Built for Teams Logo
Built for Teams

Cloud Based Solution for Time Off Tracking, Org Chart & More

visit website

Built for Teams Reviews - Page 5

This is a great software product!

It is really nice to be able to look and see where I'm at with my available PTO hours. Prior to this software, we had to bother the HR department to find this information out.

Pros

I like being able to check the status of my PTO time that is available. It is simple to put a request in to my supervisor. I like that it I can go in and see my previous PTO requests, and that I can print it off if necessary.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot adjust or cancel a request; you have to go through an administrator for both of these situations.

Thanks so much for your review Sherri! We agree it's so great to not have to go to HR just to know where you stand with your PTO hours. Built for Teams gives you the ability to always know right where you are at with your hours. Built for Teams does allow each organization to set custom settings to allow employees to cancel or modify existing requests or not. Thank you again for your review and for being a valued customer!

Not the best but not bad

It has been easy to use and there haven't been any "Hate" features of it. Most of the features are nice additions that I didn't realize would be nice to have at the finger tips. Easy to navigate but can be tricky to find some documents. Overall good experience and seems to work fluidly with other systems and reporting.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. You don't need any training to understand the software and how to get around. There are filters that can allow you to see "Hours" vs "Days" for time off.

Cons

There can be hidden pockets of information that are hard to find and navigate into. Simple training would fix this but not necessary. There isn't a lot going on with it, could be more features added to simplify the navigation process.

Gregory we certainly appreciate your feedback and review! Built for Teams is designed to be user friendly but it is also very powerful and there are many features/modules available providing a variety of services. Our customer support team is always happy to assist with navigating the software and giving you the tools you need! Thank you again for your time in leaving us a review.

Very simple to use

Pros

I like how easy it is to submit for my PTO and that im able to see what my coworkers have put in so we do not have conflicting schedules

Cons

I haven't found anything I dislike about the software so far.

Ease of use is a top priority for us, so thank you for letting us know we're doing a good job in that regard! We appreciate having you as a customer, Libra!

Easy and Clear!

It keeps everything in one place, your PTO and your hours spent out of the office for CE.

Pros

It's easy to see all your time off and sick leave from the dashboard.

Cons

It lists some personal information I would rather not have other employees see but this MIGHT be a setting that our HR has not utilized.

Christy, thanks for the feedback! Regarding any personal information, rest assured that your coworkers can't see any of it! If you have any further questions or concerns about that just reply to this message. We want to make sure you're 100% comfortable!

Beneficial

Excellent

Pros

This software is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I couldn't cancel a request for time off from my side if my plans fell through.

Hi, Lisa! Thanks for this review. It's excellent news to read that Built for Teams has been so easy to learn and use. Regarding canceling your request for time off, Built for Teams gives your company the ability to decide if the employee can do that or if an admin must do that. This only applies to approved time off requests. If your account administrators would like to change this setting we're happy to help them with that!

Employee Perspective: Built for Teams (Buy Me)

Pros

Due to it's simplicity and ease of use, Built for Teams is great, powerful, and useful software all smaller businesses should use. While this addresses all of HR's need is a useful tool that employees can access to manage and organize basic needs like PTO, pay stubs and updating general information.

Cons

While the basic functions are great, the overall look of the software layout can be revamped and revised to look more fresh and updated. Functionality is a 10/10 though, and that is all that matters!

Thanks, Vincent, for sharing your thoughts about Built for Teams and for the suggestion on how we can improve. We love hearing customer feedback!

Useful and Easy

Pros

It was very easy to use and understand, required no real help.

Cons

Very few options on choosing the amount of hours you want for PTO. Can only choose half day or full day.

Laurie, thank you for your review of Built for Teams! We are glad you like the intuitive nature of the software and ease of use. Built for Teams has custom options that allow each organization to choose the time increments in which they prefer employees to request time off. These settings can be changed at any time based upon company preferences. Thank you again for your review!

Review of Time Keeping

I think I like it so far, except for the problem above.

Pros

Ease of adding time off. It is nice to request time and then have the boss approve.

Cons

Every time I log on, it takes me to the beginning of when we started in September, making me scroll through all the weeks until the current one.

Thank you so much for your review Terry! Glad the process of requesting time and getting a quick approval is working out so well for you! If your timesheets are displaying a week in the past, it is likely due to that timesheet that still needs to be submitted. If this is something you are still experiencing, please reach out and we would be happy to assist you. Thank you again for your review and for being a Built for Teams customer!

Hassle-free software

As I mentioned above, the calendar feature is really a game changer. It cuts out quite a bit of unnecessary back and forth communication when planning meetings or events in advance.

Pros

I liked that when I logged on for the first time, I was able to navigate the site easily. Everything is self-explanatory and to the point. I especially like the calendar feature, which allows me to see other team member's PTO. It's very helpful when planning meetings or events in advance.

Cons

Currently there are just two options for PTO - half day and full day. An option to take just an hour or two would be helpful.

Thank you for leaving a review of our Built for Teams! It sounds like the calendar and general ease of use have been very helpful, and that's so good to hear. Regarding taking time off in smaller increments, the system does support that! Your company has the ability to determine a minimum amount of time off that you must use, though, and it appears they've limited you to only using half days at a minimum. If your account administrators would like to change that setting we're happy to help them do that!

The customer service is top notch!

Pros

It is easy to use for a company our size. It tracks all the information and keeps everything organized. Allows for Supervisors to check employees balances quickly.

Cons

They are working on calculation errors with the Vacation Time - other wise everything else is good.

Thank you for the kind review, Andrea! We really appreciate having you as a customer. Regarding the issue you mentioned with vacation calculations, I just double checked with our support team and they said they were able to do a phone call with you explaining that the numbers were actually calculated correctly and that they were able to help explain the calculations to you. If you have any further questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out!

Built for Teams Review

Pros

I like the ease of approving PTO and seeing my team's past usage.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find my team's profiles.

We appreciate the review and feedback! When it comes to finding the profile of your team members, the quickest way is to use the search box at the top of any page. Simply start typing in the first or last name of any person and the system will quickly display a link to that person. If you have any additional questions or feedback about this we'd love to talk further so that we make sure this works as well for you as possible. Thanks!

Jake DiCello's Review

Pros

Very easy to navigate through and request time off.

Cons

I don't believe anything really needs to be fixed, it's a very user friendly software.

Jake, thank you so much for your review. We strive to make sure our PTO solution is user friendly and saves both managers and employees a great deal of time. We appreciate your insight and thank you again for your review.

Excellent System and Amazing Service

Built for Teams has streamlined our employee tracking and PTO usage. Prior to built we attempted to maintain multiple spread sheets and forms for PTO approvals and tracking along with employee information. Built has allowed us to consolidate all of those systems into one user friendly system and has improved our accuracy in tracking and approving PTO. Our employees are especially enjoying the ability to log in and see how much PTO they have at anytime. Customer support is fantastic and the developers continue to add new features and reports that continue bringing added value to us as a Built user.

BUILT FOR TEAMS REVIEW

at my level this tool is used to time off. its great to see where my employees stand on time left and also use the calendar to analyse when each person is off.

Pros

The calendar with everyone's request time off. As a team leader it helps me keep track of when someone will be out so i can allocate someone else to handle that person's business while they are out.

Cons

no complaints at my end. Everything is working for my needs.

Thank you, Fernanda! Glad to hear Built for Teams helps you so much.

Easy to use!

Great!

Pros

Very user friendly, really like the interface.

Cons

Would be nice to cancel requests after they have already been submitted.

Alexa thanks for such a great review! We are glad you like user friendly interface that Built for Teams offers. As for canceling your requested days, Built for Teams allows each organization to customize the abilities and limits that employees have when it comes to canceling approved requests. These are settings that your account administrator configures. Thank you again for being a valued customer!

Built for teams

Haven’t had an issue with built for teams since using it

Pros

Fairly easy to use quick response from employer because it’s alerts them

Cons

When you work night shift it’s a little aggravating the way you have to split the days off to be put in app

Thank you for your review Timothy!! We are glad that Built for Teams is helping to streamline your time off request process. In regards to night shifts, we recommend using our web application as opposed to the mobile app to submit those as it doesn't not require you to split the days. You can log into the web app with your phone as well to keep the convenience of submitting on the go. If you would like some additional direction on how to do that, we would be happy to help! Thanks for being a Built for Teams customer!

Such a great use for company calendars!

Pros

I love the feature that we can see PTOs, WFH, birthdays, and work anniversaries. To my knowledge, I do not know if we can export it to GMail. So that would be a plus!

Cons

I do not like the the org chart. The UI is not attractive and, in turn, would make the UX better.

Thanks for the review, Michelle! I'm happy to hear that these features have been helpful. We do integrate with Google apps, including Gmail, so just let me know if you'd like any help getting that configured! I'd also love any specific feedback you can provide on the org chart. Other customers seem to love it so I'd like to learn what it is that you think could be improved. Customer feedback is always welcome!

Easy to use and track

No more emails lost in the daily deluge that our inboxes have become. The back and forth letting everyone know you are sick or taking vacation. It is a pretty simple process using Built for Teams.

Pros

It is very easy to see days available for all categories. Login and you can request time off, see how many sick days, vacation etc. that you have remaining. Forget when you were off or went to the doctor? No question now, just look it up in the calendar. Shows you allotted time in hours or days.

Cons

The time it takes for my boss to respond sometimes. Haha.

We love reading that customers find Built for Teams so easy to use, so thanks for that feedback Charles! As for your boss's occasional slow response...we're right there with you on that one! In spite of the email reminders that the system sends when a request hasn't been approved, sometimes the boss still doesn't act as fast as we'd like!

BFT User

Pros

Very user friendly and not much training needed for new associates using the software. Very quick updates, and enjoy the reminders on notifications.

Cons

It would be nice if you were able to do more such as cancel previously requested days or have visibility to people on your team's calendars before taking a day off.

Victoria, thank you so much for taking time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear you appreciate the user friendly interface, reminders, and product updates. As for canceling requests, each organization has the ability to configure account settings to allow or limit certain actions to be taken on approved requests. The same goes for calendar visibility where your account administrators can configure if employees can see only themselves, their team/department, or the entire organization. We appreciate your time in leaving us a review and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer.

Buit for Teams Review

Pros

The product is very easy to use and keeps track of vacation time accurately.

Cons

There really is no downside to the system.

Randall, thanks so much for your complimentary review! We appreciate you and love providing our customers with an easy to use system that makes tracking PTO (and so much more) intuitive and easy.

Easy with just a few steps

Ability to teach my pto.

Pros

Pto tracking is easy and at just a glance you can see a clear overview of the hours earned and hours used to date. Also, the calendar shows the while companies hours off. The UI is smooth and refreshing to use.

Insurance Agency's PTO Plan

It is an efficient way to monitor PTO. Employees know where they stand and managers can see at a glance.

Pros

Employees have a "bank" and submit requests via website.

Cons

Attempting to correct PTO after the time has already passed.

Thank you so much for your review Lisa! It's so great to hear that Built for Teams has provided you an efficient way to monitor PTO and allow employees to always know what their balance is. We appreciate your time and feedback and thank you for being a Built for Teams customer!

Built for Teams Review

Pros

My company switched over from a paper-based system for requesting vacation time and having to email/call your direct boss to take a sick day to Built for Teams, so it's a big improvement! Selecting which days to take off is easy.

Cons

I wish it were possible to set your standard hours in the office on a personal basis. The system appears to default to 9 - 5, but I work 8 - 4. This isn't a problem when requesting whole days off, but does get a little difficult when putting in for a half day or a doctor's visit.

Meagan thank you for your review of Built for Teams. We are so glad your organization ditched the days of paperwork and chasing down a boss to request time off. Using Built for Teams has no doubt saved so much time and headache for a lot of people! To respond to the schedule issue, Built for Teams actually does that the ability to set custom schedules for teams, departments or individuals. This is something your account administrator or HR department can handle. We appreciate your feedback and for being a loyal customer!

Using built for teams

I am not an administrator for this software, only a user.

Pros

Built for teams is easy to use to put in for own time off and to track and approve time off for my direct report.

Cons

I think the only thing I don't like is not being able to put in for portions of time outside of whole and half days. Sometimes it is just a few hours needed, but it isn't an option to put in for it like that.

Melinda, thank you for your review of Built of Teams. We are happy to hear you find the product very easy to use. I did want to point out, that each organization has the ability to determine the time increments allowed. Our settings allow for full days all the way down to one minute increments. These settings are controlled and determined by your account administrator. I hope that helps to offer some clarity for you. Thanks again for being a customer of Built for Teams

Very User Friendly

Pros

I love the calendar function which allows me to see what days my colleagues are taking off and helps us all plan our days off accordingly without overlapping. It is also a very user friendly system.

Cons

There isn't really anything that I don't like about Built.

Cindy, we really appreciate this review of Built for Teams! It's great to hear that the calendar feature is making it easy to plan your time off. Thanks so much for being our customer!