Culture Amp Reviews

Culture Amp

Complete solution for employee feedback and performance

Culture Amp

Culture Amp is an essential tool - I wouldn't be able to do my job as effectively without it.

Pros

I think the UX/ UI is good, and easy enough to use, but also there's so much under the hood so that it's also a really robust tool. The product improvements have actually been improvements, and I'm excited whenever there's an update. The support team is also fantastic - I've never had a poor experience with the support team, and they are really great ambassadors for the company. The Academy is...

Cons

Sometimes I wish the admin functionality was a little bit more robust - i.e. our organization structure changes a little bit year-over-year, but in order to map departments to previous years, it's a manual thing that the support team has to do. Or with the new inspiration engine, if it's customizable to the organization, I think it'd be neat to have a big library of actions, and be able to see which questions/ factors they're tied to, so that when you're writing new ones or building that out, you don't have to do it on the individual survey level. But that's a new part of the product, so maybe it'll get there later.

One of a kind experience

Pros

As we've been going through rapid growth, we've been sourcing and implementing a variety of new technologies. Unsurprisingly, very few meet the expectations post-launch as are described during the sales-process. Culture Amp is the smile-inspiring exception. Their product is user-friendly to a point of constant surprise. And when you do find a rare bug or glitch, they are eager (and FAST!) to address...

Cons

The performance platform is new, so there is some work to be done to integrate that with the main platform. No major concerns, just a general knowledge that work is still being done in this area.

The BEST Tool I've Used In My Professional Career

Culture Amp is our tool and resource for our HR team that really allows us to dive into the team member journey -- from candidate surveys to onboarding and exit interviews - and everything in between. We've learned so much about our staff. I also love all of the resources within the Culture Amp trainings.

Pros

Culture Amp has endless resources to support your organization. I love the reporting features because it really lets you drill down into how your team members are feeling, how they are engaged, what's working, what's not, etc. It's also extremely easy to manage and track access to your organization's report. Finally - the customer service is second to none.

Cons

Culture Amp is on the pricey side. While we currently use it for surveys, there are other products we'd like to try - they're just out of budget at this time. (I still believe it is worth the price though - you get what you pay for).

Great for employee surveys and real time reports that you can share

Pros

I've found it really easy to create custom surveys that I send out to the management team and temp staff we employee for events. I like the reporting feature that enables me to see how engagement in the team is tracking at a glance. It's also easy to share reports with the wider team for transparency. I find it pretty user friendly overall.

Cons

I've had a good experience so far and don't really have anything to complain about. Only thing I'd like to see at the moment is to make it easier to set up reporting permissions with other members of the team.

An absolute must-have for all People and Data geeks out there!

Culture Amp is an incredibly insightful people analytics tool and I wouldn't trade it for any other. It's intuitive and user friendly and great experience for admins too! Setting up surveys is a breeze and having templates for engagement, onboarding, manager feedback and other kinds of surveys is extremely helpful so you don't have to build things from scratch. The best part is reporting - it's fascinating...

Pros

- friendly user interface - quick and easy to both build and fill in - great admin experience - helpful survey templates - easy employee data migration - automated survey launch and operation - insightful reporting - report sharing on any level - great onboarding experience - awesome client support - constant learning and development with peoplegeek community

Cons

Can't think of any really..

A Great Way to Gauge Employee Experience

Overall I have had a great experience with it. The UI is very intuitive and I love that we are able to get a sense for how employees feel about certain aspects. It allows us a greater view into what we need to improve as an organization.

Pros

We recently implemented Culture Amp at our organization and I love it! We have been primarily using it for employee engagement surveys. I love that you have the chance to send surveys that are anonymous for employees and also surveys that are tied to that person specifically. I also like how we can see when the survey was sent to them, and send them a reminder if they haven't completed it yet. We used it most recently for our global benefits survey and it was very enlightening in terms of what employees would like to see added to our plan vs what benefits they were the least interested in.

Cons

We have had a great experience with it so far. The only thing I would like to see added is a way for employees to elaborate on why they choose "strongly agree" vs "agree."

Great tool for getting the most of your employees

So far so good, things are working well with Culture Amp.

Pros

While there are number of survey tools on the market (i.e. surveymonkey), Culture Amp is a nice SaaS tool that integrates with our SSO provider and allows for quick but comprehensive survey creation to engage with employees. We use it for getting feedback on all company events such as all hands or SKO. It's easy to setup a survey with questions and ratings. I like the fact that employees can add additional comments to any of the survey questions. The clean and fast interface also aids in getting participation. The home dashboard is nicely designed and the academy and support sections are quite helpful.

Cons

There doesn't appear to be a mobile app for this which would be nice. The surveys do work well enough on a mobile browser. In the future they probably need to add some additional features to make it more unique. Would be interesting to see their take on a Workday / HR type tool.

I use CultureAmp to assess culture and engagement, as well as onboarding of new employees.

Permitted me to measure engagement across my entire college - faculty, staff, lecturers, administrators. A great product!

Pros

Very easy to use, love the heatmaps that permit me to do cross-index checking. Of particular value is the fact that response demographics (e.g. gender, age, tenure, department, etc.) are pre-loaded so that respondents do not need to enter that information. I believe that also encourages them to be more transparent.

Cons

Literally nothing! It does take time to load the respondent demographics prior to a survey, and that must be designed up front and data entered accurately, but that enables much more power in the use of the software.

its a good option to organized your employess

Better control and better organization in the company

Pros

Its easy to use, and customer support is amazing, it help you to organize your employees, you can design and it allow me to cross-index checking. i love because i can segment my workers

Cons

some reports, they are not so good, it's one of the things that I would improve, they are really improvable to be able to make better analyzes

A great workplace engagement tool, to help improve office culture & align values!

It's provided us with a great tool to improve our organisation wide job satisfaction.

Pros

The employee surveys are professional, easy to fill out and give great insights to HR & to individual teams. We've been able to track engagement over time as a company and use the findings to create immediate & long-term actions that help drive and improve the culture, as well as addressing underlying issues that may cause job dissatisfaction. The anonymity and reporting function protect employees, enabling a more honest sample of data.

Cons

Some of the questions can be vague & potentially misinterpreted however I think this is more the responsibility of HR to make sure everything is clear & communicated well.

Culture Amp provides insights that move the culture needle

Insight into our culture, the specific experiences of our people, a view of our managers and people (strengths/areas for improvement), an easy-to-use exit process that allows us to compare results and view trends.

Pros

Two years ago when we were looking for an engagement survey tool, I came across Culture Amp in a StartUP HR forum. It was recommended over and over by different people at different companies so I looked into it, along with a number of other solutions. Culture Amp came out on top in every comparison I did for its features, ease-of-use, domain expertise, and pricing. After we launched our first survey...

Cons

I find myself going to Culture Amp to do everything and everything it does not do, nor should it. I like it so much, however, that other options pale in comparison. For instance, we are developing a new performance feedback process - not a 360, not a survey, and I'd love to use Culture Amp for that purpose but it's not set up for that, especially because it isn't integrated with our HRIS. Each time we do a new, global survey, I need to upload our data to Culture Amp. It's not a bad process, but I'd love a more seamless option (it may be a limit of our HRIS vs. Culture Amp).

Great System

For almost 2 years now I have been using Culture Amp. It has become one of my favorite systems I have ever worked with in my career. The people are wonderful and the design of the system is easy from an admin side. My most recent frustrations have been with Culture Amp's scalability. Some of the new changes or features are making it even harder for us to leverage the system. For example, the filters not being able to combine, the reports are not user friendly or even easy to manipulate, changing the order of the groups, etc.. But overall Culture and the people are great.

Pros

Admin friendly Systematic approach for surveys Support ( Maria is a saint) Resources ( preset surveys, articles published, etc.)

Cons

Reporting is horrible- I can't export the data in a user friendly approach to present for leaders. The system is more designed to be interactive then produce a information. Leaders want to see a one pager with data cut several different ways. The amount of time it takes for me to do this is ridiculous. Some of the new updates and features I don't think actually enhance the system.

Align your internal people experience with their external IT experience

We genuinely believe Culture Amp to be one of the best tools we've used for measuring employee engagement. We also use the tool for onboarding, offboarding, and internal surveys. We appreciate having full control over the survey process and user experience coupled with the ability to tailor surveys and reports. We're able to tailor questions, configure communications, and update demographics with...

Pros

* It's so easy to use * You can create a high-quality survey quickly and easily * It provides a contemporary user experience * Leaders can access their results with ease

Cons

Filters aren't contextual; allow me to explain with an example. We use our three organisational levels as demographics so these are represented as three standalone filters. This means that if you pick a certain business unit as your first filter and want to use teams as your second filter, you'll see all available teams rather than related to the previously selected business unit. Our workaround was to introduce a prefix for business units, teams, and sub-teams which makes it easier to see related items (the fact we can do this ourselves is pro).

Fantastic system!

When we moved to Culture Amp we had been using the same software provider for a number of years but I went in and challenged the value for money that we were getting out of it, considering the lack of ownership of the data and inability to customize reporting. We are using the data to focus in on the areas that are going to provide the greatest increase in engagement and continue using the tool to conduct pulse surveys throughout the year ( quarterly) to check in on the areas that we have focused on. We are also using it for Exit and Onboarding survey to augment those areas and house all our employee feedback in the one place

Pros

Love the analytics it provides us and the fact that it cut down out analysis time from around 1 week to a day or so so that we can get it out to the team and focus on the actions rather than the analysis. Love the text analysis and the ability to do team effectiveness and 360's as part of the platform as well. As a not for profit I also love that it provides a fantastic survey platform for a fraction of the price- very rare to find these days! I also love how it gives you the focus areas so that you can focus in on a few areas that are the most likely to increase engagement and not get bogged down in all the data!

Cons

Nothing- everything works how it should and they keep adding things based on customer feedback to make it even easier to use! The only thing I will say is that it takes a bit of time to get used to how the data displays and understand it and get the Senior Leadership teams head around it but once you get through the first survey it's great.

Big CA fans here

We're long time users of Culture Amp's employee engagement tool and have always rated their product, support and overall experience very highly. We've also had great feedback from employees completing the survey and managers using the manager dashboard - so it's not just us in the People and Culture team who love it, but people from across the whole company. The tool is very customisable allowing...

Cons

Employee Engagement, the Culture Amp way!

CA is a great tool with simple and easy to use functionality. The reporting is excellent both in terms of the content it provides and the manner in which the data is presented back to us. No analytical skills required to analyse the reports, anyone can read and understand them! The survey templates are well thought out and we've found very little editing is required; CA have managed to put together...

Cons

Excellent! Culture Amp takes the guesswork out of interpreting survey data.

Pros

Ease of setting up the survey, and then all of the built-in analytics makes it easy to interpret and present your data. Now CultureAmp even takes your data and creates the entire powerpoint presentation for you!

Cons

I would love to define "Leaders" a little more specifically as "senior leadership" or "executive leadership" because people get confused, but if I change anything at all to the factor I will lose the ability to compare the factor to past surveys. Also, while I like the new Text Analytics function, the algorithm is off in interpreting positive and negative sentiment of a comment and from categorizing the gist of the comment. I had to re-categorize 360 comments myself because the algorithm was off quite a bit.

Culture Amp, a partner for success

Culture Amp helped us restart our employee engagement survey process at a critical time for Wikimedia. They quickly gained the trust of staff and leadership, providing an in depth survey, with robust benchmarking and analysis. The Culture Amp team went above and beyond, presenting results to staff, and then to leadership as well as our board. They also created post-survey workshops to help staff own...

Cons

Insightful, aesthetically-pleasing tool that makes engagement surveys easy to conduct and review

It's an essential tool to keep a pulse on employee engagement. We've used this tool to identify the pain points our company experiences, and it helps put certain needs in higher priority to our leaders. Because of this tool, we have been able to show common themes in strengths and weaknesses our company has experienced throughout my tenure here, and action plans have been developed because of these survey results.

Pros

The ability to customize and personalize your company's engagement surveys, and the variety of statistics and demographics the results can be filtered by. It lets you easily pinpoint the strengths and growth areas in each demographic for department leaders to review. The feature that allows you to benchmark your results vs. companies like yours is very helpful to see where your company's results stand.

Cons

I like that we can compare an engagement survey's results to a previous one's, but I'd like to see a path over time. We've had over 4 engagement surveys so far, and I'd like to see how responses to questions have changed over time.

Simple tool to collect and analyze employee engagement feedback

Pros

I've taken my company's employee engagement survey twice now, and it's very easy to complete. Our HR department crafts the survey, and we receive an email invitation with a unique link to take the survey. It's very simple and easy to complete. Once everyone responds, we can see the overall feedback and company-wide scores. I think this is a great tool to collect and collate employee feedback so we can act on it. It's also nice to be able to track our progress and responses over time.

Cons

I don't have any major painpoints. I believe the survey says our responses are anonymous, but since I have a unique personal link I don't feel that my responses are completely anonymous.

Culture Amp Review - Employee Engagement

Along with the above comments the customer support was great in terms of quality and timeliness.

Pros

DATA! Having used Survey Monkey in the past it was great the amount of quality data that was produced and the ability to cut it across differing demographics to id any particular focus areas. Ability to benchmark. Not just getting results buy highlighting key areas to focus on in terms of Action Plans We are now building a strong history to ensure we keep focus.

Cons

I struggled from time to time with the tech but that is more about me!

Great platform for deep HR insights

We started using Culture Amp just over a year ago. Their HR surveying has allowed us to add a layer of HR responsiveness to our team that we simply didn't have before. Many team members don't feel comfortable providing written or verbal feedback directly to management that they feel might make them look like they're complaining, yet this kind of feedback is critical to ensuring that our team can grow...

Pros

Allows for transparency in the workplace and keeps management accountable to their team.

Cons

I can't think of a negative aspect of this platform.

Great Tool - Fast and Useful Feedback

The power of the tool is the flexibility and opportunity to really understand what is happening with our people and how we can make our office an even better place to work.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility

Cons

Really good company to deal with and a great product.

Pros

The logic behind the standard survey questions is advanced and has been well thought through, which has saved us from having to write our own from scratch.

Cons

The end of survey results could be better presented, and it would be helpful if all results could be automatically be exported in to a presentation.

Balance of power, features, simplicity, and great outcomes

Excellent person who sold (and continues to stay in touch) with us ... low pressure, really friendly, interested in our needs and specific case. Excellent product ... has allowed us to conduct a Team-wide engagement survey with minimal effort considering how big an undertaking this can be. Not only that, the reporting points to top factors to focus on (the data can be really overwhelming without that)...