Calamari Reviews

Calamari

Modern HR, online leave and attendance tracking

4.68/5 (310 reviews)

Luka Juri

Intuitive and effective, needs more flexibility.

Reviewed 2017-08-11

Easy time management and control of presence/leave of employees, plus user satisfaction from the whole team.

Pros
A great easy to use graphic interface. It requires very little preparation and users can start working on it almost rightaway.

Cons
It still needs some improvement in the Leave module, especially concerning breaks and paid leave, which should have the ability to be left open and its duration defined by clockin and not in advance.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jennifer Tyler

Great for managing time off and remote work

Reviewed 2019-07-29

We really like the software and it meets our needs. Will continue to use!

Pros
We have really enjoyed the ability to link the vacation calendar to our personal calendars. I can quickly see if someone is out on vacation or working remotely. This is a great feature that was one of the main reasons we picked Calamari.

Cons
Toggling back and forth between the timesheets and vacation sections of the software.

Grzegorz Bednarski

okts okay but no app for boss

Reviewed 2018-12-06

counting moth raports is okay, planing is okay.

Pros
stable and work with no problems. Clock in on tablet is great option.

Cons
not using friendly Evidence scrollbar to view time of working hours, specialy on mobile phone its not using easy. There is no app for boss to see hours - when i pay every day i would like to check in easy way who works for how many hours. i must log in by browser - its very hard to do.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kacper Gugała

Outstanding Customer Support

Reviewed 2019-02-08

70 employees. The old process - 1 decisive person, days/weeks for any response and approval and a ton of additional work. Paperwork. After implementation: Semi-automated process, multiple teams, everybody has access/knowledge about their teams.

Pros
There are a lot of functions and some very useful features such as a "dropbox" styled space to share sensitive data with the Calamari team. Extremelly good Customer Support (actually probably the best I ever encountered). Had to contact them 3 times - all three times it was stress free, the team was helpful, had great understanding of the system and responded within minutes.

Cons
Generally the software is close to perfect. There are a few functions missing which I might like, but each company has a different structure/needs.

Anonymous

Made my life in HR much easier

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
Ease of use and the fact that the support is very quick and to the point with their replies.

Cons
Sometimes its a little complex to set up the more advanced features like approval flows or employees from different markets.

Karolina Gumowska

Calamari - software that helps every day!

Reviewed 2019-08-01

I'm using it every day as a regular user and as a admin. It's really easy to use and explain to new users how to! I'm able very fast to check many information like absence of workers or planned holidays.

Pros
It's really easy to use, but in the same time you can take out a lot of information from it.

Cons
Nothing coming ot my mind. If i don't like something I Call support and they are always open to improve system.

Ma¿gorzata Kuwa¿ek

I never heard of Calamari. It turns out to be perfect for our needs :)

Reviewed 2017-06-13

Pros
From my point of view the biggest advantage is that each employee can set an individual holiday calendar. Comments and attachments are also useful - all in one place. It is great to add individual types of absences

Cons
It would be useful to calculate wages and some kind of reminder about planned increases or renewal of contracts

Response from CHROBRUS

Thanks Ma¿gorzato for a great review, we really appreciate that!

Patrycja Kasperkiewicz

Perfect

Reviewed 2017-04-11

Pros
Everything works as it should. In the end is everything orderedNice contact with support. I have no objections. I recommend

Cons
I have no regrets. Everything is ok. Maybe I would have lowered the price gently....................

Maria Acevedo

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-07-29

We need to keep track of how many employees are in the office daily, weekly and monthly. Calamari has helped keep track of that.

Pros
It is easy to use! Overall, whatever you need you can find by navigating through the system.

Cons
I would like to pull reports for just one employee for the duration of the time that we have used the system. It breaks it down in weeks and that can be tedious. If I want a report, I want it to be fast and simple. Sometimes, the system will stop working for people and it does not clock them in at the right time. Not often but it has happened.

Duncan Johnston

Simple to set up and use. Does what it says on the tin

Reviewed 2018-01-02

Less time spent managing staff holidays! More time to do other things

Pros
Simple to manage and maintain with good API's. It takes no time to manage once configured and users find it simple to request leave.

Cons
Initial config could be a little clearer some of the options can be confusing on first use, that said i dont work in HR so it might be clearer to someone in this role

Elie Jammal

Great Tool

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Pros
it is a very convenient tool for both sides, the user and the administrator. the employees can request their days off from their mobile app and their supervisors can do the same when accepting/rejecting the request. Being a construction company, we used to face some problems particularly with this as many of our employees would be out of office and on their sites. Making us rely on phone conversations, print outs delivered late or text messages. With the mobile app things really got easier and the control is on another level.

Cons
The mobile app could need some development. Not all features available on the web are available on the app like the calendar for example.

Anna Reszela

Calamari is very intuicial and easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-12-01

Pros
Has integration with google calendar, what is very usefull for us. Great and flexible costumer service. The Calamari system is easy to use and navigate both for the employee and employer.

Christie Brown

Excellent Leave Time and Clockin App

Reviewed 2018-10-19

We needed a software app that would allow employees to view their various leave banks at any time, and easily make/approve requests for time out of the office. As for some employees leave is tied to hours worked, and we offer several different types of leave with different accrual rates, we had complex needs, for a small company. This app met all our needs, and more importantly, it's EASY TO USE, even for those who are not as comfortable with computer systems.

Pros
This software was easy to use on startup, easy to teach to my team, and now that they're all on it, very easy for them to use.

Cons
I guess in some cases this software might not have enough features. For us, a small nonprofit that just needs to track timesheeets and how those interface with leave time banks, it's a perfect fit.

Andrea Cosentini

Easy Leave Management for organisation workforce spread over the globe

Reviewed 2019-08-16

Pros
Ease of use Great fit for organisation with employees in different regions / countries Quick to interface with other systems

Cons
There's really nothing that we didn't like so far

Artur Owczarek

Excellent managing tool

Reviewed 2018-12-06

We're finally managing - days off - all 'b-days' of our wonderful staff - managing the absence calendar is a great feat which helps planning work with other co-workers which helps running projects smoother than ever

Pros
Apart from alI the functionalities that Calamari has to offer, I greatly appreciate the clarity of the user panel.

Cons
So far I haven't found a downside. Sorry :)

Henrietta Bernstein

It has made the tracking of our PTO in the office easier.

Reviewed 2017-07-19

Pros
I like having all of the PTO accruals and information in one place where we can look at our meetings as we are planning and staffing.

Cons
I do not have any complaints at this time. I wish that I had Calamari earlier to help minimize prior manual efforts of tracking the company's PTO information.

Response from CHROBRUS

Henri, thanks for the warm words, we really appreciate it!

Steve Shwartz

Good product

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-07

Pros
For the most part, easy and straightforward to use though some of the UI is counter-intuitive.

Cons
When a new employee starts mid-year, I haven't been able to figure out how to start them with a pro-rated amount of PTO

Paulina Szczepkowska

Excellent

Reviewed 2016-09-22

I am the Calamari system administrator in our company. I use it every day. Calamari app develops and adds new features that we need. The service always dissipate my doubts. Support service is always fast and accurate. Calamari works great for me.

Camila Medeiros

User Friendly

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Calamari has been our everyday saver, we are able to see everyone in the calendar as far as working from home vacations traveling for business EVERYTHING.

Pros
User friendly Google integrated Everything you need in one software app for iPhone/android users

Cons
Do not have any cons so far/ Works wonders

Anonymous

Functionality is fantastic, but their customer support is amazing & really sets them apart!

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Pros
- It's very easy to integrate it into our current tools. - Lots of tutorials and guides to help you set up and use the platform correctly. - The customer support is up there with the best I've ever received. When we experienced an issue, they were quick to respond and delved right into the issue with us to get the bottom of it but to also help us set our company up correctly so as to get the best best from the product. Ewelina was the Calamari team member I dealt with and she really went above and beyond.

Cons
As with any new tool, it does take a little time to familiarise yourself with, but it's laid out very well so you can quickly get used to it.

Scott Guenther

Calamari is great!!

Reviewed 2019-07-29

From the start, the people at Calamari were very helpful. They are always there if we have any questions at all. It's made our vacation and offsite work scheduling a breeze. It takes care of all of our calculations of how much vacation or sick time is left. We love it!

Pros
It's easy to set up and use, and intergrates very nicely with Google Calendars

Cons
Nothing at all. We love everything about Calamari!

Gino Magnotta

Excellent Leave Management software. Note that the Clockin module is not used.

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Excellent. They made the transition easy and helped to implement the one-off transition work. Their service when you need guidance is superb.

Pros
Integration with Slack and Office365. Highly configurable and easy to use.

Cons
Some of the on-screen instructions and prompts could be a little bit clearer, but it isn't a significant issue.

Jennifer consorti

Efficient

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Fantastic experience. We're a small company who doesn't really have any tracking system for monitoring absences or leaves, do this has helped immensely.

Pros
I liked how more efficient it made us as a whole, the interface is mostly easy to use and the design is nice.

Cons
Can be a little complicated to customize the entitlement feature

Scott Guenther

We've loved working with Calamari. It's easy to use for both admins and users

Reviewed 2018-02-07

We don't have to deal with any paperwork when dealing with time off. Employees can easily access how much time they've used and how much time off they have remaining.

Pros
The simplicity of requesting and approving time off is amazing. Having all of our time off syncing with a google calendar has really been wonderful. It's simple to set up, the customer service is great.

Camille Doany

This software really helped solve a problem for us. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 2017-08-08

We are a small firm, and cannot afford to maintain an HR department. This software completely solved all employee management issues. From following working hours, to keeping track of vacation days and sick days. It is simple to use, and quite powerful. I was able to adjust all settings to my country's needs, including holidays, weekend days etc... Now I can always keep track of everything regardless of where I am.

Pros
It covers all our needs. I can keep track of all employee working hours, vacations, sick leaves, and it's all easy and clearly documented. For a small firm like ours, this software is a must.

Cons
There's very little that I don't like. Except that the signing out/in via mobile devices doesn't work for at least one type of device.