citrusHR

Easy to use, powerful HR software for UK small businesses

citrusHR Reviews

Michelle H.

Straight forward and easy to set up and maintain. Customer service is outstanding most specifically from Ike and Jade, their prompt responses and action to all of our queries.

Savvina A.

Andy R.

Cons

Other than that there's nothing I can think of that is missing.

Michelle H.

Sarah T.

Citrus HR are unable to amend the system, when requested by their client but sell the product as 'we can make the system suit your organisation and change settings accordingly' This is NOT TRUE.

Jamie-lee H.

4.6

Integral to how we run our small company's HR - easy to use, saving significant time and money

Pros

The whole of the company uses Citrus regularly whether to request holidays, signal time out of the office or claim expenses. We use the system to handle a host of other situations, whether it's maternity leave; time off in lieu; salary changes; goal setting or running appraisals. The ready-made HR policies have proved especially helpful for us as a small business - before using Citrus, we had a mix of documents, with a number of gaps and out of date information. Having a complete set of legally compliant documents which can be adapted to fit our needs is an important, reassuring benefit. Finally, Citrus provides excellent support from HR professionals for those occasions where we need advice regarding more serious issues.

Cons

We've fed these ideas through to the Citrus team and they have responded well to changes being made to the system.

Easy to use and support staff were fantastic at setting company up and very patient with my queries.

Have already recommended Citrus to other potential users and two have ordered as far as I know!

Pros

Easy to use system and company staff records are kept up to date. Citrus excellent at keeping us informed of legislation changes and implementing where required. All support staff are very helpful when you phone with a query and quickly sort things out. HR advice very professional and easy to access consultants if required.

Cons

The system does not print out a summary sheet of all staff and does not print summary sheet for holiday leave being requested - this could of course be me and I have not found it yet!!! Will ask

Difficult and challenging

Pros

The support team are very friendly and try their best to help but unfortunately the 'system' does not allow such basic changes to be made, meaning the support team are not necessarily able to help with such requests.

Cons

Citrus HR are unable to amend the system, when requested by their client but sell the product as 'we can make the system suit your organisation and change settings accordingly' This is NOT TRUE! Unfortunitly due to this fact I have to keep other files and records on my computer, meaning all our HR files and documents are not all in one place, which is why I signed up in the first place.

A great team who are very responsive and easy to work with

One home for all HR matters

Pros

The software is in a very easy to read format, well laid out with each part easy to access. The ability to switch between team members to update records and save documents is simple and user friendly. The team find it an extremely useful and visible tool to use to record all contract and HR matters

Cons

Because the system is so comprehensive it is not always apparent what documents are contained on it. Some of the more detailed HR documents are generic and to bespoke these to a company approach is time consuming

Easy package to use, with good features

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to train others on how to use the software. Covers a lot of the functions we used to use with paper records

Cons

You do have to monitor if annual leave allowances are correct. Sometimes there can be a glitch in the system and incorrect balances are shown. Citrus HR are able to access the system and correct these however.

Overall the experience has been good, the software does what we need it to.

Pros

Being able to record holidays and absences online has been really beneficial. It has saved me countless hours spent on spreadsheets.

Cons

We did like to see some improvements in the reports feature. I would like to see a universal report that has all the information you need in one place.

From the initial sales call to the HR support & Getting the system set up, Citrus have been amazing

Pros

I love the ease of use, it's so simple to navigate around. The visual aspect is great, it's very inviting and the whole team like using it. Being able to see the weekly/monthly calendar view with icons is so handy. Being able to record assets is a great feature so we don't have to do this elsewhere. Breadth of policies is also a plus point for a small business like ours,it's saved us so much time having these available.

Cons

I'd like some online checklist features for new starters that I can use dynamically. Other than that there's nothing I can think of that is missing.

User-friendly software which reduces paperwork

Pros

The software has some great features. It is easy to navigate and keeps us organized. Employee files are easy to view and keep up to date. Staff handbook under the documents tab is a good feature. It's great to be able to store all our documents and policies in one place.

Cons

A to-do list/set your own reminders feature would be useful for the business owner, senior administrators and managers.

A pleasure to work with

Pros

Cons

There is a minor glitch within the contract template feature but Ike was very quick to report to the technical team and they are currently fixing it.

A fantastic support to our business, excellent support provided by the Citrus team.

Easy access to our companies employee info and company documents and legal policies all in one place.

Pros

Great to have a portal that is so easily accessible which holds so much of or business information which we use daily.

Cons

On one occasions some requested changes have taken some time, which I was advised was due to an issue with the software.

A good small office package

Ease of finding out holiday info at the touch of a button

Pros

Everything is in one place on the system - HR, Health & Safety, contract and personal info, holidays and sickness details etc.

Cons

It is only as good as the info that is entered into it! I have come on board to find it not up to date and the holidays not auto-forwarded and this is creating a lot of work. I am sure once it is all up to date, it will be a useful tool.

Logging in is easy, and I have not had a bad experience so far. The citrusHR software makes handling

Pros

Being able to upload Documents to an Employee's profile is great, I also like the time tracking feature.

Cons

The layout of certain features isn't what I would choose, documents layout when uploaded does not appear how i would like it to.

Fab HR Software for my small business

Massive time saving and admin help.

Pros

It's exceptionally easy to use, and whilst I'm not yet using all the features as I'm very small (only 3 employees so far), I am happy that it does all the things we will need it to do in the future. It also handily syncs to Xero so I can record my expense claims really easily.

Cons

Very comprehensive and easy to use HR system for UK businesses

Pros

Includes HR support and full suite of HR policies. It has a clear user interface which is easy for staff to use. Helpful technical support.

Cons

I can't really find a fault with the software at this stage. CitrusHR staff have been very patient in helping us whilst we sort out existing contracts.

Easy to use, everything i wanted was on there, we have 15 employee and they all log in .

Pros

Main advantage is allowing employees to see how much holiday they have and book it themselves, we used outlook in the past and it was a bit tedious in managing holidays.

Cons

I was not sure how to work out alternate Saturday shifts for our Drivers who work one in five Saturdays.

We are in the process of imlementing citrusHR and have found them to be extremely helpful

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. The staff have engaged with it quickly and really enjoy using it. It is saving everyone lots of time.

Cons

It would be great if the team had a clear implementation plan to help roll out some of the additional (non-core) functionality.

We find the system very user friendly and easy to navigate around.

Ease of use and manage all employees. We have several members who are older and have said they don't like the idea of a purely online service but unfortunately that's the future.

Pros

User friendly, visually easy to follow. Easy to navigate around and explain to other members of staff how to access and use.

Cons

Simple, easy to use software

Pros

Visually looks great. Easy to use. Simple to show staff and staff like it. Great features. Helpful support staff.

Cons

Somethings are still in development and a few teething problems. There are a few items that need to be tweaked to make them work how we'd like them to.

user friendly

Pros

easy to learn to use, the dash board is easy to manage and view, and like how you can find and read if any extra advise is required, calendar tab is a goof tool also

Cons

none. as advised on the above user friendly - and if I was unsure I can always rings the help line or email and they respond promptly

This software will really assist our HR processes and I am pleased with the features and quality.

Pros

The simplicity of the software and the value for money. I also like the amount of features within the system.

Cons

Teething issues, although the level of customer support which I have received has been of a high level.

Everyone is helpful at CitrusHR however, I would prefer if we had a dedicated account Manager

Pros

It is easy to navigate through and there are a lot of useful information on there that can be accessed.