Calamari Reviews

Calamari

Modern HR, online leave and attendance tracking

4.68/5 (310 reviews)

Ulan Janse van Rensburg

Jack of all trades for HR in the SMB market

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-05-06

For a small company that I run on the side, this is really a breeze to use if you compare it to the Heavier pricey Competitors. I have had an easy experience and the learning curve was also easy on this. I have no studies in HR and had to help my HR person through the process.

Pros
I can start of buy saying it is well priced! You can plan and track all types of vacation, sick leave, paid time off, in and out of the office board, and you can do it all digitally. Most of the Employees work remotely and or from home, with that being said; working out paid hours is easy and quick. Resource management/planning is an easy when using it in the Calendar view. It is the Jack of all trades HR program, but master of none.

Cons
There are Hidden functions and Features to this program that is Hidden away. I f I do not explore or come across it by accident I wouldn’t have known. They could maybe put some extra tool tips or guide into Calamari that recommends, shows, suggest functions to show us it is available to use. I don’t know about the features, I do not know about.

M.Y. Pang

Excellent customer service!

Reviewed 2018-03-29

We can easily track and see the attendance of staff.

Pros
The app and user dashboard is very user-friendly. Always listen to customer needs and put into action to support and fulfill such needs.

Cons
Some incidents where user clock-out but the system didn't capture the records. This likely happens to our Android users only.

Jill Cosentino

A simple and elegant solution for our PTO / Leave management

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Visibility for managers to track time off.

Pros
I like the simple and elegant UI, it integrated to Google Suite and Slack with ease. My colleagues giggled about the name and had no idea what I was talking about at first. The designers liked the logo. Awesome customer service!

Cons
It doesn't seem to show true YTD absences, only all approved (which can be in the future). But they seem to constantly roll out updates, so I'm sure it will be possible in the next month or so.

Sherri Laboon

Calamari

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Positive.

Pros
The ability to have employees request leaves online. The ability to track leaves, receive weekly notices reminders of employees out of the office.

Cons
Set up is a little tricky at first, however support is fairly responsive. notes They are not in the US so there is a time delay to getting a response.

Response from Calamari

Hi Sherri! Thank you for your feedback, we've recently extended hours of support availability - feel free to check it :)

Jeff Johnson

BEST choice for employee vacation tracking !

Reviewed 2017-05-08

Pros
Great fully automated solution for simple employee vacation tracking & management. Saves me time so i don't have to worry about manually calculating holidays , accruals, and tracking employee vacation activity in a spreadsheet. Everything is calculated by the system and i get an email request when an employee wants time off. Perfect ! Employees appreciate the ability to check their own accruals and qwickly make a vacation request without completing forms. Simply click and submit. Employees like the Calamari mobile iphone application also. Highly Recommend Calamari

Cons
Setting up my companies vacation accrual formulas for different employees was a challenge, but Calamari Tech support was quick to respond with the solution and had me running the same day.

Response from CHROBRUS

Jeff, thanks for a great review.

Paula Kocjan

We are glad that we decided to use Calamari as a non-presence management tool in Right Hello

Reviewed 2017-10-03

Pros
1) Calamari's team offers a effective and quick support 2) its very intuitive and user friendly 3) has integration with google calendar, what is very usefull for us 4) You can keep track of all the hours employees work, holidays, sick leaves. Good solution for a small/medium company :) Works very well!

Cons
We are happy with the product, but it might be better if there were more useful reports and more detail on the report.

Jeta Krasnikji

the best software for requesting time off

Reviewed 2019-05-28

with Calamari we save time in administering PTO and calculating days used and remaining days as well as accrual days. Shows a clear and fast report for all requests.The transparent calendar and the administration of days off removes our miscalculations and mistakes and not updated calculations which were a big problem for our company before.

Pros
The software gives you a very organized overview of each employees requests for day offs. All the employees have an easy access to ad their request, it is an extremely user friendly software that also allows you to download the app and use it from your cell phone. the majority of the employees like the calculation of the remaining days and the calendar that is transparent for all employees so they can plan their duties and vacations ahead.

Cons
Allied Trucking of Florida is highly satisfied with Calamari.

Jessica Beye

Perfect Software

Reviewed 2019-05-31

Pros
Easy to use, the app is very intuitive. The design is good and simple

Cons
Buggy sometimes at the beginning, but it is now better

Piotr Wroczek

Very good tool to manage

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
Has all the functional options You can immagine and in the same time is not very complicated.

Cons
Could be more intuitive and user friendly. Don't get me wrong, it is good, but just I like least this aspect.

Dorota Zaborowska

Useful and convenient way of registration working time

Reviewed 2017-05-05

Pros
Calamari is very useful and convenient system of registration working time. I love its way of applying for leave. I love how it is integrated with Slack and that it uses iBeacons for automatical logging worktime. Customer Support is quick and exact. I would love to use Calamari in our company (and I think soon we will - when it will fit all our needs).

Cons
Calamari doesn't fit all our needs yet. For now, it doesn't have projects integrated with Jira Tempo and it can't export data to our account-HR system (Comarch OPTIMA).

Response from CHROBRUS

Thanks for the feedback! We're working on improvements on the Jira TEMPO integration recently.

Adam Jurek

Awesome clockin tool

Reviewed 2018-08-07

Pros
It simplicity. It can be maintenance-free for workers

Cons
The mobile app is very poor it could implement more web functionality

Anonymous

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Wonderful! Our relationship with our representative, Ewelina, is beyond great!

Pros
I like that this program works across multiple countries and allows you to customize so much. Not every feature that we need has been able to be accommodated, but the Customer Service team has gone ABOVE and beyond to help us get to where we need to be or make suggestions to get it close.

Cons
Some functionality changes can take time, but that is a given.

Magda Radzaj

Very helpful in everyday work!

Reviewed 2018-08-17

Pros
The software is very easy to use. The layout is very readable. Calamari has managed to accumulate many functionalities needed by every employer. Support Calamari fulfills its duties sensational!

Cons
Do not occur. Each problem was solved professionally and efficiently.

Cristina Portasa

"Excellent Costumer Service"

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Pros
It's a friendly user application, easy to navigate yourself through it. Additionally, they have an amazing costumer service team always willing to solve any issues in a timely manner.

Cons
Lack of flexibility in terms of amending an already approved leave request.

Roland Geng

Recommendable

Reviewed 2019-05-29

Pros
calamari is very easy to use. runs almost bug-free.

Cons
Missing: timesheet report, group by month and employee.

caterin diaz

Great app!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-09

contacting customer service is pretty easy and helpful, they are very quick responding and they are always willing to help you! had a talk for about 2 hours where they guide me through all the software

Pros
easy to adjust your company's preferences and the mobile app makes it accessible for all your employees

Cons
it has a loot of features, that some times it is a bit confusing so you will need someone ( in my case) to help you to understand it.

Tina West

Awesome Product

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Keeps us all very organized

Pros
I researched for a long time to find a program that can organize my team. The system is easy to use and the app is great for my users.

Cons
It takes a little bit to get used to beacuse of it being European and days are different in Canada

Joanna Więcek

Friendly and easy to use

Reviewed 2019-08-02

Pros
It is easy to use and intuitive. You can request absence without logging into the system. Has integrations with the most popular software.

Cons
It's not translated completely - type of absences are still in polish. There might be a short description for absences.

Bernhard Aichinger

Absolute perfect!

Reviewed 2017-07-31

Pros
Easy to use - covers every business-case for clockin and leave Perfect support a lot of integrations There've been some problems, but they've been sold within minutes from the support

Response from CHROBRUS

Dear Bernhard, We love to hear such nice words. You just made our heart smile! :D Most warmly, Ewelina

Jahiezer Indriago

one of the best solution for PTO in the market

Reviewed 2018-06-17

Pros
this app integrate others functions on my cell phone that make me have very precise control of the day activity, even when i am in home. It is very easy to use and the design is very pleasurable to see

Cons
I have a couple of problems when i run the app in my android device (works great in IOS) i could not record some info. And though i like very mucho de dising, some times te appp its not totally intuitive

Julia Markiewicz

excellent leave management system!

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
* Easy to setup * Intuitive dashboard * Extremely useful for leave management for teams in different countries * Really helpful support team (Customer Success Specialist)

Cons
* More features for mobile app (attachments, calendar, availability)

Response from CHROBRUS

Hello Julia!

Thanks for a feedback, actually we are working on new features and improvements every day :) :) Eg. attachments from the mobile app are available now.

Anonymous

Made time management and team tracking easy

Reviewed 2018-08-31

Pros
As an office assistant, I was also tasked to keep track of our team’s presence for meetings, team building events, company assemblies, office seminars and other company official get-togethers. Calamari helped me track attendance and time in and out of everyone part of the team. I have also suggested this software to our HR officer for tracking leaves, absences and others. The software is easily learned and easy to navigate. Integrations are possible with some other software which makes it easier to monitor attendance.

Cons
Not much to complain about at this point in time.

Irina Roventa

Excellent

Reviewed 2018-10-01

Implementing Calamari in our organisation was the best decision. The approval process is much more efficient and colleagues love it.

Pros
Calamari is user friendly and has a very nicely designed interface. It has many features and you can easily tailor it to your needs. The team is always very responsive and willing to improve the program.

Cons
I am still waiting for some small fine tuning but nothing to complain otherwise.

Rachael Garcia

I honestly haven't had any problems with Calsmari. Easy to use. Very inexpensive.

Reviewed 2018-03-19

Pros
It's super easy to navigate. Foolproof. Simple. My rep is super helpful, friendly and patient. My employees love it. It's seriously as easy as clicking a button. Anyone can use this software.

Cons
I wish there was a way to see more of the GPS feature. It's hard to know exactly where the clock in/out is because it only shows a small area. I also wish there were representatives in the US for quicker help.

Krzysztof Werner

Simplicity, Best customer service, Great price/quality ratio.

Reviewed 2019-01-31

One and only app which have so fast and helpfull customer service. It's always on time and can implement any needed functionality almost immediately.

Pros
It's simplicity in combination with ensuring all user's needs.

Cons
Its design could be better but this is a secondary matter.

Response from CHROBRUS

Thank you Krzysztof!