All categories
Calamari

Modern HR management, online leave and attendance tracking

visit website

Calamari Reviews - Page 4

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Good but still something to work on

Calendar of the company - People that are online - counting hours

Pros

Easy to use - accessible on multiple devices

Cons

It's possible to install it on older Android, but it crashes without the possibility to know why On Mobile devices, it's no possible to see timeline and edit the past days and I have to go to desktop webapp - why? I need to add a break which I forgot and I can't

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Great affordable app for Small and Medium business to easily manage staff leaves

We have implemented Calamari ~6 months ago and it allowed both employees and manager to track people leave a lot more easily than just using spreadsheet and accounting software which not everyone in the business has access too. We got rid of the leave forms thanks to Calamari and just that was a big win as it tracks everything and is still easy enough to manually override when required. The phone app showing your current entitlement is loved by our employees who used to never know how much leave they had available. It's also very easy to request and approve leaves thanks to it. However, more functionality on the phone would be welcome, especially for managers and admins. For the price point, we consider Calamari provides exactly what we need and has excellent customer service.

Pros

- Simple to configure - Easy interface - Mobile app for request/approval - Office 365 integration

Cons

- Layout of some areas like the calendar could be improved. - Phone app needs more functionalities. - Granular admin role required (currently either employee or full admin).

Comprehensive

Pros

The reporting and easy to access features

Cons

some of the reportings are not accurate or could be more comprehensive

Great Time/attendance tracker

Great...no issues at all and continues to improve product!

Pros

Great value for the money and easy to use.

Cons

A little tricky at first to set up accrual policy

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Please, choose Calamari. It helps them to develop the app rapidly

Very good application to manage people absence. A source of information of free days for the people. Very useful.

Pros

The app is very easy to use. Good and comfortable integration with another software.

Cons

Colours only nothing else :-)

Wonderful app! easy to use! very helpful!

Pros

this app solve our hr problems! its very intuitive and help us always. all the team its very helpful and resolve any doubt we could have. Integration with google or office its very good Works very well!

Cons

None, we are very happy with the product and has no complain. Keep working in that direction! Thanks

Hi Michel! Thanks, we really appreciate your feedback. You just made our heart smile! ;D

A fabulous system for nearly all of your HR needs

Pros

Great UI, fabulous customer service, easy to use from a team setup and approval process, and it now include a lengthy list of 3rd party integrations such as O365 and JIRA etc. A must have in the workplace!

Cons

There could be some better intergration with JIRA but there are multiple systems out there and it's hard to cater for all items. A public roadmap would be amazing!

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

make it easy for your user or employees

helping user and control user, leave management report man hours

Pros

User interface design is a friendly. Easy create user by import from G-Suite account. Can be use on any devices and anywhere.

Cons

we need more flexible generate reports and more detail on the report. the price a bit height for us. Need some variety such as reward for who 0 leave or reward system creative.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

A very helpful clock-in solution

Pros

iBeacons is for us the TOP functionality, you literally forget about clocking in and out, our employees are really happy about that.

Cons

maybe some parts of the Administrator interface could be easier, but it has a lot of functions so it has to be difficult to keep it that simple.

Calamari

Positive.

Pros

The ability to have employees request leaves online. The ability to track leaves, receive weekly notices reminders of employees out of the office.

Cons

Set up is a little tricky at first, however support is fairly responsive. notes They are not in the US so there is a time delay to getting a response.

Hi Sherri! Thank you for your feedback, we've recently extended hours of support availability - feel free to check it :)

Calamai dans notre ASBL

Pros

Outil facile d'utilisation, fonctionnel, design sympa.

Cons

RAS mais malheureusement cet outil ne s'intégrait pas à notre logiciel de paie...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

the best software for requesting time off

with Calamari we save time in administering PTO and calculating days used and remaining days as well as accrual days. Shows a clear and fast report for all requests.The transparent calendar and the administration of days off removes our miscalculations and mistakes and not updated calculations which were a big problem for our company before.

Pros

The software gives you a very organized overview of each employees requests for day offs. All the employees have an easy access to ad their request, it is an extremely user friendly software that also allows you to download the app and use it from your cell phone. the majority of the employees like the calculation of the remaining days and the calendar that is transparent for all employees so they can plan their duties and vacations ahead.

Cons

Allied Trucking of Florida is highly satisfied with Calamari.

Jack of all trades for HR in the SMB market

For a small company that I run on the side, this is really a breeze to use if you compare it to the Heavier pricey Competitors. I have had an easy experience and the learning curve was also easy on this. I have no studies in HR and had to help my HR person through the process.

Pros

I can start of buy saying it is well priced! You can plan and track all types of vacation, sick leave, paid time off, in and out of the office board, and you can do it all digitally. Most of the Employees work remotely and or from home, with that being said; working out paid hours is easy and quick. Resource management/planning is an easy when using it in the Calendar view. It is the Jack of all trades HR program, but master of none.

Cons

There are Hidden functions and Features to this program that is Hidden away. I f I do not explore or come across it by accident I wouldn’t have known. They could maybe put some extra tool tips or guide into Calamari that recommends, shows, suggest functions to show us it is available to use. I don’t know about the features, I do not know about.

Perfect Software

Pros

Easy to use, the app is very intuitive. The design is good and simple

Cons

Buggy sometimes at the beginning, but it is now better

Excellent customer service!

We can easily track and see the attendance of staff.

Pros

The app and user dashboard is very user-friendly. Always listen to customer needs and put into action to support and fulfill such needs.

Cons

Some incidents where user clock-out but the system didn't capture the records. This likely happens to our Android users only.

A simple and elegant solution for our PTO / Leave management

Visibility for managers to track time off.

Pros

I like the simple and elegant UI, it integrated to Google Suite and Slack with ease. My colleagues giggled about the name and had no idea what I was talking about at first. The designers liked the logo. Awesome customer service!

Cons

It doesn't seem to show true YTD absences, only all approved (which can be in the future). But they seem to constantly roll out updates, so I'm sure it will be possible in the next month or so.

"Excellent Costumer Service"

Pros

It's a friendly user application, easy to navigate yourself through it. Additionally, they have an amazing costumer service team always willing to solve any issues in a timely manner.

Cons

Lack of flexibility in terms of amending an already approved leave request.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Reliable, easy to use, user-friendly software that helps save time

I introduced Calamari (Leave Management only) to 2 companies, every time the process was smooth and support was really friendly and consumer-oriented. Calamari is a tool that, once set up, just works. It saved me and my colleagues a lot of time and headaches when we counted days off for each employee in a spreadsheet. It's foolproof and people got used to it very quickly. Both companies had simple and straightforward policies for days off and Calamari fits in wonderfully.

Pros

+ intuitive, simple to use + helps save time + super friendly and helpful support + modifiable acceptance flow + mobile app

Cons

Overall, I am very happy with everything it has to offer and the way it's designed. I never felt it's missing something.

Recommendable

Pros

calamari is very easy to use. runs almost bug-free.

Cons

Missing: timesheet report, group by month and employee.

Great app!

contacting customer service is pretty easy and helpful, they are very quick responding and they are always willing to help you! had a talk for about 2 hours where they guide me through all the software

Pros

easy to adjust your company's preferences and the mobile app makes it accessible for all your employees

Cons

it has a loot of features, that some times it is a bit confusing so you will need someone ( in my case) to help you to understand it.

BEST choice for employee vacation tracking !

Pros

Great fully automated solution for simple employee vacation tracking & management. Saves me time so i don't have to worry about manually calculating holidays , accruals, and tracking employee vacation activity in a spreadsheet. Everything is calculated by the system and i get an email request when an employee wants time off. Perfect ! Employees appreciate the ability to check their own accruals and qwickly make a vacation request without completing forms. Simply click and submit. Employees like the Calamari mobile iphone application also. Highly Recommend Calamari

Cons

Setting up my companies vacation accrual formulas for different employees was a challenge, but Calamari Tech support was quick to respond with the solution and had me running the same day.

Jeff, thanks for a great review.

Awesome Product

Keeps us all very organized

Pros

I researched for a long time to find a program that can organize my team. The system is easy to use and the app is great for my users.

Cons

It takes a little bit to get used to beacuse of it being European and days are different in Canada

We are glad that we decided to use Calamari as a non-presence management tool in Right Hello

Pros

1) Calamari's team offers a effective and quick support 2) its very intuitive and user friendly 3) has integration with google calendar, what is very usefull for us 4) You can keep track of all the hours employees work, holidays, sick leaves. Good solution for a small/medium company :) Works very well!

Cons

We are happy with the product, but it might be better if there were more useful reports and more detail on the report.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Friendly and easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. You can request absence without logging into the system. Has integrations with the most popular software.

Cons

It's not translated completely - type of absences are still in polish. There might be a short description for absences.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Useful and convenient way of registration working time

Pros

Calamari is very useful and convenient system of registration working time. I love its way of applying for leave. I love how it is integrated with Slack and that it uses iBeacons for automatical logging worktime. Customer Support is quick and exact. I would love to use Calamari in our company (and I think soon we will - when it will fit all our needs).

Cons

Calamari doesn't fit all our needs yet. For now, it doesn't have projects integrated with Jira Tempo and it can't export data to our account-HR system (Comarch OPTIMA).

Thanks for the feedback! We're working on improvements on the Jira TEMPO integration recently.