All categories

Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 3

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Very supportive through the selection process

We were looking to consolidate our systems with an easy to use product

Pros

We selected the product due to its functionality, it's great GUI, and the support we received during our selection process. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. our Sales Executive, was extremely available and helpful as we were comparing HRIS products.

Cons

We are curious how effective the ATS will be over the long-haul, but are optimistic.

Complete timekeeping app

I've been using the Dayforce app for years now and I have come to like it. It took some time to get used to but I think it is the complete software and app for managing the time of employees of an organization. I like the ability to have shortcuts on the home screen and that it allows me to use my fingerprint to sign in. The most notable issue was the initial on-boarding process. It was a hassle because the proper username format was unclear causing a delay in getting hundreds of employees set up.

Pros

Easy connection and set up Fingerprint use to sign in Saves my username Ability to receive messages from HR App interface allows you to set up shortcuts Can view abbreviated version of paystub Geolocation feature

Cons

The layout of the software is a little overwhelming at first until you learn where to find everything. Username has to be exact, some people include middle initial and some dont-trial and error to find out

Used Ceridian Dayforce while processing Multi-State Payroll for luxury retailors

Pros

I liked the ability automate many of the different pay rules depicted by state laws such as CA's sick time and overtime within the time and attendance. It is easy to navigate and touches on all functions of HR and payroll. We used the HR piece to do our new hires, benefits, time and attendance, along with payroll was pretty decent. The import process within Dayforce was pretty smooth to work with, considering all the types of pay data that needed to go in. Overall I would recommend for anyone who wants to go automated and cut out the manual work. I was impressed even with the retro calculation feature we used to do retros.

Cons

I don't think their was anything I disliked, other than having to upgrade every few months to the next release to ensure functionality and maintain success. Otherwise no cons, but cost maybe.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Dayforce helped us ditch the spreadsheets!

Pros

Dayforce is highly configurable. We are a mid-size manufacturer with plant's in 3 states, 2 different pay frequencies, and 4 different bargaining agreements. Needless to say, we have a complex payroll. Dayforce easily handles our complex pay and benefits structures, and it is easy to make changes each time there is a new bargaining agreement. Customer support has gotten much better since they changed to a the 'pod' model - now when we call or open an online ticket, I get someone that is already familiar with our company and our Dayforce configuration.

Cons

I would like to see them offer more in-depth training for those of us that are HRIS administrators, so that we could do more of our own configuration and have less billable projects. The platform runs slow at times. Only really a problem on payroll processing days.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Dayforce makes my life easier!!

Previously I was processing payroll and onboarding employees using 2 different systems. A time and attendance and a payroll/HR system. Switching to Dayforce has streamlined the way we handle HR incidents, new hires, payroll, time and attendance all in one easy to use the system. My employees appreciate the fact they can now take ownership and enjoy the fact that they have access to see their time, paystubs, able to change addresses, or personal info has needed. As a payroll/HR administrator, time is of the essence when processing accurate payroll. Dayforce streamlined our payroll process and what used to take 3 days, now only takes 1!!!

Pros

Payroll/HR System is easy to use and the icons they have created helps when issues need to be addressed for my managers.

Cons

Silverlight crashes a lot but Dayforce and Ceridian are moving away from Silverlight so it should not be a problem in upcoming future.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Dayforce makes my job easier

We have been using Dayforce for a little more than three years. We use it as a North American tool, whereby we are able to report on all employees regardless of where they are located. We continue to find new ways to define and segment pay categories so that we can drill down and report on various cost areas. While many of our hourly employees do not always have access to a computer, the Dayforce app makes reviewing pay information (the most important to them) readily available and almost everyone has an android or iPhone.

Pros

Reporting is fairly easy. Easy to manage both payroll and benefits. Carrier feeds are very important in reducing administrative time. Ability to pull payroll registers is extremely helpful. Ability to request information in different formats (PDF, Excel) is also important.

Cons

Ability to customize or move things on the screen. Some of the job/position fields are a bit misleading, but that may be because of the way we set them up.

Good System

Pros

The interface itself is pretty easy to use within the Dayforce modules and I really like how they talk to each other and streamline processes. I have had some of my best experiences with customer service through Ceridian and they always help me modify the system quickly to make it work effectively for me.

Cons

The biggest difficulty we've experienced is Dayforce's ability to talk with external systems. We have a number of third party vendors and the feeds between those and Dayforce have been extremely challenging to get running smoothly.

Best Bang for Buck

Pros

Dayforce offers a lot of flexibility as a true single platform for HCM professionals. The system is extremely easy to use and has a robust training platform. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Cons

The API integration to other applications does need a bit of fine tuning but it works well for Passport Health.

Flexible Software for Evolving Needs

Pros

The system is relatively easy for users to navigate. Dayforce is consistently adding new features/options that are relevant and help HR professionals support the organization. With customizable options, organizations can build solutions specific to their unique needs.

Cons

When software is updated, some fixes create other issues (e.g., recently our ability to see applicant questionnaires ‘disappeared’ after a fix was implemented to avoid duplicate questionnaires).

Small company, big vision

Wonderful, streamlined and I love that you believe that I am capable of learning so much more than I thought was possible. Total solution that has catapulted us into the future!

Pros

Flexibility coupled with cutting edge technology is allowing me to produce reporting and analytics our firm never thought was possible. At the same time, I am replacing all my manual processes with streamlined automation saving time and money. Finally, I am greatly increasing our professional culture in and outside the firm. My firm will never outgrow this solution. Love, Love, LOVE my Dayforce!

Cons

The only opportunity I see is the space between go live and what come next. With so much training material available, it hard to figure out a succinct plan for turning on the rest of the solution. A clear cut plan or guided track to bring you through the videos and then the correct guide would be helpful. I end up bouncing from guide to dig and guide and watching a video a couple of times to get things rolling.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Dayforce was the best decision we ever made!

Our overall Dayforce experience has been a good one. Customer Support has been great.

Pros

What I like most about Dayforce is that it has streamlined our processes and cut down on the amount of time we spend processing payroll, onboarding, recruiting. Reporting is much easier to use and create than HPW. Our employees are very happy with how user friendly the system is. I think we have more employees engaged now than ever. The mobile app has been a big help as well.

Cons

Implementation. It was challenging, but once we got through it we felt very accomplished.

Compliance is key!

Dayforce helps us pay our employees and manage the employee existence. It is the #1 software for compliance.

Pros

Dayforce is very large on compliance! It is designed to complete complex payroll processes which helps us as we grow.

Cons

The recruiting module. It seems to have been unrolled quickly and without much testing and thought.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

CERDIAN

With dayforce I am able to keep accurate track on my timesheets. And I am able to compare my timesheets vs. Punches and pay. It makes it easy for me to view my schedule on the app and I can view my timesheet to have supervisor correct any issues.

Pros

The best things about dayforce is that it comes with an app that allows you to see your schedule and your timesheets. You are also able to view and print your pay check stubs directly from app. One of the features I like is it gives you the option to view a summary of your pay, and your also able to view a summary of your punches; for you to be able to compare your timesheets to.

Cons

One of the things I dislike is that you're not able to change your availability yourself, managers have to do it. It also doesn't alert you about schedules being posted. And a lot of the functions can be blocked by administrators so you can't experience the software completely.

Hi Beatriz, Thank you for sharing your review! Cheers, Michael

Great HCM

Overall, very happy. Have implemented about 80% of the functionality. And we continue to update.

Pros

Very robust. One single system makes the entirety of the product seamless. Changes in one area are automatically updated to others. No integration!

Cons

Implementations are always tough. This one was no different. Although, it was one of the better ones I have done.

Payroll commit process

Pros

The ability within Payroll to view all the pay groups at once and lock, validate and commit at the same time

Cons

I find the reporting feature to be too complicated. I wish I could just select all Topics and fields as I choose

Dayforce HCM - Managing My Benefits

Overall, this is my favorite payroll and benefits management software that I have used throughout my career. I hope that our HR department feels the same.

Pros

As an end user I really enjoy Dayforce HCM. The software is very user friendly and easy to learn how to navigate. I like that it has straight forward buttons/menu options that clearly designate the areas you are trying to access. i.e. Benefits (all of your benefit documents and management), Careers (opening job postings), Earnings (payroll information) etc. Requesting time off, accessing paystubs, and messaging supervisors is very easy.

Cons

The least desirable quality about this software is that it takes a long time to load. For employees who are hourly and rely on it to manage their timesheets, this presents a problem. If you don't have it loaded and ready to go at the end of the day, other employees can end up waiting 1-2minutes for your timecard to load, while they are already clocked out.

Ceridian Rocks

I have been working on it for 6 years and out of all the other payroll services I have used it is the most user friendly.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is and the support is very helpful!

Cons

Sometimes the updates have bugs that need to have another update to fix.

Switch to Paper Free

With a thorough implementation process and the right amount of training, this software has been beneficial to our organization to improving our processes and switching to paper free.

Pros

We have switched from paper timesheets that were keyed by payroll staff to now employees enter their data into the software. The timesheets in the software are then easily reviewed and approved by managers before being processed by payroll staff. Our employee count has grown substantially over the past few years and we have managed to keep the payroll team small by switching to Dayforce.

Cons

There are areas of the software that are not very user friendly. Without completing a training webinar, it is very difficult or impossible to figure it out on your own and complete the required steps with accuracy.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great software for a one stop shop

Pros

I like that you can set up specialized access for your different employee and managers based on the need of the roles. One of the biggest things that I like about Dayforce HCM is that they really listen to their customers. They care about what we think and utilize suggestions for improvement and ease of use. I have been through 2 implementations and I highly recommend Dayforce HCM

Cons

There is very little that I don't like about this software. One thing that comes to mind is the updating of direct deposit accounts. I frequently have employees needing assistance with updating accounts. Also, it would be nice for employees to view their withholding forms in Dayforce and not have to rely on seeing what they are claiming on their paystubs.

Dayforce - A Terrific HCM Experience

We love it, my controller loves it, and my HR manager cannot live without it. She considers it essential software.

Pros

Prior to using Dayforce, our staff relied upon our controller to manage their time off, sick days and other HR related issues. Dayforce not only allowed our controller to free up her time, but as promised, put the control back into our employees hands, empowering them to monitor their individual HR related tasks.

Cons

While excellent in it's functionality, some users complain about the slow load times. As a SASS based software, this may be a problem with my internet connection at busy times. In reality, this represents a very small problem, and is a very small price to pay for an otherwise excellent program.

DF Review

Overall pleased. I still maintain a problem since implementation that apparently can’t be repaired that is directly effecting employees

Pros

The versatility of the reporting and functionality

Cons

Support availability waiting three days for an initial response.

One system for all HR

The system is easy to use and provides all of your employee information in one place.

Pros

I like that all employee data is in one place.

Cons

I get frustrated with the reporting function.

Dayforce Rocks

Dayforce allowed us to bring together HR accounting, payroll and recruiting under one platform! Great!

Pros

This is a total human capital management system

Cons

Silverlight functions phasing out means we are losing some of the user friendly functions

scalable HR platform

It really is a one stop shop for everything HR. Our headquarters and HR department are remote, so my team and I appreciate the resources within Dayforce HCM. The timeclock and PTO functionality for my team of 12 is easily managed, as are the storage and access to tax and benefit forms. As the manager, I see what they see and then some. We have it set to accrue PTO daily which our employees appreciate. Requesting time off and seeing balances is very easy. Having quick access to pay statements is also handy. I prefer this software over some of the larger players in this space!

Pros

-intuitive for most users w/ basic needs -stable platform from an outage perspective -scalable: our company just recently added new hire paperless onboarding via Dayforce. Recruiting will be added soon.

Cons

-reporting is tricky to navigate -new hire onboarding is finicky. sometimes does not save your work -certain dynamic functions require IE silverlight, yet program works better in Chrome?

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Dayforce HCM is a great product!

We have been using Dayforce HCM since January 2015. It has increased our reporting capabilities, offered employee and managers greater ease of use, payroll processing is more accurate with less potential for errors than ever before. Overall we are happy to be using this product.

Pros

Ease of use, accuracy, it's configurable. I also appreciate working with my Customer Success Manager from Ceridian. She is very helpful and is a part of the reason we are successful using this product. I also enjoy their customer success program.

Cons

There are some work-arounds we've had to create to get the product to work for our organization. As a non-profit we'd like to make some changes in our overall set up, but the cost of making changes after implementation is typically not something we have in our budget.