Built for Teams Logo

Built for Teams Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.9/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like the ease of use of the software, very user friendly, and best of all it has an app that you can use on your phone should you be away from your desktop computer.

mm

marco m.

I like the ease at which I can view PTO/Vacation. It is great for accounting for my personal schedule.

AV

Audrey V.

The customer service is great and the overall value of the software is fantastic.

DD

Dan D.

I cannot edit time off requests if I make an error. It is also very difficult to view the calendar with so many people on it.

MT

Melissa T.

It is a little confusing if you need to change a request.

DF

Dawn F.

I would say the only negative of the website is the calendar it is slightly confusing.

AM

Greenhouse-logocaret

Greenhouse

RUN Powered by ADP-logocaret

RUN Powered by ADP

How would you rate Built for Teams?

Great Except for Time Intervals

Pros

I like the fact that I can see all of my time off requests in one place.

Cons

I do not like the current requested time intervals setup. Right now it is set to only 30 minute intervals but I feel like it would be more helpful - at a minimum - to have 15 minute intervals. The best solution would be 5 minute intervals for requesting time off for late arrivals or early departures as those things can vary. I would also like the functionality to schedule things farther out past my "bank" of time available as things like vacations, etc. can be scheduled way in advance.

Thank you so much for your review and feedback Jamie! So happy you like having all of your requests in one place! In reference to time intervals or increments, Built for Teams actually has the ability to allow employees to take time off in either 1-minute increments, 15-minute increments, 30-minute increments, or in half-day increments. Each individual company configures their settings to determine...

So easy to use and Robust!

I enjoy this software and their customer service is amazing!

Pros

It's super easy to use! I can manage it for the company without using a lot of my time!

Cons

Not much! It's a great software, haven't had an issue yet.

Such a great review Tanya! We are thrilled to hear Built for Teams is saving you time, has been so easy for you to use and that your experience with our customer support has been amazing! Thank you again for your review!

Built For Teams

Being able to easily track requests and hours is so time saving and easy. Just love it!

Pros

It makes it so easy to know my own balance, but, also, the balances of my Employees. It's super easy for me to submit a request and very easy to approve my employees straight from the email, I don't have to log in to approve it.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything except the ease of use for the mobile version.

Tracy thank you for taking time to review Built for Teams. Having the ability and freedom to see your time off balance anytime you'd like as well as monitoring your employees balances at any time from anywhere is a big deal! We are glad you love the ease of use of the system and we appreciate your feedback. We are continually working to improve our product and the mobile app! ;) Thank you for being a valued Built for Teams customer!

Easy to use - and getting better!

We have better communications on people's PTO time usage between management and bookkeeping. That alone is worth the cost of what it can do. But it also prevents confusion amongst our staff and who is going to be taking time off when.

Pros

If you are lookingfor software that's easy to use and helps you to manage your people's time, builtforteams is a great product. We are currently using it to manage our people's PTO time and our hourly employees timesheets.

Cons

on occasion, it's hard to find the right location to change a little information. But customer service is always on top of any request and it doesn't take long to get it resolved.

Dan, we're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you and your employees! Thank you for being our customer and for taking time to share your experience using our product.

time tracking is great

Pros

ease of use & cost. Also like the ability to view reports.

Cons

Ability to edit if a mistake was made. It would be nice to have 10 minutes or so to edit.

Thanks, Jake! Glad to hear our product works so well for your company. Regarding the ability to edit mistakes, do you mind responding and giving us a bit more detail about that? We really value your feedback and would like to make sure we know how we can improve things for you!

Automated our PTO Process

Pros

The app is very user friendly. Our employees were able to convert to this system seamlessly.

Cons

Built for teams does not allow to deter from the default holiday schedule.

Melanie thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that implementation has gone smoothly with your employees. In reference to holidays, Built for Teams does allow you to create the company holidays that fit your organization's needs and simply only suggests the standard holidays. If this is a setting you would like help configuring, we would be happy to assist you! We are so glad you are a Built for Teams customer!

Built for Teams has been an excellent partner that has helped us with organizing all of our HR data.

Ease of use for both administrators and employees, and fluid and easily accessible place for important information such as PTO and recruiting.

Pros

The software itself is a just right fit. We don't have loads of features that we don't need or use. It is simple and powerful, and that makes it easy for our employees to use regularly, which is the only way a system can really be successful within an organization.

Cons

Keeping track of leave for 40 employees in this program is so much easier than doing it by hand.

Pros

Ease of use by employee and supervisor. The ability to quickly see and approve leave requests. The system is completely paperless.

Cons

The employee can't easily print out/access a report of his time taken. He can easily see what is left and what the screen shows but he can't print his history.

Thanks for leaving this great review, Brian! It's always helpful to hear what is working well and what we can improve on. Your employees do have the ability to view their complete history, which shows every transaction (even for past years). It sounds like it would be helpful for you if we made the transaction history easier to print, though. Is that correct? I'll have our customer support team reach out to you to discuss this further. We want to make sure your employees are taken care of!

Great PTO Tool

Pros

Easy to track PTO and easy to customize settings

Cons

Viewing previous PTO requests and approvals could be a bit easier/user-friendly

Matt, thank you so much for your review! The customization options Built for Teams offers are easy to configure as you mentioned! To reference your feedback regarding viewing previous PTO requests and approvals, hopefully you are taking advantage of our reporting feature that offers a variety of solutions in pulling approval and usage reports with a variety of filters and date selection options. If you need assistance with this feature, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Excellent overall

I like the fact that i can see other employees time off so I KNOW when i can take time off and others can see when i'm off.

Pros

Mostly i like the overview of my account like PTO, my calendar as well as the Directory.

Cons

I would say i least like that when on PTO how many hours i have remaining for the year, and when it says " Based on your current balance and any approved future requests, you are scheduled to earn the below amount by the end of this year. If your account reaches the maximum allowed balance, this amount will be recalculated as you schedule and use additional time off". so whats a year? calendar year or when i started ?

Isaac, we're very happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you! This is great feedback. To answer your question, the "year" depends on how your account administrator has set up your company's policies. You can easily tell by looking at your PTO account and noting the date range for the policy. It will most likely either say "Jan 1, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019" if it's the calendar year, or it'll show your hire date through the next year if based on hire date. If you have any other questions just let us know!

Logistics Support

Pros

it is easy to login and see all of my information without having to search for what i want

Cons

i am fairly satisfied with the software. i had an issue with it freezing up, but come to find out it was my computer itself, not the website.

Thanks for the review, Kayla! Happy to hear you've had no problems with our product (and that the one issue turned out to be your own computer).

Reliable and Impressive

Excellent experience. Built for Team's support has been exceptional.

Pros

We use this software primarily to manage PTO. It has served us well and has been easy to use. It allows us to analyze and report how timeoff is being used by the teams. And integrates well with our Google Calendar.

Cons

Cell Phone features are a little harder to navigate but that's to be expected.

Gianmarco thank you for your kind words. We are so glad Built for Teams is assisting your organization in analyzing the PTO usage of your teams.

Great PTO System!

Built for Teams made it easier for our company to track associate PTO days. There's less manual work and keep-up on our hands.

Pros

Easy to use as an associate and as an administrator Interface is simple and easy to navigate Great customer service - fast responses and there to resolve any issue!

Cons

As of right now, there are no cons of this software

Thank you, Samantha! We love reading that you find Built for Teams easy to use. Thanks also for letting us know that you've appreciated our customer service. We hope to have you as our customers for a long time to come!

User of software

as a user it is good

Pros

easy to use and see your time off and requests approved

Cons

nothing - it is easy to use and the online portal makes it simple

Thank you so much for your review Sue! Built for Teams was designed to make time off management and the request/approval process a breeze! We are so glad you are happy with the product for over 2 years now and we love having you as our valued customer!

Truly the best customer service

Fantastic. Thank you!

Pros

We were looking for something that could accomplish a few goals to manage the PTO for a distributed team in different countries and Built for Teams had everything we wanted at a great price. It's easy to use and from the first day forward their customer service has been stellar. Everyone on the team responds quickly, with useful information and in a kind, warm way. It's a delight.

Cons

I can't think of one. It does everything we need.

Jennifer, we love working with you as well and we appreciate this incredible review. Thank you for being such a wonderful customer! It makes us happy to know we've helped you achieve a budget friendly solution with everything you need.

Great Software

I've been using this software for about two years now. My team has grown about three-fold and BFT has allowed to streamline the on-boarding process.

Pros

The ability to fill forms online and keep employee files organized.

Cons

Integration with other software is limited

Bryan, thanks for the review and the feedback. We definitely agree that we need more software integrations. We're currently working on integrations with both Xero and Slack, and have a long list of other requested integrations that we'll be working on in the future. Thanks again for your feedback and patience as we continue to improve Built for Teams!

Built Review - Aili

Pros

A ready straight forward software to request, approve and review PTOs. I like the calendar version that everyone at the company can see others PTO plan to arrange meetings ahead. Built client service is really timely and helpful!

Cons

So far I haven't seen things which I don't like.

Aili, we've loved having you and your company as our customers! You've been fantastic to work with, so thank you. We're always open to your feedback and suggestions so if there is anything we can do please let us know! Thank you for the review.

Built for Teams is a great tool!

When we switched from Paycor in the beginning of the year, balances were way off and employees had lost trust in the process. Now, employees know how much PTO they have and trust the HR team to keep everything accurate.

Pros

Ease of use on employer and employee side. Balances are accurate.

Cons

The org chart feature doesn't work well for us.

Emily, I'm happy to read that we've been able to help employees trust your HR team again! Accuracy is critical to us and we've gone to extensive measures to make sure our product is accurate even in "edge case" scenarios that cause problems in other systems. I would love to talk more about the org chart feedback you posted. Do you mind telling me a bit more about what it is that isn't working well for you in that area of the product?

Great for tracking PTO at our school

Software is so easy to use that we rarely interact with support. When we do, they react almost instantaneously. Experience has been very positive for us.

Pros

Ease of set up, training and use. I like the weekly reports that I get that remind me of upcoming dates, PTO requests, etc.

Cons

Could use a little more robust reporting function but overall, it works fine and meet our needs.

Thanks, Julie! Sounds like things are going well using our product, which is so good to hear. We do have some updates to our reporting features in the works too!

Experience with both the product and customer services has been wonderful.

Pros

Ease of use and features. Built for teams has been easy to work with. They also have great customer support in providing us with both direction and implementation assistance.

Cons

Lack of API or integration has been a challenge to allow integration with some of the leading ERP systems that we support.

BJ, thank you for leaving a review and letting us know how important an API is to you. It's high on our todo list so we'll be sure to reach out to you as soon as we get the first version released. Thank you for being so patient!

Simple yet comprehensive

Pros

This software has everything that is needed to track employee time off. It has a clear calendar that shows all of the information without cluttering your own personal calendar and you can turn different groups on or off to get a fast look at the groups of people you need to see. As someone who both approves and sends requests, I love how quickly I can do both!

Cons

I did want to integrate one of our agency's teams into my personal calendar so that I could see that info alongside calendar events, but I did have difficulty with that. There is a way, but I could not get it to work. Most likely user error though haha!

Amelia, we are so glad that you enjoy how quick and easy it is to approve and send requests using Built for Teams. Our calendar viewing options are great and we just released another update to customize that view further! We would love to help you overcome any "user errors" to get your iCal feed to your personal calendar working smoothly. It really is a great feature! Thanks for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!

Easy to use and navigate

Tracks everything for you and easy to use

Pros

Tracking PTO time and clocking in and out is a breeze

Cons

Not sure there is any cons so far, works for me just fine

What a great review Carlos! We love hearing that Built for Teams has made clocking in and out a breeze for you! Thanks for great feedback and for being a valued customer.

Built for Teams

Pros

PTO tracker, anniversary dates, org chart

Cons

No tracking for training, PTO request email notifications cannot be turned off

Ashley, thank you for being our customer and for posting a review of Built for Teams. I'd love to get a bit more info regarding how you'd envision "tracking for training" working. Regarding PTO request email notifications, those seem like a pretty critical part of the request/approval process. It would help to understand how you'd use the system if those email notifications were turned off.

Easy and convenient to use. Very user friendly and intuitive.

Pros

The software is easy to use and it is intuitive for someone who doesn't use the software often. Meaning that it is still easy to find what you are looking for - you don't have to memorize a process....just the name.

Cons

The times to select for when we will be out; they are not conducive to a school schedule. The hours represent an office style job for an 8am to 5pm and are only in half an hour increments. If it were possible to change these per account, schools need a little more flexibility because otherwise teachers are taking out a little more time from their personal days.

Hi Elizabeth, and thanks for the review! I'm so glad to hear Built for Teams is working well for you. Regarding your question about the times of day and schedules, I have great news...you can indeed change the scheduled hours to better accommodate your actual daily schedules. I'll have our support team reach out to your account administrator to make sure they know how to make that change. Thanks for bringing this to our attention so that we can help your organization better configure your account!

Trc

Pros

It’s user friendly and has great communication

Cons

I have no complaints, thanks you for the feedback

Thank you so much for your review Edrienne! We love to hear that our customers love the user friendly interface that Built for Teams provides. Thanks for leaving a review and for being a valued customer.