Bullhorn ATS & CRM Logo

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Recruiting and applicant tracking software

Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews - Page 5

1,005 reviews

You've gotta use BullHorn!

I will not work for a staffing company unless they use BullHorn CRM!

Pros

You can tag everyone and everything. You can text (new feature we got) your candidate and it tracks it in the profile. You can set appointments, tasks, follow ups, copy your whole team. Tearsheets are instrumental in building your pipeline. I

Cons

It takes a little time to be able to fully use the robust application, but it can be the best recruiter if you use it the way you are supposed to. Take the time to learn and you will always be a step ahead of the competition.

Bullhorn

Overall great product that gets the job done. In fairness I don’t have much experience with other CRMs but I don’t see a reason to ever switch.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to pick up the basics very quickly. Functionality and design across the platform allows users to benefit from the database from day one, which is very important during onboarding.

Cons

Sometimes the lack of customization was baffling but improved with the rollout of BH Novo. Also customer service isn’t the best, I felt like I knew more about BH, always very nice though.

perfect fit and value for our team!

our company took some time to vet a few different CRM Tools, and also lead data providers as we began our journey of starting a sales dept. we were advised by peers and professionals in the world of selling to look very closely at the products and find the best fit for our needs. bullhorn made an impression on us from the first call and demo. clean, clear software, with intuitive tools, and features...

Pros

user friendly, clean design, great features, very affordable, great value, blueprint tool for adding leads, great customer service, very supportive reps, quick add features make the management of new companies and leads easy, dashboard cards and data give great snapshot of details and actions required

User-Friendly!

Bullhorn is consistently improving their product, which is why they get a 10.

Pros

Bullhorn has a user-friendly interface with customizable features that made it fit our business. The CRM is perfect for the staffing industry and has helped our business improve with some of the available reports. Bullhorn Back Office completely changed our back office efficiency and eliminated a lot of administrative work for our Recruiters.

Cons

Some features are static that we do wish to customize. If the CRM becomes fully custom, it'll be perfect!

Customizable but Limited Efficiency

I liked Bullhorn for its ease of use, but there were some areas where they really fall behind.

Pros

Bullhorn is easy to learn how to use and makes many functions of the Staffing world easier--for example, you can add custom fields to Bullhorn pretty easily to start tracking new aspects of your business, and it's fairly simple to add candidates, parse data, etc. The reporting features are very helpful, provided your employees add in the data when they are supposed to. It's easy to filter out people and get the call lists you need.

Cons

Bullhorn's integrations with other software systems is a huge problem, as it decreases efficiency in the workflows. For example, although it can integrate with Sterling I-9s, it can't integrate with background checks. Even the I-9 integration looks sloppy and crashes a lot which adds many extra steps to your workflow. It always amazed me how hard it was to integrate with a phone system--even after...

BullHorn ATS review

Used it extensively with the past company for over 2 year, very easy interface compared with prior ATS used having a single window interface rather than multiple tabs needing to be opened. Not sure of price as another department was handling it but ex-employee have indicated being reasonable for both individual and ability to scale upwards

Pros

Simple interface, ease of navigation. No multiple windows to open and select

Cons

compared to the current ATS I am using (Jobdiva) ability to input years of experience for specific technology, Jobdiva also has something called Mapping for technology arena

I work for an IT recruiting and solutions firm. Bullhorn is our ATS. Use it daily.

I previously worked for a large staffing firm - we had a homegrown system that stinked. it was slow - would always crash and really demotivated you to want to log information. Bullhorn fixes that - the software is easy to work with and it works how it should.

Pros

How is links LinkedIn profiles to their pages within Bullhorn. And if I come across someone on linkedin - it tells me if they are in Bullhon. Also like that I can see if people have been "prescreened" and then look at those notes.

Cons

Logging of interviews - I don't like how it wants to send an invite for this. Additionally - I don't like that currently when I log in (my credentials are saved) I have to log in 3 times for them to actually take.

Bullhorn ATS and BBO User

Both the "Front End" (ATS) and "Back End" (BBO) of Bullhorn are incredibly intuitive.They have taken our recruiting experience to the next level. However, there is so much functionality that our users are not aware of. We may not be making the most of our investment.

Pros

Regarding the Front End / ATS: Speed - Bullhorn is lightning fast! Personalization - The fact that our users can customize their views and tracking is a wonderful and useful feature. Our recruiters can easily identify existing candidates in the database and match them up to the perfect jobs! Accessibility - We can access this software from almost anywhere! Regarding the Back End / BBO: Converting our New Hire documents into "electronic", fillable forms has been such an incredible benefit to our company. We have eliminated at least 75% of hardcopy paperwork.

Cons

There are so many options and uses for Bullhorn and I don't feel our company has been provided with enough training and tools to get the most out of this software. Also, the ability to customize reports is very limited (as to what information can be pulled, etc.). A Con on the BBO portion is that it is often glitchy.

A+A+A+A+F

Customer service and ease of use are outstanding what I can not find through the resource center you make it possible for me to understand through the customer support. I love the people. I love the product. If there is a feature not currently available you take it to the developers and low and behold you make it possible. Wow. Awesome product, awesome people. My number one complaint now is that...

Pros

AWESOME PEOPLE, AWESOME PRODUCT.

Cons

FINANCIAL - Financial is the side you really need to focus in on. PRODUCT/SERVICE IMPLEMENTATION - Implementation of new/additional services don't work well which is sad because I truly love the people and love the product. Care for current services is 100% perfect but implementation gets lost in the mix but the money is sure collected for services not rendered.

Best Applicant tracking system

Bullhorn is one of the main tools that we are using to track our candidates. It is also easy to use. One of the best tools I've used so far

Pros

* User friendly * Can easily track your candidates * Can organize your candidates in the same group * Can email the candidates directly using the software * Can be used for searching candidates * Can easily determine if there's duplicate candidates

Cons

* Has a lot of tools that makes sometimes the user confuse So far this is the only cons that I have for this software.

Bullhorn is at the top of the food chain for a reason

If your needs are straightforward and budget is not an issue, the Bullhorn is likely to make sense for your company.

Pros

Bullhorn is definitely a Grade A system, that's clear. It is reliable, and functionality is robust, as far as candidate funnel and reporting too.

Cons

The cons for Bullhorn are that a) it is expensive and b) it is not at all malleable unless you pay for a higher tier. Bullhorn is not the kind of system where you can just go around changing field names and colors and such - you do things their way.

Flexible ATS for elastic world

In general, Bullhorn offers a strong foundation with regards to an ATS platform that's easily adopted by your employees and customizable to fit your business needs.

Pros

1. Strong foundational workflow out of the box, that can be customized with ease when need be. 2. Highly intuitive UI that's easy to adopt for the recruiter or sales type.

Cons

1. The UI shows flashes of brilliance with certain aspects, but lacks uniform functionality across the board. 2. Base package goes the distance, but some needs and wants carry additional cost/spend.

Fetures/Functionality/Training

Overall I find BH to be a good product on the ATS side of the house. We just went live with the Back office. The one thing that stick out to me is that there are so many things that we want to do that will require a "Customization". I think that it is locked down too tight. An example would be that we can not apply logic....If this ..... then that. The reporting isn't very useful. I am HOPING that...

Pros

Export function. I wouldn't be able to run our office without it! It is easy to follow like an iPhone Support staff is great! Webinar/Training on new releases and features

Cons

Too many customizations Dashboard for ATS vs CRM Training on Back Office - VERY LITTLE, NO on-site training and staff was only given an overview 4 months before go live and no training when we went live

Bullhorn for job seekers

Extremely helpful to matching the right people with the right jobs.

Pros

As a business owner and resume writer, I work with recruiters every day. We work together with the Bullhorn Recruiting Software to ensure applicant resumes are written and formatted to pass through ATS systems as well as for tracking applicant skills, expertise and background work areas.

Cons

It not necessarily difficult to use; however, it does take some study and use of regularly to learn the varying screens etc.

Full cycle recruiting must haves!

Pros

If you are doing end to end recruitment, Bullhorn is the best applicant tracking system for you! This software is very OC in tracking candidates progress from pre-screen stage to placement. It is very detailed oriented in terms of documentation. You can send sms and emails inside bullhorn. You can manage tearsheets - allows you to sort candidates of the same profile in a group. It stores resumes of candidates and allows you to do sourcing as well plus there is a built in job board that allows you to access careerbuilder and monster.

Cons

Could have gone better if you can send sms more than 136 characters.

Comprehensive staffing software

Bullhorn is very comprehensive and has a lot of functionality for a variety of staffing industries but the cost is quite high, even for the functionality.

Pros

I like how easy it is to customize entity lists (sorting, filtering, searching) and add and remove fields and then export them.

Cons

Built-in reporting leaves a lot to be desired (building reports the pull data from multiple entities at once). It is also not easy to clean up the data (i.e. merge records and identify and correct incomplete or outdated data).

I appreciate the support and caring shown by the Bullhorn staff.

Pros

Bullhorn is a fully integrated ATS system that makes interactions with your clients and candidates easy. The best part of Bullhorn is that they leverage their partners and not try to develop everything on their own. This allows you to have the best of every application or add in.

Cons

I would like to see a better mobile option. Not having a mobile application is sometimes an issue. This can become problematic when you are out on sales calls and trying to conduct business and there is just no easy way to do it. Going to the website to login in is cumbersome and not very intuitive.

The move from Maxhire to Bullhorn.

Pros

I like BH's ability to track activity and the workflow visibility. The reports are very helpful for management, assuring workflow accountability. We came from Maxhire, where workflow was not visible.

Cons

Product: It lacks a universal search tool (multi-board search). I realize BH is working with a third party and has a tool in beta (I tested it); it's missing a few things (cannot attach resumes). It would be nice if a BH admin could customize a report for job activity for our weekly meetings. Vendor: Having access to tech support. Our tech support is handled by a third party, so it was difficult at times to coordinate BH support to work with our tech support since there is no direct access and every call has to go through the queue. During implementation and for special instances afterwards, it would be helpful to have direct access for special circumstances (we had some career portal issues with our web site after we were done working with our project manager).

Customer Review

Customer Experience Alert: Like any customer, we gave our notice to Bullhorn and reduced our number of users to 1 to adhere to the terms of the contract and ride it out with our 60 days notice. We followed their rules, kept the customer service reps informed and got the OK to reduce down to 1 user. Soon enough I look at my billing statement and they had charged us for more than 1 user. I called...

Pros

Ancient product with very slow response on system and with staff. Be sure to explore other options before signing up with them

Cons

Expensive, but with good cause

Bullhorn automates a lot of our processes. It saves my recruiters time which saves my organization money.

Pros

There is no better system for tracking candidates and recruiting in an internal database than Bullhorn. As long as you put in a lot of data on each candidate and appropriately link notes, there's no better platform to utilize for search.

Cons

Setting things up takes some time. If you don't partner closely with the transition team, things are going to get lost in the shuffle.

Long time Bullhorn User

Bullhorn provides a scaleable platform for small and large organizations which allows for a higher return on investment as your firm grows.

Pros

Since Bullhorn is written for the Staffing community the focus and attention to industry usage and workflows positions Bullhorn with a better OOTB experience as compared to a generic ATS/CRM that would require significant customization to get up and running.

Cons

As a legacy large system the streamlining of data sets could be optimized (people record consolidation).

Bullhorn is great!

Bullhorn ATS is easy to use and overall helps keep everything recorded and housed in one spot. As we say in house "If it's not in BH it doesn't exist".

Pros

Easy to use and great UI . It's also easy to customize and tailor to your company's specifics/processes. Great selection of marketplace vendors for easy integration of tools.

Cons

The indeed integrations is not available but pretty sure that's on indeed not you. Sometime connectivity issues occur but those are few and far between.

Refresher - Home Menu Options

I find it easy to use but neglect to use all the features it has to offer. ex: Your home menu option has 19 different choices you may select but I only really use 5-8 of them. Maybe a refresher on how these options can help me succeed in my role and the benefit of having it.

Pros

Efficient and easy to use.

Cons

Lot of options and having a video tutorial would be great or having a representative that is selling this software providing a refresher and sharing their knowledge.

Bullhorn - Staffing & Recruiting

Overall satisfied with my experience with BH. Easy program to manage my job orders and seems to work well with our assignments and onboarding team. Does what it needs to do and has a simple lay out!

Pros

BH is overall easy to use; It's a lot easier to search via job numbers. The systems is very straight forward; easy to make notes, comments, change requests, update job descriptions and details, etc.

Cons

The search functions aren't the most accurate when it comes to candidates. I also wish the system could calculate the bill rate once the pay rate is entered, especially for accounts with a specific markup.

Easy-to-Use CRM with Excellent Customer Support

I have been the Bullhorn Admin/Trainer at my last 3 companies. I find it to be a very user friendly CRM with all the tools that I need, and not a lot of frills clunking it up that I do not need. New users can be trained and brought up to speed very quickly. One complaint - reporting. The customization of reports is lacking, although I believe I could get better reporting for a fee.

Pros

User Friendly Easy to navigate Can quickly bring new employees up to speed Fast response from customer support Live Chat support functionality

Cons

Reporting