BrightHR Reviews

4.6/5 (48 reviews)

Aaron O'Gorman

Great System

Reviewed 2019-02-01

It has helped streamline or holiday system as it has often been troublesome trying to organise them around each other when you've to keep a minimum number of staff

Pros
It keeps all of the information in an easy to use space and helps reduce the amount of paper needed for records. The leave request system is great and being able to notify staff when you've uploaded documents removes the hassle of ensuring everyone receives the information.

Cons
The rota system is a little clunky. It would be great if you could copy a previous published rota or have some way to save the shift times so as you don't have to enter the start and finish time for each staff member on every day. You should also be able to change staff between fixed and variable shifts.

Stuart Snow

Modern, user-friendly HR management software

Reviewed 2019-11-10

As an employee using BrightHR, it has been a positive experience. I can't speak to the admin features, but my manager appears to be able to do everything he needs to without escalating further, and the user-side is well-designed and lays out key information simply. Everything works that way you think it should and it stores a range of useful data.

Pros
Clean, mostly well-laid out web interface makes most operations simple. A range of useful information including holiday allocation/remaining, details of your time at the company, a calendar of holidays and absences in your team. All functions can also be carried out using the mobile app which works without problems.

Cons
No major complaints. As a user I have been able to find all information and features that I have needed to manage my HR account (mostly annual leave-related).

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Rachel Harper

Induction call

Reviewed 2019-08-12

Friendly, efficient service. Ideal for start up companies

Pros
Ease of booking online User friendly Not too much information to overload and navigating is really easy Training Manager is really helpful and patient

Cons
Would like to merge the payroll with our current supplier so all in once domain

Joanne Lynch

Move from HR Online

Reviewed 2019-07-04

We have requested to cancel our contract and go back to HR online which we felt was a much better platform for our needs.

Pros
Nothing. There is nothig that me or any of my 75 employees like about this app

Cons
Everything - there is much less functionalitiy than we had with HR Online and this is supposed to be an 'upgrade' • User interface is complicated and too many clicks needed. • TOIL must be logged by Managers and not employees. • Approval notifications can only be ‘all’ or ‘no one’. • The notes section is not as detailed & does not retain historical information. • The Managers cant see the notes. • The salary section does not retain historical information. • The roster is time-consuming and cumbersome. • The reports are not as concise as they were and we have less options. • Leave requests do not seem to take account of the weekends or public holidays as they did on HR Online. • The app is not downloadable on ALL android phones.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Anonymous

Excellent product and customer service

Reviewed 2019-03-09

No requirement for physical calendar which is prone to errors, staff can access planner anytime and anywhere, approvals for annual leave are straight forward and managed more effectively

Pros
Very easy to use, straight forward setup, very quick to answer queries, customer support has been excellent so far - definitely the way forward to outsource HR for small businesses!

Cons
Some areas needed a bit more explanation and guidance on how best to use

Gemma Berry

Very Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-06-11

Very smooth. From start to finish it was very easy to use, with great assistance!

Pros
It is very easy to use, I was able to set it up with ease. Any questions that I had and was unable to find answers to my account manager was very helpful and had answers for all my queries.

Cons
There are a few things which would be great to be included, for example blocking certain periods of holiday out (ie our peak trading times).

Richard Battle

Bright HR

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Bright HR has brought a whole new professional image to our company and as we have grown this is exactly what we needed.

Pros
So easy for my members of staff to book their holidays and see all of their HR files in one place.

Cons
no real cons as is 100 times better then our previous system.

Anne Bentley

Time Saving

Reviewed 2019-03-08

Easy to use. I can add/change information whenever required. It is so easy to access I can supply anyone with the information the need almost immediately.

Pros
All of the information is in one place and it is easy to access.

Cons
Nothing it is excellent software and I would highly recommend it.

Jen Brumwell

BrightHR review

Reviewed 2019-03-19

Very knowledgable team at Peninsula, system is easy once I got used to it.

Pros
Everything is in one place, a good reference library, and gives us confidence that we are compliant with current legislation and receive information regarding any changes.

Cons
There has been a huge amount of work to complete initially but when completed will ensure compliance. Loads of information, lots of consultation with our team which has been time consuming in an already busy environment, but as I complete each section I can clearly see the reason for each policy and the benefits of having them in place.

Karen Bird

FT review of Bright HR

Reviewed 2019-07-23

We currently use excel spreadsheets to record everything. Just messy. This will improve systems and save time.

Pros
Ease of use, everything in one place. Backed up to the cloud.

Cons
I have not found any cons. we are very happy with the software

Victoria Davis

Great support

Reviewed 2018-08-15

Pros
It's HR all in one place - great for employees, rota and payrol

Cons
If you don't wish to subscribe any longer your a bit lost with all your data.

Stuart Newall

Email Support can be slow/poor

Reviewed 2019-03-15

I've asked twice for help with Bank Holiday and leave carry over concerns and response was slow in the first case and no reply to date for the second ? Software is easy to learn as both an administrator and user, support issues leave room for improvement.

Pros
Ease of booking holidays and other absences.

Cons
Will not automatically add in Bank Holidays or carry over unused leave to next year.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

David Thorneycroft

New Customer

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Pros
The software is very simple to set up & use whilst still offering great in depth time & attendance & HR options.

Cons
I would like to see more cross over features where lateness/sickness etc can be identified on a rota & be recognised by the HR system with one feeding into the other. I'm informed this is all in hand & will be an update.

Debbie Davies

The new system is fine, but is lacking some functionality

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-08-30

Pros
It looks good, our staff have had a look at it and find it more user friendly. The support I've received so far has been very quick and proactive.

Cons
The calendar view is not helpful - the old version in HROnline let you easily see at a glance who was away at the same time, Bright HR doesn't do this, I have to click on each individual date to see who is away, which is time consuming and I'm going to have to keep the information in a separate calendar. There is some functionality missing, the lieu bank, meaning that as a business we can't actually start using the system yet. I also can't see anywhere to carry holiday across from one year to the next, which is something we allow, so I would like to see/know if this is possible.

This makes HR a breeze!

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Pros
Asking for time off and coordinating the team's holiday schedules has never been easier. I like how simple it makes it for me to ask for time off and to choose which dates will be my holiday time off.

Cons
I don't like how sometimes there are a couple of minor glitches in the calendar when trying to go back a page.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Dan Attwal

Welcome call

Reviewed 2019-01-30

Pros
Customer support was very friendly and talked me through everything I needed to know. Use of the site is really easy and accessible which is what I need for my teams.

Cons
Too early to tell so far, but I really cannot see any cons to the software. It’s quick and simple and allows me to focus on what I need to do.

Dan Grayson MCIPR

Great piece of kit

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Pros
Easy to use which allows us to focus on other aspects of work and allows employees to book holidays via the app which they find really useful.

Cons
Some say its limited in its features, but I find it suits my needs and we're kept up to date from the sales/service team at bright of the up and coming features.

Anonymous

Keeps all your HR info in one place

Reviewed 2018-12-29

Pros
I love the request holidays function, that you can store files such as employment contracts on Bright HR and that you can view the calendar for your whole company/department - all this is one place!

Cons
This nothing I don't like about this software!

Rachel Odell

Really easy to use system

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Pros
Everything is so intuitive and easy to navigate around. I love the idea of moving to a paperless system for my employees. Customer support is excellent - very helpful and approachable.

Cons
I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Jeanette Warner

BrightHR Review

Reviewed 2019-03-19

So far so good, not had any issues to overcome, everything has been A ok

Pros
Very easy to navigate, and personalize. Support center are also very helpful. Thumbs up all the way

Cons
Nothing so far, everything has been fine

Geraldine Fitzpatrick

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Community Addiction Team

Reviewed 2019-02-04

My experience so far has Been positive. The setting up was very straight forward

Pros
So user friendly ease in navigating through the system.

Cons
Nothing so far the support i received in setting it up was excellent

Marion Crowley

Regale

Reviewed 2019-02-08

Have just signed-up this week so too early to fully review but looks very good so far

Pros
Looks easy to use. Appears good value for money.

Cons
Nothing so far. We are a new customer.

Chris Lee

It is fine but limited

Reviewed 2017-08-30

Pros
It is cloud based and has a mobile app

Cons
Your receipts don't have your VAT number on - how hard can it be? I want to be able to export all data so that I can see what fields are missing for which employees

Dominic Walsh

Initial review

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Good

Pros
The ease of use once I had been taught how to use it

Cons
Nothing so far that I can see. It will take a while to get used to it

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

STANLEY AWOH

BRIGHT HR

Reviewed 2019-06-13

SIMPLIFIES OUR HR SYSTEM.

Pros
EASY TO USE, AND VERY EFFECTIVE TO OUR ORGANISATION.

Cons
CAN'T UPLOAD SHIFTS ON IT FOR STAFF TO BOOK.