All categories

Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 4

Dayforce is Dandy!!

Overall experience is wonderful, mostly in part by the partnership.

Pros

Dayforce is easy to use with all employee data within one platform.

Cons

some areas have increased latency which makes it difficult to get through some tasks with speed.

Ceridian Dayforce HCM--an integrated approach

We were able to go from having seven different systems for payroll, benefits to only one. We have automated many of our processes and reduced/eliminated most of the spreadsheets we are using to track information as we have an actual system wherein to track this data.

Pros

One single application, totally integrated for payroll, benefits, HR, recruiting, performance management, etc. We really like that the system is easy to configure. Dayforce itself has come a long way in the 18 months we have been a customer--they have upgraded the platform several times. They are good listeners and seek to improve all the time.

Cons

We have struggled with carrier feeds. Dayforce is growing at such a rapid pace that it seems like the customer support side has been slow to catch up. In the 18 months we have been with Dayforce, we have had 3 customer success reps. The turnover (on their side) is a little worrisome.

It takes a strong team!

Tire Centers has been on several Ceridian platforms over the 16 years I have been with the company. Dayforce HCM certainly stepped into the future of what the full service human capital management arena will look like. Through a tedious implementation and stabilization period we are very pleased with the offerings of the system and most importantly our end users are on board and have embraced the system.

Pros

User friendly for all levels of employee users. The system has been able to accommodate the specific needs of our business practices.

Cons

Multiple releases over the past few years has made it difficult to keep our internal training and documentation updated.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

A lot of Potential, but difficult to Capitalize on it

This software has a ton of potential, especially if you're willing to do the hard culture-change work that will be required to maximize it. However, if you aren't going to capitalize on the features, you'd very likely be better off with something a little less feature-heavy and more user-friendly. I would have loved to capitalize on the report creation features to benefit my company, however they are reserved for the highest admin level and therefore are privileges not easily granted.

Pros

-Tons of useful features -Possibility of creating completely customized reports using the vast array of information collected and held by DayForce -All in one-solution for HR, Payroll, and Time-tracking software.

Cons

-Difficult to implement the many features -High barriers for customization and report creation -Easy to become overwhelmed or confused -Weird access to features based on strange controls in the system for who can see what information

Ceridian Dayforce HRMS

Our HR and Payroll departments are finally able to work in the same software. We always had two separate softwares in the past and they didn't link/communicate with each other. Moving to Ceridian Dayforce has made life easier and removed the data entry duplication. We have access to excellent reports too.

Pros

Ceridian Dayforce are continually improving and adding/updating features. They also create new modules but they come at a cost.

Cons

The first few years, ironing out the 'wrinkles' of a poor implementation. I hear the implementation experience is much improved since we purchased the software five years ago.

Hi Julie, Thanks so much for sharing your Dayforce experience. We really value your feedback and wish you continued success! All the best, Victoria

Dayforce has improved alot

Ceridian encourages input from clients and will redesign around client requests. The support model is great and easy via computer or phone.

Pros

Employee/Manager (end user) access is user-friendly. The payroll processing is highly easy to audit prior to submission of payroll. Can see the calculations prior to committing. The Benefits platform is adaptable and can be configured for complex benefits. I love the ability to have Ceridian send the carrier files.

Cons

Some of the functionality is not usable because it is able to be customized.

I drink the Ceridian Kool Aid

Great

Pros

Everything in one place, employee experience

Cons

Entitlements, Job Step Rates pulling into status Screen

Benefits Administration

We are using Dayforce for benefits and payroll currently. We have a different system as our system of record. We are in the process now of building the business case to transition everything to Dayforce because of the major issues we have experienced. The benefits of having everything in one system are immeasurable. One system provides for a seamless user experience and will allow us to maximize the functionality, especially with all the great changes coming in 2020.

Pros

I never took a day of training but was able to navigate the system and end date benefits for employees. Open enrollment is a breeze with this new system.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything that I disliked so far. The system is intuitive and easy to use.

Dayforce = best experience in HCM

Love, Love, Love! This system has improved my daily tasked. It has also helped my work life balance. Because it is so easy to use, I am able to have be at home more with my family.

Pros

I am a big fan of the payroll features. I have been in the payroll field for 27 years and no other system compares to the Dayforce experience.

Cons

Customer support. We know more about the product then support

Great features

Pros

I worked at a different company prior to being here and when i found out they also had Dayforce I was very excited. It is very easy to use as an employee and also as a manager. I have been able to work at both ends. As an employee, having the ability to make request on the computer was simple. Checking and approving my time was a great bonus so I am always assured I get paid the correct amount. If there was an error, I can just do it then and it will notify my supervisor.

Cons

At the start I thought it would be complicated. From using a punch clock to now the computer. It took me some time to learn but after it was so easy.

Dayforce

Pros

once your past implementation the package is nice and very useful

Cons

implementation is less than great, at times, most times, very frustrating

Plenty of Functions - Not Quite Intuitive

There is a lot of potential with this product, however the most useful features are limited to those with universal access; most managers at my workplace do not have the authorizations to access advanced reporting that would be extremely helpful. Furthermore, while there is a lot of functionality, it is not quite intuitive enough. I found it easy to navigate but probably due to my prior experience with similar software. Managers here struggle to make full use of it and spend more time, rather than less, on things like scheduling, authorizing time sheets, and the like.

Pros

-Advanced reporting capabilities -Automation features to save time -Both Time Management and Payroll in one program is very beneficial

Cons

-Not as intuitive as it needs to be -Most beneficial functions are locked to those with high-level access -More complicated than necessary in some ways, which means it takes more time to navigate and utilize than necessary

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

All in one for human resources!

Pros

Dayforce is a great platform for many HR related purposes. You can track/assign employee hours and shifts, monitor and approve time off requests, and calculate payroll. In addition, it allows employees to monitor/track their benefits, retrieve pay sheets, change direct deposit information and more.

Cons

Compared to other software that is payroll only, Dayforce is a little clunky. It takes too many clicks to do simple things like adjusting time clocks, approving payroll, and using it as both a team manager AND an employee. Certain features, such as a manager adding a time off request for an employee, requires Silverlight, so we can only do that with Internet Explorer and no other browser.

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your Dayforce experience. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts. Wishing you continued success! Thanks again, Michael

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

After a year of using Dayforce...

Our implementation went smoothly, for the most part. We loved our implementation consultant, Zuhayr Moreea. He quickly answered questions, learned our corporation, and did exactly what we needed. We are now in the process of implementing Recruiting and Performance Management, and it is not nearly as quick and smooth of a process. I believe this is through professional services, so that may be the difference. We have noticed a huge difference.

Pros

I like how user-friendly the software is...once you know where to go, it's easy to use. Our employees were hesitant at first, but now they comment on how they like it.

Cons

We are still having issues with the benefits and payroll coinciding correctly, so that has been an ongoing administrative nightmare. Previously, we were on Ceridian Latitude and did not have the benefits and payroll synched.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great HCM System for ALL of HR related needs.

Overall, Dayforce is a great system that allows for a good amount of customization throughout the platform, they are constantly releasing new modules and items to make the system better each year. I am looking forward to what new items they will be brining in the future.

Pros

Ease of Use, the variety of modules makes it a great product to input all items related to HR. Performance module makes it easy to track and partner with managers to complete annual reviews. The new change from silver light to HTML based makes it even easier to use on multiple browsers.

Cons

Some of the modules do not connect with other, for example the recruitment module does not connect with the employee profile to upload resume and other new hire details. Support has said this is on their radar though for the future!

Very Helpful!

Recruting was are biggest problems, with Dayfore it's much easier to reach a larger group of individuals. And much easier for applicants record keeping.

Pros

Easy to navigate, you have everything you need from start to finish when hiring and recruiting and Payroll is not as complicated as with other systems. You also have all of the employees information in one place. Making life much easier.

Cons

Some reports are not as easy to find. But customer service are very knoledgable and helpful.

Growing with Dayforce

We are growing our workforce and Dayforce has joined with us to help keep up with with out pace. We have a great relationship with our product manager, Pamela Schaffer, she keeps us in the loop for upcoming training and events, she ensures we have the ability to resolve our issues by assisting as needed and escalating issues when needed. Ceridian events such as Insights provides opportunities to network with others in our industry as well as on sight training

Pros

Front end ease, ability for administrators to configure system to meet our needs

Cons

The 9/80 work ability needs additional research to meet expected results

Benefits and ACA Compliance

Pros

Dayforce HCM has been an effective single solution for us. It has allowed us to leverage technology, replacing manual paper-based processes. The PPACA module has effectively allowed us to remain compliant with ACA. The mobile app is also widely used by our nearly 2000 associates. Lastly, Ceridian continually seeks to improve the product, often leveraging customer feedback.

Cons

Ceridian Dayforce HCM has experienced continual growth since we partnered in 2013, resulting in internal movements with our support teams. This movement has created relearning at times for those changes.

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Gets the job done

It's pretty simple and user friendly the app doesn't really allow you to make changes to the schedule or timesheets. But the website does, not very mobile friendly though. It does allow me to look at a schedule by day so that's helpful. Overall would like more functions to be available but it gets the job done

Pros

It's pretty easy to use. App functions are limited by company but for the most part it's simple and user friendly.

Cons

The scheduling format doesn't have the best functions. Doesn't allow you to change employee once they have been categorized. And cant categorize them under two categories. (I.e. cashier is only cashier and stocker is only a stocker can't be classified as both)

Thanks so much for sharing your review. This is very valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thanks again, Victoria

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

I like the product but I wish I had more capability to do things on the app like approve time & reqs

Pros

Some capabilities via mobile, Cerdian has a full platform. I do not have to add other products to it, the analytics and reporting capabilities once I learn how to use them

Cons

The message center. Because I am an administrator I get all messages. Therefore, I cannot see when I have things that I need to do directly for my team. Someone has to call me to remind me to approve things for my team. I wish I could get a special notification when I need to approve something for my team, like a buzzer or something. Since notifications are in Dayforce and no email notification comes thru to tell me to approve something for my team, it makes things challenging.

• Likelihood to recommend4.00/10

Good if you need basic, cheap software; a joke otherwise

I had a love/hate relationship with it. It was easy to log in and out, the basis of the system to track employee hours. Many times in 2016/2017, the software wouldn't read those clicks though, so myself or colleagues would be working for several hours or off work for several hours only to realize our logging in or out hadn't took. Then we'd have to bother our boss to do it, who was hostile about doing so. Having worked in tech, I understand bug issues, but this is a big one to have. The software is affordable, which is why our company chose it. If the bug issues were resolved for good, I'd feel more confident recommending it.

Pros

I liked that the buttons were big and accessible and easy to see, and that they later modified different types of clocking in and out (lunches, etc). When they updated the software, you could tell they tried (and succeeded, partially) in simplifying some of the screens for users.

Cons

Past versions of Dayforce would freeze up a bit. Also, any time anything went wrong (sometimes a log in or out didn't take, sometimes a time would need to be edited) the manager or boss would have to personally modifying these issues. Under good management, this wouldn't be an issue. Under bosses who can barely handle stress and take systems errors out on their employees, it's a complete nightmare situation. This is where Dayforce could really look beyond coding issues and consider how to socially engineer better customer service solutions so even technically challenged supervisors can use the system easily.

Great functionality & configurability, with effective service & support

Pros

The functionality! We have some complex policies / procedures that other vendors simply told us could not be automated. However, we have been able to automate not just successfully but accurately these complex policies to improve our internal customer satisfaction and remove a lot of the administrative burden. Ceridian is also clearly dedicated to excelling and staying ahead of the industry's needs, as clearly reflected in their willingness and execution to implement clients' ideas based on their individual needs.

Cons

Silverlight plug-in is a problem especially for my Mac users; however, they are working on getting rid of this, thankfully. In addition, they had to address some implementation inefficiencies.

One Stop Shop

I have had some really great support people helping me through my first open enrolment and it has really been great!

Pros

I love the ease of logging into one system to get access to all my needs from processing a new employee to processing payroll and beyond. Having access to everything I need in one location for employees make my work life happier and more efficient!

Cons

The vast amount of information to sort through with any upgrade can be overwhelming. Would be nice to have a script to test through so I can be sure I am covering all of my bases before it is live on production.

• Likelihood to recommend3.00/10

Similar to Other Solutions, Not Great for Learning Feature

Overall experience as an end user was positive on the HR/Payroll side as far as interface and being intuitive. Disappointed with some features and functionality being sold as available but then unavailable when asking to see them in action.

Pros

I've used this from an end user perspective actively at one organization that chose this, and it was easy to use and navigate for the day to day HR, Payroll, Benefits, etc scope. The teams are fairly hands-on throughout implementation and they will do a lot to showcase wow-factors throughout the sales process until actual technical questions arise for some features.

Cons

In one experience evaluating this product as an all-in-one offering, we needed to ensure the Learning piece of functionality would suit our needs. It did not. The Learning product was presented as in-house and with their own roadmap for features and development. Every demo of this piece of the product was high level and they avoided getting detailed with backend/LMS admin features and setup. After...

Scheduling made easy

I have been very enthusiastic about Dayforce from the moment I began my work that utilized this software. I've had no issues with this software and hope other companies get one board!

Pros

I can view my work schedule as it is posted right from the app on my phone. I can also make time off requests, view my next pay date, my next scheduled shift, view my availability, and my earnings, all in one place. There isn't much you can't do with this software and the visual presentation is well organized and appealing to workers of any age!

Cons

I wish there was a feature to view the rest of the staff's schedule as an employee so I could know who I could potentially trade shifts with if something comes up, but other than that I love this software!