All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Calamari

Modern HR management, online leave and attendance tracking

visit website

Calamari Reviews

User-Friendly, Affordable, and Customizable

Our current HRIS/Payroll system doesn't properly accommodate our unique PTO policies, therefore we had to find an outside solution. Calamari has been wonderful. It was very easy to setup and we've had great adoption from our employees. They use the system every single day.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use and how the customization. We have unique time off policies and teleworking policies. The system can accommodate all type of policies.

Cons

The sync or integration with Google was a little challenging. We had to contact the support team a few times to get it fully integrated and working properly. However, the support team was responsive and helpful.

Brief after 6 months of use

Not that good, but not bad.....I see it as product which is developing, so will wait to see till end of the year are there any improvements.

Pros

Useful product with lot of integrations and useful features. Simple and clean without crowded features icons etc.

Cons

USABILITY! As a person who use various web applications on daily basis for decades, I find not that intuitive position of some buttons and especially on large screens my "pointer travel time" to reach click button is long. Also, just by adding some minor improvements usability can be better. Proposals: - implement possibility that user choose font (or change font, it might be personal taste, but...

Great, easy and very helpful product! Now I can not imagine how we actually

Pure market analysis

Pros

Calamari helps my company handle holidays. It allows me to easily control, monitor all absences and what is really helpful helps me to decide if I should accept holiday request, when someone in my team had requested and this request has been already accepted! That is the core functionality for me :) I really love integrations that Calamari provides me! At first: GSuite (by Google) - I do not have...

Easiest Software to use

I do enjoy using Calamari. It is easy to learn how to navigate around the system and all employees know how to use it with ease. It is very self explanatory, pleasant layout and I can adjust employees holiday settings or absence requests very quickly. Support is excellent and always available for me to contact him. I like the calendar which gives a simple but quick overview of my company whereabouts. It doesn't take much admin time to set up a new employee or archive an employee.

Pros

However, Kamil is a great help, very patient when I suddenly get called into a conference meeting and is always willing to support and understand your needs.

Cons

The only down side is that it only has holiday and absence on there and nothing else. It would be brilliant if Calamari explored the market and expanded the systems functionalities such as adding a performance management section, recruitment section and incorporated all HR jobs into one system.

Leave Management Made Easy

Hassle-free leave and attendance management system with always smiling customer support team.

Pros

As a startup, I was looking for a perfect solution for leaves and attendance management. By using Calamari, you can approve your employee’s leaves from your fingertips. And every detail you need is available on their dashboard.

Cons

Having issues sometimes with the attendance management as the beacon system doesn't work with us well yet. Hopefully, they will fix it in future as I have faith in them.

Simple, easy to use time management system!

Simple to use software to easily manage schedules, PTO, and accruals.

Pros

We love Calamari! From new users who find the interface very simple to use from administrators who can customize teams, approval flows, weekly schedules, accruing PTO, and reporting, Calamari does it all! There are always new updates which we are loving and find them super easy to implement and make our experience even better. Highly recommend this product!

Cons

The only improvement that I would suggest would be to allow the employee list to be sorted by your preference. Such as the ability to put the last name first; Smith, John.

Thanks, we really appreciate your feedback. Happy user is the greatest reward!

Tracking Leaves made easy

Leave Management has been made really easy by Calamari, both for the employer and the employees.

Pros

Calamari has been a great tool for managing the leaves of our workforce. It's been a pleasant experience using it! The support team is also excellent and promptly solved all the problems that we faced in the beginning. Pretty flexible to accommodate all leave types.

Cons

Not much to say! I couldn't think of any suggestion for now.

Calamari - a great tool

We are using calamari for about a year and are happy for this switch to paperless mainly for the reasons mentioned in the Pros section and also to be able to have all data in one place. In overall, a great tool!

Pros

We like that calamari syncs with Slack and the Google calendar, which gives the whole team a good overview of who´s at the conference, on vacation, working remotely etc. Also, the approval system is easy for managers as they can approve or reject requests via slack. The tool is easy to use and intuitive. I´d like to point out the super fast, friendly and excellent technical support team, namely reps who are always happy to help :-)

Cons

Sometimes downloading reports at the end of the month is slow.

Reliable, Use Anywhere in the World Boss tools

Great the times I had questions support was fast, the app works across all platforms, and accessible anywhere

Pros

Its straight forward interface, even fixing employees times is easy, and the automation of the overall software is great, work hours, breaks, vacations, even after hours time tracking is easy, makes payroll fast

Cons

I only have one definition of what works and what doesnt work and Calamari always WORKS,

Useful feature and prompt customer care support

We can precisely track the working hours and each employee can organize his/her time. We use it for holidays, home office, working hours, special holidays requests.

Pros

It covers many fuctions and it is flexible in case of special working hours conditions or special holidays requests. We use it for example for the normal holidays as well as for home office, unpaid holidays, sickness of the child of an employee, spcial days off due to a master or a course, etc.

Cons

If a contract of a employee changes during his period at our company (for example from a 40 hours contract to a 32 hours one), it is difficult to modify the terms in Calamari. It is possible though, so it is still fine.

Calamari is a modern and easy to use program for managing absences at work! :)

Pros

We were looking for an HR solution for me, and we already find it! No documents, no signatures, no waiting for decisions. The system makes communication much easier, especially when the office has several locations. Employees have the calendar, they see the absence of their colleagues in other offices and this is a huge plus! It's good that you can configure everything for your business - add vacation...

Cons

Sometimes it is not possible to end the work day correctly, I have to do it manually as an administrator.

We are happy with our decision for Calamari as our Absence Management tool

It improved absence management and leave transparency significantly

Pros

Calamari is easy to implement, administrate and use. The customer support and the flexibility of the team is outstanding. The tools is feature rich but clean in design. New features and improvements are added on a regular basis and the roadmap is made transparent. Integrations to google, slack or other tools are in built. Customizing to specific needs is possible. Calamari increased management and transparency on absence/leaves significantly.

Cons

Nothing in specific. If something was missing or did not work as intended we always found a quick solution

Thanks Ulf! We love to work with Mindcurv :)

Calamari is very easy to use, is transparent and our employees love this software.

Pros

Transparency, choice between different groups and the approval flows. Easily adding new employees to the system and editing employee data. Easy transfer of data into excel tables. Modeling the types of absences is very easy and transparent. Everyone is equally accessible. We like the quick response of the Calamari Group!! We recommend this software to all types of companies!

Cons

The price could be slightly more optimal, otherwise it is OK. We would like to have a chance to insert collective holidays, to put all employees in the calendar at the same time. However, the Calamari group always helps.

Thank you Anja for a great review!

Excellent value from Calamari!

Excellent value and customer service. Would absolutely (and have) recommend this product for small businesses on a budget.

Pros

This software has everything we need to manage our time and attendance smoothly. It is also an excellent value considering other softwares on the market. Customer service is excellent, responsive and implements new ideas with a willingness to make their users happy.

Cons

Reporting could be expanded....but maybe it’s already in development.

A very user friendly system, for both young and old

Smoother HR in leave application and approval and also reduction of paperwork and head count in HR.

Pros

Calamari is an easy to use HR system, with easy and simple setup for any organisation. It convenient and easy to access as it is a web-based system. The system can cater for both local and international organisation with option to customize according to the country's holiday requirements.

Cons

They still lack in their mobile application but they are improving with each update. They have bug fixes off and on but their customer service are swift to tackle the bugs in the software.

Hey Aaron! It has been great to work with you. Thanks to your suggestion. We are in touch! Ewelina

Great Value Remote Time Management Software

I enjoyed it and will continue to use it.

Pros

Great value for the money, easy to learn, easy to manage

Cons

Could use more functionality, such as "batch editing" of employees so that I can select 10 employees at once and edit them all to the same "schedule"

Incredible level of service

We were using a spreadsheet to track employee leave before we switched to Calamari - we're a small organization, so the spreadsheet worked for a time, but this was a huge upgrade. It has everything we need and more to keep track of leave. Very easy to use, and I love the incredible level of support they offer. Can't wait to check out the time tracking upgrades they are planning to roll out.

Pros

The customer service is some of the best I've experienced. I took a video tour when I was considering the software, and the person who helped me with that was great, following up with me and going out of her way to make sure I had all the information I needed. The software is easy to use, and if you get stuck they are happy to help you out. They also do a lot of the setup for you, which is wonderful. The pricing is very reasonable, and the leave tool is more than we need for our small organization.

Cons

The time tracking software didn't have all the features I was looking for at the time I was comparing tools, so I only chose to use Calamari for the time tracking tool. I want to reevaluate next year though, because they are adding more features and it'd be great to have everything all in one place.

Great product with potential

Pros

Easy integration with Office 365, support for multi-region teams, basic reporting capabilities

Cons

Bad integration with Calendars - only exposing calendar data. My strong recommendation would be to implement the functionality of 'managed invites system' which would: -Send the invite (representing vacation time range) to the persona requesting time-off + to his manager (or to anyone defined in the settings) -This invite would then be completely managed by Calamari: it would get edited if time-off...

Great program! Has helped me keep track of everyone's leave and overtime. Excellent customer service

Pros

1) Pretty easy to figure out and set up in the Clock-in module. 2) Excellent support! For things that weren't so intuitive, the Calamari team was more than willing to assist. 3) Once I figured out how to set up our vacation accrual things were great! 4) Very accommodating in adapting the program to meet my needs.

Cons

1) Tutorials and knowledgebase could have a few more examples of different scenarios that the administrator might encounter when setting up more complex leave policies. That being said, the Calamari team was more than willing to guide through anything I wasn't sure of. 2) Wish there was a way to set weekly work hours rather than have to set specific working hours daily. For e.g. I have part-time employee who doesn't necessarily have to come in at any set time each day, they just need to log a certain amount of hours each week. (Calamari team indicates they are working on it) 3) Wish the program better facilitated employees who switched from part-time to full-time without having to make an entirely new profile for that employee. (Calamari team indicates they are working on it)

Why Moonstone appreciates Calamari

So far, we at Moonstone are all enjoying Calamari. The initial set-up was fairly easy and ongoing changes are super easy. Logging PTO can be tricky for some of our employees when they're only requesting a few hours a day, but nothing to stop us from using the tool

Pros

As we began reviewing software to meet our PTO tracking needs, Calamari stood out as an easy to use web-based tool. And when we began implementation we discovered even more benefits than we were previously aware of, like the ease of modifying entitlement at the click of a button! And it's so easy to modify a single user's accrual policy, and audit all user's monthly allotment.

Cons

The biggest issue we faced when implementing the software was my assumption that the integration into Jira also included Jira Cloud, this is not the case so we're using both systems simultaneously and have to perform a few manual tasks at the end of every month.

How Calamari makes our work easier

We've been using Calamari for 4 months now. It's easier to plan work and manage absences since then.

Pros

Calamari has everything you need to manage attendance efficiently. 1. Fisrt of all you can configure it according to your needs. For example I have created 13 approval flows for leave requests. Other solutions I'd tried before Calamari allowed me to create up to 4. During the whole set-up process I had an impression it was custom made. Unbelievable. 2. When you see absence calendar of all employees it is so much easier to plan work 3. You can add as many types of absences as you need 4. It is possible to integrate it with Jira - our Project Managers just love it! It makes their work much easier 5. There's a mobile app. 6. Reports - essential for payroll team, the board and HR 7. Calamari Team - fantastic and very helpful professionals 8. The price! Great value for money

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment.

(Not an HR expert but...) Calamari is a very user-friendly and well-featured HR platform

We've found Calamari has met the needs of our business from being an easy thing to adopt as a start-up to being a well-featured product suitable for us now we've grown to 25-30.

Pros

Slick dashboards, good feature set, great customer support.

Cons

Tracking worked hours can get a bit messy with flexible working hours and lunches, especially in cases like booking half day holidays. It's a hard problem to solve though, I'm sure!

Calamari Review

Pros

This software has been extremely helpful and has saved me a large amount of time on a regular basis. I love the calendar feature where I can see everyone's leave at the same time and also look at leave for each department individually. I also think the comments feature for each leave approval is useful when looking at an employee's leave historically. I would definitely recommend this software to others. It was also very easy to launch and most of our employees have found it easy to use.

Cons

Initially, I was very excited that Calamari has an app that can be used as well, however as as administrator I have not found the app very useful. I prefer to use the website on my phone than use the app.

Calamari is user-friendly, intuitive and their support is incredible!

Calamari helped our team automate the PTO request and approval process, eliminating a lot of manual work.

Pros

A couple of features that really made a difference for us were the integrations with Google calendars and Slack. The reports available for managers and administrators have also been a big help for our team! Customer rep did an amazing job with setting up the account, and he really helped us customize items that were important to us. In addition, the Calamari team was able to build and change a few features that were essential to our team. It is clear to us that this platform is always evolving, and that Calamari is committed to delivering what customers need. We are very happy with what we have seen so far!

Cons

The only thing we would really like to see is an integration with Google Team Calendars. We rely heavily on Slack to warn teams about absences, and unfortunately, this is not something that can be done via Calamari at this time.

Thanks Tatiana for this stellar review:) and as you mentioned at Calamari we are committed to delivering what customers need.

more channel for question clarification

experience is good.

Pros

easy to use. very user friendly. good service on supporting on purchasing.

Cons

Technical support. but minor things need to be improved: 1. Functionality: leave application - can't modify application submitted to the system. (feedback you are under development) - easy to continue with default leave type(eg: annual leave is the default type). expected: default leave type is NONE, it's up to user to select. 2. Technical support Any question clarification have to reply on email, if call can be set up or video conference (similar like conference before purchasement) will be more helpful.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.