All categories

Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 5

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Dayforce HCM is pushing HR technology in the right direction...

Pros

Dayforce HCM is continuing to change and evolve and clients have had their voices heard in many instances. Ceridian has come to the table with open ears to hear the business case behind functionality needs and has proven that they will listen to clients needs and implement changes that make sense for both the client and the direction of Dayforce. Each release has improved the usability of the application and has made it more flexible to meeting different organizational needs.

Cons

The application is robust and allows for several different approaches to configuration. Because the product is relatively new and ever evolving, understanding all of the capabilities of the application and how the pieces work together can be a challenge when attempting to determine the best direction in configuration/implementation.

Dayforce a Big Hit!

Since our inception into Ceridian products in 2015 - we have had such great services and products to help our business in maintaining our payroll program. In many ways, it is helping and yet we know we have seen ways that Ceridian is not helping because we are a smaller company. But as we grow, we will want Ceridian to be part of the growing. Dayforce has lots of interesting tools and ways to help any company. With Ceridian's team to help customize it to our actual needs, Dayforce has been helpful, intuitive and easy to use by everyone.

Pros

Appearance, easy to use, lots of tools, staff have yet to say it is not a good program..this is big.

Cons

Really nothing to say in the negative.

Preparation is Key

Single database, tax processing and management, ease of updating employee information, even backdated changes

Pros

We love the SourceTax and single database approach, and reporting has been very flexible. We also enjoy the way that retroactive changes process in the system and the easy of viewing and calculating the upcoming payroll file for review.

Cons

We've had some issues because we didn't start our training until we were already in implementation, and we made a few mistakes that we're stuck with at this point. They frequently release updates, many based on customer suggestions, which is good, but sometimes the new releases (two per year are mandatory) cause unanticipated issues in previously functional areas.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Useful and robust, but limited depending on your browser

It is a good software, but will be much better when it changes to HTML5 and no longer relies on Silverlight.

Pros

It's easy to manage your time off requests, your payroll and documents, and any information regarding your pay and benefits. Web based, so it's great to be able to use the features while at home or on the go via my Smartphone.

Cons

Due to reliance on Silverlight by Microsoft the software is not as useful in browsers that do not support Silverlight, such as Chrome or Firefox. The software still functions in some areas, but not all.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Needs some improvement

Pros

How everything is combined into one program. visibility to users and management at multiple locations

Cons

No FMLA or OJI tracking capabilities that tie into timekeeping

Ceridian's Dayforce Software

When implementing, you must know ahead of time what your organization set up is and how it will expand out to all levels. It would also help to have some programming background. Dayforce is one system, so be aware all changes can effect another.

Pros

It is an incredibly comprehensive and customizable product. The training that is offered is vast and at all levels. Implementation was supportive and provided a team that worked well with ours. The offer so many avenues of training, support and networking. I love the payroll side and I find it much easier to use than ADP's Workforce now.

Cons

Customer support is not as responsive as I would like. It is not an instant set up, it takes a lot of programming to customize it to your company. Dayforce is not a cookie cutter system it takes work to make sure that your organization is reflected correctly for HR and Payroll.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Dayforce is a convenient application that helps manage employees with their scheduling.

It was a convenient way to see my hours and my earnings at work. It was easy to see important information quickly and conveniently.

Pros

The application is super simple and easy to use. The sign-up is based on the information provided by managers and once logged in, the application is secure and has a easy to use interface. The work calendar is simple and shows what the schedule is and what the employee's shift is. Every action in the app makes sense and the menus are descriptive to what they do.

Cons

The manager has to properly setup Dayforce or the application is essentially useless. The application is basic and has the necessary features, but it is missing customization for more advanced setups. The application is missing push notifications for important reminders and requires an outside calendar application for reminders.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Intuitive and Easy

Most systems are easy, this system would be great for a large company with one dedicated COBRA administrator or for a single person department that just needs a little help with the demands/regulations for COBRA notification. I never worry that I am out of compliance when I use Ceridian.

Pros

We use it as a TPA of COBRA, and it is very much aligned to help with a one person department. Once you add someone to the system you can use it from hire notice to COBRA notice smoothly. I like the portal, and find that they developers definitely had hard core HR knowledge. They handle everything as long as the data is accurate, we only moved away from this platform when the insurance broker took over COBRA admin for us.

Cons

In the perfect world i could afford to have it integrate with the current ATS, but that is not the case. Also, the reports can be clunky but once you set up your favorites and schedule them you can expect them to run well.

DayForce

Pros

user friendly, all in one platform, system admin

Cons

support takes long to resolve a problem sometimes.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

HR Software At It's Finest!

Great tool. Have used many HR products over the years and this is by far the easiest, and most user friendly tool of the bunch. I would recommend this application to anyone searching for their next HR suite.

Pros

Robust Feature List, Intuitive Design, Customizable Fields and Forms, Custom Reporting and Dashboards, One Stop shop for all HR needs including Payroll

Cons

Slow Customer Service Response. I also dislike the payroll preview. we have had situations where employees see preliminary numbers. These issues are minor and easily overcome.

We went live with Dayforce Payroll January 1st 2017

Our vacation and sick time and are recorded and approuved online. Being able to calculate payroll in the present and in the futur. Managers are able to view their employees hours and track sick and vacation time. Timesheets are done online, no need for paper timesheets.

Pros

I work in the payroll department and I am very satisfied with the Payroll and benefits modules. I am pleased to see all of my payrolls for the whole year, to be able to calculate and make changes for the whole year. The benefits module is very helpful for employees to see the amount of their life insurance, health and dental benefits. The vacation and sick days are also online, employees can see their balances as of today and also in the futur. After some training, I am much more comfortable using the Reporting module, I can build reports to our needs.

Associate Payroll Manager

Pros

I really like the My Pay feature that shows when an employee has a net pay difference from the last pay period. It has been incredibly helpful when auditing the payrolls for inaccurate benefit changes or tax chanages.

Cons

The standard payroll reports have a lot of information that isn’t needed when processing payroll. It would be helpful to have the ability to filter out what isn’t needed before running the reports in excel format, such as the earnings register report.

Use it everyday

Pros

What i love about this app, is that you can requests a swap of shifts with your collegues if you know there is . aday that you can't come into work

Cons

What i dislike about this is the fact that you can not access your pay stub or your tax forms in it, that would make it much easier for people to access all information in one app.

Hi Ali, Thanks so much for sharing your review. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thanks again! Victoria

Another happy customer!

Our company made the switch in 2013 to Dayforce and we are so glad we did! The software is easy to use and support services has been very helpful as our needs have changed throughout our contract. We are currently using Dayforce for general HRIS functions including timekeeping, payroll, benefits, and taxes, and are on the cusp of rolling out recruiting and scheduling for full HR integration. It was a big leap for our company to leave our prior payroll company and go with Dayforce, but we are so happy we did. We have more reports and metrics available for analysis than ever before.

Pros

Clear, easy to use interface

All in one platform

Pros

We implemented Ceridian Dayforce and have found an all in one solution that meets all of our business needs. Real time information. No more spreadsheets that are outdated as soon as you share them. Workflows that eliminate multitudes of manual paperwork. We are extremely pleased with this product.

Cons

It has so much that is gets overwhelming. The program is set-up for your specific needs and with that it may take some time for support to answer your questions.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Good experience Dayforce was used for scheduling at a company I was a manager for.

Quicker ease of access scheduling. Less hassle for the managers as well as the employees. You are also able to use it from home or with the phone version. I did find it was slower on the phone and not as user friendly as just using it on the work computers.

Pros

I like that its easy to learn. Your staff can log on from home and get quick up to date changed with their schedule. I also like how each person can go in and update their availability. When you are managing a retail store with college kids it can be a hassle to get everyone's schedules down especially once exams start. Dayforce takes a lot of the guessing and extra hassle out of scheduling.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing with the colors to see what you are looking for with ease. Can be a bit slow when you are trying to enter a lot of information in at a time.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great Features and so easy to use!

We're trying to mandate more use of the system and app - looking to go paperless and Dayforce is going to help

Pros

Flexibility - you are able to use the program very easily. I especially like the payroll function that allows me to verify before I process

Cons

Sometimes there are a to of steps to configuration that really aren't intuitive

Dayforce

Dayforce has helped our Company become more modern in the aspect that we are dealing with a younger generation of employees. They like the ability to have information and access at their fingertips as do I. Thank you Ceridian!

Pros

I like having the information at my fingertips and the ease of gathering payroll info from a variety of locations.

Cons

I do not like having some features in multiple locations.

Dayforce product review

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to use, especially for employees who are proficient in technology. Timesheet and scheduling modules provide a great snap shot of employees approvals, balances and work schedule. One of my favorite features is the ability to delegate user access and privileges for holiday coverage.

Cons

Slow client solution response times. If you are requesting a special report or task, it can take awhile to have that request completed. I had to wait over a month for my custom compensation report. Solution response time for any issues that impact the business are a lot quicker (a couple of business days) however I would still prefer it was quicker.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Dayforce is one system for all your HCM & HRIS needs!

Pros

It makes my job fun and saves me time. My company has saved hundreds of dollars from our previous system. I love that you can book time away from work in Dayforce and an email will be sent to the manager for approval. I love that the program does everything I need for payroll and it's compliant with all current legislation.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Dayforce is they are weening themselves off of Silverlight. I know this is necessary as Silverlight is no longer being supported by Microsoft. It did have better graphics with Silverlight, but it hasn't hurt the functionality by going to HTML.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Moving from a spreadsheet/ accounting program module to Dayforce was like "dancing in the rain".

The program holds so much information about the employee and the ease of adding more modules to the payroll program make it a very helpful product. It has so many more features than what I've had access to in the past.

Pros

I like the way the software is very easy to use. The program has very good reporting and easy to create reports. Staff are able to catch on quickly to it's use and don't have a problem with the program. It is alos cloud based so it can be accessed anywhere by employees.

New User Good Experience So Far

Appears to be a group of proud, company centric, team focused employees

Pros

Integrated platform. We will use it to improve our new hire/seasonal hire process. Once we launch July 2020, the next year will involve become paperless. Integrated payroll and HRIS and ability to maximize employee performance are great opportunities.

Cons

New to product-Not able to evaluate at this point. Would love to have more face to face implementation meeting with the team. Online/zoom calls are nice. Makes for a slow build and integration. 2 intense weeks with the Ceridian team would provide the needed results.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Our transition to Dayforce has streamlined our process and we have gained many efficiencies.

We were able to move from five different systems and realign staff while gaining numerous efficiencies.

Pros

We like the total integration of the Dayforce solution. The real time feature is exactly what we were searching for. Ceridian is constantly upgrading the features. This is a huge advantage with the emerging workforce we see today.

Cons

The implementation process is very time consuming, but well worth it in the end. We are still working out some issues that were not set up properly, but gaining ground each day. Communicate constantly with your implementation team to ensure you thoroughly explain your expectations and needs.

Solid platform

Pros

All-in-one integrated system. Easy to use for employees, yet sophisticated enough for power users to customize the back-end for our needs. I like their road map for the next couple years. They've made great changes to the interface as well as added new features. It looks like that trend will continue, which is exciting.

Cons

Performance can be a bit slow because the foundation is built on Silverlight. Technical support can be hit or miss.

Moved to Ceridian Dayforce to combine HR and Payroll functions

Pros

Dayforce allows our teams to manage Time off requests, payroll requests (including the standard tax forms, direct deposit), and other HR data. Sad to say we had a three systems all doing these same tasks independently and to the detriment and frustration for the teams that manage all of this. Enter Ceridian Dayforce which allowed us to have full integration. Our managers have given positive feedback on the reporting and management of requests and changes. Our teams are more efficient and responsive now that we have implemented.

Cons

We still want there to be easier integration with performance management. We want to be able to store performance data, mid-year and annual reviews, and monthly notes based on manager interactions with team members. Hopefully this will be functionality that will exist soon.

Thanks so much for sharing your Dayforce experience. We really value your feedback and wish you continued success! All the best, Victoria