Dayforce HCM Logo
Dayforce HCM

The all-in-one HCM software to empower your workforce

visit website

Dayforce HCM Reviews - Page 5

Jk

Justine k.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Smooth driving

Implement was not smooth nor easy. However, after 4years of using day force I can say I love dayforce!

Pros

Timesheet to Payroll is driving express hwy without traffic

Cons

I don’t like reports dayforce already generated because 70% of reports are useless nor working.

CG

Charles G.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce is great for a full system. They get a lot right and are working to get better.

Pros

Connectivity of all aspects of payroll and benefit management.

Cons

Once set up is complete change is near impossible.

DP

Diana P.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce Review

Overall I enjoy using Dayforce HCM. I do a lot of the set up for our organization and finding the direction/guidance needed using the Dayforce support system is very helpful. I also use the people feature on a daily basis as well as benefits. The product evolves with the times and is constantly being upgrading with new features.

Pros

Dayforce has an ease of use, moving around the different functions available in the people feature such as Work, Personal, Employment, Payroll, everything you need is at your fingertips

Cons

Reports can be difficult to build and sometimes getting the exact information you need all in one report can be cumbersome.

LR

Lisa R.

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best HCM I've used!

Our HR/Payroll functions have improved dramatically. We were 90% paper-based and now I would say we are 15% paper based or less. It was a lot of work to implement Dayforce for a 4000+ employee company but it was so worth it.

Pros

Single platform HCM with real time functionality, promotes paperless HR/Payroll processing, makes payroll processing a breeze, Ceridian constantly enhances the product and listens to customer feedback

Cons

It's been challenging going from the Silverlight-based functions to the HTML because we were used to using the Silverlight modules but now that we're getting used to the new HTML modules I really like them. The challenging part about getting used to the new HTML modules is we had just implemented Dayforce so we were still getting used to the software itself and then we had to get used to a new version in HTML which had a different look/feel.

Hi Lisa, Thank you kindly for your review! We are delighted you are having a wonderful experience with Dayforce. All the best, Michael

RA

Rachita A.

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

Best payroll software

Amazing experience and makes work life so much better

Pros

Functionality and ease of use is awesome

Cons

Lag time and response time to tax notices

NW

Natalie W.

Public Safety, 501-1,000 employees

reporting & scheduling

Good - working through the issues with support

Pros

reports should be able to put numbers in two decimal places managers should be able to edit schedules on the same screen as timesheets

Cons

reports - creating employee change report - runs be change date not date range of change.

sc

sarah c.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Dayforce, our HR Partner

Dayforce has been mostly intuitive and allows for many features and automations to be held under one roof.

Pros

I like that dayforce allows us to have a one stop shop approach to HR and people management.

Cons

I believe that Ceridian support could benefit from assigning primary contacts for accounts so there is a mutual understanding of what is needed from Dayforce.

DJ

Del J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

DayForce

Pros

user friendly, all in one platform, system admin

Cons

support takes long to resolve a problem sometimes.

Carlos M.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Dayforce enhances the ability to improve customer projects

We needed a performance management tool to manage compensation, human resources, time and attendance, and this year we will begin using Dayforce for these purposes. Because the company has many locations and a diverse range of user skills, Dayforce is simple for employees to use and understand. HR and payroll administrators are comfortable using it for their daily tasks. Dayforce aims to improve the quality of its system for users and the experience they have. Updates are constantly being made to incorporate new features and enhancements, as well as troubleshooting. The operational Dayforce tasks that you have the ability to perform normally are those that you choose to launch; if they are not beneficial to the tasks you have, you may want to leave most of the tasks turned off.

Pros

The moment I have a complication, my support point deals with it correctly and with great accuracy. Dayforce offers a lot of training by video or under the guidance of a professional. These are very helpful to go back over or in case I want to run a new feature. Features are constantly being updated and enhancements added to features; some of which are user suggestions. We do not turn to IT services for assistance with Dayforce; any complications are handled by myself, the HRIS administrator, and assistance with Dayforce as needed.

Cons

There are some complications with custom reporting; in general, if they require a modification, such as adding a field, there is likely to be a fee to do so.

DI

Donna I.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Innovative HCM

Overall this is an innovative product that continues to make this easier, faster and more efficient year over year. Dayforce keeps up with HCM trends and even leads innovation in several areas, which means Dayforce customers will have cutting edge HCM technology available to them before the competition catches up.

Pros

Modules connect with each other seamlessly allowing critical information to update across the app with minimal additional steps, if any

Cons

Customer support (via tickets) can be really hit or miss. The techs are either phenomenal, knowledgable and friendly or will schedule a zoom having done no preliminary research, read your ticket together and then ask for more time to research the issue. There seems to be no in-between

AM

Angie M.

Innovative and customizable total HR solution

Pros

Ceridian was able to customize the solution to fit my unique business needs. The other HRIS providers were not willing to make changes in their offerings and instead pushed an "one size fits most" product. The solution has automated our payroll, recruitment, onboarding, HR, benefits, document management, performance management process and more. Ceridian has now become a daily stop for our employees and has significantly reduced the administration work for our payroll and HR teams. Whats more, the product has enhanced our security and privacy by transiting to a secure software program instead of using paper and excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Turn around time for customer solution tickets could be improved. Sometimes when little things need to be tweaked the customer needs to submit a ticket to their client solutions team. On average the turn around time has acceptable but on occasion could be faster.

SM

Shannon M.

Sports, 201-500 employees

Best Decision We've Made

We do not use paper time sheets, this has the HR function which we have never had before.

Pros

Payroll and HR is more efficient. It's easy to use an learn. I love the educational feature.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like. I think we were so outdated on the system we had before that everything on this system was an improvement.

KS

Karen S.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce

Pros

That employees are able to complete their own paperwork to include adding direct deposits and submitting their own tax forms

Cons

We cannot print up a time sheet from timesheets

DB

Debra B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Longtime partnership continues to improve through Dayforce!

Pros

Flexibility! Dayforce is easily customizable to accommodate our business needs as they change. As we continue to add modules, our processes increasingly become more efficient, effective and accurate. Simultaneously and seamlessly the system streamlines all of the data, whether it's HR or Payroll, in a functional manner. We've reduced the time to process payroll by 70%! We appreciate the partnership with Ceridian, a relationship that has lasted over 29 years!

Cons

I would like to see quarterly regional meetings to meet other Ceridian/Dayforce clients, gain insights and share ideas. The only time I get an opportunity to meet and collaborate with other users is during Insights and I seem to always miss the opportunity to meet other users. I would like to see a price break for non-profit companies. It's important to retain our services but we are limited in the dollars we spend annually.

TC

Trish C.

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Dayforce Rocks!!

I love it. It is user friendly and real time tracking which is awesome!!! Super easy to learn and teach!

Pros

I use the recruiting module a lot and I really like it. I love the talent management pool and how easy it is to use and send resumes. The talent pool keeps me organized as well,

Cons

Nothing really. Sometimes it lags in the recruiting module but otherwise I love it,

CJ

Crystal J.

Philanthropy, 1,001-5,000 employees

All in One Software Package for Your Time & Attendance, Payroll and Human Resource Needs

Make the decision to choose Ceridian Dayforce! It's worth the investment.

Pros

Dayforce HCM is a one stop shop to handle our robust business needs. We have over 2,500 employees that work multiple jobs at multiple locations and needed a system to handle our Timekeeping, Scheduling and Payroll alongside our Recruiting, Onboarding and Performance Management needs. This system has great reporting features and the ability to create custom reports that meet specific business needs. Dayforce HCM also has the ability to create several different roles with different permissions and this functionality is a plus for the different management levels we have. I also love the workflow features throughout the system and the ability for forms to be created and routed to the appropriate approver to reduce some of our manual processes.

Cons

A new system always requires training and Dayforce HCM is the same. There is a plethora of training that should and needs to be completed to be able to fully use and appreciate all this software has to offer. Great news is Ceridian has a comprehensive training site which houses videos, instructor-led courses, MyPath (hands-on) training, etc. which will be great preparation to use this system.

AE

Amanda E.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

A day with Dayforce

I will continue using this program as long as I’m a practice manager

Pros

This software makes it easy to calculate hours and submit payroll. Imputing schedules with ease. Showing associate availability and pto requests.

Cons

I honestly didn’t have much to complain about. I feel like every software can be improved but nothing bad to say about this one

MR

Melissa R.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Dayforce is great!

Our overall experience has been great. Sometimes when there are updates or patches we have a few issues but they are fixed right away. Our integration went very well and we have no desire to discontinue using dayforce ever.

Pros

I liked the user friendliness, reliability, variety of excellent features, fairly easy integration, and responsiveness of the company.

Cons

There is sometimes a long gap between putting in a service ticket and getting a repair. It seems some of the outsourced IT representatives are not well versed with the software.

DK

Darin K.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reports on demand

It's been very positive. The support staff has been phenomenal and they have helped us all along the way. I was shocked at the level of support we received in order to help us with some of our more creative problems.

Pros

I love that I'm able to get the reports that I need relating to my department. I'm able to pull reports in real time and get them instantly in excel format where I can manipulate the data to better my department and company. Even better I can write my own reports including the data I need and exclude what I don't need. This has been monumental in pushing my department and company forward in a very competitive market.

Cons

Some of the things I need in order to be more successful require an added fee per employee. Advanced scheduling module would be very beneficial for me, but we cannot justify the cost at this time

LC

Lisa C.

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce - strong product for US and Canada

Good in North America. A struggle outside of North America.

Pros

Native payroll and compliance are strengths

Cons

Need to improve their Talent suite and global payroll process

CG

Chelsea G.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

First Year Customer

Less manual processes. We came from using mainly spread sheets.

Pros

I like the Onboarding Guided Processes and Meet the Team features the most.

Cons

Our implementation has taken much longer than forecasted

IB

Iuliana B.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce

Pros

Is easy to use and I like a lot the connectivity between different modules

Cons

The customer service is very slow to answer

DM

Danna M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 employees

Leaping into the future...

ABC Inoac previously utilized the Ceridian HPW platform solely for payroll management. Due to personnel changes and attrition over the years, we were down to only two users who could operate within HPW. As the obvious need for change was being discussed, we became aware of the Dayforce application and could not wait to see it first hand. From day one we knew this was the solution would best fit...

Pros

Fairly seamless transition from HPW to Dayforce platform. We used to utilize a separate Kronos system for timekeeping so having timekeeping and payroll all in one application now is so much easier. Our HR and support staff are able to focus on other important issues rather than spend hours on timesheets. Utilizing the benefits functionality has been a bit of a transition but has gone very well. We look forward to a totally interactive open enrollment in 2017.

Cons

Implementation team changes caused some delays during configuration which ultimately cut into our testing timeline. This was a bit of an inconvenience but thanks to a great internal team, we were able to navigate the changes without jeopardizing the go-live of 1/1/16.

Angel R.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Payroll and Benefits Manager

Pros

Very versatile to tailor to your needs but this all comes with additional cost.

Cons

Relationship with smaller clients is not priority with no CRE

EW

Elizabeth W.

Medical Devices, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dayforce

Pros

Learning resources and Dayforce help. Great time features and form capability.

Cons

Limited engagement and succession planning features. Lack of customization.