BrightMove Logo

BrightMove

Applicant tracking system for the staffing industry

BrightMove Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.41/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The aspect i enjoy most about the software is the ease of use - very user friendly and easy to navigate.
It's user friendly, easy to understand & use. I love the note feature because it helps me remember to write everything out and notate everything easily.
Staff is easy to work with and responsive in addition to providing solutions and not just answers. Strongly recommend this product to anyone in talent acquisition, recruiting or hiring.
The Notes tab does not have a time snap- so for a new recruiter knowing to bounce between the two can be confusing and irritating. Notes and activities are essentially the same.
I do not have any problems with this software. Sometimes key words are difficult to use in order to search different resumes.
The only real complaint is that sometimes it glitches. Sometimes when I search a candidate it will not come up when I know for a fact they are in the systems.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to navigate, source candidates, great feed to recruiting sites with no additional fees.

See review submitted

Pros

The feature I like the most is the feed to additional sites with no additional charges. Brightmove posts positions to Indeed, Simply Hired, Glassdoor and Zip Recruiter. Very easy to look for candidates if someone calls, provides space to write screen notes, can source candidates within data base with key words. Also, I like to export reports into excel from this application.

Cons

Not really sure if there is a feature that I do not like. The customer support has been very good as well. Not any negatives from my point of view.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate all of the positive comments.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Best customer service of any SaaS platform I've used for business, most robust ATS for the money.

There are a few fields that can't be customized. The comments field is required which means you have to type a character in to save your activity. Only one sales person can be assigned to a job which is difficult when you have 2+ people working on an opportunity.

Pros

Brightmove is intuitive enough that it allows new employees to get up to speed quickly without hours of training and is customizable so that we can use it in a way that meets our needs.

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. There is now a company preference to make the comments field optional.

SB

Sal B.

Staffing and Recruiting,

Patient and Satisfied User

Pros

I like the way you are constantly providing updates. I especially like the upgrades in your email functions. I had a problem with sending emails and not knowing if they were working or not. I never received bad email notices and now I am beginning to get them. I also like the update on being able to insert different field on letter that go out to candidates or clients.

Cons

I do not like that I am not able to change the profile screen on candidates. There are fields on the screen that I have no use for i.e. vendor, desired pay. I would like to have more flexibility or add another field.

SL

Stefan L.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Good stuff. Great support. Kind and responsive and patient. Regular enhancements. Fast.

reach a lot of people .

Pros

Mass mail allows me to reach out to a lot of people. Search engine is quick. When I call with a problem they respond and help me. Learning tools are available.

Cons

it is better than my IT skills . I get frustrated wishing I could know more do more . I wish I could email my entire data base not just 500 at a time. that would be very nice.

Thank you for the feedback. We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our product. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

AC

Alvina C.

Overall good experience, but would of like the via chat back!

Pros

Searching for certain items are pretty easy. I could easily search an applicant through their name of the position they have applied for before.

Cons

When I needed help with something, we had a Chat option to chat with a team member. Although it is still possible now, it is not as easy. It wants me to sign up for another software and I don't need anymore of that. Also, combining duplicate applicant could be better. Such as if someone had a name change.

11-50 employees

I've used a few recruiting tools, and Brightmove just keeps getting better.

easy to track info and fill more jobs, there are some features tat I don't need, but they don't get in the way.

Pros

the customer service is excellent and very responsive. even though I don't need it very frequently, they are great to work with

Cons

I can't really think of anything. it is really easy to get new candidates in, update, find and contact. I enjoy it.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad that you find our product enhancements to be beneficial.

GJ

Gabriela J.

This is a really user friendly tool, it has or you may add what you need for your company

Pros

It is really useful that you can easily access what you recently saw, either recent positions, managers, candidates. The option to parse the resumes is also a great pro for BrightMove, if you have to manually add a candidate, the system would do it for you by just attaching it. Also you can modify your Dashboard to show only what you really need and want to see, for example your open jobs, so you won't miss any.

Cons

Something I could say can be better about BrightMove, is the Power Search tool, I have to say this one works, I just think it can be refined a little bit. The filters could be better, they could be more specific so the search would be more accurate and would show only the information requested to the system.

CJ

Christopher J.

I come from PeopleSoft and BrightMove is by far easier to use.

Pros

Simple and easy to use and they are constantly tweeking the software for a better overall experience.

Cons

Search results can be frustrating at times. Searching by internal ID on "all site" or "everything-internal ID" doesn't always give me results I need. At those times I have to search by "client" and find the job attached to the internal ID that way.

Thank you very much for the review, Christopher! Please utilize support for any issues you are having with searching. BrightMove's searching is pretty robust, but it can also be a little tricky setting up good searches. Thanks again! BrightMove Team

SD

Sarah D.

Okay product, crappy customer service

Pros - Easy to use, more additional functions (although most don't work very well) and cheaper than other options Cons - If you are operating in Canada many features are not yet functional; its annoying to use their LinkedIn integration, the resume formatting is so bad we often have to ask candidates to resubmit resumes directly to our e-mail; some issues with the interface/workflow; customization...

Cons

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and concerns. While we certainly regret not being able to resolve the integration issue with Monster in a more timely manner, I assure you that we were working diligently behind the scenes to correct the problem. Unfortunately, we are sometimes constrained in integration situations, based on the flexibility, and responsiveness of the companies we integrate with. On a positive note, we were able to resolve the integration issue. We have additionally worked to improve on support communication during the resolution process. Thank you again for your comments.

51-200 employees

Very easy to use with excellent customer support!

Easy to use and great customer service

Pros

Easy to use, quick to launch, receptive to ideas and suggestions, great customer service, great value

Cons

There are search capabilities that I would like to see enhanced. It would be great to search jobs and candidates in conjunction.

LS

LAUREN S.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Brightmove is efficient and user friendly.

efficiency, accuracy, and transparency

Pros

The transparency and efficiency BM provides. I am able to accurately do my job thanks to this system.

Cons

I feel it could be upgraded in terms of alerts, new candidates dashboard is not always accurate. I believe BM could be even better!

Thank you, Lauren! I'm sharing your recommendations with the team. Also, if you haven't tried it yet, you can suggest and vote on features through the application under the help menu. The suggestions that receive the most votes go into development. Thanks again!

ba

belma a.

Great software- easy to use and

Pros

What I like most about the software is being able to figure out new tools and functions so easily. The system is very user friendly and the support staff is always available to help out when needed!

Cons

What I like least about Brightmove is that at times it can be slow. There seems to be system errors randomly and sometimes it doesn't seem compatible with Google Chrome.

Belma, Thank you very much for taking the time to review BrightMove. I'm sharing your comments with our team. We closely monitor system stability and speed, and while we maintain a very fast response time we are always working to get even better. Thank you again! The BrightMove Team

ST

Sam T.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

Lots of customization available. Makes for easy reporting and tracking.

Pros

Able to customize my reporting function. I really like the ability to pull data from a bunch of different angles.

Cons

There's so many choices, it takes a little bit to get used to. I guess its not really a problem, it just takes time to adjust to all of the customizable options. Some ATS lock you in to certain workflows. This ATS will allow you to make it yours. No true complaints about the functionality of Brightmove.

CA

Chris A.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

BrightMove Makes it Easy!

Very easy to use.. My company migrated from a more expensive ATS and have not looked back

Pros

I like that BrightMove is very affordable for small business to take advantage of, yet does not skimp on the strong performance of Applicant Tracking Systems costing twice as much.

Cons

The only negative I can think of is that the software is so customizable that at times you can get lost in the options and integrations. It's a small price to pay for the added functionality, but can be frustrating when trying to fix your issue.

CO

Cody O.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

All you can ask for in an Applicant Tracking System.

Manages everything I do throughout my day. Outlook paired with Brightmove is all you need to recruit.

Pros

Intuitive and well organized. No matter what you need to do in Brightmove, the answer is either obvious or just a live chat away.

Cons

The reporting leaves a little to be desired. Other ATS systems I have used allow you many more options.

JC

J. C.

Very intuitive. When I've had an issue, the live chat provides quick resolution.

Pros

Great value for functionality. Easy to use, integrated well with our careers site and the customer support is amazing.

Cons

Custom report function can take time and will cost a little. Most of the reports are available but if custom report needed, will incur time and cost.

SH

Savannah H.

Brightmove Review

Pros

It makes doing our job and finding the right candidates for the job much easier! Brightmove puts all of our information in one place- my favorite feature is the parse resume- it is so easy! The functionality of this site is great.

CC

Christina C.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Great software!

Pros

Ease of use, nice to be able to use more than one login on the account for multi person use in a business, very organized.

Cons

Sometimes things are difficult to find- ways to edit certain parts of the site need to be a bit easier.

DM

Drew M.

Brightmove Review

Pros

Ease of use. I have worked with other CRM tools and this by far is the easiest to use and never crashes.

Cons

If there was a way to automatically combine duplicate profiles, I would say this CRM would be flawless.

LY

Lena Y.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

User friendly and easy to navigate

Pros

I enjoy systems that are user friendly especially in the everyday hustle and bustle, sometimes you do not have time to sit and figure out long processes.

Cons

Really there are not any cons however if I had to think of one..... With any system there are always scheduled maintenance (when the sites are down), usually they come in the most inconvenience time.

SB

Shannon B.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees

Brightmove

I use this software daily for both client and candidate information management. Very easy to navigate and they are often adding new features. Have used for a few years, and I would recommend.

SH

Sheena H.

Staffing and Recruiting,

Brightmove Customer Review

Pros

Their customer service through live chat is very helpful and they are very prompt in responding fast to any and all questions.

Cons

They sometimes change features without notification which is when I have ask customer service to clarify.

I use BrightMove for the entire recruiting cycle.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to navigate through the various features makes the screening process more efficient.

AB

Ava B.

BM is easy to use, when the system is down it is only down for little bit

Pros

search engine is really easy to use searching by last name or number is very easy I wish each requisition was set up easily and each step

Cons

bugs and crashes that happen too often but fix easily I do not like notifcations - they were turned off later

DT

Debbie T.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

we were gone and it was not a good experience

increase in traffic to our web site and easy for recruiters

Pros

it is easy and helps drive Temps to our Web Site, we had 20 hits per week since we have been gone we have went down.

Cons

Search feature - when trying to pin point a nurse from the other nurses by specialty, discipline, and licensed state.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so glad you came back to us, we appreciate having you as a customer!