Buddy Punch Logo

Buddy Punch

Online Time Clock Software | Web Based Time Management

Buddy Punch Reviews - Page 4

Love Buddy Punch!

Pros

Buddy Punch makes it simple and easy to manage employee hours.

Cons

Sometimes when editing punches and backspacing the time it will reset the whole thing so you have to start over. It only costs 10 extra seconds, so it's a very minor complaint.

Thank you for the review Chelsea, it is great to hear that you're finding us simple and easy to use. Our time picker allows the use of the keyboard as well as a picker that allows you to select a time. If using the keyboard and holding down backspace would clear the entry. Thanks for your business, we appreciate it!

Great time tracking software

Pros

The ease of use of it and that it was web based rather than .exe based. Overview provided is also very neat and flows nicely.

Cons

The only con that I have for BP is that you need a converter some times to know exactly how many minutes you need to get to a full recorded hour as there is no live tracking for that.

Thank you Christopher for your review, I'm glad that our ease of use really shows in setup and your daily use. Also thank you for the suggestion, we try to incorporate feedback into all of our product updates. We appreciate your business.

Great value for the investment

Working with the Buddy Punch support team has been such a wonderful experience. The team is responsive, and eager to assist. Any questions we've had, whether using the free trial, or after we signed up as a customer, have been answered quickly. What a great platform.

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to use for managing our remote team members. It's easy to set them up in they system, establish their locations, and manage how they can punch in and punch out.

Cons

Now that the scheduling feature has rolled out, that takes away the only major Con I would have listed. There are still some bugs within the scheduling functionality, however, I'm quite certain the amazing support team is working on resolving any remaining issues.

Thank you for the review Rick, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and that our support has been a wonderful experience for you! We appreciate your business.

Cost effective solution for employee time tracking

Buddy Punch is an integral part of our business.

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to use and to train employees' use. There are features we don't even use that larger companies or ones that do their own payroll processing will find invaluable. We love the accuracy of employee time and PTO tracking.

Cons

We have yet to experience any issues with Buddy Punch.

Thank you Pati for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us cost effective and easy to use! We appreciate your business.

Easy to Use

Buddy Punch system is really easy to use and understand. It allows you to easily make changes and allows your employees to leave notes for each punch time (if necessary).

Pros

Easy to use for employees and managers

Cons

cannot punch in real time. it gives the employees access to modify their times.

Thank you for the review Ayde, we appreciate it. I'm glad Buddy Punch is easy to use and understand. Thank you for pointing out the notes feature, it allows employees to leave a detail on why they might be punching out early, late, etc. In regards to your comment on real time punches, perhaps there is some confusion - you can punch in real time with Buddy Punch. As soon as you click the punch in button the time is captured at that moment in time. Also the employee option to request changes is a feature that can be turned on or off. Any changes only take effect if they are approved and you can turn off changes all together, if needed. Let me know if you have any other questions, we appreciate your business!

Easy and very convenient

Pros

This software allows our office staff to work from anywhere while keeping them honest. It is also very easy for staff and management to use.

Cons

I haven't had success integrating the software with our Quick Books application but honestly haven't tried very hard.

Thanks for the review Kelly, I appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad that you're finding us easy to use and that we're helping keep your staff honest. I'll reach out to you about the Quickbooks integration, we integrate with both Quickbooks desktop and online. Thanks again!

Overall Happy with the Product

It's really easy to use. My employees seem to use it just fine. There's also an app that can be downloaded onto an employee's phone for ease of use for punching in/out and has an option for their location to be recorded so you can see on a map where they punched in and out. I love that I can easily send an online message to the company with any question as they promptly respond and guide me to the knowledge base material so I can read up on how to do certain things. It seems like a great company.

Pros

Simple to use and easy to contact a customer service rep with questions. You can easily transfer the hours into Quickbooks! (and other programs I believe)

Cons

The only thing I wish it did was integrate the PTO and OT into Quickbooks. It will transfer the regular hours worked but I still have to manually enter the OT and PTO. You can easily pull a report to see the breakdown so it's not the end of the world.

Thank you Kelly for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and that you're taking advantage of our QuickBooks integration. We appreciate your business.

A superior choice to paper time cards or other software time cards I've tried

Incredibly easy tracking of hourly employees time cards including break times, lunches, and PTO taken.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use both by the administrator and by the employees. They make it easy to be compliant with federal and state laws for tracking hourly employee time and breaks. It is easy to control which employees can change their own check ins/check outs, and it is incredibly easy to make changes when needed. I also love that employees can choose to fill in their own PTO and mark it appropriately for what type they have used.

Cons

Thank you Mitch for the review, we appreciate you taking the time! I'm glad that you've found Buddy Punch "incredibly easy to use!" Thanks for pointing out our break, PTO and change request features, I'm glad they're helping you be compliant with federal and state laws. Thanks for being a Buddy Punch customer!

Excellent Software and Customer Service

Pros

I am very satisfied with Buddy Punch. The software is very user friendly. If you contact customer service with an issue, they fix it immediately. They'll even take your suggestions into consideration. I've never had an issue with this company. I highly recommend them.

Cons

No cons about this software. If I ever have an issue, it is fixed.

Thank you Anita for the review and the kind words about our customer service, we appreciate your business!

Great tool to track temp time.

Saved a lot of time when processing payroll.

Pros

Very easy to use! I didn't rate customer support because I have never had to contact them. We use a lot of temp works with a lot of turn over. Very easy to add the basic information in the system so they can start clocking in/out the day they start and one click to make inactive. Reports are easy to export and send hours to the temp agency. I also like that they have the ability round time to the closest .25. What I report is what the employee see. It has saved us a lot of time in reporting compared to the previous product.

Cons

It is currently meeting all of our needs and some I didn't know I wanted, like the ability for employee to make a correction to their time card which then must be approved by their supervisor. In the past, it would be a verbal communication and the supervisor would have to log in and correct. Now the employee does it and the supervisor gets a notice.

Thank you for your review! I appreciate your honest feedback. It's great to see you're making use of our correction feature, which allows an employee to request a change to their time card that you have to approve. We appreciate your business.

Very easy to use and keep track of work hours

I really like this software and have not seen any problems thus far. Im glad our organization has Buddy Punch and have had a good experience using it.

Pros

This system is very easy to use, and keep track of your work hours. I make my own hours, so having this system makes it easy to use different ways to clock hours for multiple grants that I have. It keeps track of what hours go to which great, and makes it so easy for my director to log.

Cons

I have not had any problems, and I continue to use the software, along with all my coworkers.

Thank you Ryan for the review and your organizations support through the years. It's great to hear that you're finding us easy to use.

Great Value AND Great Service

We tested out several online timecard systems and have been extremely happy with BuddyPunch! We're a small office that has owners out of state so leverage technology and having visibility on the team when the owners are out of town is very important. BuddyPunch has been easy to setup and use. The online clockin with the QR code can be ever so slightly twitchy sometimes but with each iteration the system gets better and better. I team loves being able to clockin with their phones and those of us not in the office love being able to see their login picture and GPS location. Win for all!

Cons

Thank you for your review KimBerly! I'm glad that you found us easy to setup and to use, we really do focus on ease of use when designing features. I also see that you're making use of the QR Codes, webcam pictures and GPS support. Sorry if you've had any issues with QR Codes, please let us know if you have continued issues and we're happy to help troubleshoot. Thank you again for your business, we appreciate it.

Easy way to track your time!

It's enabled us to upgrade from a very antiquated timekeeping system to something more advanced and easier at the same time!

Pros

It's easy, it's intuitive, and staff are really receptive to using it.

Cons

The interface to QuickBooks is a little tricky. Sometimes, things don't come across exactly as I had expected.

Thank you Reanna for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and intuitive! It sounds like you're using our integrations with QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. The desktop integration requires use of a tool provided by Intuit, so unfortunately we don't have as much control with that integration as we'd like to. If you ever do need help with it please let us know. Thanks again!

Easy, fast and simple!

I am solving the fact that we are a mobile company and punching in helps out so much with the app, and also keeping track of your time, or requesting time off, or keeping track of employees time is so much easier and accessible

Pros

I love that it is very accessible, you are able to have it on either personal or work phone, and makes punching in easier, and keeping track of your time, or employees time as well.

Cons

Sometimes you'll have small glitches, but all you have to do, is exit and initiate the app

Thank you Leslie for the review, it is good to hear you are making use of our mobile apps and our time off tracking. We appreciate your business!

Easy and Simple! I like it!

Pros

Our staff was able to transition to using Buddy Punch across a wide variety of shifts, so it was easy, simple and did what we needed it to. I like that users can go back and edit as well as see reports, plus employers can review it easily and create categories

Cons

The strength is also its weakness - it's so simple that it doesn't have extra features. It'd be nice to have some way of tallying categories up for the week so one doesn't have to do it on the side. Ex: sick leave/ absences / regular clocked in hours.

Thank you Beka for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy and simple to use. In regards to your request for more detail on hours please see our various reporting options. We have a PTO Summary report as well as an Hours Summary, which will give you that break down. Thanks again!

Very easy to use - customer support is excellent!

ease of timesheet tracking. visibility to team members on and off the clock in real time.

Pros

Simple interface and dashboard. Captures what we need for tracking timesheets for payroll. Our team loves the ability to punch in and out from the phone app.

Cons

The PTO tracking is shown in number of hours ... My preference would be to see the PTO shown in number of days. That is how our team is used to seeing the paid time off they have used and have remaining for the year. Therefore, we don't use that aspect of the software.

Thank you Tonya for the 10/10 review, it is great to see! I'm glad that Buddy Punch has been easy to use and that you find our interface simple to use and understand. Even better that your team loves us too! Also thank you for the feedback on the PTO feature, I can see how it would be helpful to see the summary in days vs hours. Thanks again!

Easy To Use

It's been a good program to use since we lost our other one.

Pros

I can Edit and have no issues accessing the software.

Cons

It doesn't seem to understand that holiday time is not the same as PTO.

Thank you Elizabeth for your review, it's great to hear you are finding us easy to use. Your account administrator can create different types of time off and can designate them as paid or unpaid, sorry for any confusion. Thanks again!

It's so easy to clock in and out

The ability to check where I am at the end of the week and how many hours I have left, so I won't go into overtime.

Pros

The convenience of being able to keep track of my hours and the ease of clocking in and out. I also can change the time if I forget to clock, which is approved by the administrator.

Cons

Thank you Susy for the great review! I'm glad that we've been easy for you to use and that your'e making use of our "I need to change something" feature, which routes changes to your administrator for approval.

simple

Pros

This software is quick and easy for our employees. Being able to clock in and out on an iPad makes it so much easier than having to take turns using a computer. The photo feature keeps the employees accountable so there is no clocking in/out for other employees. We can pull reports whenever we want and customer service is readily available for anything we may need.

Cons

I do not have anything bad to say about Buddy Punch, we love it.

Thank you Jennifer for the review, we're happy to hear that you're making use of our photos on punch feature. We appreciate your business!

very easy to use.

able to track time from the pc or other mobile devices. do not have to punch in or out with a physical time card.

Pros

Easy to use. Allow you to enter comments about the each punch in. You can enter you vacation during the current pay period only.

Cons

working nights, my shift split day. have to punch out at the end of a pay period. Then I have to submit the time card for approval. before I can punch in to start the new pay period.

Thank you for your review Raymond! I'm glad that you are using our commenting and PTO features and that Buddy Punch is easy for you to use. I also see you are using our Time Card Approval process, which requires you to submit a time card at the end of a pay period prior to starting a new one. We also have a "Split Shifts at Midnight" option which will automatically split a shift at midnight, in case you cross over a pay period during a shift. Thanks again!

The best product with the best support

Pros

I have worked with A LOT of HR products including many different time keeping systems. 2018 was the first year I was introduced to Buddy Punch and I have never experienced such amazing customer service as I have with Buddy Punch. They are like the Amazon of time keeping systems. They're live chat is with real people who quickly solve any issues that arise. The system is really simple and easy to use and best suited for those individuals that are at a computer and for smaller companies in general

Cons

I can't think of any cons about this product.

Thank you Gena for the review! It's great to hear that feedback about our customer support. We try to provide the best experience for our users and if any questions arise we are happy to answer them. Thanks again!

Great and Convenient App

A very easy and convenient app for employers or employees to use especially when doing field work or during flexible hours.

Pros

Easy to use, User Friendly and very convenient. Clock-in/Clock-out anytime and any where.

Cons

Notes indicated should be able to show when looking at time card section instead of just the regular punch in and punch out times.

Thank you for the review Paulette, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use and user friendly.

Time saver for sure. Easy. Accurate.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up users. No more worries about keeping track of remote crew hours across the country.

Cons

Sometimes login doesn't load fast enough. I am unable to sort some of the lists/reports by different criteria.

Thank you Pamela for your review and your continues business throughout the years. I'm glad that we're helping you keep track of hours for your remote crew. Thanks for the feedback as well, we'll continue to refine our reports as we get requests for changes. Thanks again.

Payday just became that much easier

We love the fact that we can simply step away from the old school "micro-managerial" format of chasing peoples hours down. The fact that it locates where and when the employee signs in/out is great for our management team from not only a time card perspective but also in determining where they are. We work in construction and have multiple sites in which our employees work. This tool provides me one location to see when they arrived and exactly where they are. Great benefit

Pros

GPS Tracking on log-in Picture capture on log-in Eliminates the head aches of chasing hours for employees and applying it to certain jobs Simple reports sent directly to our management team on day of running payroll Quickbooks migration

Cons

The mobile app could use some help I wish I could input employees vacation and PTO days and it would automatically deduct days used and track them I would like to see different pay rate formulas for different scenarios ie drive time we pay 1/2 time, shift differential we pay 1 1/4 time etc. Yet everything comes across as full time and we have to calculate the additional out

Great

Helpful on the go access. I like that you can punch out at a specific time since I run errands outside of work then estimate my clock out time.

Pros

Easy to use. Can use it anywhere. I am glad to have the access on my phone to help while I am walking to the front door I can just punch in.

Cons

The ONLY thing I do not like is before your manager approves your hours. The system does not add up the hours. I understand they are not "approved" hours. But this is silly that you can not gauge your hours because of this flaw.

Thanks for the review Holly, I'm glad that we're easy to use and that you're utilizing our mobile features. Also thanks for the feedback on the pending approvals. You are correct, until your manager approves any changes to your time card they won't tally the hours as the hours could be rejected/changed. Thanks again!