CodeSignal

The most advanced assessment platform for technical hiring

CodeSignal Reviews

Pros

How structured the interview practice is, the kind of testing it has and the social network built in. The editor is clean and easy to use and the test cases are very clear as well.

Garima B.

Very friendly, fun interface. Felt more like a game than a challenge.

Michael H.

It was a very good experience. I could be able to complete my assessments and every time I was not sure about some situation there was a real help on all page bottoms.

PAULO P.

Cons

No solutions are given in educational problems.

Alexandr S.

From my limited experience i have with this site i have nothing at the moment.

Raj Kumar L.

4.7

An Actually Enjoyable Algorithms Platform

CodeSignal has become my de-facto platform for practicing algorithms, and it looks like more and more companies are taking to using the platform for applications as well.

Pros

Algorithms can be a slog to practice, but CodeSignal offers more features than its competitors that make it actually enjoyable to use. I appreciate the numerous game modes and guided tracks that CodeSignal offers. Combined with the gamified nature - leveling up and earning coins as you go - it's fun to work your way through problems on the platform, and the tracks provide good overviews of important topics to practice. Of course, this would all be meaningless if the problems and coding environment were subpar. Fortunately, CodeSignal offers a good mix of easy to challenging problems. I rarely feel confused as to what a given problem is expecting, and I have never had an issue with the coding environment.

Cons

There is not a great aspect of feedback on CodeSignal. After solving a problem, you can view most up-voted solutions submitted by others, but there is no definitive metric for gauging how your submission compares to the optimal solution. CodeSignal could improve through efficiency statistics or explanations for solving problems optimally.

Problem Solving never ends here

Pros

I always love to code in a tournament and 10 mins challenges with other users. I could see so much improvements in my presence of mind and problem solving skills. i would recommend this to all my friends as its a good productive diversion from our office work.I'm always having fun at programming with CodeSignal. CodeSignal is full of games of challenges. If one finds time everyday to solve/finish his daily tasks in CodeSignal, he will be mastered in problem solving.

Cons

I observed that same problems are repeated often in a short span. There are no problems related to image processing.

Not that good

I don't really liked it, got a lot of stress before my exam, sorry

Pros

I turned off my notifications, but still haven't been able to take a quiz, I had to call support, they made a video chat in zoom and only after that they allowed taking a quiz

Cons

It looks really secure and maybe it's a better way to do exams

Amazing web site

i am using for three years. it is the best for me

Pros

contains a lot of challenges organized by categories, and contains daily challenges, it is amazing web site to practice algorithm challenges

Cons

lack some self evaluation tests. but still good

Review on internship application coding challenge using CodeSignal

Enjoyed using the software, was nice to be able to quickly become familiar with the environment .

Pros

CodeSignal is very easy to use. There were a lot of helpful tool tips that guide the user to be more familiar with the software. Everything is nicely organized and

Cons

Nothing negative really caught my attention.

Great for interview prep and learning

Pros

Lots of problems available on the site. You can practice a wide range of different topics. Has some real-life problems from various companies you can work on. Offers practice assessment tests that you can take to evaluate yourself. Tournaments throughout the day User Rankings if you're feeling competitive Chat option to connect with other users

Cons

There should be an option to enable sound for tournament notifications for those who want it. No option to take practice assessment tests once you take certified assessment test.

Great website to improve problem solving skills

Overall, CodeSignal is a great tool for beginners to improve problem-solving with different journeys given on the website.

Pros

I have used CodeSignal a few months back when I was trying to improve my Data Structure and Algorithm skills. I like the game feel it has questions and different journeys according to experience level. I also like the daily challenges and badges rewarded at different levels.

Cons

It is a great platform for practicing and improving problem-solving skills and can add more questions in the interview preparation section.

Very Usefull and Inovative Tool

Pros

CodeSignal is very easy to be used and also clear on assessments .

Cons

I've really like least sometimes the delay I've faced when submitting itens through assessments.

Great platform!

CodeSignal has helped immensely with my coding skills and interview technique!

Pros

CodeSignal has been an awesome platform to focus on my coding skills. The practice test was super helpful and mimicked a real interview experience. The interview practice is extremely helpful and I appreciate that CodeSignal categories questions by data structure!

Cons

Would love more coding questions added per data structure!

Good for taking coding challenges

Pros

The IDE is great for programming. I used java. The questions I had some were easy, some were hard, but all of them felt nice to code on. It even had a little autocomplete for variable names and such, something very helpful in the midst of a coding challenge.

Cons

Honestly, not much. For some of the questions, it highlighted my code, which made it look a little weird, but that is very small. The system is great.

signals that reaches where its needed

Problems/Exercise range is overpowering .You have a huge repositories . Initially i was not aware of trading your earn point to view solution and understand rationale and methods behind answers and that was a real bonus for me.My over all experience has been extremely good and i find myself spending more and more time at code signal. In fact its became like a habit , when ever i have leisure time i ends up visiting the site and i am sure i will have something new and good here for me.

Pros

Purpose of the software is to make you experience competitive environments in IT job markets in a very cooperative and understanding way.You earn points solving exercise- you can use these points to get across if you are struck at somewhere - which means it does not have to be the end for sojourn with this site. Site has some of the best brains in data structure and coding world - you can view their solution and learn a lot from them. Emphasis is not always use run of the mill procedure for solving a problem but prompts you to answer in a better ways , in a more productive way and that is the plus point of the site.

Cons

From my limited experience i have with this site i have nothing at the moment.

CodeSignal is one of the best platforms for interview practice

Great! The interview practice section despite being spare is super helpful!

Pros

- How structured the interview practice is, the kind of testing it has and the social network built in - The editor is clean and easy to use and the test cases are very clear as well

Cons

- There's SO much to study for coding interviews and it feels a little spare on the data structures end even though the arcade has a bunch of algorithms, there's not enough on the typical questions like how to reverse a linkedlist etc

One of the best coding practice site out there

Pros

You can code in almost all the languages out there. I like the broadness of the test cases covered for any problem. Interface is user friendly.

Cons

First of all it makes me want to come back every day. But other than that, the challenges seems to be randomly selected from the learning paths which I might have already solved, so that can be improved.

Good User Experience

Pros

I have completed a coding assessment with CodeSignal as part of a technical screen. As it was my first time using the service, I wanted to familiarize myself with the platform. I liked that the tutorials were easy to follow, and that the coding platform was familiar and intuitive.

Cons

This is a specific note about their coding assessments: I noticed that users are not given the choice to retake assessments for different companies. This could be made clearer to the user.

Very thought out interviewing software

Pros

It was very well thought out for interviewing. It'll record your screen and camera for integrity purposes, and provide thorough test cases like any other platform.

Cons

It does take a slight while to set up, and is not immediate. Other platforms simply require clicking a link and starting almost immediately.

Taking simple coding assessments on CodeSignal

I used CodeSignal for two assessments for a coding interview and had no problems. I haven't checked out other parts of the platform but seems promising given the extra analysis the site provides when completing tests.

Pros

- The UI/UX is pretty clean and smooth - I liked the ability to analyze after the test finished. It told me how long I spent on each problem and provided an overall score of different attributes.

Cons

- I didn't bump into any cons yet because I haven't used this software that long, but everything was working fine when I used it.

Very easy and fun way to prepare for coding interviews

Pros

Python arcade track and interview practice tasks

Cons

No solutions are given in educational problems

Coding platform review

Pros

CodeSignal platform is very intuitive and user friendly. Problems are well segregated topic wise so its easy to choose the topic to practice. Enough number of test cases to validate performance of the code.

Cons

It will be great to know the weight of each test cases.

Codesignal review

Pros

It was very straightforward. There was no confusion on how to use the software. I was able to take my codesignal test without any struggles on how to use it.

Cons

I would have liked more functionality. A terminal would have been nice.

Good code evaluation platform

Pros

It saved frequently, made it easy to run and test my code; didn't have network issues.

Cons

I didn't like that it required I record a video of myself and my screen when doing the challenge. Seems like a privacy invasion.

Great Product

Pros

I really liked that I could practice interview questions at my own time and pace

Cons

I did not like how you can buy some features

Well built platform

Pros

Very clean setup, aesthetic UI. Makes it seem much more professional

Cons

Test runner could have been a little bit faster, takes time away from actual development.

CodeSignal was great

It was pretty effective for my coding challenge

Pros

It worked smoothly and was easy to use.

Cons

Nothing in particular struck me as bad about this software.

CodeSignal Review

Pros

Very easy and simple to use. Loved its simplicity.

Cons

Should allow me to change the color of the background.

Recommend tool for Coding and analysis

It's Awesome.

Pros

Great features with great responsive user interface.

Cons

I am not pretty sure. But have a concern. If user want to give test and doesn't want to enable any of the security feature like camera or microphone, with ofcourse interviewers concern. Does he/she allowed to do that? I didn't find any option.