Dayforce HCM Logo
Dayforce HCM

The all-in-one HCM software to empower your workforce

visit website

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 3

Amanda G.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

I appreciate how easy it is to commit payroll using Ceridian

It's aesthetically pleasing and uncluttered. Instantaneous and efficient payroll processing. I like that it always seeks for new and better features. Many of our company's manual processes have been eliminated thanks to Ceridan Dayforce.

Pros

Dayforce streamlines our human resources, payroll, benefits, time tracking, recruiting, and onboarding processes, increasing productivity, profitability, and morale across the board.

Cons

I didn't like the reporting since you couldn't change some of it and it was all in PDF format, but they've made great strides in that direction in the three years since we started working here. V2 reporting allows for more flexibility and personalization.

Enrique A.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Super powerful HRIS, but difficult to implement and maintain

Pros

Dayforce does everything we need it to do: payroll, tax calculations, workforce management, time and attendance, document management. It's an incredibly powerful platform for managing and serving our employee population, and integrates well with other software platforms and applications including ERPs.

Cons

The implementation process required a level of resource commitment (both financial and personnel) that we weren't prepared for, so the timeline from kick-off to go-live had to be extended several times. The implementation ended up costing double what was budgeted, and took six more months than expected.

LM

Lori M.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Game changer!

It has taken a couple of years to get our feet solid but we are able to do better Workforce Planning and Reporting and are starting to see a definite ROI.

Pros

Dayforce HCM was one of the only products that could put our Global Payroll onto one platform. We consolidated 5 separate systems into 1 system and it has been amazing. They offer so many different modules we no longer needed anything else.

Cons

It is a fairly complex system that takes a lot of time to learn. Implementation was very complicated and can be overwhelming.

EJ

EMILY J.

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Good if you need basic, cheap software; a joke otherwise

I had a love/hate relationship with it. It was easy to log in and out, the basis of the system to track employee hours. Many times in 2016/2017, the software wouldn't read those clicks though, so myself or colleagues would be working for several hours or off work for several hours only to realize our logging in or out hadn't took. Then we'd have to bother our boss to do it, who was hostile about doing so. Having worked in tech, I understand bug issues, but this is a big one to have. The software is affordable, which is why our company chose it. If the bug issues were resolved for good, I'd feel more confident recommending it.

Pros

I liked that the buttons were big and accessible and easy to see, and that they later modified different types of clocking in and out (lunches, etc). When they updated the software, you could tell they tried (and succeeded, partially) in simplifying some of the screens for users.

Cons

Past versions of Dayforce would freeze up a bit. Also, any time anything went wrong (sometimes a log in or out didn't take, sometimes a time would need to be edited) the manager or boss would have to personally modifying these issues. Under good management, this wouldn't be an issue. Under bosses who can barely handle stress and take systems errors out on their employees, it's a complete nightmare situation. This is where Dayforce could really look beyond coding issues and consider how to socially engineer better customer service solutions so even technically challenged supervisors can use the system easily.

LM

Lynda M.

Construction, 201-500 employees

DF Review

We are still learning and continue to perfect our needs and our abilities.

Pros

EE's can share legal entities, ease of moving employees, international component

Cons

Support, benefits and payroll cannot talk to one another for reporting purposes!! Crazy!!

KP

Khristan P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Empowering Team Members

Overall, we have truly benefited from partnering with Dayforce. Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, the accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. Our managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, we have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Pros

• Our team members are excited about the user friendliness of the program, • Great to have accessibility from their mobile devices and the functions that empower them to submit requests & changes electronically. • Managers have raved about being able to schedule within labor guidelines and team member availability. • Time Off requests are easier to track, schedule, approve/decline. • Personal Action Form items that require approval are now electronic, which has smoothed out our process. • We have seen a decrease in the amount of paperwork that was being processed & tracked, we have seen an increase in managerial productivity, • We have seen a time savings in our payroll processing and an improvement in our reporting capabilities.

Cons

Implementation might drive you crazy, but your team will be elated & productivity improved. It would have been helpful to know more about what was required & expected for implementation so we could have made better decisions with assigning responsibilities during the implementation process.

DS

Don S.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

Outstanding and Underrated HRIS System - Ceridian Dayforce Review

I have been using Ceridian Dayforce for seven years now, and I can confidently say that it is an outstanding, underrated HRIS (Human Resources Information System) that has transformed the way we manage our HR and payroll functions. We rely on Dayforce for payroll, human resources, benefits administration, talent management, and time and attendance tracking, and it has consistently exceeded our expectations...

Pros

User-friendly interfaceComprehensive payroll functionalityRobust HR and benefits managementEffective talent managementPrecise time and attendance trackingOutstanding customer supportAffordable and scalable

Cons

Attendance Management: This area needs some updating. Is not easy to automate. Currently not able to view attendance points on the mobile app.

DK

Dhivya K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees

My thoughts about Dayforce being an employee and a customer

Dayforce is a company that has very high standards for themselves, they keep continuously innovating themselves and are uphold the ideals of a company that stands by "Makes work life better"

Pros

Workforce Management is a very advanced module that has plenty of pay policy rules and qualifiers to ensure automated set up of CBA rules

Cons

Small things like having the ability to filter on pay codes in the set up screen can make a lot of difference to power users like me, but this is not a deal breaker by any means. Improvisations can be done but critical functionalities are already well established

JB

Jessie B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Employee-friendly self-service once implementation hills are climbed

Pros

The ease of and accessibility of reporting and the self-service features for employees, including the always-expanding app, is wonderful. I also find the handshake between the onboarding feature and the HR to be a strong plus.

Cons

I feel like my con is less about Ceridian as a platform and more about the lack of cohesiveness offered by the support team. I feel like the value of and quality of communication and follow-through vary wildly from case to case.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Decent HR Software Program That Gets the Job Done

Dayforce HCM is our main source for anything employee-related and it has been a consistent and useful resource for us. It has the information we need and when we need it, and we can trust and depend on them to provide the functionalities we require. Although not as UI/UX friendly as other software platforms such as Workday, it is a relatively cheap platform that allows employees to do what they need to do.

Pros

Dayforce HCM is a good HR software program in that it is a cloud-based platform for workforce management and other essential things such as payroll, benefits, and document management. It essentially gets the job done for the common employee and offers enough functionality to be a useful platform.

Cons

The overall aesthetic feel and functionality wasn't as smooth and intuitive as the previous HR software our company used, which was Workday. It's not a dealbreaker but it goes a long way to empower the user to feel like they understand and to a large degree have a comfortable control of the app in the first few experiences.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback! Your insight is very valuable and we appreciate you spending the time to share your experience. Very best, Michael

GF

Giselle F.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Fantastic payroll application!

The experience was great. The implementation team worked with me every step of the way and was there for the first 3 go-live payrolls. I cannot say enough about tech support - even during the exceedingly busy months of January and February you didn't wait long on hold to speak with someone. I wish all the other tech support companies I deal with for different applications were as good as they are!

Pros

I liked the ease of use - clocking in / out is not cumbersome with umpteen different steps. Data entry for my weekly payroll is quick - one screen does it all; no need to change screens. Especially love the fact that I can make employees inactive and not necessarily have to terminate them - our employees are divided between union and non-union > union employees come and go during the course of the year - it's easy to place them as 'inactive'.

Cons

The cost is more than what we had with our other Ceridian payroll product. We do get value for the money and as we build more components into the program, such as performance management, for example, it will be worth every penny.

PB

Pamela B.

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce Makes it Easier

Pros

Ease of use. User friendly. Mobile capabilities.

Cons

Reporting cannot combine timesheet and payroll reports.

RW

Robin W.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Ceridian

My overall experience is great. I so rarely have an issue I cannot solve on my own. The software is easy to use and the customer support is friendly and super helpful. Not 1 complaint on my end.

Pros

EVERYTHING!!!!! I love how simple it is to use, straight-forward, I so rarely have to call for issues and when I do need customer support they have all the answers quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Nothing I absolutely love this software for Payroll.

TF

Tyler F.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Dayforce is Great

It replaced a prior HCM system that was not doing a good job. Users were not happy with the accessibility to infromation

Pros

It is fantastic. It handles all of our HCM and payroll needs. The reporting is great, never any issues with compliance

Cons

There is nothing that i dont like . It is a great platform.

TV

Tina V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Dayforce Review

Pros

Dayforce has many great features. The HUB is a great new additional in the last 2 years. It provides a great place to house important information easily. Onboarding is really nice and streamlined. It is easy to navigate and set up. If you have the Onboarding HUB, visibly it provides a new start to the candidate experience. I have worked with the Performance and Compensation module the last 3 years and it has a lot of neat functionality and pretty easy to navigate.

Cons

Dayforce is very technical. It is nice to know you can build customize forms but not coming from an IT background, trying to learn SQL has been a challenge. There are a lot of nice reports but it is very challenging to set up certain reports utilizing custom fields. Dayforce is constantly enhancing their products but continually to have to pay for each new enhancement the majority of the time is challenging especially coming from a Non-Profit world when we already utilize most of the system.

AM

Amy M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Ask the questions up front

Dayforce has automated some of our HR services

Pros

It’s cloud based so it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

The reporting, however ax compliance, & customer service is something that needs help. The response to issues (always an issue somewhere) is not communicated. They just tell you it’s fixed. It’s difficult to deal with people in another country that don’t understand our laws.

JT

Joy T.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501-1,000 employees

Transformation

My overall experience was good. Our implementation team kept us on track and asked us questions to understand our business and processes and recommend best practices for us. I would and have recommended Dayforce to others.

Pros

Our business was heavily paper driven prior to using Dayforce. We had an older payroll system, no benefits administration, a separate time and attendance system outside of payroll, a manual recruiting and manual learning process. What I like most about Dayforce is that it’s a single platform that will house all important employee information is together. I no longer have managers calling to ask...

Cons

The downside is that each module that we purchased is a separate cost. This is a good and bad thing, we only pay for what we need, but since I want everything we need to pay for it.

CS

Chris S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Spend more time on strategic decisions and less time worrying about your software application.

Summary: Dayforce has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities. Employees can view their time card in real-time and it's easy to view task progress across devices. Reporting could be more robust. Dayforce is very useful in an environment where there is a fast pace and multiple access points such as retail, grocery stores, etc. Places of work that...

Pros

- Intuitive user interface that is easy to use for people with various technical abilities - Employees can view their time card in real-time on many different devices - Easily view task progress across devices and with downward visibility throughout the organization

Cons

- Dayforce could use more robust reporting within the application but have recently released a new Business Intelligence tool to fill the need

JG

Julie G.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Dayforce HCM

I love using Dayforce , the Account Management and support engagement is fantastic and I have never felt as part of a 3rd party as I do with Ceridian. They go the extra mile to partner with their customers.

Pros

Dayforce HCM provides a great selection of modules that fulfil every HR/Payroll need in a system landscape. The Dayforce team support companies to configure the system themselves by providing excellent mentoring and support rather than having to ask and pay for configuration each time you want to make a change.

Cons

The Organisational structure maintenance is not as seamless as other products, but new position management hierarchy solutions are being evolved by the product team all the time and they just need to provide extra support to move existing users to the new process.

ZL

Zach L.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Ceridian Dayforce

Overall, the experience has been great with our new team members being able to pick up the system quickly. The system does offer lots of functionality which we are always excited to build out.

Pros

Dayforce HCM does have a lot of useful features, such as the ability to onboard employees, manage compensation cycles allowing bonuses/raises to occur directly in the system based on manager input. The core offering are also useful with the employee profile and being able to access information quickly and easily. Integrating with our current processes was reasonable where we did require a few tweaks but often it did improve the process as a whole.

Cons

Features tend to be missing across a variety of modules, where it seemed like it was rushed to launch without thinking of the end users full needs. Tons of ideas are posted on the Aha portal mentioning differing product enhancements with almost no action from Ceridian for years, which is not a great customer experience especially when votes reach the hundreds or thousands. Ceridian needs to do a much better job at listening to their customers as other HCM systems have been better at this.

ER

Elisa R.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Dayforce HCM is an excellent HR, Payroll, Workforce Management Software

Pros

Dayforce HCM is a reliable software and easy to use. Having payroll, HR, onboarding, benefits, attendance, and much more combined in one software is significant. Dayforce HCM meets our needs.

Cons

The benefits module is what I like least about Dayforce HCM. It can be finicky at times.

LW

Luke W.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce - One System for almost everything

Pros

We use most modules in Dayforce,m the ability to have all of these modules within the same tool removes many barriers for ease of use such as multiple systems, passwords and user interfaces. Dayforce provides one single visual UI. The integration of the some of the modules makes to visability of supporting information seamless

Cons

With our complex set of T&Cs, WFM was hard to implement and requires consultancy for an expert in the field. The lack of a Agency Portal for recruiting and the in ability to view internal vacancies on the mobile app are drawbacks

Samuel K.

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Phenomenal Human Resources Software, Highly Recommended!

My overall experience with Dayforce HCM has been great. It took me only a couple of minutes to set up my payroll administration preferences, my benefit preferences, as well as several other aspects of the on-boarding experience which employers typically ask of their new employees. I have not experienced any issues thus far in using Dayforce HCM, and I have been using it for quite a while now.

Pros

There are multiple things that I enjoy about Dayforce HCM, some of which include the ability to simply and efficiently administer payroll information such that employees would be able to enter their personal bank account information, how they would like their pay distributed among multiple bank accounts, if applicable. I also very much like the simplicity of the user interface when dealing with benefit...

Cons

The only possible aspect that I can point out as a negative when it comes to Dayforce HCM is its pricing brackets. Compared to other HR services, the price is a bit more expensive, which may become an obstacle for some, but when considering the value of the service you would be getting, I feel it is well worth it. Outside of the potential pricing barrier, I honestly have nothing else to point out as a negative, as the service does everything it promises to be able to do, and efficiently.

AJ

Anna J.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Happy Customer

Our payroll is much easier, HR processing is a bit harder than prior and reporting is good but complex.

Pros

Flexibility, customer support, sales team, leadership

Cons

Complexity. The software is so powerful that it becomes quite confusing .

PN

Peggy N.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reasons for using Dayforce

Faster payroll runs, love year end process which really save time and stress.

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to train new users. Handles or tax filings with little issues. Tax representatives easy to discuss any issue with. Payroll processing is quick and finishes very quickly with no errors if you check your import. Love how easy year end is. Even with having to hit information from HR and our accounts payable department we can close year end with little or no overtime. Support needs some work but they are becoming better in handling issues.

Cons

The support answering and helping wth issues. No communication between Dayforce and Source Tax.