Collage HR Logo

Collage HR

All-in-one HR software for modern businesses

Collage HR Reviews

4.2

How would you rate Collage HR?

CK

Catheryn K.

The customer service is awesome. I spoke with 4 separate people and they were allow very patient and helpful.

BT

Brian T.

Cons

Still sends me reminders and updates even though we no longer use them. Because we no longer have an account it will not let me log bag in to unsubscribe to the emails.

Hours entered for overtime are a percentage of the number of hours worked in a day rather than listing worked 45 minutes overtime it's .7--- confusing for staff.

NG

Nav G.

Still some weird quirks that need to be ironed out. Some things are unprintable, emails sometimes don't go out.

MH

Maryanne H.

Intuitive, great HRIS with excellent customer service

It's been amazing for the price, the whole company has really adopted it quickly, even the older staff. It's a beautiful user interface to be honest, we have removed a lot of issues around time-off and around performance management and saved on recruiting costs.

Pros

Its ease of use, the customer support is amazing, always new updates making it better. Recruiting integration with indeed.com. Performance reviews. Integrates with GWL benefits and Wagepoint payroll.

Cons

Training module has potential to be a bit more comprehensive, would be nice to be able to design courses in the software. Time-off could use a bit more detail when it presents on the company Outlook calendar, would be nice to see the exact hours people are off during each particular day.

Made our HR process way more efficient

Overall, it's been a great time saver and wonderful to have everything in one place.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use for all staff, regardless of their tech capacities. The deployment was seamless and Collage made it really easy with one on one training for admin. It has made things like recruitment, employee data base management and time-off tracking SO much better for our company and diminished so many manual processes before.

Cons

There are not that many cons. There are a few features that would be nice to add - but I am sure they will come as they continue to work on the software.

Extremely disappointed

I rarely write reviews, and when I do they're almost always very positive ones. Unfortunately, I cannot express how dissatisfied I am with my experience using Collage and it's gotten to a point where I felt compelled to write the review I would have liked to read during my selection process. - I was lied to during the selection process, their 'automations' are all manual and error-prone. Since a lot of it is manual, the time-savings aren't as high as they promised. - Employees pays are frequently wrong and it's quite frustrating for our employees (and for me as the manager). - Vacation tracking was off and caused more frustrations with employees - And the list goes on and on.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the software and the ease of use.

Cons

Missing a bunch of features promised during the selection process. Their time off feature is terrible, they don't adapt for holidays and we've paid employees who have left the company too much because of the way Collage's software is configured.

A review of collage from a hiring manager

Streamlined, effortless, game-changing, and the staff are all super helpful and kind. On many occasions I have reached out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT], she has responded quickly and been great at helping me with the issues I was having.

Pros

This software has really impacted the way our company hires. We are a construction company and are expanding quickly, bringing on around 4 new hires a week. Collage has made the entire vetting and onboarding process streamlined and effortless by consolidating everything into one easy timeline. The best part is you have full control over where the candidate is in the timeline, right from their application to onboarding, furthermore you can make notes and track the vetting process at each stage. I think what has saved us the most headache is how easy the onboarding process is, being able to send out multiple documents and training packages at the click of a button is game-changing.

Cons

To be honest I really haven't found anything that I don't like. At the moment, one of the biggest things that we are working on is planning out a set of clear goals and key performance indicators that we could use to track our employees' progress. I'm not sure if this is something that we would be able to utilize collage for, we have briefly spoken about it with our representative. We would be looking to integrate our scheduling software with whatever software we use to use data to track the employees' goals.

User Friendly!

As an HR professional, Collage is one of the simplest HRIS platforms I have ever used and I would highly recommend it to other companies. The benefits integration with our provider makes it so simple for the HR team and the admin required is painless!

Pros

Collage is so user friendly. It makes onboarding very easy and very little training is needed in order for a new employee to be able to use Collage.

Cons

There are still some areas of improvement that can be made to the APS, but I have seen improvement slowly be implement over the last couple of years. I look forward to the continued development of it. Also, with the training platform, we use it a lot to track all of our training but again, some room for small improvements here too. For example, ensuring that the employee has actually reviewed the content before being able to click they have completed it. Recently quizzes have been added which is a fantastic addition.

The right solution at the right time

Collage has been a fantastic partner. From the on-boarding process to occasional support, they are professional, friendly and great at what they do!

Pros

The system is very intuitive and easy to operate. Both administrative staff and employees enjoy the simplicity of the platform.

Cons

I would like thought and design into the HR policy and procedure requirements that a company has. A documentation and review management policy app would really help manage an overwhelming process.

Great for a start up company

Overall, I find it very useful for day to day HR functions. It is also a safe way to have employees upload sensitive information

Pros

It is easy to use - intuitive for the most part. Does a great job of automating recruitment and onboarding. Also really great at keeping track of employee data

Cons

there are some areas that just are not robust enough - the training , the performance management.

Comprehensive and intuitive product for small organization with basic needs

Pros

Intuitive to use for staff and administrator Basic ATS and customizable performance modules included TIme off module has automated process Link to payroll Canadian Chat support Discount for not for profits

Cons

Missing some helpful features in other similar software, e.g.,: - administrator ability to "view as" someone to check permissions - permissions don't go a granular as needed (e.g., access to documents is all or nothing, can't go file or folder level - custom fields are located in one area only

Hr Review

It is a tool that affects us positively.

Pros

The time management and employee profiles are very easy to use.

Cons

The integration into other small business platforms like QuickBooks would be great.

Excellent for a small business

Pros

Easy and simple to use. Always updating and improving their product. Easy to contact customer service who always answers my questions in a timely manner.

Cons

Some improvements could be made with annotating documents. There should be an option for us to be able to create our own dynamic fields.

Tetranex Solutions Review

Collage has greatly reduced our HR costs. We are very happy to have switched over and look forward to growing together.

Pros

Collage is very straight forward and easy to navigate. The price is great compared to our former web-based software HR platform and the fact that it is Canadian is very helpful. The benefit administration has also proven to be very helpful. Online support always follows up, and I very much appreciate that.

Cons

I know Collage is still relatively new, but some of the feature requests that have been submitted still haven't come to fruition. For example, the inability to sort reports with the platform. I wish you could click on a report column heading and have it auto-sort (i.e. alpahbetically, numerically, etc). I also have requested the ability to create folders in each individuals "Documents" tab so we can organize documents accordingly.

Hi there and thank you for your feedback! It's very meaningful to us to hear what is working well and where we can improve. As per your request, we have just launched the ability to create folders in your "Documents" tab. You can learn more in our help guide: http://support.collage.co/documents/document-folders Please don't hesitate to contact your account manager if you have any questions. We look forward to growing together, too! -Team Collage

Our company loves Collage!

We did not have an HRIS before Collage so we improved so many things I hardly know where to start: even just having an automated way to track time off was a big bonus for us. We love the PTO calendars and the onboarding and offboarding tasks. The ATS was a huge improvement because it made it so much easier to keep track of interview processes with multiple people involved. And my account manager is always there to walk through new ideas with me and help me make the most of Collage.

Pros

It's easy to get up and running, very intuitive from both user and administrator perspective, and their customer support is outstanding.

Cons

When we first started using Collage there were a few minor annoyances, but their product development team is so responsive, most of these have all been resolved in the 9 months since we have been using it. The only thing left they need is Single Sign-On with Google.

The transition from HR track has been fairly easy.

It is making it easier for me to deal with all of the time off requested by staff and keep an ongoing record of it. I also like to have staff numbers at my fingertips instead of digging out their files for contact info. Plus, i can access this from anywhere.

Pros

The calendar feature is great along with the ability to allow staff to login and request time off. There are some cons for calendar but i've listed them below. I like the user interface and the staff have taken to it quite easily. I like the custom fields, just wish they were in the payroll affected area as well such as for rrsp contribution amounts.

Cons

The reporting functionality, in particular for time off. I would like to be able to pull a report on just one employee with a list of all days off. It also doesn't stop you from booking the same day for the same person twice. There should be a warning or error. The benefits section is not applicable to any provider except your own. I understand you are working on this so i look forward to that upgrade. Also, would like to have reminders for calendar as an option.

Consider Collage: Exceptional customer service, very responsive to our needs!

We've been using Collage with (purposely) limited functionalities to make sure it fits our growing needs - and are taking steps to use it as our company's main HR portal

Pros

The ease of use, intuitive end-user programming, simple for administrator - this was designed with the end-user in mind

Cons

In the billing sections, and upon receiving invoices, a bit more clarity in costs for transactions, changes and additions would be useful - but upon closer review, the invoicing/billing makes sense. When queried, the response from Collage has been timely and accurate.

Great intuitive HRIS for small to mid sized businesses

The software doesn't do everything that I'd like it to do now but I've used many HRIS and there is always something that is a miss in any system. But Collage seems to listen and is constantly launching updates and improvements and I know they will get there. The service people there are always trying to make it better. It really is a system and company geared to truly supporting our business and HR people out there.

Pros

I really like the software if intuitive as an HR person. The customer service and support has also been great so far. The feature suggestion button is great and they actually do listen to customer feedback. The connection to our benefits is a nice feature. The ability to set email reminders to employees is also great.

Cons

It is still evolving and there are some small enhancements that need to be done but I have confidence they will get done over time since Collage seems very in tune with their customer. The performance review module is good but needs some ability to be able to set dates to launch it in the future and to also repeat those dates and as of now you need to set a launch date each and every time for every single person. I'm not so sure about exchanges with payrolls and other systems.

Collage Review

Performance check in but not for year end of mid year. Vacation/ Personal Day requests

Pros

How easy it is to navigate through the system. Minimal training required for staff--- which is a plus because there is less resistance to learn a new software.

Cons

No option for taking lieu time with overtime or subtracting overtime when someone wants it paid off. Right now it's going into the system and subtracting it. Hours entered for overtime are a percentage of the number of hours worked in a day rather than listing worked 45 minutes overtime it's .7--- confusing for staff

Love Collage

With CollageHR, you get great value for money, exceptional customer service and a platform that is very easy to customize. CollageHR also offers a feedback section where you can provide suggestions and ideas as they are continuously improving and adapting their platform to meet their customers needs.

Pros

There is so much to love about this software. However, if I only had to pick one, it would be the ease of use. This software is incredibly user friendly! I am able to customize on a whim and should I need help, my questions are answered in a very timely manner.

Cons

I would say the one thing I feel that this software is missing is an App. I would love for their to be a mobile App. Hopefully this is something that is in the works.

Basic, but it does the job

Track employee information in one spot! Helps to make onboarding, offboarding and vacation/time off requests easy.

Pros

Good system when it was offered for free. Makes onboarding/offboarding easy with customized email reminders to make the experience seamless. Allows a company to have important information in one spot. Also great for tracking vacation and time-off requests.

Cons

No longer offered for free. Great for small to medium sized companies, but I wouldn't recommend it for a larger company. There are comparable options out there.

Collage makes life easy

Excellent

Pros

Keep track of Employees files, Onboarding so easy, Employee signature. Over all just Excellent.

Cons

Takes a little time to work around Support is A+ Chat email etc.

Painfully simple features & horrible/rude customer service

Pros

The only pro I can see with this company is that it's free, but you get what you pay for. It's not even worth free.

Cons

First and foremost, their staff are incredibly rude. They will stalk you after signing up, calling multiple locations for which they were not provided contact info, and disrupting our business with these harassing and spammy calls. We have to ask them multiple times to quit calling/messaging us, and they continued to do so endlessly. The so-called HR 'features' they offer are so bare boned it's laughable. They are just here to stink you into a benefits plan, and I can't even imagine how poorly that would go based on the the staff member I dealt with. Avoid!

Hi Kelly - We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience with Collage. Our intention is to help our customers find a solution when the sign up for the platform - not to bait and switch or mislead. We take this feedback very seriously and will take whatever measures possible to fix this issue.

Collage is everything we had hoped for in a HR program; as a small not for profit it met our needs.

Saves time; processes information; supports staff.

Pros

Functionality; we have already used it for 'on-boarding' new staff and it works like a dream. We have set up all of our systems on Collage including HR policies, offer letters etc.

Cons

I would like a function that tracks time off -lieu time. Taking time off and tracking it, is an area that we need help in; the vacation, sick days function is very good, bu t there are days that staff work overtime and we need to track that including permission and approvals.

Collage 2019 review

once the information is loaded, everything is in one spot, we have eliminated 5 or 6 spreadsheets. reports are easy to configure and can load it with all the information. Support is always there to help

Pros

Ease of use, Developers and supports is very open to making changes, improvements. All HR info in one spot. everyone has access

Cons

Needs an APP for employees to access with more ease. Still some weird quirks that need to be ironed out. some things are unprintable, emails sometimes don't go out.

Excellent employee onboarding experience

HR Compliance

Pros

The best part of this software is its digital signature and onboarding features. Hiring employees, signing employment agreements and ensuring all the right information is collected during the onboarding process is now a snap!

Cons

The platform continues to be developed, so it is a matter of time before improvements are made. I wish the documents feature had a "Sort" function so documents can be sorted by name or by date, to improve search capabilities.

Valuable, wide adoption, was easy to implement, great customer service

Employee database, time tracking, performance, record keeping

Pros

Ease of use, many features and many new features being added. I appreciate having the ability to express our needs and see them implemented.

Cons

some reporting is missing (birthdates) and no org chart, 360 performance ability would be great also

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. Some of your suggestions are currently in our pipeline: org charts in next 2 weeks, 360 reviews & birthdays by end of summer. Have a great day!

Collage has a great user interface that is easy to use for all of our employees.

Pros

We're able to give feedback on improvements, and we can see the impact of our feedback quickly. If we ask for a certain button, it will be worked on and added.

Cons

There are some functionalities that are still missing, but I really appreciate that our customer success representative keeps us abreast of what they're working on and timelines for when these functionalities will be added.