ClearCompany Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.58/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Great user interface- excellent ease of use for managers that are NOT recruiters. Simplified application process available to candidates.
Clean and clear dashboard with all components easily accessible. Great flexibility to share between users.
Great price, easy to implement, easy to use, great implementation and support team. You can add a sourcing tool which is better than those that you pay for with job boards.
A bit confused about what we have and what would be an additonal cost/add on.
Interview Scorecards were extremely confusing, hard to access/change/set-up quickly and not user friendly once they were set up.
One thing everyone has made a comment about in the "Notes" tab on the profile is hard to find, it blends in with other colors, does not stand out as a reminder to add, which we need notes.

Katherine P.

I love ClearCompany because it has everything I need in an easy-to-use system.

The main benefit is that it allows to recruit clients throughout the world.

Pros

It is a very good and easy-to-use software, in addition to allowing access to information in various ways to find what is needed. It serves as a great support since it has online training videos and allows the liking of other companies that want to sell a new function.

Cons

There is no cons with this software, the only thing would be the evolution of technology, so they must constantly update to allow much faster communication

AA

Ann A.

Defense & Space, 501-1,000 employees

Cleanest, Simplest Interface

I

Pros

As a recruiter, I value the clean simplicity of the Clear Company user interface. No two products have the same design, so there is perhaps a half day of getting used to where things are found in the candidate lifecycle, but once you see it, it makes perfect sense and becomes habit. Also, the overall look of each page is 'clean' - easy to see all the information without needing to overlook a bunch of unused information.

Cons

I do not have any negative impressions of the Clear Company product from the point of view of a recruiter. I am completely satisfied.

TB

Tina B.

Okay system; bad customer service

I was with this system when it was HRM and then ClearCompany bought it out. This happened a year after we implemented the HRM system and it felt like we had to go through constant training with our hiring managers and updates for the transition. I had 3-4 different reps in less than 2 years and the response time was horrible. I waited over a month for things to get done and implemented. When ClearCompany...

Cons

Hi Tina, we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you have not had an optimal experience with our customer service team. It sounds like we did not effectively communicate our rebrand or some of our staffing updates to your team. We changed our name from HRM Direct to ClearCompany in 2013 to better reflect our total offering, and were not acquired. We strove to minimize the impact this...

SW

Sara W.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Easy to use platform that has helped our HR department grow and develop!

Everything has been great! ClearCompany has helped us to become better organized and to reach more candidates.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service when there are questions, tons of training modules online at your fingertips

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike. I think that everything about this platform is great!

EA

Elena A.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Experience

Very happy with our choice. Great people.

Pros

Excellent customer service, ability to speak to a live CSR is a undeniable plus. Easy to navigate and launch. Paperless approach

Cons

Printing option is not the strongest. Definitely needs improvement on printing formatting.

JB

Jason B.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Solid program with good support

Pros

This program is reliable, customizable, good support.

Cons

Cost increases over the years were significant. Forced me to look for other options.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Applicant Tracking System- poised to be great- needs to get past good

As a new user of ClearCompany I was initially very excited. As you open the dashboard the interface is clean and well laid out, the candidate and req screens are easy to navigate for a novice to an expert. They have a cool function where you can leave a note on a candidate or req with the @ sign and share immediately with other users via a push to their email-- WHAT??? So cool. Really. They've...

Pros

Great user interface- excellent ease of use for managers that are NOT recruiters; Simplified application process available to candidates; Clean and clear dashboard with all components easily accessible Great flexibility to share between users Text function-- YAY!

Cons

Reporting function is okay at best- too confusing, too cumbersome and stuck between an "old version" and a "new version" Customization options are minimal Customer service is slow to respond

The best tool for personnel working in recruitment and selection of personnel

Saving time, managing profiles of candidates in an organized way fluidity of information, selection process and recruitment faster and more efficiently

Pros

It allows you to access the information of the candidate in an agile way, you can search with the filters the specific characteristics that you need that meets the candidate, it facilitates you to send by mail the data of the candidate to the requesting management so that it is evaluated. Clear Company is easy to use, has a wide variety of options and allows you to regroup the candidates by categories or profiles, allows you to schedule interviews, allows you to see the profile of candidates in a simple way, allows to make comments of the candidates, in general terms this is a very useful tool that can facilitate the tasks of selection and recruitment of personnel

Cons

So far the benefits obtained from the program are more than the negative points, in fact it has been a lot of help to our area of selection of personnel, because it facilitated the activities, see the profiles of the candidates, have the information of the candidates organized , give a quick response to the units that require a professional for a certain bacchante, we can send you directly by mail the profiles of the possible candidates for them to evaluate them and we can choose the one whose profile meets the minimum requirements for the position or charge, has allowed us to improve our quality of management and service.

Caroline I.

My current implemented Clear Company Software for six clients. They are happy with its capabilities.

1. Employee Performance Management 2. The software helps employers are able to hire the best talent 3. Employees are able to understand what they bring to the table 4. The software helps in on boarding and recruitment of employees

Pros

I like how the software tracks an employee holistically. From onboarding, recruitment, goal tracking and performance management using metrics for measuring success. This is helps employers hire the top talent. The software is also beneficial for employees since they are able to understand how their work impacts a company.

Cons

1. It can take some time for users to learn how to use the software, but once they do, things are smooth. 2. The software does not allow for much customization like theme color.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Great features once you customize

Pros

That you can customize the process and assign task to managers.

Cons

It was cumbersome to learn. At of all paylocities tools this was the hardest to use.

ML

Marianne L.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

ClearCompany Review

Recruiting and keeping track of candidates has made my life so much easier when before I would have to log everything on a spreadsheet. I find the benefits of onboarding is great. again everything is one location, accounting gets a completed packet with nothing missing prior to their first day. Also creating a checklist of items that need to be completed internally for each new hire helps not to miss anything. I think feature requests typically take a long time and if it is something we really need we are always offered the option that it can be done but it would come at a cost.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that I have all the information for candidates and employees in one place. That I can upload files like Caliper tests, emails and additional info to a candidates profile and the same for employees. Like union cards, intern confirmation letters to name a couple.

Cons

So I don't like that I don't have an overview in the dashboard of what internal packet items have not been completed. The employee name and percentage is listed on my dashboard but it would be great if I was able to see what has not been completed and by who. I feel I would be able to stay on top of it more. Right now the only way for me to see what is not completed is to go into each employees internal...

CG

Carmen G.

Oil & Energy,

I highly recommend ClearCompany

I have found the ClearCompany recruiting and onboarding modules very helpful and easy to use. Coming from our previous manual system, they have saved me a great deal of time. The best thing about ClearCompany, though, is their excellent customer service. When I need help, I can call and get real help from someone who actually works there, usually my account manager, not someone in a call center somewhere...

Pros

Customer service; our hiring managers have immediate access to resumes; efficient, streamlined onboarding process; customized forms

Cons

1. I'd like to see an integrated, easy way to sort applicants on our side. We get a huge number of applicants seeking all sorts of jobs we aren't advertising. We have two "General Consideration" requisitions set up to keep people from applying inappropriately for jobs that require special qualifications. I have not found the Talent Pool feature to be useful in sorting these candidates, so I set up...

CW

Cienna W.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

ATS of choice - simple, complete, and cost effective

This is by far my favorite software for recruiting and communicating with candidates. Still not quite ideal for scheduling internally or exporting to other systems of my choice, but its a huge bang for the buck.

Pros

Cost-effective Easy to use and quick navigation (way less clicks to get more done) Great searchability within the talent pool Great customer support & training, after implementation Integrates with Outlook for viewing and scheduling Great email template system saves time with easy mass emails and quick customized responses. Electronic Job Offer letter signing and storage is helpful, and you can attach additional documents to the offer.

Cons

Outside job posting (JobTarget) does not work well at all. Only works great with large posting sites: LinkedIn, Indeed, Zip Recruiter Slow and manual labor intensive implementation process, with not much flexibility or support (you've got to manage this one yourself) Doesn't allow interview scheduling with multiple interviewers or a conference (from the outlook integration within the app, this may change soon) This doesn't integrate with any background check systems besides their own contracted vendor. This is not flexible, although I've tried for a couple years now.

CC

Cheryl C.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very user friendly!

Clear Company works to make improvements on its product, and functionality. While it does not offer some of the immense details that other products may offer- this suits our companies needs perfectly. I found that when researching other options (some of which were very expensive) - we would not utilize everything that came with the price tag. Clear Company was and still is the best option for us. It gets the job done without getting bogged down in things that we don't use.

Pros

Easy to learn and use, can build my own job reqs and apps, or the support team will also do for you. Easy to teach and train others to use, has a large number of standard report options, or you can have one customized to suit your needs. This has been one of the best decisions our company has made!

Cons

There are several functional niceties that I would like to see and have recommended. The support team keeps track of all requests and works to implement changes in product updates.

CR

Claire R.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Easily Usable, Functional and Customer Focused ATS

Pros

ClearCompany's ATS is the best system I have used in a HR setting. It is user-friendly and has a nice design to it. In my opinion, the greatest factor for me is that it integrates with Outlook and all of your communication with candidates is stored directly into the system without having to do anything. I think it is well organized with a dashboard that can help you by just looking at it. I think it's easy to move through as well. I also enjoy using ShieldScreening as the background vendor as it is very quick and easy to screen our final candidates.

Cons

I wish that all functions integrated to and from Paylocity which is the payroll system we use that integrates from ClearCompany just not back to.

MP

Maria P.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Clear Company makes my job easy!

We are able to track and follow through with our candidates and manage the recruiting process. I've also discovered that I have extra time to explore the endless possibilities it has for screening and testing. the scorecards and interview question templates have helped me delegate the interviewing process to the hiring managers so that they can manage their own screening process easily and boost their confidence in the recruiting process.

Pros

The recruiting process is seamless and intuitive. As I new user I was able to understand and use the features it provides with incredible ease. Once I became comfortable with the software I was able to optimize my recruiting efforts. As an example, we filled 10 positions in one week.

Cons

The software allows us to transfer candidates to our PEO system, Paylocity. Both systems have their own performance evaluation systems, but this does not transfer from one system to the other. Perhaps if the performance evaluations were the same in both systems it could reduce double work.

LC

Laura C.

Construction, 201-500 employees

I've become a believer

We've been able to tackle our greatest problem by implementing a more lean approach to hiring. I've seen an incredible amount of engagement from the team and they are always innovating to deliver to customers.

Pros

Ease of use and customer support, great interface and a really nice look. Initially, I wasn't sold on the software and was partial to my previous ATS. After a year of use in this platform, I've learned to love it and implement it more fully across the organization. I look forward to adding some additional features in the future.

Cons

The system is less intuitive than I've used in the past and requires a great deal of set up prior to implementing. However, that set up saves time down the line and you can maximize the product when you take this critical step.

VL

Vanessa L.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Best Software!

this software is pretty great and will help you to do a fantastic job of tracking applicants. I recommenced 100%

Pros

this software help my employees to manage all the applicants information! You can schedule interviews and also you assign different tasks to my team. it is easy to use. the support team is very helpful in case you have any issue. It is available on a reasonable price and I love the scheduling functionality no mention the calendar interface on the home page!

Cons

I don't have any cons to say about this software, all my team love it. I have been using it for more than one year and even the improvements are better and better. I cant imagine my office without this software at all.

CS

Christy S.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Clear Company

I enjoy working with Clear Company. They make one aspect of recruiting easy.

Pros

I love the chat feature. Anytime we need to learn something we can simply go to the chat feature and you get the help you need. You will also get an email with the transcript so you can go back if you need to reference this again. It is very user-friendly. You can set up multiple offer letters to fit the needs of the organization.

Cons

I wish there were a few more free job boards to post your positions on. I would like to see E-verify added as a feature with the onboarding.

CS

Craig S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Impressive tech and great support

Highly recommend them - probably top 3 in enterprise market.

Pros

ClearCompany really do everything well. From building innovative, easy to use tech to being really thoughtful and proving impressive support. ClearCompany go a little further than a normal ATS. They manage on-boarding and performance well which is great. What is also impressive is that all these components work really well as they build by the same company and made to work together from the start - making the experience truly great. Their technology is also cloud based, SAAS model which means you do not have to worry about infrastructure.

Cons

I cannot see any cons with ClearCompany. Their product is sound, reliable and competitively priced with great support.

SH

Sarah H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Recruiting made easy

I have been happy with ClearCompany overall. Their support with getting started was great, but then after that I was left hanging a little bit with training everyone on how to use the system. Everything is extremely user friendly and was mostly easy to figure out on my own, but could have gone better with a larger scale launch.

Pros

It is very simple to use and you can use the system to customize your recruiting and hiring needs

Cons

There is not a mobile compatible way of searching for specific candidate information over the cellphone. I also wish they had some time sensitive options like reminders or delayed email responses.

SB

Stacy B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

ClearCompany has been great!

We've been very happy with the platform and are looking to add more components to have a more robust system.

Pros

The recruiting platform on ClearCompany is relatively intuitive and easy to use. ClearText functionality, allowing us to text candidates directly through the platform, has saved time and provided a better candidate experience. Quick and easy to disposition candidates.

Cons

Days open calculation starts when the requisition is entered, not fully approved, which results in us doing a manual calculation for a true time to fill metric.

JG

James G.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Really Functional, but has some quirks

Love that my confusion was eaily handled by their customer support, I felt I had a dedicated relationship that felt more like "consulting services" versus the typical Client/Vendor relationship

Pros

That their system works for human resources across public and private industries. The tie to new employee on-boarding and performance management helps a lot. Add in their applicant tracking system as it allows bulk email, Hard and Mobile site integration, as well the one-click background checks save an inordinate amount of fine!

Cons

Their automated reporting ensures that clients maintain full EEO & OFCCP compliances, but also their were literally too many potential reports that could track just about anything. IF TOO MUCH reporting isn't really impactful, let me just say the process to create or follow ALL the reports needs some massaging. Not sure any business really needs over 100 potential reports, it has led to a lot of confusion at the different levels as all try to find the data they want/need.

AW

Amy W.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Very User Friendly

Love it, it's a great ATS, helps keep me organized, and it's very very user-friendly.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, what items it can integrate into my hiring process it has, and had done so easily.

Cons

I wish i could integrate into my payroll system, but that is not in their control, I think that has more to do with my payroll system. Still love it.

SK

Shannen K.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Excellent Customer Service

Overall I would recommend ClearCompany based solely on the customer support that you receive. I think as time goes on they will continue to update the program and many of the issues that they currently have will no longer be an issue.

Pros

Every rep that we had with ClearCompany was fantastic! Very helpful and always very responsive.

Cons

Unfortunately there are many limitations to the site and we had to come up with multiple work arounds in order for it to work with our process.