All categories
Calamari

Modern HR management, online leave and attendance tracking

visit website

Calamari Reviews - Page 3

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Very friendly and useful to manage absence

Thanks to Calamari we could manage easily our absence time and inform all members of the team when we will be available or not. This helped us to better plan our team tasks and solve potential misunderstandings.

Pros

It is the first app to successfully manage absence time considering different requirements and options. It joins rich functionality with relatively simple interface. Bonus is to have app on a mobile device.

Cons

Mobile device app could be more functional.

Great cloud software

I use calamari leave software since 2015. As IT company I was thinking of developing my own leave module to manage employee absences. But calamari came just in time and saved me money and stress of developing my own tool. Calamari has all I want and need from leave management system. It is easy to use and continously equiped with new features and enhancements. And their technical support is just great. I wish other software supliers were so fast. One remarkable example: I had an issue on 31st of December. A few hours before New Year's party. I have posted an issue to calamari team and even didn't expected to have any answer before 2nd or 3rd of January. But I got an anwer within 30 minutes!!! Just great! I really do recomend the software.

Pros

easy of use. Fast technical support if needed.

Cons

Thanks Daniel! We are thrilled working with you, and other customers from Poland! Happy customers are the greatest reward!

Calamari Review

Excellent - it has been very easy on myself as admin and my staff.

Pros

Compatibility with Slack, nice and easy to follow user interface both for users and for admins

Cons

N/A - generally speaking the software does not have any major issues on my end, and I am able to have my questions/queries about the software easily answered at all times.

Calamari for an HR Consultant

Overall its been a pleasant experience and i know there is more room to grow such as the GPS tracker should apply to breaks and be able to click on the map rather than just a snapshot of the location.

Pros

For our company i found Calamari a simple easy to use application to help track employee attendance. The application is simple to install and link with GSuite which is an asset for us without having employees go through a sign up process. Leave requests are to the point and being able to edit/remove/add erroneous entries is a big plus.

Cons

My main issues is with the lack of flexibility regarding report exporting as the information is dumped into an excel sheet without having an option to include/exclude certain data. Furthermore, breaks should have the option to either include in the total hours worked or deducted automatically as it happens that employees forget to use the app when taking their breaks. Also its important that any administrator that does any changes to an entry should have their name indicated or logged as the modifier.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Such a great company to work with!

All great!

Pros

Ease of use is what really sold us! Also it works across different countries and keeps us all connected on when someone is out of office. There are so many customizations you can do to make it even easier.

Cons

The only thing I think that could improve would be more demos on using the product better.

Works

Pros

Overall once you understand how to use it, Calimari is very straightforward to use

Cons

It would be nice if the price was a little bit less, there are other packages that do not cost as much

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Calamari makes it easy to approve and submit time off, and their reports are great!

The customer service at Calamari is top notch. They are fast in responding, efficient and very eager to help. They take suggestions to their product team, and during our time working with them we had one of our suggested features be incorporated into the platform. Their reporting capabilities are also incredibly useful, and interface is very intuitive and user-friendly. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

Calamari has integration with Slack, which was a big selling point for our team. Being able to submit requests, and approve/deny straight from Slack made the process so much simpler! Also, reporting was a feature that we used heavily as a company.

Cons

We would love to have seen a team calendar integration with Google, instead of having to login to the platform. Our team relies on Google calendar very heavily for meeting scheduling purposes, and a team calendar integration would have been super helpful!

Calamari for Managing Employee Leave

We were finding that the administrative time required to track employee leave was becoming burdensome. So, we set out to search for a leave management system that would help us automate some of the processes and provide reporting as well. We are very happy with our transition over to Calamari. I have reached out to the support team with questions and always get a quick, friendly, helpful answer!

Pros

Calamari makes the entire process of managing employee leave much easier from an admin perspective. We can now refer to our Calamari team calendar and know which team members will be out of the office and when. Calamari gives us a more formal method of managing leave. Where before, we would search through emails to find out when a request was submitted and who approved it, everything is now in one place. The feedback from our team has been overwhelmingly positive with many employees saying that it's so much easier for them as well!

Cons

I have not found anything that I don't like about this software.

Thank you Laura, it's a really valuable review.

Calamari positive impression

Pros

It is a very intuitive software, easy to understand and use, and quite complex.

Cons

There are some features missing and need workaround. For example, there's no possibility to delete hours or when needing the balance, you have to go back through the entire calendar to the date you started using. Some reports are missing too.

Edenhurst Capital review of Calamari

The customer service is excellent and the system is easy to use

Pros

The software is incredible simple to use for employees and admin, the interface is clean and intuitive.

Cons

There are a few leave accrual options not included, eg. accruing leave over a 1 year period as opposed to annually. I use a simple work around and allocate a future accrual on the day required but it is extra admin and can fall down if I forget

Keeping track of vacation is a real pain! Calamari has really helped us in this task.

Pros

Calamari makes it very easy to keep track of vacation. They are very responsive to questions and are always updating the software.

Cons

Setting up your initial vacation protocol for employees can be confusing but Calamari is helpful and will set it up for you if you tell them what you want it to do.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

A must have for every company

I can't imagine not having a tool like Calamari when running the company.

Pros

Very easy to use for end users. Superb integration with Slack and Google Calendar. Mobile app has everything I need. Does not require much administrative work.

Cons

Initial setup is a little bit complex. But I guess it is due to the complexity of the problem, not the software itself. But there is a great support, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Great Product!

Every holiday, working remotely, sick leaves or confrences are added there. We can count how many day off everyone have left, or how long he is in company and celebrate anniversary together. Also if you will set up notification and approval flows, it makes everyone who should know about someone absence will be notify.

Pros

There is almost everything you need in software like this

Cons

It can take a little time to be up to date with every option, but it is managable.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

A better virtual environment for attendance management.

Pros

The application can be very useful for perfectly save everything. Calamari helps to manage staff attendance. Unique login credentials are used and access to the database is limited, therefore it helps to maintain an accurate record of the check in and check outs of the staff on each working day. It also has added features for keeping a track and record of the staff working hours. A further demarcation can be made to specify who was at which duty during which hour of the day. This can then be analyzed to make progress reports. Thus, It is an efficient tool for effective time management of the team.

Cons

It becomes useful for the marketing teams of various departments but for small-scale businesses, the pricing might be a bit too much. The customer care and guidance are very limited.

Well crafted software!

Pros

In general, the experience is high level, for a long time we were looking for a solution that will feets with our needs. Calamari team is always open for new solutions.

Cons

Configuration of acceptance processes and different types of absences might be more user-friendly

Hi Mateusz, thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is important to us. I just wanted to let you know I shared your opinion with the team to make your life easier ;) Best wishes, Ewelina

Great Product!

Excellent, we love using Calamari to manage our employees' PTO.

Pros

Easy to manage PTO from the administrative dashboard and simple for employees to request PTO.

Cons

The balance of time off can be confusing for employees the way it is laid out.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

It could be a great product

This has been a very good product and it serves our needs but there are major shortcomings in the calculation of entitlement which has been frustrating and unresolved for many months

Pros

The GSuite and Slack Integration is a great addition and were part of the primary reasons for choosing this application. The interface is simple to use and the product is highly configurable to the business need.

Cons

Reporting of entitlement availability is only accurate when an employee has no future leave booked, otherwise the true amount must be manually calculated. It does not take into consideration what the future accrual will be when leave will actually be taken. Managers should also be able to see the entitlement breakdown for all of their staff at any point in time.

Excellent tool!

Pros

All functionalities are available, useful for usage for any country ! And what is most important - it is very intuitive! I recommend 100% !

Cons

Report - Changes vs. last month could be useful for payroll purposes :)

Calamari Review

Pros

It is very user friendly, has a good asthetic, and is easy to educate company employees on the functionality, benefits, and accessibility. My company also uses Slack and the direct connection into Slack is very appreciated.

Cons

The annual subscription fee is higher than ideal, but overall given our current company size and set up, it is not the end of the world.

Good for PTO Accrual and maintenance

Easy to use, relatively inexpensive, and does the job.

Pros

Easy to use, full calendar available for everyone to see

Cons

Cannot change the carry over amount from year to year since it affects ALL YEARS. Reporting can be better.

Basic Review

Good so far specially customer services

Pros

Ease of use and user friendliness. The color and overall look and feel

Cons

Dashboard can be enhanced plus alot of HCM features can be introduced

Perfect for our startup

I've been using Calamari for almost 1,5 year, and I had maybe two questions to customer care to ask (and they solve them in a few minutes). Perfect for our company (<20), we mostly use it for absence tracking.

Pros

Easy to navigate, easy to use for both management and employees.

Cons

I remember I felt a little lost in the beginning, but just going through tutorials made a change and showed me how helpful Calamari is.

Thank you Paulina for a great review!

Review for Calamari

Our experience has been great with Calamari and the customer support has been very efficient and helpful.

Pros

I like that employees can simply clock in and out via slack or through the site. It allows them flexibility.

Cons

What I like least is the fact that we cannot edit the timesheet report before it generates and select which categories we'd like to pull into the report. Example: Hours worked, Breaks, & Overtime only. I also do not like that we cannot tailor our overtime calculation to be over 40hrs in a workweek vs what we have not which is over 8hrs in a work day.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Useful tool, but room to improve

Pros

tracking working times and breaks is very easy

Cons

sometimes the tool is limited, e.g. to track working times if an employee leaves work early due to sickness (the total is not correct then as you can't choose the correct absence time)

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

It's good, but some things might be better

Pleas look at the cons

Pros

It looks good and it is an easy handling

Cons

I don't think it's so good that calamari is not automatically calculated in entitlement for overtime and vacation day, as for example in homeoffice days. And it would be nice if you could automatically set lunchtime. so for example, every day 30 minutes are automatically deducted for the lunchtime.