Cezanne HR Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.49/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

A really fantastic support team who are always a delight to work with and will always go above and beyond to help their clients.
I think it provides good value for money for our size of business, so I would recommend using it. The appraisal elements are especially good.
The system is super easy to use and the support team are a great way to get the most out of the system.
Low flexibility and missing of notification (by email) for users.
Compared to the extreme needs my company had, it was sometimes too rigid. The fact that is totally in cloud means that when you are offline (e.g. on a plane) you cannot work on it.
Some customisation in UI (colours) might be difficult to use for some users.

SH

Sam, HR Consultant

Cezanne HR Great for Small Businesses

I was searching for an HR system that would fit the needs of a growing business of c90 employees. There was no current HR system in use so this meant I had a lot of flexibility in what I could consider as a solution. I began looking at all the systems I had used in other companies, however, I soon established that the providers of such systems were only really interested in big costly solutions for...

Pros

It is easy to use and offers a lot of functionality. The user guides are easy to follow when setting up Cezanne HR. It is a stable system and doesn't crash and it is easy to navigate and use.

Cons

Batch uploading existing data in to Cezanne can take a couple of attempts.

EH

Eileen H.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Happy overall

Overall my experience has been really good. As I get to know the system better, I realise just how good it is and all the things I didn't even know it could do. It continues to positively surprise me.

Pros

I like that Cezanne HR constantly striving to improve and make the system the best it can be. They take customer feedback seriously and listen to suggestions from people using the system on a daily basis.

Cons

It's great that there's always someone at the end of an email and there's never any problem arranging a 'go to meeting' with the most helpful staff, however I'd like to just be able to pick up the phone and speak to someone sometimes, especially for those times when I just had a very quick question.

GS

Georgina S.

Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

Not the best

The system was hard to customise from reporting to access levels which made using it take a lot longer than it needed to

Pros

The system allowed employees to request and monitor their own time off

Cons

Pulling off data was very difficult and could involve pulling off several reports and splicing them together to get one good one

Hi Georgina I am sorry to read that you are finding the reporting difficult. Have you been in touch with our UK support team? They'd be more than happy to help you. If I can help in any way, please let me know. Kind regards

DB

Deborah B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Very good system

Cezanne has really transformed and improved the way we manage our employee data. The transition from manual tracking to Cezanne has been smooth thanks to their excellent customer service. The platform is working really well for our business and I would recommend it to businesses with similar challenges.

Pros

Very good to manage employee data Easy to navigate Different types of reports and analytics User friendly Excellent customer service Data protection and security

Cons

Password rule too complicated and can be limiting Some rules/processes in the system could be more straight forward Should be tailored so there are 2 categories of people: permanent employees and contractors/freelancers which will allow for better tracking and management

CS

Colin S.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Good for HR but not for users

Pros

It allows a comprehensive system for HR management and other staff management services needed within business.

Cons

The system can run very slowly resulting in basic tasks taking longer than normal to complete. Not a user friendly interface unless robust training provided.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Cezanne HR. We are obviously very concerned to read that you’ve experienced performance problems with the system. We constantly monitor and regularly increase the system’s resources to ensure that response times are fast. Did you experience a temporary problem that is now resolved? If not, please let me know as we’d be keen to work with you to investigate why you are experiencing what appears to be uncharacteristic response times. Also, we are currently working on a refresh of the user interface. Would you be happy to participate in our client research? If so, please let us know.

TR

Tayisha R.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Happy user

Excellent

Pros

Letter merging Notifications Pdr Form hub Reporting function Back end of the system Process flows Importing and exporting of data Zen desk and overall support

Cons

Understanding the range of the system and all that it can do is a challenge. I don't feel that I am utilising the system to it's full capabilities.

GC

Gintare C.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

1st year product and customer support review

It has been absolutely fantastic! There hasn’t been a single case when I was not able to receive a solution to my questions. I am also grateful to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for offering the best solutions to fit our case(s) as I am not always aware of them myself, so thank you very much!

Pros

A single package with different functionalities (e.g. absence, onboarding, performance management) in one place. Customisable and automated with an option for setting notifications.

Cons

The setting up, as I felt and still feel I am not always able to do it by myself, despite of the available guidance online.

LB

Lauren B.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great Customer Service, great value for money and easy to use

I would highly recommend this system.

Pros

I have used a number of HR Information Systems in the past and this is by far the best in terms of capability, cost and customer service support. The pages load quickly and data can be exported easily. It does everything I would need it to do and if I'm ever unsure if it's possible I contact my dedicated advisor , who is always more than happy and quick to respond.

Cons

The initial navigation as a HR user was a little tricky for me at the start, but there are many HR guides available and customer support at hand to assist. I now wouldn't want to go back to any other HRIS.

DF

Dionne F.

Love, Love, Love Cezanne HR

I was searching for an HR system that would fit the needs of a small growing company of around 65 employees. There was no current HR system in place and everything was spreadsheet driven. I looked at HR database I had used in past, but I soon established that these wouldn't suit our company. Cezanne has made life so much easier, It's made us work much more efficiently as well enabling Managers to respond...

Cons

Hi Dionne Thank you so much for your review of Cezanne HR. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. From all of the team at Cezanne HR.

HA

Harold A.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and great customer support.

Overall an excellent HR program.

Pros

Easy to use, excellent customer support, good reporting system, mobile app and meets our organizations needs.

Cons

Sometimes not very intuitive when trying to change/modify certain parameters (administrative level).

HZ

Helena Z.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Cezanne Review

New Employee onboarding module should help solve a lot of paperwork

Pros

Customer service has been good through the support system

Cons

Quite Hard to make employee changes at times

HP

Hayley P.

CHR Review

Our initial training session was not overly productive however we were introduced to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been a breath of fresh air She is responsive, helpful and extremely knowledgable. Nothing is too much for her.

Pros

Onboarding portal and recruitment integration

Cons

Some of the terminology is not clear as it is based on American terms

VD

Vicky D.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Happy user

Cezanne is an extremely helpful tool which assist me in my every day HR tasks

Pros

Easy to use There are a lot of options Help me in my every day tasks

Cons

Sometimes I am quite confused with the multiple options

Cv

Chantal van der Ende-Appel

very useful, great look and feel, great support

Buying Cezanne is possibly the best business decision of 2013. We started without training because we were rather anxious to get going and we were hoping it would be largely self-explanatory and 'organic'. We weren't disappointed: even without training, the basis can already be created and implemented. However, of course, Cezanne has so many great features that for some a little training is helpful and those trainings are clear, friendly and useful. Even though Cezanne hasn't been around for decades, we're often pleasantly surprised by how complete and thought-through it is. However, they're not afraid to change, learn and improve and every idea is taken seriously. Customer support is without exaggeration the best we've ever experienced.

Pros

Great look and feel. Self-explanatory. Exceptionally great customer support. Clear training. Very complete. Customizable to a large extent. Automatic calculations (monthly to annual salary, fulltime to parttime absences, etc) are precise and handy.

Cons

The only thing I can think about is that we would like the option to hide fields that we won't use.

HG

Holly G.

51-200 employees

Amazing customer support!

An awesome service, with great people on hand to answer your questions.

Pros

The functionality is fantastic, it's been really useful for all staff members and has massively streamlined our processes.

Cons

Because there's so much the system can do there is a lot to learn - luckily the support staff are always on hand to answer your questions.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 employees

It's been very good so far and once it's rolled out to all of the company it will be extremely effective

Pros

Once you get to grips with it, it's simple to use. The online support are quick and responsive. The personal information features and absence features help to keep track of employees in various locations.

Cons

Some additional features could be useful as the company expands however, these are in the additional package

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of Cezanne HR. We are delighted you are finding the solution useful. If you have suggestions for how we could improve the service even more, please share them with the support team - or post them in the ideas section of the support portal. We add new features virtually every month, many of which are suggested by clients. Thanks again. The team at Cezanne HR

MM

Miriam M.

Used other for less than 6 months

Terrific customer service paired with great value for money and intuitive utilisation

So far we are mainly using the administrative functions but these have already improved the management of our data so much! Despite the fact that we have so many company specifics, we have found a solution for the majority of them. Looking forward to getting started on the performance module. For a company of our size and possibilities I can definitely recommend it!

Pros

Very intuitive for users good value for money customer service: extremely nice, fast and efficient support (not only during sales period but also since we started the contract) so far all promises have been kept possibilty to add requests and upvote other requests in order to develop/implement new features

Cons

Some limitations (after all it is a pre-defined system which is very affordable) that require work arounds no onboarding process / module (yet) TOIL for us is currently complicated, waiting for a new release at the end of the year that hopefully solves this issue (note: also due to not using the time keeping module)

ML

MJ L.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Cezanne HR good baseline system with a lot of potential

Was pleasantly surprised by the product with good clean dashboards and very easy to use. Worth watching over the next year as it further develops its workflow capability.

Pros

Clean user interface, professional looking and you can include your brand. Fairly straight forward admin setup and excellent user support. Nice internal communications and compliance doc tracking.

Cons

Only a few workflows available at the moment. ie admin need to update fields in various areas to record promotion correctly. I understand this is on the roadmap.

CD

Carlo D.

Media Production,

Cezanne HR - amazingly complete tool

Pros

First of all the fact that it's the most complete tool i ever used. You can manage all features in a very smooth way, connecting information and managing all process' on the same software pages. And in case of any criticity, i always have an available really useful, effective and kind dedicated customer care agent.

Cons

Sometimes there's the lack of scheduling notification through emails to users.

HS

Hamira S.

Philanthropy, 11-50 employees

CezanneHR Review

Pros

CezanneHR is so much more advanced than our previous system. The possibilities for improvement in functionality are very positive. The support team are extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Some areas are restrictive and inflexible, but the team really listen to customers and are always considering ways to improve.

TT

Tracey T.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

The support element of the system has been invaluable to me

Paperless absence requests

Pros

The ease at which staff can book absences, the system has been fully embraced by all the staff in such a short space of time

Cons

The uploading of data information and setting up users - quite fiddly and would be required to be completed by an IT proficient user

SO

Sharon O.

An impressive solution for HR!

Cezanne has given my client the opportunity to revolutionize the way that they manage many of their day to day HR function releasing professional resources from time consuming tasks allowing them to focus on value add activities to improve business performance. The implementation was very smooth and the post implementation support outstanding and the fabulous bonus is that the system just keeps improving! The process for listening to user feedback is impressive resulting in a quick response in developing further functionality based on user feedback.

LV

Luke V.

Media Production,

Excellent, totally comprehensive Online HR solution

Pros

It's really well-thought-out and covers every conceivable area I have ever needed to run our HR functions. Also, the customer support is first class.

Cons

The interface and UI could be a little more intuitive, but I know they are taking feedback on board and working on a new interface in HTML 5 at present.

IS

Image Source

Cezanne HR

Our data upload into Cezanne HR went extremely smoothly and the subsequent on site one to one training was very helpful and productive. The Cezanne team have been really excellent at helping assist with any queries we have had and we are looking forward to completing the performance/objectives section before rolling out to the team before the end of the month.

S

SHL

Cezanne Review

What Esme says is spot on. I've been working with IT solutions for over 30 years and this one is excellent. It is extremely sophisticated giving you all that you want but that means it does require thought and time to set it up. But once you've done that, you're away.