CakeHR Reviews

4.48/5 (210 reviews)

Stefan Wicki

Great

Reviewed 2017-08-04

For our company, it greatly simplifies the managing the holiday entitlement of our employees. Our employees appreciate the real-time view of their day-off and holiday balance.

Cake-hr for time-off management

Reviewed 2018-08-08

It's nice tool to solve a problem of availability visibility in the distributed team, easy to use. - easy UX and UI - convenient dashboard - ability to create different policies for various locations (if you have a distributed team it's fantastic) - integration with a google calendar & slack bot - custom actions to be done after a time-off request is provided - mobile app available

Olga Bogdzevica

The Potential of the CakeHR

Reviewed 2018-08-07

The CakeHR, although with some issues, has quite the potential, especially if the developers continue improving and updating it. Not to mention that it is cheap in comparison to, for example, same BambooHR and it also fulfills pretty much all the needed options. I was pleasantly surprised with the customer support that I was provided while working with this software: if you have any questions or issues - the support team will always answer you within a day and try their best to adjust the software's settings to your liking and if you still have any further questions - they will arrange a meeting to help you solve the problem. The CakeHR is especially convenient for those companies that are functioning within one country. However, even if the company has several branches located in several countries it is still not a problem. Although it can be a bit confusing at first with all these access levels and settings that you will have to think about - with the right tags and teams you will manage it just fine. The Cake is very convenient for employees in terms of usage: it is simple, understandable, and solves the problem with the time-off policies' usage tracking.

Natasha McFadden

Cake HR has removed the headache of having to keep track of each team member's time off requests.

Reviewed 2017-08-04

The software nearly runs by itself - as long as each user is trained properly. This allows the Administrators to focus on other important tasks.I like the ability to create custom time-off fields for employees and being able to see everyone's future time-off requests for planning purposes. The "reporting" is very helpful for managers to use during our annual performance review process. Being able to color code the time-off fields makes the platform attractive on both desktop and mobile. I love being able to store HR-related documents for easy access. The entire platform has made our HR processes more efficient. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE!! :)

Amanda Levin

CakeHR make PTO sweet and simple

Reviewed 2016-11-02

Working with CakeHR has been a dream! There interface is incredibly user-friendly and makes managing our PTO policies a breeze. Managers love being able to accept/deny requests directly via the email notifications, and our employees love having quick access to submit time on the mobile app. CakeHR is well thought out and designed, but our company has a few needs that CAKE does not directly meet. However, their support team is absolutely tremendous! They respond very quickly despite the time zone difference, they are always asking and open to our requests for features, and they immediately jump on any issues we encounter and resolve them with flying colors! Finally, we love the integrations with other apps and our IT guys love being able to use their API to sync employee data to our internal company pages, simplifying PTO for our employees even more. Credit/debit of days Set auto increase of allotment based on employee hire date Documents Section to store all our onboarding/benefits info Being able to edit/enter time off that has occurred in the past

Rachel Ann

Impressive, no fuss, tidy little package.

Reviewed 2015-10-30

I've been trailing CakeHR for two days. Below is my experience so far. What I really love: 1. In the cloud. We're a cloud based company ourselves so this is a massive plus for me. 2. Nice friendly UI. Easy on the eye, logical flow, nice modals, profile pictures for team members. 3. Can add additional Time-Off Policies other than Holiday & Sickday. 4. Can add Public Holidays that don't count as team holidays taken. 5. Can add Black Out days where no one can book holidays on certain dates. 6. Ability to hide certain tabs from team members like Benefits, Documents, Emergency etc. 7. Can hide calendar from other team members so they can't see who's on holiday etc. 8. Can add categories to Documents. 9. Lots of reporting! Bradford Factor & Employee Growth is a nice touch. 10. Can create teams, support team, dev team etc. 11. Ability for team member to log in and submit holiday requests. This isn't something I've enabled yet as I'm still trying out CakeHR however I can definitely see the benefits of this - less emails & notes! I'm not calling this list 'Cons' as I don't have any cons. The below points are suggestions: 1. I had to add each Black Out day individually. We have a 6 week period where no one can take holidays. Would be nice to have a start and end date ability here. 2. An app. How cool would it be to have a CakeHR app that you can approve/decline requests on the spot & see who's available on your team that day. I know I'd use it! Android of course ;) I really love CakeHR's approach to time off management and would recommend to anyone with no hesitation.

Gary Stevenson

User friendly and easy to use.

Reviewed 2019-01-28

Cake handles the things we use it for well. Tracking holidays, managing certain manually entered HR processes, but it lacks a lot of functionality which would be needed by an HR system.Well presented and easy to use for admin and for users.

Anonymous

Nice but too young yet :)

Reviewed 2019-01-18

Could be a good choice, but functionality has to be improvedUser friendly Flexible (at least in concept)

Liz Warriner

Cake HR is a very handy tool

Reviewed 2017-08-15

Shows how much holiday allowance is left in a straight forward manner. Very user friendly and simple to navigate around the site.

Mohammad Ibrahim

Fantastic easy to use leave management software.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-08-20

Our previous leave management was managed using spreadsheets and this has made things a lot easier.Very easy for staff to be able to request time off and for managers to approve these requests. The interface is laid out well and is very easy to use for both management and staff alike.

David Basulto

Great tool to strength you company culture

Reviewed 2017-01-25

An important part of our work culture is flexibility. Cake HR has helped us manage our time off, work from abroad, work from home, and sick days policies in a very easy way, without taking time from managers, and giving transparency inside the company.Easy to setup. Even gives you an organizational chart as you add everyone with their reporting lines. Integrates with Google Apps. Easy approval of time-off requests with one click from email. Dedicated customer support.

Anonymous

CakeHR has provided me with an excellent balance between feature and cost.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

As a small business and only two (2) employees I was able to find a cost-effective solution for managing my employees.It fulfils the critical requirements for managing Human Resource meaning a means for storing employee information , onboarding and offboarding features, time off management and a neat asset tracking module for assigning specific assets to employees.

Angie Kilgore

Get yourself some Cake!!

Reviewed 2019-01-18

AMAZING! Ease of use with the ability to jump in with little to no training necessary for our employees - it has just what we need without a bunch of side bells and whistles that tend to overpower other solutions. It just makes sense!

Rodrigo Dauster

An HR "silver bullet"

Reviewed 2016-11-16

We turned to CakeHR when we got to 9 employees. Until then we were tracking MyShowcase on a clumsy spreadsheet that was always wrong. From one day to the other everything was easy and clear. We've kept on using CakeHR. We now have 27 employees. Never have we done any training. CakeHR is super easy to use, new employees seamlessly get on with it. I strongly recommend it for any small to medium sized company.Ease of use Feature set fully meets our needs

Alina Saari

CakeHR is pleasant and hopefully it will be developed further.

Reviewed 2017-08-16

ToDo -lists and deadlines (e.g. Onboarding and offboarding activities are now under control.) Directories and archives (e.g. company assets and documentation) I like especially the look and feel of the software and that it works quite intuitively. Also, the dashboards are great.

Nereida Betancourt

Management of employee permits and other human resources tasks.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

A big problem that I have been able to solve with CakeHR is that I receive email notifications of employees' free time requests and approve or reject them by the same email. This has made things easier for me.What I like most when using CakeHR is the ease of registration and access; the function "history of changes made" to facilitate the tracking of changes in the data is very good; and when generating reports with a single click is wonderful.

Jahana Uchtman

Great for our agency of 25 people.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Total organization of our company's tasks and projects.The dashboard is my favorite feature. After about a year I have the perfect system set up to control all my own tasks while managing and overseeing everyone's tasks in the company. Timesheets are also great.

Nikolay Antonov

Good and very intuitive tool. Some country features are missing.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Intuitive tool. Employees like it . Good management workflow. Good ability to manage approves via emails.

Nick Mitchell

Human Resource As Sweet As Can Be

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-14

CakeHR is a great way for small companies to feel like they have the presence of a HR department. Although it doesn't replicate all the services it makes sharing information, organizing time off, and more easy for anyone to do. As someone who used it as an employee of a company, it made putting in time off requests easy and the customer support was fantastic the few times I needed to reach out.CakeHR is a system I've had to use as an employee. Being forced into a system can often be intimidating and confusing. Using it as an employee has given me the confidence I would need to use it as an administrator if I ever wanted to. The accrual system is fair and responsive and the scheduling and permissions of other users allows everyone to be in sync. For instance, I can see when my co-worker is planning Christmas vacation so I can ensure I'm not taking the same days.

Mark Turpin

An invaluable tool for our business!

Reviewed 2017-01-20

CakeHR allows us to ensure that our staff make the most of their holiday entitlement, track their achievement and manage to run a progressive, agile company without the need for a dedicated HR member of staff.Easy to use, great to navigate.

WELL-ORGANIZED; EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE, ORGANIZED PLACE

Reviewed 2018-09-20

I am astonished on how well-organized this software is. The feedback feature allowed our team to determine employees’ rates. Scheduling and Time Tracking features are punctual. It is easy to use. As a Human Resource Specialist, this software has removed almost half of the paperwork and stored it in one place.

Ross van der Pas

A brilliant app

Reviewed 2018-04-20

The support is really great. On the odd occasion I've missed functionality on the system I have been able to contact support discuss it with them and have it added to their development road map. It's easy to manage and mostly intuitive.

Cake HR

Reviewed 2015-08-05

Cake HR has been a huge help streamilining the PTO system at our preschool. We have around 17 teachers and the transparency of who is off and when they are off, makes my jobs easier. Teachers can see what dates are available and what are not, so I don't always have to be the bad guy!I really like the calendar and the upcoming two weeks schedule. I am in charge of scheduling employees and I try to do the schedule in two week clips, so it is an easy way to see who is off. I also appreciate that keeps a record of people's use of PTO. So I can look back over the past year and see the dates and reasons people have taken off.

Faïz Darib

It's a good tool !

Reviewed 2018-08-06

As I said Cake help us a lot to register holidays, goals, 1o1 ... of our employees. The only improvement area would be the availability of help when needed It's definitely a good tool ! It has a lot of functionalities.

Liana Cooklis

4SIGHT

Reviewed 2019-01-18

Excellent. I have to say the support group is exceptional!! They point you in the right direction and check in to see if you were successful.Functionality, ease of use and support. Note: just that line alone was not enough to allow me to go to the next question....