for employees to share with their teams and other employees to help them navigate.

Great Tool!

Overall Brazen is a great tool and we’ve been very happy with the results. We were customers before COVID so we were ahead of the curve but have been using it even more now.

Pros

It’s easy to use and has great features. I like that it drops candidates/leads in your lap versus you having to go out and find them. The live chat function is also a top feature.

Cons

We have run into technical issues with Brazen Live. I think it could use some improvements with how the live broadcasts are managed.

Very cool product!

It is a great product, and I'm glad it works well for our targeted groups.

Pros

I like the way it gives me an opportunity to connect 1-1 with a number of my alumni clients within during our presentation settings. It is a very efficient way to interact with a large number of people seeking my advice and assistance in their job searches.

Cons

Sometimes, the text chat can be a bit time-consuming, so I'm hoping a live audio chat might be available to get more information to my clients in the time allotted for each session.

Brazen is great

really great many benefits!

Pros

Easy to use, great way to reach out to other candidates

Cons

Took a minute to learn everything, other than that nothing

Brazen user

A recruiter in another school district recommended Brazen to our district. We begin working with a sales representative that offered excellent customer service. That service has continued and we have much success with using this platform for virtual recruiting.

Pros

The integration into our existing processes and ease of use are my favorite features of Brazen. The FAQ feature on our chat-bot really enhanced our recruitment processes.

Cons

Although using Brazen is relatively easy. Having an app would be a significant improvement for flexibility and convenience. The cost of the platform has increased significantly for our organization and potentially we will not be able to continue using it.

Advancing the value

Brazen has allowed our recruiting team to connect with many different applicants from all over the U.S. It would be nice to visit each location, but the aspect of time and resources hinders that. Brazen has offered us and the applicants to interact on a no strings attached platform. The applicant or recruiter hasn't lost hours of time for a meeting that didn't pan out. It is the ultimate speed dating for employers. However, it will only work if an employer knows what they are looking for.

Pros

I like the easy of use for the chat feature when we hold events. I also really like the chat on demand where prospective applicants can message a recruiter at any time.

Cons

I would like the time to be extended a bit more on chats. I think the time should be open ended and give the recruiter the ability to end the chat when needed, not by the clock

When it works it's great

The tool does what we need, but our reps is overly sales like and over-promises.

Pros

Multiple booths, video chat and presentation options, and branding capabilities.

Cons

Support is VERY poor. Common response is a macro. Booth/candidate line counts are not functioning as designed. Booth scheduling is needed to set interview.

Lots of Growth Opportunity

This was the school's choice of virtual platform and although I didn't have a problem creating the booths, adding reps. etc., we changed all of our Information Sessions (i.e. Video Broadcasts), to the Zoom platform.

Pros

• Several of us were unable to conduct 1-on-1 chats even with text only. I also had issues where it would kick me out of the chat room altogether or it would stop showing me what others typed. I had students say they saw I sent them a 1-on-1 invite, but clicking on it do no good. I called their helpdesk in the afternoon (my colleague could not get ahold of them) and they had a developer call me back....

Cons

• The CarrerEco system “participants list” is always in alpha order by name. It was almost impossible to tell what order students entered the room or how long they had been waiting to talk to someone. You can scroll back in the main window – but that is hard to do when you have a ton of students visiting like we did. You really almost need one person to monitor the main room and keep a list. • Video chat is more personable (a few on our team got that to work), but when doing text only chat one rep can have multiple conversations going on.

Makes it easy for the recruiter!

We've had several events through the Brazen software and each one went better than I would have expected (because lets be honest - technology is not always seamless)

Pros

The system looks nice, loads quickly, and is user friendly

Cons

I wish there was a way to see the queue while in a current chat.

2020 the Year of Learning the Virtual World

Overall, the experience with Brazen was a positive experience where we were able to find quality candidates from the comfort of our homes or offices. We were able to hire several quality staff members from around the country to come work at our school site.

Pros

When the pandemic hit and we were in need to recruiting and hiring new teachers to fill vacant positions within our school, we were at a loss at how to do this while keeping protentional candidates safe. Our district introduced us to this product to assist with finding quality candidates. The feature I liked most was being able to look at the resume of the candidate and being able to refer back to the conversation in the chat.

Cons

Something that I would like to see is a mutual rating. I know as an employer we can "flag" or rate candidate, but it would be nice to see if the candidate had a continued interest in seeking employment at our school site. The interview is for both parties.

Great for communicating directly with candidates

Pros

I enjoy the ease of communicating directly with candidates. Whether it is through a scheduled chat session or the immediate chats that are available on our web page, we are able to answer questions and source candidates quickly.

Cons

I wish the chats wouldn't auto-close after a day or so. There are occasionally delays when we are not able to respond immediately, but by the time we log-on, the chat is ended.

Simplify your hiring process

We use Brazen to hire teachers from around the country. The interface made it easy to communicate, the applicant's resume was ease to reach, and being able to copy the first few initial questions to each applicant shortened my work load tremendously.

Pros

Brazen provided an easy to use platform for both the applicant and the employer. As an employer it was easy to review the resume and key elements to meet the needs of the specific job. Being able to connect to candidates around the country opened the hiring possibilities. The ability to communicate with more than one applicant at a time was also beneficial.

Cons

I had no issues or concerns with the Brazen system.

Clean and Consistent Functionality

When COVID-19 forced us all into a remote working environment, we scrambled to find functional alternatives for recruiting for a large company. Brazen helped us do just that by providing a simple user interface for professionals and students to interact using familiar technology (e.g. chat rooms). This was a huge help to our recruiting program, and Brazen was a great solution to help us solve the problem at hand.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of functionality within the software. I was able to seamlessly move within the application to the various menus and modules that I required access to in order to complete my task at hand. Specifically, during a virtual networking event, I remember being impressed with the layout of the chat room as it allowed me to easily view the student's resume as well as the chat in a simple format. Additionally, I appreciated the ease of setting up and attending events within the software.

Cons

I only have one small con to note about this software. At times, the chats would lag or get out of order during the virtual network event. However, this type of situation is extremely common with chat functionality within applications so this was a small con.

Helps us Recruit

So far it has been good. I just started working at my department on July 1st of 2020z

Pros

I like that we can help applicants immediately when applying for a position.

Cons

The contract was incredibly expensive for its capabilities.

My Review

High customer satisfaction as a result of the forward thinking design.

Pros

Usability interface with support. Customer service and they are going through this.

Cons

Training lag time was difficult for me during the week.

Product Review

We have been able to connect with a very large number of candidates for job openings, internal employee engagements and information sessions. It gives companies the opportunity to Recruit virtually without spending thousands of dollars on an in-person event. Overall I have been very pleased with the product.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a landing page and highlight the opportunities our company has available. It's a new way of connecting potential candidates with Recruiters.

Cons

I would like for the tool to allow you to pass candidates over to another representative during the chat session.

Raytheon Technologies- RMD East University Programs Usage

I am a recruiter and occupy both booths, presentations, support for candidates and the planning and logistics of scheduling the brazen events about every other 2 to 3 weeks for our teams.

Pros

This is a very user friendly software. Fitting our needs very well with openhouse screening for college applicants and booth utilization for our various engineering depts. to screen said candidates.

Cons

There are sometimes glitches with video/audio chat. But this seems to be a resource hungry bandwidth issue. With strong signal from both sides the video/audio do well.

Great Tool!

Pros

Brazen has some really great tools and features that we use on a weekly basis to help us connect with candidates. the platform is definitely user friendly

Cons

I wish some of the features that come out aren't always extra especially if we are in the middle of the contract and didn't know these things were coming out otherwise we would of added money to it.

Virtual Open Houses

Pros

I liked how we could have multiple teams working at the same time, catering to the different questions of our students. I also liked that Admins are able to be logged into different sections at the same time or answer questions to multiple students at the same time.

Cons

We used to have difficulties with being able to be in "the lobby" and replying to students at the same time.