Built for Teams Logo
Built for Teams

Cloud Based Solution for Time Off Tracking, Org Chart & More

visit website

Built for Teams Reviews - Page 2

Pros

Calendar is awesome in a small branch that is how we track who is out so we can plan accordingly.

Cons

Would be nice if we could share within our branch we also use the calendar in outlook so branch is aware of who is out.

Thank you so much for your Five Star Review Mark! So glad to hear you are utilizing the calendar feature for staffing and time off planning. The good news is you can actually use an iCal feed to integrate your Built for Teams calendar into your Outlook calendar to share as you please. You can even create custom iCal feeds with specific information for specific groups of people. We would be happy to help you set this up. Thanks again for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!

PTO

Pros

Very easy to use and my manager approves my time

Cons

software is slow sometimes, maybe my computer system?

Tomeka, we appreciate you making time to review Built for Teams. It's always helpful to hear what customers think and to find out what we're doing well and where we could improve. It's definitely possible that your computer could be causing the slowness, but it's good for us to see if there are ways we can speed things up for you too. As you use the product over the next week or so, do you mind making a note as to whether it's a certain page that is slow? Or does it just seem slow everywhere? We're happy to look into it more for you. We're always working on performance enhancements!

Very User-Friendly

Overall, software is extremely simple and has removed my need to ask our office manager regularly for time-off status.

Pros

It's extremely easy to see how much time off I've had in different areas (sick, vacation, work trips away from the office) and to request time off in those different categories.

Cons

I could be wrong about this and just missing it, but I don't believe I can see in each category, how many days I have requested but that have yet to be approved. So, sometimes I look at my balance and wonder if it includes pending requests.

Andrew, thank you for being our customer and for taking time out of your busy schedule to post a review of Built for Teams. Customer feedback is so important to us! The 'Current Requests' section shows all pending requests and the status of them, but we don't total up those which are pending but not approved (because it's usually just one or two requests at most, we've found). But that's a great question and something we'll review as a team to see if we can improve how that works! Thanks for the input!

A management nightmare resolved!

Consolidation of PTO request across multiple International offices.

Pros

Built for Teams is a feature rich solution that. Managing PTO request across multiple office Internationally has been a difficult challenge. The sales team was very responsive to our request and needs and found a way to make our different situation work. The deployment was smooth, with the support team staying close during the entire process. Fast response times, and frequent check-ins during the process. Feature rich solution with all and more than we needed.

Cons

It would be nice to have better filtering options on the Directory and People tabs. Its not really a con, but more of a feature request.

We're happy to hear our product is working so well for you, Eric! And great suggestion regarding filtering. We'll work on improving our filtering options on those two pages. Thank you for taking time to post a review and to share your experience using our product.

Vice President Human Resources

This tool is valuable to track employee time out of the office, how much they have used and how much they have remaining. It denies overages making the system the "bad guy" not the boss.

Pros

The ease to add or remove new employees.

Cons

Lack of ability to recapture PTO time used when the employee hits a reset.

Hi Sara, and thanks for being our customer! This feedback is very helpful and I'm happy to hear that Built for Teams is working so well for you. I'd love to learn more about your comment regarding "recapturing PTO time used"; do you mind replying to this messaging and explaining that a bit further? We love hearing suggestions from customers!

Best PTO Platform Out There!

I've used many PTO management software, and Built for Teams by far surpasses all of them.

Pros

Ease of use for admins, ease of use for employees.

Cons

Not a big fan of the layout of the org chart. Would like to be able to customize the layout.

Jenna, thank you for taking time to post a review for us. This feedback is really helpful! I'd love to get your input on how we can improve the org chart layout. Mind sharing your ideas with us on that?

Love this product!!

I have over 60 employees who I had to train on how to use this software and use it on a weekly basis to keep track of PTO time.

Pros

This is the easiest software to use-very user friendly and easy to teach people how to use. Keep accurate track of time off.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like. This software is super easy to use and very self explanatory.

Thanks so much for this review, Shelly! We really appreciate having you and your company as our customers these several years. It's been so great to work with all of you, and we're very happy to know that you find Built for Teams to be so easy to use and so accurate! Thanks for sharing your experience!

David Milch B4T Review

Pros

It’s a clean format and easy to enter vacation requests.

Cons

I wish it integrated better w our firm holidays and other employees vacation calendars.

David, thanks for your review! It's great to hear you are enjoying the clean and easy to use format! Our calendar does integrate with Google and Outlook and you can input Company Holidays as well as Blackout Days. If this is something you would like to setup, we would be happy to assist you with that. Thanks again for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!

User Friendly

Pros

Built for Teams is very easy to use, as an HR partner for my company - it is super beneficial to have a system that decreases the amount of management I am expected to do.

Cons

Not a con - but I would like to see more features in the future to better help businesses.

Pauline, this is great to hear! Thanks for the review. If we can save you time then we're achieving what we set out to do! I'd love to hear more about any additional features you'd like to use, whether those are features we already have that you aren't yet using or new ideas for features we could add!

Staffing Specifix

It has been a great experience using this software

Pros

What I enjoy the most about this software is that it is very user-friendly. The navigation process is very simple .

Cons

Can't think of any.

Thank you, Sandra!

Good system

I like the system very much no complaints

Pros

it is very user friendly. My employees find it user friendly as well

Cons

It is pretty easy to use so really nothing

Hello, Patricia! We're very happy to know that Built for Teams feels so user friendly to you and to your employees. We're always here to listen if you have any further feedback at any point in the future. Thank you for being our customer!

Teams Helps better functioning of the Team

Great

Pros

User friendly, very helpful between remote employees

Cons

No specific comments But is there a feature to remove a member from a chat group after it is created?

Padma, thank you so much for your review! Knowing that Built for Teams is helping your team function better is fantastic especially with remote employees! We appreciate you and love having you as a Built for Teams customer!

Holidays not recognized.

Pros

No paperwork involved to get request in front of the responsible person.

Cons

Holidays are not recognized. When requesting a vacation week which has a national holiday in the middle you must request the days prior to the holiday and the days after the holiday separately.

Thank you for your review James! We are glad to hear you are enjoying less paperwork when it comes to requesting time off! In regards to holidays, it sounds like your company simply hasn't input national holidays into the calendar as a company holiday as well. Built for Teams does have the ability to take into account those holidays the company chooses to designate as such.

Built For Teams

Pros

The way that the system allows you to select your off hours while accounting for a lunch period is pretty amazing. It talks all of the guesswork out of the equation and basically prevents you from submitting a bad request.

Cons

One can’t update direct deposit information on this app.

Alvin thank you so much for your review! Built for Teams was designed to keep the process of requesting and tracking time off simple and streamlined. There are many factors that go into managing time off and we are happy to hear you find Built for Teams an excellent solution. Built for Teams does have the ability to allow employees to update direct deposit information, but each company reserves the right to configure these settings to their preferences. We appreciate your time and feedback and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!

Managing Partner

Very personable and client focused.

Pros

BFT has mapped out all of the functionality of a PTO/Tracking system. And, they have easy admin config options for our team.

Cons

Occasional struggles synching consistently with Outlook. But, they have a fix for it.

Thanks, Tim, for the great review. You've been a great customer and we very much appreciate your business!

We're fans!

Pros

Easy to set-up, easy to use, accurate record of employees' personal time off.

Cons

The calendar is of little use because 1/2 day holidays are not recognized by the software.

Becky, thank you so much for your review of Built for Teams. We love that you are big fan of ours - we can easily say the same of you! We are glad you appreciate the ease of use and accuracy we pride ourselves on. And yes, while we currently don't support 1/2 day holidays, that is something we are working to implement in future updates and trust we will make sure you are at the top of our list to notify!

Pros

It is pretty intuitive, so virtually no ramp up time (I am not in HR, so I'm not doing anything really complex). I work for a small company, and we wanted a calendar that not only showed who is on PTO, but also if people are traveling for business or working off-site. We were able to set up some custom PTO buckets for that purpose - so not really PTO and not debiting from our earned PTO. And now when you look at the Built calendar, it nicely shows where everyone is.

Cons

I don't have any cons, based on what we use it for (PTO and travel tracking).

Laura, we really appreciate this feedback! Thanks for using our product and for taking the time to share your experience.

Great Service With Zero Issues!

We have saved time and money while making our PTO/sick time processes and policies easier, more efficient, and more clear.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and configure. The customer support has been very helpful with the few problems we have had. It has taken what was a cobbled together system of paper forms and spreadsheets and streamlined at a very reasonable price - the value proposition has been attractive to say the least.

Cons

I have no complaints at the present time, although it would be nice to be able to further customize the time off categories/add more, as well as automate more of the year end processes we have.

Hello, Bill! Thanks for being a customer and for posting a review. Your feedback is so helpful. In terms of customizing your time off categories and adding more, we'd be happy to help you do that. Do you mind replying and letting us know a few more details? Thanks!

simple to use

As a user, it expedites our requests and makes it easier than tracking down the administration for approval.

Pros

This is a simple tool we use to request time off for personal, professional and sick leave and it is easy to use and efficient for both the user and the administration.

Cons

I can't think of nay downsides to using this software.

David, we love hearing Built for Teams is helping to expedite your time off request processes and alleviate the headache of having to track down administration for approvals. Thank you for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!

Great Softwear for PTO tracking

Pros

User friendly and very efficient. I love that it is web-based and I can get into this from any where.

Cons

I have direct reports and I need to go to "organization" part before I'm able to check everyone's available PTO. There's no quick step to go to one personnel's PTO page.

Sandiana, thanks so much for the review! We do have a way to go directly to a person's profile instead of first going to the org chart: At the upper right of every page there is a search box where you can type an employee's name (even just the first few characters) and then jump directly to that person's page. Also, when you're viewing the profile of any of your direct reports you'll see two arrows at the upper right side of their profile. Those arrows, when clicked, will take you to the previous or next employee in the list so that you can essentially "scroll" through each employee profile. If you have any other questions about that just respond here and we'll be happy to help!

Great Program

I've overall had a great experience using Built for Teams. It is something I would consider using for my own small business to track my hours and I would recommend it to others who do need software to manage their time

Pros

I very much liked how user friendly this program is. Everything is pretty spelled out as far as how to enter requests for PTO and reviewing my daily work hours as well as tracking how much PTO I'm scheduled to earn each year

Cons

I can see a lot of benefits to having a clock in and clock out button to keep track of time, although our company solely used this program for PTO tracking.

Allison, thank you so much for you review and for sharing how much you like the user friendly interface! We love hearing you would consider using it in other places of work as well! That's the great thing about Built for Teams, it is flexible enough for smaller organizations yet powerful enough for very large organizations as well. Thanks for being a Built for Teams customer!

5 Star

Great experience. The software serves the purpose and is easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, can be customized for multiple departments with different schedules and different allowed PTO

Cons

Paid Time off shows in both hours and days but on different screens. I would prefer if it was showing "days (hours) format"; Also it would be helpful to have a limit for negative allowed balance in the PTO option.

Thank you so much for your review Lena! We appreciate your feedback and always love hearing from our customers. We do allow the days/hours off display to be toggled to show whichever format the user prefers. Some organizations prefer hours, while others prefer days. We are so happy to hear Built for Teams has been easy to use and easy to customize for your organization. Thank you again for your review!

Great

Pros

Easy to use and time saver when communicating with team!

Cons

There is not anything that I don't like about this software!

Josephine! Thank you for such a stellar review! We love hearing the Built for Teams is helping you save time and improving team communication. We value you as a Built for Teams customer and look forward to continuing to work with you!

Pros

I like that it is easy for me to review my past pto and future. A new feature I like is my future approves pto is reflected in the hours I have left.

Cons

Honestly, I liked everything. I wouldnt change anything.

Thank you so much, Kristan! We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the recent update and finding it helpful.

Track Vacations!

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that I can see when everyone I work with will be out of town. Because I fill in when people are out it is important for me to be able to visualize it.

Cons

I don't have any active complaints about the software.

Emily thanks so much for your review! So glad that you find so much value in transparency offered with the Built for Teams calendar. It is an amazing visual tool fro planning and tracking time off. Thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!