Crew Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

It's really useful and amazing to me! very user friendly and easy to organize. I also like that it's separate from your actual phone.
It is a great way for our team to communicate more effectively and efficiently and with less confusition on who messages are intended for.
I love how easy the software is to use for communicating with other crew members. It's quick and effective and linking your number allows for quick access.
It's a little difficult to use for scheduling when there are various job roles and departments. It also is notorious among staff for sending way too many annoying notifications.

Nadia M.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Love this app for work!

I've enjoyed using the Crew app as a form of communication with my coworkers/for work purposes. We're able to share important updates and announcements with all staff, calendars and schedules, files and important docs, all in the app. It's nice to have a way to communicate without having to text everyone with my personal phone.

Pros

Easy to navigate the app. I like being able to use this app to communicate with coworkers instead of reaching out with my cell phone/personal number. We used to have multiple Facebook groups to communicate information between staff but not everyone has Facebook. With the Crew app, everyone has access to it, unless they're younger and don't have a cell phone then their parent is on the app. I also like that I'm able to turn off notifications for threads if I don't want to be bothered.

Cons

Lately, there's nothing to report that I like least about this app.

Insurance, self-employed

Crew is a great platform for our team!

My partner company started with crew, then left to a competitor product that turned out to be awful for our needs. We are now back on Crew and you can immediately see the difference in participation, communication, and productivity.

Pros

Easy to use and add members. Lots of space for file storage and sharing. Immediate responses and notifications when someone needs help.

Cons

Nothing that I have found. When we left I was hopeful but really disliked the new app. I am so glad we are back on Crew!

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Crew

This works alright as a free software, but it certainly doesn't have the overall capabilities to be your only scheduling software for any complex industry.

Pros

Crew is great for messaging employees, and especially for sending out mass announcements.

BL

Brooke L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Greata and affordable product for small groups

It was great when we first started using it. After a while the free service started glitching and our team grew so we had to switch to a different service. I did continue using it for a smaller gym setting a while after with no issues.

Pros

The ability to quickly create shifts/schedules that multiple people could access in real time.

Cons

There were some glitches once we started to add more members and there were minimal customizeable features.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Easy team networking without having to give out your personal line!

Overall we love Crew. It does exactly what we need by creating a networking chat group filled with competitive friendly banter. We have a sales team with a relatively high turnover so it would be nearly impossible to have a consistent group text message (adding and deleting people often). This keeps it easy to add people to our organization and, best of all, no one has to give out their personal cellphone...

Pros

- Easy to add and delete new users - Simple to use - Networking within a team or organization without having to give out your personal phone number - Great functionality for "rewarding" team members for a job well done - Free version includes ability to add team files, resources, and tasks - Assign tasks to specific users - Group and direct messaging

Cons

Could be organized a little better. The layout and main "Chat" tab shows all of your conversations and resources - but it mixes them in order of most recent without an option to organize them differently. This gets a little messy when you have direct messages among Team Files, Tasks, and "Everyone" chat groups.

TA

Terri A.

Individual & Family Services, 201-500 employees

Get your employees to communicate!

Before Crew, the team communication was very difficult in an organization that has several job site locations. Crew has enabled everyone to stay current on changes and updates. This has has a positive affect on the service that we provide.

Pros

In a direct care service industry, Crew has been an essential tool for communication. Not only can administrators stay involved in changes happening out in the field, but field staff can discuss information amongst themselves to keep everyone on the same page. This has been a very utilized resource to give everyone using it the support needed to provide great service!

Cons

The only disappointment on Crew has been when the free version started cutting down the amount of users. After using it for quite sometime, users were restricted to a certain amount. We purchased a subscription to make sure we didn’t lose this resource. The annual cost is well worth value that you get from this tool.

AW

Adam W.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Fanatastic Tool For Part-Time Staff Schedules & Communication

I have loved using Crew! I used it in managing a library staff with varied hours, guaranteed shifts, shift changes and more. I have deployed it with my current venture of managing cleaning schedules/responsibilities with staff members for short term rental properties. It has worked great!

Pros

Crew is a great software/app for managing part-time staff with varied schedules and responsibilities. Super easy deployment, versatility in how your structure the communication portals and makes schedule switching functional.

Cons

Crew is not a robust tool that solves every situation or use case. Some area could be flushed out or you have to develop your own situational workflow to compensate for things. However, the good outweighs the limitations and if they tried to solve for every situation it would simply be another robust and complicated tool that becomes out-priced for how it would be used.

RM

Renata M.

An Educators Review of Crew

Overall, my experience with Crew has been a good one. It has allowed me to be in the loop with other teachers and to know right away what my schedule for the week will look like.

Pros

I most enjoy crew for the way in which it makes communicating with other teachers and administrators so easy and efficient. I receive real time notifications about scheduling as well as notifications should there be any threat to the school or the students safety.

Cons

I least enjoy how difficult it is to react to other users messages on crew. When wanting to give a quick thumbs up or respond without words, it is difficult to understand how this is done or how to simply react to a message. I also would like to be able to find media more easily that has been sent several weeks or months ago.

JH

Jill H.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Amazing!

This makes communicating fun at work. Doctors can take pictures of animals in treatment and do rounds with each other without being there in person. Awesome!

Pros

Everyone doesn’t have to clutter up their phone with the phone numbers of all the employees. We are able to add everyone, create groups and text back and forth through the app. We need this with this era. The more communication the better.

Cons

Not much. Love all the capabilities. Would be great to have chats organized more.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Group Messaging Hero

Offered a special incentive of dress-down day if they replied to message on Crew - that really helped opt-in rate of staff! I like the login using your cell # instead of a random password and username for staff. I enjoy the option to add additional companies or divisions within my dashboard by upgrading to Pro. Good customer support.

Pros

During Covid we needed a way to message entire group or specific teams. This allows me to send out announcements and allow team to discuss projects. Small group or 1 on 1 messaging without having to share personal cell # between staff members. Being remote 100% has been a challenge but Crew saved our team! Biggest plus is I can remove staff who no longer work here and control notifications. Simple to use.

Cons

A little feedback from staff about late PM messaging, but that also happened in a group text too. The task assignments are a little difficult to edit recurring tasks. Wish the SCHEDULE feature was more dynamic than just a photo of the printed schedule. When someone joins it sends an intro to the whole group, some find that embarrassing. - minor irritation.

KM

Katelyn M.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Simple communication program with employees

Overall I feel indifferent to Crew. I'm not actively looking to change but if I found something that seemed like it may work better I would be willing to switch.

Pros

It is easy to send a mass text to all of my staff and we are able to send announcements to everyone quickly. It makes communicating simple information to everyone quickly and effectively.

Cons

I have to mute many of the conversations because I get notifications when everyone responds. Not sure if there is a way to turn off sound notifications but I've looked and haven't found anything.

JE

Jessica E.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Staff Scheduling in a Breeze

Pros

Crew was a godsend when we found it. We had been attempting to get by with scheduling using a variety of calendar methods, but Crew took the place of all of them quickly and easily. We can schedule our events and allow staff to request them. We can use the software to set up meetings and to chat with staff if needed. And the support team is just a chat away within the software if you ever need them.

Cons

Sometimes it's clunky to switch between companies. There are some features that have been slow to roll out.

KP

Kevin P.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Best Group Chat for Team oriented Employees

A great way to communicate with your “Crew” at work. Team oriented app.

Pros

The fact that you’re able to see who saw the message you sent on the group. If they weren’t able to see it you can tag/forward them on the chat to notify them again.

Cons

If an employee leaves you’re unable to have that contact saved on the app. So once someone leaves they’re gone for good until invited back.

KD

Kari D.

Highly recommend!

Pros

My company has used Crew for a long time now. It’s great to have all of our company communications in one place. Highly useful tool.

Cons

I’d like more support from customer service in how to fully optimize the software.

bb

brandi b.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Crew keep my crew connected!

Pros

It's so easy to use and keep the whole crew connected and communicating.

Cons

The portion of the app designed to help create the CREW schedule is not as user friendly as I had hoped.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great For Scheduling

Pros

The app makes it extremely easy to schedule my team for their shifts, as well as sending updates and notifications. The app stores employee availability for easy access and reference.

Cons

Constant notification to purchase full app, and customer service asking if i need help using, this becomes tiresome and overbearing at times.

KR

Keri R.

Supermarkets, 51-200 employees

Perfect for what we needed

Works pretty decently as we needed a better way to contact everyone even if they weren't here for a few days.

Pros

Cons

It gives the option for notifications which sometimes leaves messages unread because it's not seen right away.

AC

Anna C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

All in one platform

It's an easy for colleagues to communicate without violating personal privacy.

Pros

I love the ease of communicating with my team members. You can communicate with all or create a group smaller group for a specific project.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I would change!

RJ

Ron J.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Team uses the Crew Messaging App

The Crew Messaging App is not just for work. Any organization can use these features.

Pros

You do not need to know telephone numbers of the other people you communicate with in order to use the app.

Cons

Like any new technology, there are imperfections, but every new version gets better.

KD

Kari D.

Love it

Pros

It’s easy to communicate with employees using crew. Having a group chat is simple and then having private messages are easy.

Cons

They have default groups that have created that have created some confusion.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Handy app for coworkers

Pros

Sometimes it is difficult to get everyone's number at work - but your boss has everyone's number and can connect coworkers via crew. It's an excellent route for shift coverage, a place to ask questions if you're at work and no one there knows the answer, for distributing the schedule, for general camaraderie and ideas. Keeps people's number private too.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software. Crew has some built in messages to try and get people to utilize certain functions that look a little messy in the feed. The calendar might be a bit superfluous - seems like a lot of extra work to upload all the info there. We don't use it, we just use pictures for schedules and things.

BT

Bridgitte T.

First time user

Pros

I like that we can communicate with all employees and we get group messages

Cons

I don't like that we get group messages when it should be chat messages but I think that is a user issue

EK

Emily K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

CREW review

Crew really helped connect our team and allows us to have a space to keep work communication separate from our personal texts.

Pros

My team has used CREW for years! It’s easy for people to start on when joining the team, you can assign roles, integrate apps, and communicate clearly! I love the “reward or celebration” of stars they have to celebrate teammates!

Cons

It would be great to change and customize alert settings more.

AP

Amber P.

Wow! Ease of use! So much help from Crew support! Great for communication!

Pros

Communication! No more texting everyone individually. Easy to use, don't have to explain much to new people.

Cons

So far nothing really. Need to get a few features I've recommended but that will be worked on in the future I'm sure

Kelly S.

Crew is an amazing addition to our team communication

Pros

It is so easy to use. If you have questions, all you have to do is contact them or get answers on the app itself. My crew loves the ability to mass message when needed. They love the fact that we can post a schedule