All categories

Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 6

Solid Software but Struggle with Support

The sales process was standard with an excellent rep. Having said that was told that each Live Force Education package supported 3 staff. Just to be told later that was untrue and would have shell out another $1200 to get 2 more staff trained. Took weeks to get answers to my queries. Was not impressed with the after purchase treatment. Got our money and then wanted more.

Pros

The functionality was exactly as advertised.

Cons

I found the software to be fine. Issues were with customer support.

Dayforce From a Benefits Perspective

It has been good. Implementing the system was tough but once it has been established it has worked well.

Pros

The report feature is easy to navigate. It allows you to pull the necessary fields to verify data that is sent to vendors as well as comparing benefit deductions to enrolled benefits. After your first open enrollment, it is simple to create the new open enrolment the following year.

Cons

It tends to be slow when logging into he system. When you have employees on the phone that are asking questions about their benefit, it could take a minute sometimes to log in. It also times you out very quickly.

Complex Multi-Coubtry Implementation

Pros

One of our major wins was the consolidation of HRIS, Workforce Management and Payroll under one roof with one employee record. We were able to move Canada, UK and US employees into ONE SYSTEM. Huge win for our users and technical team.

Cons

The implementation was complex and our team struggled throughout the phases. We required strong project management resources on the Ceridian side, and that role was not a strength. We went through multiple Ceridian PMs and eventually hired an additional PM for the client side. The implementation team approach to certain functions - specifically entitlement setup - did not align with best practices endorsed by the Ceridian support team. Unfortunately we did not learn this until after go-live. We ended up reworking Entitlements post implementation.

Overall the experience with Ceridian Dayforce has been a great.

Pros

I like the all in one system concept. I had to shift my mindset as our previous system interfaced several products. Updates and changes in Dayforce happen as soon as the button is clicked. What's really great is, the system allows several pay cycles to be open at the same time. This allows changes and updates to be made daily for different cycles. Gone are the days of making payroll changes a few days before pay day. From a Benefits perspective, once a new hire has onboarded, they can immediately select their benefit elections. They don't have to wait until their information is pushed to another system. We look forward to implementing Recruiting and Performance Management this year.

Cfo

Rewarding and cost savings

Pros

The support team availability and expertise but you are not just a customer but part of their team They really want you to succeed before and after implementation and that is the key the continuous presence

Cons

Some of the options as a deductions like additional races as a separate line is still not available even after the two years that we implemented should be available like guarnishees

Conchita;s Review

I love the platform. I only wish I was a part of the implementation.

Pros

Intuitive, everything you need is in one platform.

Cons

Implementation was not the best experience. I would like to see a raid map that walks you through the platform step by step.

Ceridian Dayforce

Pros

Dayforce is much easier to navigate from an end user perspective, so training the field on authorizing schedules, time sheets, time away from work, and any kind of employment form (promotions, terminations, ect.) was successful at my organization. I think having a system that is simple to use has really helped us to increase our payroll accuracy across the organization since the field is more willing to be engaged.

Cons

The fact that some of their modules still use MS Silverlight, which means my browser choices are limited when working in the system.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Cost effective solution for our production employee scheduling needs.

Single solution for labor demand projections, employee scheduling and time away from work tracking and management for many geographically dispersed locations.

Pros

Mobile app is an employee favorite, user friendly interface, strong willingness of the vendor to accept and incorporate improvement and enhancement suggestions and requests.

Cons

Some limits in anticipated functionality, reporting and data retrieval for external analysis can be difficult.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

We went live July 1st but as of today still have items that are not completed. Other than that our employees seem to be adjusting to the new software.

Pros

The benefits module was a huge plus for us as we were having major issues with our legacy software. Also liked the recruiting/on boarding features for our driver population

Cons

Implementation was very stressful but we had a great implementation team

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Everything you need for HCM all in one!

I have been very happy with dayforce and all of the innovations they have

Pros

Dayforce has so many modules which allows each organization to customize it to their needs and desires. They are constantly updating their technology to be the latest and greatest!

Cons

There is a great amount of customizations available, however this can really bog down users who have a hard time setting things up

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great app to take your schedule with you

Really handy tool to help you keep on top of your schedule. It’s not complicated and aside from adjusting punch time with a two step confirmation, my favorite app for schedules.

Pros

Easy navigation, checking schedule on main page, easy to switch between sections of the app to view time off and pay

Cons

Adjusting time card required two steps to confirm it, so it’s easy to forget to do the second step to set your time.

We're so happy that you are enjoying your experience and really appreciate you taking the time to share your review. Wishing you continued success! Very best, Victoria

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Dayforce is terrific one stop people management software.

It's no helpful to have all our employee information and payroll in one place. Really cuts down on the paperwork and need to integrate with other products.

Pros

Dayforce is always adding new features and modules - plus improving on the existing ones. May modules are customizable.

Cons

Customer support is generally very good, but if there is an urgent need for a top level support person, it can sometimes take a while.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Used Dayforce for work, works but is confusing

My overall experience was pleasant...I used Dayforce for over 11 months for my job. It is how I would input my hours worked daily. It was fairly simple to use and had a lot of features.

Pros

I liked being able to adjust my menu bar according to what I wanted and was more important to me, I also really liked being able to access tons of information at my fingertips...information like what my previous earnings are, what my hours for the week were, what my vacation/holiday/ off days are or if I wanted to request any I could also do it through Dayforce

Cons

I did not like that for some reason the website is not compatible with google chrome, it will only allow me to input my work hours through safari! Strange!

Perfect!

Pros

Dayforce is the best employee scheduling software I have ever experienced. Not only does it allow you to schedule your employees, but they can also post a shift they need covered or trade with specific others. The admin then gets to approve any changes.

Cons

It runs with Silverlight which has its own issues, I have heard they are moving away from this however.

Reducing payroll cost

My experience has been very positive and I think support has been a huge help when I have gotten stuck on a feature that I want to use.

Pros

It is very streamlined and when you take advantage of all the features you are become very efficient. I like the way all of the components feed into each other and take very little manual intervention.

Cons

It is still sluggish with the slow upgrade to html.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Dayforce, a way to make HR organized

This has been a great product

Pros

This product has been a HUGE help in our offices going paperless. Before there was SO much filing and tracking down documents...and now we are able to just go an employee's page and look at what documents are uploaded.

Cons

There are a few quirks when it comes to using this product on Chrome. But there are ways to work around them.

Just went live!

Overall - just easy to use and great for our employees!

Pros

The all in one solution for timesheets, Benefits, payroll and other features. The ease of use for our employees always for so much more independence in individual needs.

Cons

Some features we had in our legacy system are not available - but we have put them on the Ideas portal for future implementation (hopefulily)!

Dayforce is awesome

Overall, I have loved using Dayforce. Since I use it daily, I have found that the user experience is unlike any other program that we use.

Pros

I like that the product team listens to their customers and they continue to grow their product to what their customers need.

Cons

There are some features that we would love to incorporate but as a non-profit organization, we are unable to afford to add them.

Love it!

Pros

Dayforce is bring our organization and our HR team into the 21st century. Getting us out the spreadsheet purgatory and reducing time spent on administrative task to focus on our our internal customers... our employees.

Cons

Ease of use for our Spanish speaking employees that don’t have personal computers and emails to register the first time.

Really Convenient

Pros

I love that I can clock in and out from my smartphone rather than having to clock in and out at work.

Cons

It's difficult to clock in or out or make any changes when there isn't good cell service or wifi.

Hi Corrie, Thanks so much for sharing your Dayforce experience. We really value your feedback and wish you continued success! All the best, Victoria

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

We have been with Ceridian now for 9 months for both our Domestic and International needs

More efficient than previous software used

Pros

Payroll processing is by far the easiest on Dayforce than on any other system. I particularly like that I can run a processing at any time to provide financial data to the Accounting Departments when asked.

Cons

At the quarter end, when we have to open an Off Cycle payroll to enter termination checks or misc earnings after the final regular payroll and the end of the quarter, the Off Cycle is missing a feature that allows for you to "Pay Out To Date" an employee. The problem then occurs that the hours or generated earnings being paid are not marked as paid so there is the chance that they will import to the next regular pay cycle to be paid again.

Dayforce survey

Pros

Before Dayforce we were on HPL which was very slow. We converted to HCM Dayforce July 1st, 2015. The implementation went pretty good on the Payroll side. The time saved is amazing. Once I learned how to run the reporting side of Dayforce I was able to audit payroll in a more accurate and efficient time. Overall this software is awesome.

Cons

Customer support is the one thing that I would say needs improvement plus our Dayforce representative. In 7 months we have met her once and she never returns calls. Once we signed off on implementation there were no more support at all. You are left to figure it out on your own.

Love hate relationship

It is overall well liked and appreciated. However it has a reputation of having issues that take a very long time to fix...because of the support set up

Pros

Title can do pretty much anything you need it to do, even the craziest pay structure or org structure

Cons

That it’s so configurable that it’s sometimes very hard or impossible to configure it correctly without professional IT assistance.

Great product!

A one stop shop for mostly all human resources and payroll functions.

Pros

The integration of payroll, scheduling, document management, performance management, recruiting, and onboarding on one platform.

Cons

It can be more intutitive. The system is easy enough to operate, but I think it would be more beneficial if some of the features were more intuitive so new users can become more efficient in a quicker manner. It takes some getting used to. I would recommend changing the format for drop down selections. It isn't always obvious to new users.

Ceridian makes work easier

So far we have had a great experience with Dayforce and the team at Ceridian we are looking forward to hopefully implementing the WFM module and a few other to assist in our daily work

Pros

The ease of the payroll data and the abilbity to do multiple payroll reviews when needs. The ablity to run very simple off cycle pay runs

Cons

Sometimes slow and if you do not save the Payroll data entry you can lose the information you have entered. There is not a great audit report for payroll in terms of per pay period changes like the one in Insync Blue