Dayforce HCM Logo

Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 2

Decent HR Software Program That Gets the Job Done

Dayforce HCM is our main source for anything employee-related and it has been a consistent and useful resource for us. It has the information we need and when we need it, and we can trust and depend on them to provide the functionalities we require. Although not as UI/UX friendly as other software platforms such as Workday, it is a relatively cheap platform that allows employees to do what they need to do.

Pros

Dayforce HCM is a good HR software program in that it is a cloud-based platform for workforce management and other essential things such as payroll, benefits, and document management. It essentially gets the job done for the common employee and offers enough functionality to be a useful platform.

Cons

The overall aesthetic feel and functionality wasn't as smooth and intuitive as the previous HR software our company used, which was Workday. It's not a dealbreaker but it goes a long way to empower the user to feel like they understand and to a large degree have a comfortable control of the app in the first few experiences.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback! Your insight is very valuable and we appreciate you spending the time to share your experience. Very best, Michael

Leaping into the future...

ABC Inoac previously utilized the Ceridian HPW platform solely for payroll management. Due to personnel changes and attrition over the years, we were down to only two users who could operate within HPW. As the obvious need for change was being discussed, we became aware of the Dayforce application and could not wait to see it first hand. From day one we knew this was the solution would best fit...

Pros

Fairly seamless transition from HPW to Dayforce platform. We used to utilize a separate Kronos system for timekeeping so having timekeeping and payroll all in one application now is so much easier. Our HR and support staff are able to focus on other important issues rather than spend hours on timesheets. Utilizing the benefits functionality has been a bit of a transition but has gone very well. We look forward to a totally interactive open enrollment in 2017.

Cons

Implementation team changes caused some delays during configuration which ultimately cut into our testing timeline. This was a bit of an inconvenience but thanks to a great internal team, we were able to navigate the changes without jeopardizing the go-live of 1/1/16.

Dayforce is Great

It replaced a prior HCM system that was not doing a good job. Users were not happy with the accessibility to infromation

Pros

It is fantastic. It handles all of our HCM and payroll needs. The reporting is great, never any issues with compliance

Cons

There is nothing that i dont like . It is a great platform.

Transformation

My overall experience was good. Our implementation team kept us on track and asked us questions to understand our business and processes and recommend best practices for us. I would and have recommended Dayforce to others.

Pros

Our business was heavily paper driven prior to using Dayforce. We had an older payroll system, no benefits administration, a separate time and attendance system outside of payroll, a manual recruiting and manual learning process. What I like most about Dayforce is that it’s a single platform that will house all important employee information is together. I no longer have managers calling to ask...

Cons

The downside is that each module that we purchased is a separate cost. This is a good and bad thing, we only pay for what we need, but since I want everything we need to pay for it.

Good intention, but poor execution

I like our older system, TimeForce by Qquest much better. It was much more user friendly.

Pros

This product attempts to gather all HR themed items in one location. That is beneficial. Timesheets, schedules, pay stubs, benefits, etc.

Cons

Much of the software appears outdated. Organization is at a minimal, it's like they kept adding things and never organized it well. Locations for certain aspects are all over the place, and rarely makes sense where to find. Forms are not very clear. Training videos are outdated and show clearly older versions of the software. Work Schedules for my employees are never correct, I then correct it,...

Easy to use, lots of flexibility, and huge time saver!

Our company launched Dayforce HCM in May of 2015. We went from an entirely manual process to a sleek HRIS. This was a large challenge due to the significant amount of change for our managers and employees. Luckily, Dayforce was easy to use so it reduced the amount of training our employees needed. Now that we are fully functional on the program, we are seeing huge productivity gains from our admin, payroll, HR and management teams. We have also increased our ability to effectively manage our business by increasing our visibility and access to employees. I would highly recommend this product to others looking to invest in an HRIS or considering changing providers.

Pros

The ability to customize the product to fit our unique business challenges. This was very important to us given we work in a very complex environment. Ceridian was able to make software changes that allowed us to accomplish the specific tasks we needed in order to effectively manage our business.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software are some of the compatibility issues. The recruitment module is unable to accept formatting from Microsoft word which means we need to change the format of job descriptions before they can be posted.

Phenomenal Human Resources Software, Highly Recommended!

My overall experience with Dayforce HCM has been great. It took me only a couple of minutes to set up my payroll administration preferences, my benefit preferences, as well as several other aspects of the on-boarding experience which employers typically ask of their new employees. I have not experienced any issues thus far in using Dayforce HCM, and I have been using it for quite a while now.

Pros

There are multiple things that I enjoy about Dayforce HCM, some of which include the ability to simply and efficiently administer payroll information such that employees would be able to enter their personal bank account information, how they would like their pay distributed among multiple bank accounts, if applicable. I also very much like the simplicity of the user interface when dealing with benefit...

Cons

The only possible aspect that I can point out as a negative when it comes to Dayforce HCM is its pricing brackets. Compared to other HR services, the price is a bit more expensive, which may become an obstacle for some, but when considering the value of the service you would be getting, I feel it is well worth it. Outside of the potential pricing barrier, I honestly have nothing else to point out as a negative, as the service does everything it promises to be able to do, and efficiently.

Reasons for using Dayforce

Faster payroll runs, love year end process which really save time and stress.

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to train new users. Handles or tax filings with little issues. Tax representatives easy to discuss any issue with. Payroll processing is quick and finishes very quickly with no errors if you check your import. Love how easy year end is. Even with having to hit information from HR and our accounts payable department we can close year end with little or no overtime. Support needs some work but they are becoming better in handling issues.

Cons

The support answering and helping wth issues. No communication between Dayforce and Source Tax.

Dayforce is a great partner for our success

It has been Good but with a lot of areas for improvement

Pros

Cloud Base accessible and portable. Easy customization as clients we can create and modify fields on our own very quicly

Cons

The difficulty interfacing data, and the there is much opportunity for improvement in interfacing. Most of the interfacing had to be on our own with little support. We think the support was not enough and has created delays and painstaking situations.

Intuitive System

We implemented this system almost a year ago throughout our whole organization and we LOVE it! Our team members appreciate having some of the power in their hands to be able to see their schedules on the mobile app, request time off on the mobile app, managers can approve request on the mobile app, and the system is very easy to navigate. If we had to make the choice again, we would not change a thing!

Pros

Dayforce is very intuitive, which is one of the reasons we decided on Dayforce. We looked at the system from the perspective of the team member, who would use it, but most likely not daily. How would they be able to navigate the system? What would be their challenges? We found that Dayforce was able to rise to the challenge and provide many tools that would help our team members out along the way. One of them we like is the great mobile app that appeals to the millennials. Being able to check schedules, time worked, request time off, etc. on the mobile app has been a huge success for the team members as well as the managers who would get the calls to find out what the schedule is, or how much time off is available.

Cons

The reporting for someone not as advanced is great, but for those that are more advanced it can be challenging. To be fair, they do have a lot of standard reports that you can tweak, but for those that like to get in and pull various reports, I don't think they have a good way of letting you know what the tables are and where to pull the data from.

Dayforce Review

We use this for payroll currently and are in the process of implementing HR.

Pros

The system is easy for us to use. We have not had any issues with our processes.

Cons

Report Building is not as robust as we would like.

Great HCM product that will save your company labor costs and help you in every aspect of HR & Payroll

I LOVE the system! We just went through the Thomas fire in Southern California and without this system we would not have been able to communicate with our staff. While we were being evacuated, I was trying to send payroll and if we were still with ADP we never would have been able to. I would have had 750 employees that were evacuated, some had lost everything and they would not have gotten paid. Dayforce...

Pros

Robust system, everything is in 1, constantly enhancing the system, Insights conference is AMAZING, XOXO website lets you communicate with other customers and is hands down a game changer

Cons

Because the system is so robust, the implementation is hard, reporting is outdated and formatting is not the best.

Ceridian Dayforce Review

I'd describe the experience with the cliche "it's a rollercoaster." There have been many process improvements that have come about based on Release updates and the interface is so nice to utilize. However, we have spent so many extra dollars attempting to fix issues stemming from implementation. It should be easier to make improvements without an added cost.

Pros

I enjoy that this system is constantly evolving and improving their features and services. They listen to customer feedback and work to add improvements with each release.

Cons

Unfortunately, the hand-off between Implementation and Support can be difficult, especially if you were not on the team to implement the product. Additionally, the added cost to fix issues stemming from implementation can be incredibly frustrating, especially for a not-for-profit client. We have to debate whether the cost is worth the advancement or if we should continue utilizing manual work-arounds. That's a terrible place to be in when attempting to improve HR processes. Additionally, if you are not knowledgeable in technological terminology, it can be very difficult to "speak the same language" as the Support Team and this can lead to communication break-downs.

Dayforce has everything we need in a HCM product

I love Dayforce and would highly recommend it to any organization looking for a cloud based Human Capital Management System. (It has lowered our monthly costs for our payroll process.) :)

Pros

Dayforce has been great for all our time and attendance needs. We just implemented the payroll module which has now replaced an old outdated system. It has saved us time processing payroll therefore saved us money. It's also been great for allowing our employees to record project coding hours for units they have worked on for the purpose of billing our customers for labor costs. Exporting and importing can be set up automatically or done manual for all reporting requirements. I love Dayforce!

Cons

The only issue I have with Dayforce is the reporting aspect. Any reports that are configured that come with the implementation are set up and ready to go. But when trying to make one of my own it's by trial and error. I have taken one of their free training seminars, but need to revisit it to see what I'm doing so I can correct things.

Probably more cons at this point than pros

It is a single platform and we are still working to integrate each module to the full potential.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use and it is a clean looking platform.

Cons

Some of the things I like least about the software are the custom reports (creating can be difficult as I can't pull in all the fields I believe I should be able to from the employee profile - i.e. GL splits); I am finding the mid-year HSA enrollment changes to be very difficult (employees find it difficult as well); and the GL setup is not conducive to making manual changes during the year. I have to constantly contact support to make changes and go through multiple tests just to get to where we need to be for reporting.

Software is great

AWESOME

Pros

Get one report across countries. Single platform us, and was able to help keep us in compliance

Cons

There is no roll total feature for multiple checks

Best HCM I've used!

Our HR/Payroll functions have improved dramatically. We were 90% paper-based and now I would say we are 15% paper based or less. It was a lot of work to implement Dayforce for a 4000+ employee company but it was so worth it.

Pros

Single platform HCM with real time functionality, promotes paperless HR/Payroll processing, makes payroll processing a breeze, Ceridian constantly enhances the product and listens to customer feedback

Cons

It's been challenging going from the Silverlight-based functions to the HTML because we were used to using the Silverlight modules but now that we're getting used to the new HTML modules I really like them. The challenging part about getting used to the new HTML modules is we had just implemented Dayforce so we were still getting used to the software itself and then we had to get used to a new version in HTML which had a different look/feel.

Hi Lisa, Thank you kindly for your review! We are delighted you are having a wonderful experience with Dayforce. All the best, Michael

reporting & scheduling

Good - working through the issues with support

Pros

reports should be able to put numbers in two decimal places managers should be able to edit schedules on the same screen as timesheets

Cons

reports - creating employee change report - runs be change date not date range of change.

DayForce

Pros

user friendly, all in one platform, system admin

Cons

support takes long to resolve a problem sometimes.

Innovative and customizable total HR solution

Pros

Ceridian was able to customize the solution to fit my unique business needs. The other HRIS providers were not willing to make changes in their offerings and instead pushed an "one size fits most" product. The solution has automated our payroll, recruitment, onboarding, HR, benefits, document management, performance management process and more. Ceridian has now become a daily stop for our employees and has significantly reduced the administration work for our payroll and HR teams. Whats more, the product has enhanced our security and privacy by transiting to a secure software program instead of using paper and excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Turn around time for customer solution tickets could be improved. Sometimes when little things need to be tweaked the customer needs to submit a ticket to their client solutions team. On average the turn around time has acceptable but on occasion could be faster.

Longtime partnership continues to improve through Dayforce!

Pros

Flexibility! Dayforce is easily customizable to accommodate our business needs as they change. As we continue to add modules, our processes increasingly become more efficient, effective and accurate. Simultaneously and seamlessly the system streamlines all of the data, whether it's HR or Payroll, in a functional manner. We've reduced the time to process payroll by 70%! We appreciate the partnership with Ceridian, a relationship that has lasted over 29 years!

Cons

I would like to see quarterly regional meetings to meet other Ceridian/Dayforce clients, gain insights and share ideas. The only time I get an opportunity to meet and collaborate with other users is during Insights and I seem to always miss the opportunity to meet other users. I would like to see a price break for non-profit companies. It's important to retain our services but we are limited in the dollars we spend annually.

All in One Software Package for Your Time & Attendance, Payroll and Human Resource Needs

Make the decision to choose Ceridian Dayforce! It's worth the investment.

Pros

Dayforce HCM is a one stop shop to handle our robust business needs. We have over 2,500 employees that work multiple jobs at multiple locations and needed a system to handle our Timekeeping, Scheduling and Payroll alongside our Recruiting, Onboarding and Performance Management needs. This system has great reporting features and the ability to create custom reports that meet specific business needs. Dayforce HCM also has the ability to create several different roles with different permissions and this functionality is a plus for the different management levels we have. I also love the workflow features throughout the system and the ability for forms to be created and routed to the appropriate approver to reduce some of our manual processes.

Cons

A new system always requires training and Dayforce HCM is the same. There is a plethora of training that should and needs to be completed to be able to fully use and appreciate all this software has to offer. Great news is Ceridian has a comprehensive training site which houses videos, instructor-led courses, MyPath (hands-on) training, etc. which will be great preparation to use this system.

Reports on demand

It's been very positive. The support staff has been phenomenal and they have helped us all along the way. I was shocked at the level of support we received in order to help us with some of our more creative problems.

Pros

I love that I'm able to get the reports that I need relating to my department. I'm able to pull reports in real time and get them instantly in excel format where I can manipulate the data to better my department and company. Even better I can write my own reports including the data I need and exclude what I don't need. This has been monumental in pushing my department and company forward in a very competitive market.

Cons

Some of the things I need in order to be more successful require an added fee per employee. Advanced scheduling module would be very beneficial for me, but we cannot justify the cost at this time

It’s been a ride.....

Started our journey in June 2018. Thought it would be a smooth 12 weeks. Was supposed to go LIVE on October 1, pushed to January 1, pushed to April 1. “Fired” the first Implementation team because they were not expert ICs and somewhat unfamiliar with US payroll law. Was transferred to a new PM who is great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and higher level IC [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to bale out the previous team. Much of what was built in HPW could not just be imported and had to be re-built.

Pros

Ease of processing payroll. Report writer. More automation available compared to HPW platform. Dayforce talks to WFM! Earnings statements real time.

Cons

Cannot have Job Title and job code (attached to EEO code) on EE profile. Has been very challenging building the system with complex pay policies. New Hire form data entry does not trickle into all of the necessary fields that we use, so we have to touch about 10 screens to put all of New Hire data in.

Payroll requires accuracy

So far so good but willing to submit idea to support portal for improvement.

Pros

Accurate in reporting, easy to run simple reports, automatically to do retro pay, can automatically calculate pay checks without manually changing any. Fields

Cons

WFM reporting not that accurate if there is no pay in timesheet, no show in employee attendance, no records can be found in report with WFM