Built for Teams Logo

Cloud Based Solution for Time Off Tracking, Org Chart & More

visit website

Built for Teams Reviews - Page 4

An easy to use way to manage org chart and out-of-office.

Pros

The aggregated out-of-office calendar is very useful for providing visibility across multiple teams and ensuring that the necessary approvals are made.

Cons

Approvals can sometimes take awhile and it's not clear how to check the status of them. We would have liked to see if e.g. someone has looked at a PTO request, or a way to send reminders to take follow up action.

Great feedback! It's true that approvers don't always take immediate action when they receive the PTO request notifications (even though the notifications themselves are immediate). Because the notifications are primarily via email, there isn't a reliable way to know if the approver has "looked at" a PTO request but...would it help if the system sent reminder emails to the approvers, reminding them that they have PTO requests still awaiting their review?

Built for Teams

Pros

Easy to use and reliable for times when I need to use it.

Cons

Some of the ways that information can be displayed and organized can be a little confusing.

Thank you so much for your review Mike! We are glad to know Built for Teams has been easy to use and reliable as well! We would be happy to help you understand any displays that seem confusing to you. Our customer support is top notch and would be happy to assist you! Thank you again for your time in leaving us a review.

Usability

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. Our team sends requests to me afterhours and on weekends.

Cons

None, it works just fine. I have no complaints about the software.

Ralph, we sure appreciate you taking time to leave us a review! It sounds like your team is utilizing the ability they have to access their account at anytime from anywhere to request time off. We are glad to hear you love the ease of use Built for Teams has to offer and we love having you as a customer!

User Friendly!

This software os a life saver to keep time off on track and organize. I have a small team and it ease to use and view helps streamline the particular process. I would imagine this software is great for supervisors who have large teams.

Pros

I really like the first summary page after logging in. Very straight forward: Name, position, hour left in each quarter, list of hours requested and approved.

Cons

There are no concrete cons I can think of.

Cynthia, this is great to hear! Knowing that we're saving you some time and headaches is music to our ears. We'll keep working hard to continually improve the product and to keep you as a happy customer!

Nice User Interface

Pros

Easy to use Clean look Quick access Calendar feature to view other time off requests

Cons

Org chart view, too hard to navigate and fit on screen

Megan, I'd love to learn more about your feedback regarding the org chart! With our expand/collapse + zoom features, as well as ability to view by individual departments to narrow the scope of the view, I think we have solutions available that you might find helpful. Would a quick demo of the org chart navigation be useful?

Great experience with first-time user

Pros

I love the dashboard where you can see an overall snapshot of your account. I also love how easy it is to make a request.

Cons

The initial sign-up process was a little confusing.

Thanks, Jill! We're glad your experience has been so positive. We'll certainly see what we can do to make the initial sign up process less confusing. Is there anything specific you'd suggest we do differently?

Easy to use software

I really enjoyed using BFT and will recommend to anyone.

Pros

It's very user friendly and also easy to view. I particularly enjoyed the chart of scheduled balance which lays out everything that I still have left outstanding.

Cons

There was a problem with me as a team leader not being able to approve my direct reports' requests, however it was resolved. No other issues.

Thank you so much for your review Thu! Our user friendly interface is something we are definitely known for as well as our customer support and it sounds like they were quick to help you resolve your approval issue. We value you as a customer and thank you again for your review!

Easy to use!

Very positive.

Pros

This is quick and easy to use. I like the company-wide calendar view which makes it easy for me as a project manager to see everyone's vacation calendars in one view. I like that I can see how much vacation I will have accrued at a future date in time.

Cons

I wish this integrated better with our time tracking system, our accounting system, and our outlook calendars.

Thanks for the review of our product! We do integrate with Outlook calendars so let us know if you'd like a tutorial on how to do that. We're working on adding additional integrations as well.

Very Easy to use

Pros

I like the ability to see all my vacation, medical, and PTO options and balances

Cons

I haven't had any issues with the softward

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review Barbra! We are glad you are thrilled with the self-serve features that Built for Teams offers employees to view and track all vacation, sick and PTO. Thank you again for your review and for being a valued Built for Teams customer!

The most convenient way to schedule time off.

Built for Teams allows me to easily notify the Administrative time that I am taking time off to include the days, hours and type of time off requested.

Pros

I like Built for Teams because the program is easy to use and I did not have any problems navigating through the site.

Cons

I would like to ability to select paid time off or unpaid from the main screen.

Thank you, Dawn! It's good to hear that Built for Teams has been so easy for you to learn and use. We do have some customers who create policies for tracking unpaid time off, so if your organization would like to do that we'd be happy to help them set that up!

For What I Need, Built for Teams Works Great

Pros

I mainly only use BFT to request and approve time off and work from home requests. For that purpose it works fine. It concisely displays how much available time I have and what I've used it for in the past.

Cons

The user interface isn't the prettiest thing, and I'm not sure how expensive the software is so my limited use may not be a great value.

Keefer, thanks for your review! We are glad you like being able to check your time off balances at any time as well as past usage. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a valued Built for Teams customer.

great software

Very easy way to track PTO

Pros

The online version of built for team is very easy to use

Cons

The Built for team app is a little lacking. It needs to have pto calendar

Dale, thanks for this feedback. We're definitely wanting to work on a new version of the app that adds additional features. At this point it's primary purpose is submitting and approving time off, but we agree that there's a lot more that it needs to do in the future!

PTO Tracking Made Simple

The Built for Teams staff was very responsive and every interaction with them was professional and courteous. The entire process was easy and fast.

Pros

Software is very intuitive and allows for customization of any type of leave. With three locations, having one centralized calendar was crucial; Built for Teams' calendar feature is a favorite feature for our entire staff. Submitting leave requests is a snap and can be done from multiple places within the site.

Cons

Can't think of any real issues or areas for improvement.

Thanks so much for this review! We're working hard to make sure our product is the best and that we provide amazing service on top of that¿it's nice to hear those efforts are appreciated! Thank you for being our customer.

Need To Know

Pros

It is nice to be able to have a record of your actual hours of PTO available. It is nice to have a record of when you used time and for what incase there is any questions.

Cons

It is a little confusing if you need to change a request

Thank you for your review Dawn! Having all of your requests, balances and historical records of time off at your fingertips is something our customers love and we are glad you love it to! We strive to maintain ease of use, and modifying a current request is actually quite simple. If you would like some assistance in understanding the process further, please let us know - we would be happy to help!

B4T Review

They are extraordinarily responsive, answering questions and solving any problems within the hour.

Pros

It did not require us to include payroll since we have another system for that. Allowed for supplemental use.

Cons

I wish it had more reports options. At minimum I would like a Master Report that pulls all types of PTO at once.

Hi Emily! Thanks for the review and suggestions for reporting. I'd love to hear more about the master report idea that you have. Do you mind replying and giving us a bit more info about what data you'd like included in that report? Your feedback would be invaluable!

Built For Teams Review 2/22/19

10/10!!

Pros

I love the ease of requesting days off with my boss. I can do it from home as well as from work so I never have a problem getting approved! I also love that I can see not only the amount of PTO I currently have, but how much I am going to have and a breakdown of how I have earned it.

Cons

I truly do not have anything negative to write about this software, it has been a breeze for me!

We've spent a lot of time making sure our product is both accurate and easy to use, so your review makes us pretty happy Alexis! Thank you!

Great Tool

It's very easy to submit requests and see earned and expected to earn vacation/sick hours.

Pros

It's very easy to submit a request and keep track of vacation hours and sick days left for the year. I also like that you can write comments.

Cons

What I least liked about the software was that my app stopped working. When I would pull it up it was blank and I couldn't get anything to show.

Denyse, thanks for this feedback! Sounds like Built for Teams has been easy to use, which is great, but that you've run into some issues with the mobile app? I'd be happy to assist you with this if you'll simply reply to this message!

Easy to Use Software

Pros

Very easy to add in requests and to keep track of PTO, WFH days

Cons

Not very flexible with the use of black out days - which can sometimes be overridden on the back end.

Thank you much for providing feedback Lydia! We love hearing from our customers and we love hearing that you find tracking requests and time off in Built for Teams very easy! In reference to black out days, we are working towards creating the ability to offer some flexibility in the settings for black out days and we will keep you posted as we make updates to this feature. Thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!

Great platform!

My overall experience with Built for Teams has been good and would recommend it for keeping track of staff time versus keeping track of time manually.

Pros

Easy and simple to use. You can easily see your time and staff's time. Easy to approve.

Cons

I cannot edit time after time off has been approved.

Thank you for this feedback, Kayla! It's great to hear that you find Built for Teams so easy to use and would recommend it to others. Regarding not being able to edit time off after it is approved, good news...we actually DO allow you to do that! We'll reach out to you to show you how that is done.

Great Product

Pros

I think Built for Teams is very easy to use and understand. There are many features I like about it, but the feature I like most is the "Paid Time Off" feature. I really like that you can look at it multiple ways (i.e. by number of hours you have or number of days). I also really like the summary box each section includes showing your current balance, scheduled to earn, scheduled to use, and remaining for year. This summary allows me to really understand how many days I really have left and doesn't leaving me questioning or trying to manually figure it out on my own.

Cons

There's nothing I really dislike about the software, but there's a lot of functions that I do not use in my position.

We're happy to hear that Built for Teams works so well for you! Ease of use is top priority for us, so this is great to hear. Thanks for taking time to post a review.

Built for Teams

Pros

Makes approving time off for employees simple. Allows information on employees to be found instantly.

Cons

I do not like that all employees who have a Built account can access the calendar and see other's time off.

Kelly thank you so much for the review and feedback! Built for Teams does allow time requests to be simple and keeps employee information centralized. In reference to the calendar view, Built for Teams offers the capability for each company to configure custom settings that can allow full visibility or limited visibility with the option to include or exclude certain event types or time off details. Again, these are settings defined by each individual company. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!

Built for teams review

no problems. Easy to use

Pros

The software is easy to use, but your survey is not letting me submit it, which is a problem

Cons

Having to go to administrator to reverse a request, such as requesting a certain amount of time off and then the time was different than what was originally requested

Thank you for your feedback and review Cathy! We are so glad you find the software easy to use and sorry you were having trouble with our survey. That is actually sent out by a separate program. In reference to your feedback about reversing a request; Built for Teams does have permission settings to control who can modify or cancel a PTO transaction. Generally these are permissions reserved for administrators. Thank you again for being one of our valued customers!

A great way to connect and manage your organization

Built for Teams gives our team a way to stay connected and communicate at the click of a button.

Pros

The reminders I get when people I supervise request vacation. I also like the organizational flow chart we can add that allows people in the organization to see whom they report to and whom they supervise. Beyond a person's immediate supervisor and the people they supervise a person can see the how the entire organization functions in one graphic.

Cons

Though I am a salaried employee I get a weekly reminder to fill out a time sheet. This only pertains to hourly employees, but for some reason I get a reminder every week.

Thank you, Robert, for this feedback! It sounds like the org chart and our email reminders have been particularly helpful. Regarding the timesheet reminders we can help you resolve that! In Built for Teams it's possible to configure timesheets to only be required by certain employee types. It sounds like your administrators haven't done that so we'll reach out to them and offer some tips on how to do that. That way, you won't get emails about a timesheet that you don't need to submit!

Great product

Pros

Simple to use, highly recommend this product to anyone!

Cons

No complaints or issues with this product.

Thank you, Neal! We really appreciate the review.

Built for Teams

Overall, a positive experience.

Pros

Built for Teams is user friendly and easy to navigate. I like the org chart function because it gives you a good visual of how the organization is structured.

Cons

I wish there was a way to run 1 report for the five companies I oversee. Currently, I need to run individual reports per company.

Tina, thanks you for this great review. It's very helpful to hear what you like and what could be better. We'll take note that there would be value in being able to combine data across different company accounts!