Buddy Punch Reviews - Page 2

Great Product

Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

Pros

Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

Cons

No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

Best system for business owners.

I like the ease of having the app on my phone considering I don't always go directly into the office first before I start working.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is the geographical location requirement. Every time you punch in/out it shows your employer your location. Making time clock fraud one less worry as a business owner and the employee more responsible about time maintenance because you cannot get paid if you are not physically at work.

Cons

Because of the added security of the geographical location, I do not like that it prompts me to also take my picture as I clock in/out. I don't feel comfortable with a third party technology company not only knowing my location but also what I look like and am wearing at that moment. For employers, understood, we know each other personally and professionally. But there are hackers in the world so my face and location shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks for the review Brittany, it is great to hear you're finding us easy to use. It sounds like you're using our GPS and webcam image options. The webcam image feature is enabled/disabled by the administrator of the account, so it is an optional feature. The administrator can make it required on a per employee basis. Thanks again for the review!

Buddy Punch Review

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Pros

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Cons

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Payroll Time Savior

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up...

Pros

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Cons

None

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Great time collection option

Pros

I was looking for a time collection option for our temporary employee staff. We have anywhere from 15 to 30 temporary employees on staff from different agencies on a weekly basis. It was a chore to have paper time tickets from multiple agencies and making sure the hours were approved by the supervisor was difficult as well. Buddy punch allows all Temp employees to punch in on one clock and it takes their picture so I can verify it was them. We have an IPad set up for this purpose only. At the end of the week I can easily run a report by staffing agency and send the reports to them so the temporary employee can be paid.

Cons

In the beginning we had issues with the IPad not not running the app correctly. I am not sure if the issues were on our end or if they were with Buddy Punch but we had to reload the program once a week it seems for the first couple of months. I am happy to say things are working much smoother now and I rarely need to reboot the IPad.

Thank you for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding our reporting options easy to use and that you're taking advantage of our webcam feature, which you can setup to require a photo of an employee on punches. Also good to hear that any issues with your iPad have been resolved. Thanks again!

Happy customer

Many of our employees work on the road going to many customers in a day, some of this involves hours of driving, this software allows ease of tracking travel time vs time with and at the customer to do our testing. Whenever we have had ideas for improvements or changes in the software the folks here at Buddy Punch listen and address, we've even had suggest that seemed like maybe that palm to the forehead moment for them and within 24 hours the wish we had is a reality! That is a software writer that listens and responds very refreshing!

Pros

Our employees have little trouble using this method for time tracking and have given us limited to no complaints.

Cons

I can't really say there is a "least" like about this software, which I guess is the best you can hope for as a software.

Thank you James for the review and your continued business. We take feedback seriously with our customers with our goal to make Buddy Punch valuable to your business while easy to use. I'm glad we were able to turn your feedback into a feature! Thanks again.

Buddy Punch for remote teams

Buddy Punch has been very easy to use and adds new features regularly. We recently added 3 members to our team and it took less than 5 minutes to have them up and using Buddy Punch.

Pros

Buddy Punch saves us time and it is easy for our remote Team to use

Cons

Not sure we have a con to the software at this time

Thank you Jimmy for the review, it is great to hear that we're saving you time!

So easy to use!

Overall its a great app!!! I was able to easily navigate the app and desktop app. The guys were able to easily use it! It was much more efficient than the handwritten time sheets we have been using.

Pros

This was so user friendly and easy to navigate. It is very affordable and breaks the individuals hours down to a report that I could merge with our payroll provider. Also you can put in the job address so the employee has to be on-site to clock-in or out.

Cons

With our techs, they travel from job to job, sometime 6 places in a day. On this app once you clock-out, there is a delay before you can clock back in, making it difficult to track for our guys that do multiple jobs back to back without losing time. Only other thing is I wish it had gps for the entire day. It does show where they clock-in/clock-out at though....... I know that would require more equipment and fees also though

Thanks for the review Holly. I did want to let you know that we've added a "switch" into our apps and website that allows employees to switch between jobs without a delay. Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that we're easy to use and navigate!

Easy Enough

I like the location aspect, reporting could be improved, but overall, it functions and I like being able to see where employees are when they punch in/out.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that it allows my employees to allocate their time to different locations which improves Job Costing Accuracy. I would like it if it were easier to log more than one location for the day without having to actually clock out.

Cons

I dislike that we continually have issues with people not being able to clock out. They try, but it doesn't work. I've looked over the settings and everything. Also, it would be great if I could print all of the individuals reports without going in and selecting, then deselecting, and selecting a new employee. Basically, I would like to print each employees time card on it's own page at the click of a button.

Thanks for the review Ashley, it is great to hear that we're easy to use. Also thanks for the feedback, we do have a report that should meet your needs, it is called our Employee Detail Report, and it lists each employee on a new page. Also we're happy to help troubleshoot any issues your employees are having with punching out. I am going to reach out to you in a separate email and in app message, we'll get to the bottom of it. Thank you again.

Well Done Time Tracking Software

This software has accomplished what we were hoping for - punching in and out when on site. We are a custom fab shop, so we use a lot of job codes and the software is easy to use for purpose. We eliminated paper tallies which over the course of a years time has saved us payroll in regards to employee rounding time on time sheets. I am able to access all the information even when I am on the road, so I am always in the loop on attendance and who is working on what projects.

Pros

Easy to train employees Easy to set-up and implement Straight forward user interface Geofence ability (user must punch in specified areas)

Cons

Would like customizable report options I sometimes forget when setting up a new user to add them to the Geofence. Our company has only one location so an automatic add would be nice.

Thank you Jim for the review, it's great to hear that you're utilizing our Geofencing feature and that you're finding us easy to use. We appreciate the feedback and your business!

I use Buddy Punch for my small office with 5-10 employees. The value and functionality are great!

Pros

I can customize its features in a way that work for my situation! My employees can clock in and out from the free app on their phones, and I can limit that ability by ip address and location of timecard punch. I also like that it is so easy to review original punched, and to accept or decline requested modifications if employees have erred or forgotten to clock in or out.

Cons

I wish I had and used cameras for Punch in and Punch out. I don't know how possible this is, or if it's a feature already available, but I wish it would send a notification alert to my employees every time it connects to or loses my workplace wifi.... Or better yet, if it could report the wifi /IP address find and loss times, directly to me -the employer - this way I could approximate, objectively, how accurate my employees are at clock in and clock out.

Thank you Solomon for the review! I'm glad that you and your employees are using our mobile apps and our IP Lock feature. We offer the full punch history if any changes are requested, as you pointed out. Also thank you for the feature suggestion, we do not have a way to notify users when they lose wifi but I will add this to our request list. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

Buddy Punch Review

Pros

Ease of use and online accessibility. Easily to use reports.

Cons

Time Card Approval is a little redundant and repetitive.

Thank you Christina for your review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. Our time card approval feature is an optional one, it can be turned off it not needed. Thanks again!

They thought of everything!

Employee location at time of shift start.

Pros

Very inclusive of everything admin needs to address different scenarios "in the field". Mutiple customer reps were available via "Chat" to help with set up and answer questions. Rep was very knowledgeable and helped me with every single question and scenario I had trouble with. Now I am familiar with the site and can easily use all its functions. Using Buddy Punch has been fabulous thus far.

Cons

At first, I didnt like that there was not any phone support for customer service. But as it turns out, the questions were answered fine "in the chat". It just took a little longer than it would have on the phone.

Thank you for the review Jeana, it is great to hear that we've been fabulous so far! We appreciate your business.

AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!

Buddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize. As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency. A typical timeclock...

Cons

Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!

Super Convenient

Overall buddy punch is the best time clock system we have had. Very easy to use and has everything you need.

Pros

I love that when you sign in from the computer you see your time on the right and the option to clock in/ out on the left. Basically everything you need right away. I don't have admin access but I know they are able to easily fix your time if you miss a punch along with other features to keep it simple.

Cons

I don't like that everything is clock in/out. In the past we have had it where it summarizes the day and you can tell how many total hours for that day. and at any time that you log in you can see what the total time is for when you last clocked in/out. i.e when we clock out for lunch we like to check and see how much time we have until getting back to work. or when we arrive late I like to know how much more time I need to make the 8 hours for the day.

Thanks Kenia for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us convenient, easy to use, and everything is right where you need it. Thanks for the feedback as well, you can currently see shift and daily totals right from the Time Card, but we'll look to add in current shift totals as well. Thanks again.

L. Bruce

My employees love this system since they do not have to come to the building to login. We are a Police Department and sometimes they need to respond to a call and cannot come in to clock in until later. On the previous system we used the Officer would have to fill out paperwork explaining why they did not clock in. Now they can clock in when they get to the call location or if they forget they can punch in later and adjust the time and write a short reason why they had to adjust the time. This helps decrease paperwork and helps the employee.

Pros

I like Buddy Punch because it is web based and the app is also a plus. Easy to access and a great way to keep up with time and PTO.

Cons

My least favorite part is that it is sometimes hard to navigate if you are in a hurry. You have to go back to screens once you enter information. If you have to enter information on an employee several times you have to either hit the back arrow or search for their information again to proceed with the entry.

Thank you Lindsey for the review, it's great to hear that your employees are loving Buddy Punch! Also thanks for the feedback, I'll message you to see what area you are referring to as you shouldn't have to hit back or search for an employee again after entering information. Thanks again!

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Pros

Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous. Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Cons

Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

Buddy Punch is a great replacement for our old system!

Pros

Right off the bat I was impressed that Buddy Punch offered a 30 day trial, whereas most other systems offered only one or two week trials. Before our 30 days was even up we knew this is the program we were going to use. Buddy Punch was easy to use for all of our employees and I am able to access it from my home rather than having to remember when I went into the office to make adjustments to time...

Cons

I have the mobile app downloaded onto my phone but it is extremely limited. In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have talked that up so much to my management team, because it turned out to not offer many options or capability.

Thank you for the review Sarah! It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of our PTO approval feature, reporting, and geo-fencing features. With the smartphone app you're able to approve PTO, view and edit time cards, and view who's currently punched in. We don't have a reports option on the smartphone apps today, but I'll reach out to you to see what features you might be interested in so we can add them to the list for future development. Thanks again.

Great Time Clock System

Buddy Punch is a great product that has allowed us to better track our technicians hours. They are on the road 3-4 days a week and Buddy Punch helps us know where they are when they punch in/out and whether they are staying on schedule. It's a great product at a great value!

Pros

The software is a good value, easy to use, and the support team is very receptive to suggested changes or add-ons. We've seen several suggestions become a reality which is uncommon when dealing with other software companies.

Cons

The app isn't the best, but we do ask for it to do a lot. From GPS tracking to facial recognition; there are good features, but with phone updates, the app has a tendency to lock up.

Thanks Jake fore the review, I'm happy to hear that you're finding us easy to use as well as a good value. We build features based on feedback from our users, it is great to hear that you're enjoying some of our recent updates! Also thanks for the feedback on the mobile app, it supports geofences, gps coordinates, facial recognition and QR codes. Thanks again.

Simple and Easy to Use Time Tracking Product!

I handle HR for a small start-up tech company, and we were looking for a simple, easy-to-use time tracking software solution that was also cost-effective for our size. We found Buddy Punch, and it seemed to offer everything we needed, and it was reasonably priced. We signed up for the trial period, and our employees were impressed immediately. They were able to start recording their time immediately...

Pros

Easy to use for admins and employees Concise reports Archiving of data is permanent while a paying customer (never lose past timecards) Reasonably priced

Cons

Wish there were better customization options for hour categories (i.e. floating holidays, Jury Duty, etc.) App for I phone needs improvement (can only view who is punched in currently)

Thank you for the review Cindy, we appreciate it! You are correct, we place ease of use and customer support at the top of our priority list. We are always looking to improve so thank you for the suggestions, we are working on updating our smartphone apps and will have the updates ready soon. Thanks again for your business!

Buddy Punch Review

Employees can punch in where ever they are assigned. We can use a geofence if employee not punching in at the yard. Can see where they are when they punch in. Has prevented "stealing time". Perfect for our weekly payroll information. Employees clock in early am and late pm and can leave notes when no one in the office.

Pros

So easy to use. Easy for me as Administrator and employees have no problems, can leave notes and check their own time each week.

Cons

MINOR - as more information was added to Employee Detail report, sometimes a second sheet prints with a few words. The second sheet is wasted.

Thank you Glenda for the review! It is great to hear you are finding us easy to use and that our geofencing feature is helpful. We appreciate your business.

Great time keeping system

Pros

The system is easy to use and our employees can operate it on their cell phones so we have more accurate time keeping as they travel to several properties and do many different types of projects in a day. The system allowed us to be able to add all the properties along with all project tasks so they simply have to just punch the buttons as opposed to having to type it all in themselves. Also the notes section makes it easy to add any information they might have on that project.

Cons

I was very pleased with how easy it was to set up and how responsive their tech support was when I had any questions.

Thank you Monica for the review and kind words, it is great to hear that you're making use of our mobile apps and that you're happy with our support. We appreciate your business!

Perfect Timeclock Solution!

I've enjoyed using Buddy Punch! I've had to deal with several other timeclock solutions at other businesses, ranging from different software to old-fashioned punch clocks to just simple sheets you filled your hours out on. Far and away, BP is the best I've seen yet.

Pros

BuddyPunch is very easy to use and has several login options. Our employees can use their standard username and password, but they can also punch in faster/simpler using QR codes or a 4-digit pin. BP also organizes your timesheet well so that you can check your worked hours, PTO, etc at a glance.

Cons

Occasionally it can be slower to load on our systems, but not to a degree that causes "late punches".

Thank you Mary for the review and the kind words! We appreciate your business.

AMAZING

BuddyPunch is the best clock-in software

Pros

Accurate punches as well as the ability to go back and edit your punches

Cons

I would like an app. That way I can clock in on the road easily without a website.

Thank you Tyler for the review and kind words. We do have apps for both iOS and Android, we will reach out to you with links otherwise you can search for Buddy Punch in the app store. Thanks!

As good as we could have imagined

We have yet to find any issues with the software that wasn't explained with a quick call or email. Changing incorrect punches isn't the most convenient, but even that isn't an issue.

Pros

We started using Buddy Punch almost 3 years ago at our Pharmacy and we will continue to stick with it. The ease of use was fantastic. We have clerks that were used to signing in on a clipboard for the last couple decades, and they picked up on the program in no time. Reports are simple, the interface is great, and they are constantly updating features.

Cons

Thank you Travis for the great review and continued business! I'm glad that we continue to deliver the simple and easy to use interface while we also are upgrading our feature set. We're happy that you're happy!