Culture Amp Logo
Culture Amp

Complete solution for employee feedback and performance

visit website

Culture Amp Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.15/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The UI is very intuitive and I love that we are able to get a sense for how employees feel about certain aspects. It allows us a greater view into what we need to improve as an organization.
As a not for profit I also love that it provides a fantastic survey platform for a fraction of the price- very rare to find these days.
Its easy to use, and customer support is amazing, it help you to organize your employees, you can design and it allow me to cross-index checking. I love because i can segment my workers.

Casey A.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Culture Amp is an essential tool - I wouldn't be able to do my job as effectively without it.

Pros

I think the UX/ UI is good, and easy enough to use, but also there's so much under the hood so that it's also a really robust tool. The product improvements have actually been improvements, and I'm excited whenever there's an update. The support team is also fantastic - I've never had a poor experience with the support team, and they are really great ambassadors for the company. The Academy is...

Cons

Sometimes I wish the admin functionality was a little bit more robust - i.e. our organization structure changes a little bit year-over-year, but in order to map departments to previous years, it's a manual thing that the support team has to do. Or with the new inspiration engine, if it's customizable to the organization, I think it'd be neat to have a big library of actions, and be able to see which questions/ factors they're tied to, so that when you're writing new ones or building that out, you don't have to do it on the individual survey level. But that's a new part of the product, so maybe it'll get there later.

Farming, 201-500 employees

Worth the money!

Pros

I love that Culture Amp just makes things so simple for the People team now. They have survey templates readily available so we don't even have to design the surveys anymore. It's very user friendly for employees to take the survey and the reporting is the best part. It really protects anonymity while allowing you to take targeted action.

Cons

While the Performance features have many of the things you would expect in an OKR software, it's not as strong as their survey module yet. For example, there are opportunities to improve in the features for adding and tracking OKR progress. This is a newer feature for them though so I am hopeful to see where they will be at in a few years from now.

NT

Nicklas T.

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Product seems to be still in development and customer service takes month to answer questions.

Very poor. I do not understand the high rating of the product as the tool still seems to be in development and does not justify the given price.

Pros

We chose cultureAmp because we wanted a tool that could combine the companies Goalsetting strategy and the feedback and performance measurement tools in on. Also Cultureamp provided useful resources during the conceptualization phase.

Cons

The tool was not what was sold to us. The Goalsetting section in cultureamp was unable for the team as the tables always showed the oldest goals at the top and one needed to manually filter dates to see the currently active goals which meant people were not using it. During the Setup Phase and the conduction of quarterly feedback cycles, many bugs led to us having to find workarounds (e.g. the CEO could not see his feedback as it was only visible for the user's manager, or not being able to share feedback with the recipient directly). We highlighted these topics within the first month of using the tool, however, it took the organization ~8 month to get back to us and only when we stopped paying the bills due to the underperformance.

GO

Gustavo O.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

First time using, amazing so far

Overall the tool has been amazing from a user's perspective. I'm excited to continue to use especially now that our organization is asking for our opinions on returning to work in the office.

Pros

Culture amp is a leader in its space when it comes to employee engagement and I can see why! At this moment our organization is only using culture amp for employee engagement. So far I've noticed that (1) it's easy to get out to your employees (2) the tool is very easy to use (3) it's very appealing and looks really nice (4) Great customer support (5) easy to use for both HR managers and users.

Cons

I've heard from the HR team that at times it can be difficult to manage the system from the admin side, however, from a user's perspective - the tool has been amazing.

Hi Gustavo, Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We're so pleased to hear that Recurly is using Culture Amp for employee engagement and that you're finding the platform easy to use. We would love to make your experience even more amazing, and if there is anything you would recommend us improving, we would love to hear from you! Thanks again for your review. Best, Bailey

Nikki M.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

One of a kind experience

Pros

As we've been going through rapid growth, we've been sourcing and implementing a variety of new technologies. Unsurprisingly, very few meet the expectations post-launch as are described during the sales-process. Culture Amp is the smile-inspiring exception. Their product is user-friendly to a point of constant surprise. And when you do find a rare bug or glitch, they are eager (and FAST!) to address...

Cons

The performance platform is new, so there is some work to be done to integrate that with the main platform. No major concerns, just a general knowledge that work is still being done in this area.

Adriána B.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

An absolute must-have for all People and Data geeks out there!

Culture Amp is an incredibly insightful people analytics tool and I wouldn't trade it for any other. It's intuitive and user friendly and great experience for admins too! Setting up surveys is a breeze and having templates for engagement, onboarding, manager feedback and other kinds of surveys is extremely helpful so you don't have to build things from scratch. The best part is reporting - it's fascinating...

Pros

- friendly user interface - quick and easy to both build and fill in - great admin experience - helpful survey templates - easy employee data migration - automated survey launch and operation - insightful reporting - report sharing on any level - great onboarding experience - awesome client support - constant learning and development with peoplegeek community

Cons

Can't think of any really..

AM

Aurelie M.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

2022 Culture Amp Review

Pros

it can be integrated with my HRMS It offers lots of templates

Cons

They do not have probation reviews it can be somewhat difficult to extract results, but once you graps it it becomes very user friendly

Antonio S.

Internet, self-employed

Culture Amp Pros and Cons

Pros

The ability to offer anonymous feedback or send surveys aimed particularly at a single individual is a popular compliment for cultural ramp users. The user interface is really user-friendly, and I like that we can get a sense of how the staff feels about different things.

Cons

Users complain about the lack of reporting options, citing data export and report customization as examples. Before deciding on an employee engagement solution, it's a good idea to collect various quotations.

Jim H.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

I use CultureAmp to assess culture and engagement, as well as onboarding of new employees.

Permitted me to measure engagement across my entire college - faculty, staff, lecturers, administrators. A great product!

Pros

Very easy to use, love the heatmaps that permit me to do cross-index checking. Of particular value is the fact that response demographics (e.g. gender, age, tenure, department, etc.) are pre-loaded so that respondents do not need to enter that information. I believe that also encourages them to be more transparent.

Cons

Literally nothing! It does take time to load the respondent demographics prior to a survey, and that must be designed up front and data entered accurately, but that enables much more power in the use of the software.

Carlos R.

Import and Export, 51-200 employees

It's great but a bit complex

Great, but could be better.

Pros

Beautiful interface, perfectly fulfills what it promises, but you have to know how to use it.

Cons

As I mentioned, you have to know how to use it, it can be somewhat cumbersome at first, that's the only problem I saw.

JS

Jenny S.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Culture Amp provides insights that move the culture needle

Insight into our culture, the specific experiences of our people, a view of our managers and people (strengths/areas for improvement), an easy-to-use exit process that allows us to compare results and view trends.

Pros

Two years ago when we were looking for an engagement survey tool, I came across Culture Amp in a StartUP HR forum. It was recommended over and over by different people at different companies so I looked into it, along with a number of other solutions. Culture Amp came out on top in every comparison I did for its features, ease-of-use, domain expertise, and pricing. After we launched our first survey...

Cons

I find myself going to Culture Amp to do everything and everything it does not do, nor should it. I like it so much, however, that other options pale in comparison. For instance, we are developing a new performance feedback process - not a 360, not a survey, and I'd love to use Culture Amp for that purpose but it's not set up for that, especially because it isn't integrated with our HRIS. Each time we do a new, global survey, I need to upload our data to Culture Amp. It's not a bad process, but I'd love a more seamless option (it may be a limit of our HRIS vs. Culture Amp).

EK

Elisabeth K.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great System

For almost 2 years now I have been using Culture Amp. It has become one of my favorite systems I have ever worked with in my career. The people are wonderful and the design of the system is easy from an admin side. My most recent frustrations have been with Culture Amp's scalability. Some of the new changes or features are making it even harder for us to leverage the system. For example, the filters not being able to combine, the reports are not user friendly or even easy to manipulate, changing the order of the groups, etc.. But overall Culture and the people are great.

Pros

Admin friendly Systematic approach for surveys Support ( Maria is a saint) Resources ( preset surveys, articles published, etc.)

Cons

Reporting is horrible- I can't export the data in a user friendly approach to present for leaders. The system is more designed to be interactive then produce a information. Leaders want to see a one pager with data cut several different ways. The amount of time it takes for me to do this is ridiculous. Some of the new updates and features I don't think actually enhance the system.

RW

Ross W.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Align your internal people experience with their external IT experience

We genuinely believe Culture Amp to be one of the best tools we've used for measuring employee engagement. We also use the tool for onboarding, offboarding, and internal surveys. We appreciate having full control over the survey process and user experience coupled with the ability to tailor surveys and reports. We're able to tailor questions, configure communications, and update demographics with...

Pros

* It's so easy to use * You can create a high-quality survey quickly and easily * It provides a contemporary user experience * Leaders can access their results with ease

Cons

Filters aren't contextual; allow me to explain with an example. We use our three organisational levels as demographics so these are represented as three standalone filters. This means that if you pick a certain business unit as your first filter and want to use teams as your second filter, you'll see all available teams rather than related to the previously selected business unit. Our workaround was to introduce a prefix for business units, teams, and sub-teams which makes it easier to see related items (the fact we can do this ourselves is pro).

RS

RACHEL S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Fantastic system!

When we moved to Culture Amp we had been using the same software provider for a number of years but I went in and challenged the value for money that we were getting out of it, considering the lack of ownership of the data and inability to customize reporting. We are using the data to focus in on the areas that are going to provide the greatest increase in engagement and continue using the tool to conduct pulse surveys throughout the year ( quarterly) to check in on the areas that we have focused on. We are also using it for Exit and Onboarding survey to augment those areas and house all our employee feedback in the one place

Pros

Love the analytics it provides us and the fact that it cut down out analysis time from around 1 week to a day or so so that we can get it out to the team and focus on the actions rather than the analysis. Love the text analysis and the ability to do team effectiveness and 360's as part of the platform as well. As a not for profit I also love that it provides a fantastic survey platform for a fraction of the price- very rare to find these days! I also love how it gives you the focus areas so that you can focus in on a few areas that are the most likely to increase engagement and not get bogged down in all the data!

Cons

Nothing- everything works how it should and they keep adding things based on customer feedback to make it even easier to use! The only thing I will say is that it takes a bit of time to get used to how the data displays and understand it and get the Senior Leadership teams head around it but once you get through the first survey it's great.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Honest review of Culture Amp

Overall Culture Amp is a good employee engagement software that can help you manage employee engagement and increase employee retention. It helps in performance management and employee development from a single platform.

Pros

Few things I like most in Culture Amp Its easy to use. It allows you to take one on one meetings. Its few features like individual development plans, surveys & feedback , and self assessment features helps to improve culture of company and increase employee retention. One more think I like about culture Amp is , it allows to customise the surveys on the basis of requirements.

Cons

Few things I like least about the software is- Lack of reporting options. And the price of Culture Amp is relatively high. It should add more features in HR analytics.

JR

Jordyn R.

Big CA fans here

We're long time users of Culture Amp's employee engagement tool and have always rated their product, support and overall experience very highly. We've also had great feedback from employees completing the survey and managers using the manager dashboard - so it's not just us in the People and Culture team who love it, but people from across the whole company. The tool is very customisable allowing...

Dairy, 5,001-10,000 employees

Culture Amp for human resource and employees automation

A good tool in facilitating the work of institutions by automating personnel affairs, even if it needs some development and adding some features.

Pros

A wonderful platform in managing human resources affairs and managing everything related to employees. It provides scientific surveys that are useful in managing companies, and provides analyzes that benefit employees greatly in their work.

Cons

The analyzes of the reports that are provided to the employees must be more simplified than that in order to be understood easily and quickly.

GK

George K.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Truly Amazing

We've used Culture Amp for Employee Engagement, Remote Work / Returning to the Office, CEO's 360 leadership survey and CEO Performance Evaluation completed by the Board of Directors, to survey employees following the implementation of new policies to gauge understanding and any questions they may have, etc.

Pros

I've used Culture Amp in my last two organizations. Wherever I go Culture Amp comes along with me (it's a condition of my employment - LOL). Ease of use, ease of implementation, cost effective, great templates for engagement and effectiveness that are built based upon behavioural science and feedback from users, can be used internally for employees and externally for board of directors, built in analytics and reporting, and awesome customer service which is just a chat away. Culture Amp is constantly improving the platform even making available things like 1 x 1 conversations and Skills Coach to all customers.

Cons

None that come to mind. That's how much I love Culture Amp.

Hi George, Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We are SO humbled and proud to learn that you are such a fan of Culture Amp! It's also great to hear that you've been able to leverage the platform for so many company initiatives. We would love to make your experience even more amazing, and if there is anything you would recommend us improving, we would love to hear from you. Thanks again for your review! Best, Bailey

MB

Mohammad B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Fabulous platform that opens two-way of communication between employees and employer

Pros

The best part of Culture Amp is the part of collecting data through surveys from employees that helps the business in fixing any issues that the company faces through the feedback. The integration with Slack helps a lot by notifying all the activities. The support system is very nice and there is a lot of training available that has helped us a lot to have hands on experience before using the platform

Cons

I would say the flaw I see is the pricing structure of Culture Amp as for what it does, it is expensive. There should be new automation and integration with other third party platforms too.

LC

Luis C.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

World Class Evaluation Solution

Good experience on using the results of CultureAmp to take action on insights provided by the tool.

Pros

It makes analysis of the responses evaluating emotions and qualitative and quantitative scores; the result of these evaluations and analytics allows a great analysis of different areas of the business.

Cons

Just the fact that it is more expensive than other options but it provides much more features than other commercial options.

Hi Luis, Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to post this review! It's our customers that allow us to constantly improve the way we do business. I'm so glad you're having a positive experience and have been able to use Culture Amp to take action! We would love to make your experience even more amazing, and if there is anything you would recommend us improving, we would love to hear from you. Thanks again for your review! Best, Bailey

FR

Fozia R.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Employee Engagement, the Culture Amp way!

CA is a great tool with simple and easy to use functionality. The reporting is excellent both in terms of the content it provides and the manner in which the data is presented back to us. No analytical skills required to analyse the reports, anyone can read and understand them! The survey templates are well thought out and we've found very little editing is required; CA have managed to put together...

SD

Seema D.

Used other for 2+ years

Excellent! Culture Amp takes the guesswork out of interpreting survey data.

Pros

Ease of setting up the survey, and then all of the built-in analytics makes it easy to interpret and present your data. Now CultureAmp even takes your data and creates the entire powerpoint presentation for you!

Cons

I would love to define "Leaders" a little more specifically as "senior leadership" or "executive leadership" because people get confused, but if I change anything at all to the factor I will lose the ability to compare the factor to past surveys. Also, while I like the new Text Analytics function, the algorithm is off in interpreting positive and negative sentiment of a comment and from categorizing the gist of the comment. I had to re-categorize 360 comments myself because the algorithm was off quite a bit.

JL

Joady L.

Culture Amp, a partner for success

Culture Amp helped us restart our employee engagement survey process at a critical time for Wikimedia. They quickly gained the trust of staff and leadership, providing an in depth survey, with robust benchmarking and analysis. The Culture Amp team went above and beyond, presenting results to staff, and then to leadership as well as our board. They also created post-survey workshops to help staff own...

SY

Susanna Y.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Insightful, aesthetically-pleasing tool that makes engagement surveys easy to conduct and review

It's an essential tool to keep a pulse on employee engagement. We've used this tool to identify the pain points our company experiences, and it helps put certain needs in higher priority to our leaders. Because of this tool, we have been able to show common themes in strengths and weaknesses our company has experienced throughout my tenure here, and action plans have been developed because of these survey results.

Pros

The ability to customize and personalize your company's engagement surveys, and the variety of statistics and demographics the results can be filtered by. It lets you easily pinpoint the strengths and growth areas in each demographic for department leaders to review. The feature that allows you to benchmark your results vs. companies like yours is very helpful to see where your company's results stand.

Cons

I like that we can compare an engagement survey's results to a previous one's, but I'd like to see a path over time. We've had over 4 engagement surveys so far, and I'd like to see how responses to questions have changed over time.

Used other for 6-12 months

Simple tool to collect and analyze employee engagement feedback

Pros

I've taken my company's employee engagement survey twice now, and it's very easy to complete. Our HR department crafts the survey, and we receive an email invitation with a unique link to take the survey. It's very simple and easy to complete. Once everyone responds, we can see the overall feedback and company-wide scores. I think this is a great tool to collect and collate employee feedback so we can act on it. It's also nice to be able to track our progress and responses over time.

Cons

I don't have any major painpoints. I believe the survey says our responses are anonymous, but since I have a unique personal link I don't feel that my responses are completely anonymous.