All categories

Dayforce HCM

Cloud HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 7

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Delights of Dayforce

I have setup this software on a computer, insert new employees, used the device for my own time upkeep. I do enjoy the ability that it gives you to keep up with leave availability, any documents you have signed, and copy of payroll.

Pros

There is easy access to anything you may need where your employment is concerned. I am able to access pay stubs, W2, health care documents, and any sick/vacation time I have available. It is easier than having to reach out to an HR person every time you need something.

Cons

The forgotten password feature is hard on the everyday employee, because it only gives you a limited number of attempts and then your HR person must get it reset for you. This may cause you to have to wait for hours or days to get a new password.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

We have used Dayforce for more than 3 years now and it has come a long way.

Pros

I like the fact that I can now access Dayforce from multiple internet applications, including my Mac. The convenience has helped me tremendously with my very busy schedule.

Cons

What I like least about Dayforce is it can run slow and reports can take a while. There is no mobile application available for employees, it is view only from a mobile device.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

You will not be disappointed with Dayforce

Pros

Dayforce HCM is the way to go. Once you have configured YOUR Dayforce to fit the needs of your company it saves time on payroll, time and attendance, benefits. The self-service module is easy even for users who are not "computer savvy". The icons in Dayforce tell you exactly what you need to know when dealing with time and attendance and where you problems or issues are. 24/7 support is available as well as online interactive training for ALL users which is extremely helpful.

Cons

The reporting is a little tough, however with a system upgrade coming up here soon it seems as if they really have listened to their customers complaints or ideas and reporting will be much easier.

Review HCM 1st year

We started in January 2016 with HCM . At first we struggled but as the year went on all parts of the module became easier to use. I don't receive as many requests for payroll information. Employees are using the system better than expected.

Pros

It has a lot of information needed to do reports and Journal Entries. It's easy to navigate thru and gives me the information I need.

Cons

Some reports are hard to read. Customer service at times has trouble either getting back to me or they fix the problem but don't tell me how they did it so if it happens again I can fix it.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Intuitive all-in-one system that will solve your HRIS and payroll needs... and a lot more!

Ceridian Dayforce has helped our 4500+ employee company go from being bogged down by 90% paper to less than 5% paper which has been a huge cost and time savings. This is just one of the benefits of this amazing software.

Pros

That it is an all-in-one system that processes data in real-time... we are able to process a more accurate payroll and daily onsite checks.

Cons

They are moving off of Silverlight and onto HTML which seems to run a little bit slower than Silverlight. I am hoping that this will be solved when all module are running in HTML.

Benefits

So far it has been good, we are still working the bugs out of benefits but otherwise we like the software

Pros

Takes away paperwork from HR and employees. Saves times and resources

Cons

Challlenges in getting the data to the vendors and approval process to get it up and running

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

DayForce - one product does it all

Real time payroll allows us to audit payroll often and not wait until processing day. During implementation many of our PM left during the project which delayed our progress. Also, some of the IC did not understand US law which we then had to explain how to set up our payroll.

Pros

Single sign on to do payroll, HR records, performance module, compensation.

Cons

When searching for employees, we need to know which company, department to search for their timesheets.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Good company with an easy to use platform

Good company overall

Pros

Very easy to use with minimal problems. At first there were issues directly after implementation but now little to no issues at all. Just improving as we go along.

Cons

implementation team could have been a bit more hands on as far as being more involved in our implementation and learning more about our company's needs.

Easy Payroll for Employer and Employee

Pros

It was very convenient to clock in and clock out for my work shifts through the app. The app will require to turn on your phone's location and to click a button that says "Punch In/Out". I enjoyed the built in schedule on the app because it told me my work shifts for the week.

Cons

I was not able to see my pay stubs through the app, so I had to login through their website. It's not a big deal, but it would have been great if I did not have to open a browser on my phone or use my laptop to access my pay stubs.

Hi Arnold, Thanks so much for sharing your Dayforce experience. We really value your input and wish you continued success! All the best, Victoria

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Ceridian Dayforce provides the flexibility that we need to be successful!

We can now customize our own system, we can run reports, and we have total control over our employee database.

Pros

We like the freedom to do our own configuration. The interface is very user friendly. It is nice to have all of the information that we need, right at our fingertips.

Cons

Initial set up and implementation is a little challenging because when converting, you don't know what you don't know. Some of the hidden features and functionality don't become apparent until you make a mistake and have to seek assistance.

Good Payrll Software

Overall, it is a great payroll software.

Pros

I like that it tracks balances of vacation days in real time. I like that I can access my paystubs from anywhere. It's convenient!

Cons

I dislike that after time off has been approved it can't be edited. Instead, it has to be cancelled and re-submitted for approval.

Thanks so much for sharing your review. This is valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Wishing you continued success! Thanks again, Victoria

Great WFM Module

Pros

I manage the WFM module and love that it’s made it easier for us too monitor sick leave compliance, hours and entitlements. There are regular updates that assist with setting up necessary rules to maintain compliance.

Cons

Because we only use 1 module the integrations are hard to manage and require numerous resources

Dayforce Review

Pros

What I like most about the product is the ability to navigate relatively quick.

Cons

I originally wS not pleased with the reporting function and thought it was not very user friendly. However, after attending the report labs at Insights this year I have a much better understanding. Other than that, nothing worth mentioning.

My Review

Great!

Pros

Customizable, like that it is all connected, like schedules and timesheets, like self-serve options for employeees

Cons

Reports can be confusing to customize and the workflows and notifications with ours don’t seem to work well

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Dayforce HCM user for 4 months now!

Pros

The thing I like best about Dayforce HCM is that it is all on one platform. We came from a world of uploading and downloading many times to get the information where we needed it and in the format we needed it. This has saved us 1.5 days every other week in processing time! I was also very impressed with the CEO at how intimately he knows the system and can answer any question about it. You don't find that very often in CEO's, especially for a company the size of Ceridian. He's a very friendly person as well!

Cons

We find the adhoc reporting a little difficult. We are accountants and not very familiar with SQL programming, and SQL is needed sometimes to write expressions in the adhoc reporting. We are still pretty new to the system, so maybe this is something that will come with time. The customer service could use a boost as well. Sometimes we feel the time frame for our tickets to be addresses/completed are a little long.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Easy to use and navigate

Overall, I am happy with this program and its app version.

Pros

This is very easy for everyday use, especially on the cell phone app. Password less entry through finger print scan is also appreciated.

Cons

Sometimes, I have found that the app version is not as fluid and easy to use as the desktop version.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Very useful and organized program for HR and schedule viewing

It is a great tool for both an app and in browser. I definitely recommend it to keep track of hours, pay and scheduling. you can also put in time off requests.

Pros

I love the ease of navigation through the menus as well as the layout for finding your hours, pay and YTD information. The schedule and calendar are simple and easy to access.

Cons

The only downside was saving changes made on the hours, which was something I was having a little bit of trouble saving because my hours depended on me physically authorizing them in a separate screen. It is a two step security feature which can be a little tricky to miss in the app. It is good for validating hours though.

Great Produc!

We have streamlined processes and a lot of self service for employees.

Pros

The ability to configure and the east navigation.

Cons

Really enjoy utilizing the product. The only negative would be some of the products do not flow, for example the review rating to hr

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Dayforce after 4 years

It brought HR, Payroll, Benefits into a more team oriented environment, which can be good. I think our implementation and overall experience would have been better if we weren’t rushed to go live.

Pros

Dayforce puts information into one platform, HR, Benefits, Payroll.

Cons

Functionality and reporting are clunky. It is hard to get information out and into one report. We have had to do more things manually, especially, in payroll than what we had to with a prior vendor.

Culture and Engagement Director

Remote usage makes it easier to work remotely. On-board quicker and more efficiently

Pros

Innovation. Everything I ask for I usually get within reason. I use Recruiting and Onboarding primarily.

Cons

Long wait times to long in. Some updates happen without realizing. Shouldn’t be a problem. Just takes time to learn new things so quickly

Payroll Pension Benefits Supervisor

Pros

Best thing about Dayforce there is no interface. Everything is done in real time. I have the ability to do a lot more reporting wise

Cons

My cons is when there are new upgrades they some time effect other things in the application which can be annoying at time. We usually have to work around this until there is a fix

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

great HRM system for medium to large corporations

worked hours are logged and kept in a system, removes filling out paperwork for time off requests.

Pros

data management of hours work, vacation earned and banked and lieu hours. You are able to request days off on your virtual calendar which is then approved by your manager. Soft copies of your pay stub.

Cons

you have to scan in and out this is how they capture your time. sometimes the vacation earned is not up to date. Does not send notifications when a manager approves your time off request. If you make a mistake or change your date of your time off request after it has been submitted, it has to then be approved by your manager again before you can change it, this can be tedious.

• Likelihood to recommend2.00/10

Poor Customer Service Experience

Not a very pleasant experience when you ask for an additional customized report for eight months and it is not done yet.

Pros

It is user friendly at some points and it is very popular.

Cons

The Customer Service is really poor. I have been asking for this report that I used with the system that I used with the system I had used prior to Ceridian Dayforce. It has been eight months and it is not done yet. It is impacting our HR and accounting system big time. The team that they outsource their job to, is not very competent even though I love to work with main Ceridian team. It is really difficult to make any changes. I have to call customer support for almost everything as I dont have access to so many things to do.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Dayforce HCM - winning awards and we have experienced why!

Pros

We have used Ceridian's services for years now, and they are an industry leader for a reason. Their products are easy to use, their support structure is getting stronger as the days go by, and their recent technological strides with giving the Payroll and HR staff the tools they need to efficiently do their job have been tremendous in the last couple years.

Cons

With any company that grows fast, they need to keep up with that growth by hiring (and training) the new staff they bring on board. They have gotten much better with this in the last 6-8 months. Companies new to it should understand that you need to understand how to grow with a company like Dayforce. You may find bugs here and there, and they are fixed quickly, but since the software is new and constantly changing (every 6-8 weeks), there will be some delays occasionally.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Dayforce is Saving Us LOTS of Time!

We're currently an HPL payroll customer moving to Dayforce because of sun setting of HPL. Wish we had moved to Dayforce a long time ago!

Pros

Automated processes are great. Onboarding, wage changes, FORMS

Cons

Still learning the system. Not as fast as I want to be.