eSkill Reviews

4.47/5 (87 reviews)

Natasha Krestinina

eSkill is a great way of skills screening for support staff

Reviewed 2018-09-18

We are a small boutique law firm in Ontario and have relied on the results of this tool for support staff screening for more than 8 years. I personally designed the tests using the preset modules and based on the skills we require in support staff such as working knowledge of Microsoft Office, attention to detail, logical thinking, problem solving, client service etc. These are generic, not related to legal knowledge, skills and allow to get a good baseline for individuals that we select for interviews in person. I love the fact that we have flexibility in setting up our own customized test. It is very user friendly but I did use support initially and had a great experience.

Pros
Ease of use Customization and flexibility in changing tests Verity of topics, software and skills covered Customer service and support

Cons
Expiring credits when not used and continuous follow up with customer support to extend credits. The reality of the small organizations is that we go through hiring process infrequently but deal with a lot of applicants at the time which makes it difficult to predict what package to buy. Then we may still have to fill positions for leaves from time to time which is not very predictable either so having these credits on the account without having to "use them up" would be very helpful. Having said this, each time these are discussed with me and left on our account so no loss so far in the years that I've used eSkill, but some loss of time there for both, eSkill and ourselves that could be avoided.

Maria Ahumada

Exceptional service

Reviewed 2018-04-23

The variety of assessments provided were specific to our client needs, and as an organization we were able to identify skilled/marketable candidates

Pros
The system is user friendly, and the software has a variety of assessments to choose from. Visibility to assessment results are immediately available to help determine passing score, and most importantly identify areas of opportunity for each test taker.

Cons
We do not receive an email alert as soon as test taker completes their assessment. Nor are we able to send multiple assessments per email. Each candidate we work with may require multiple assessments to determine their skill level.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill and share your feedback. With eSkill, you do have an option to receive score notifications via email as soon as your candidate submits their assessment. We are working on a feature that would allow you to send out multiple assessments at once.

Shanna Miller

Best for Aptitude Tests

Reviewed 2019-04-12

From the word GO this experience has been amazing. As I stated earlier, I feel the questions relate to the skills we are testing for. Chance has been an absolute Godsend in getting everything sorted for us any time that we need it. The candidates have had minimal complaints on using this software, as well. I could not be happier that we have been able to use eSkills for nearly three years now.

Pros
I love the ease of use and that we can easily have a new test set up. We can make our own tests (if we only had the time), or our EXCELLENT representative (Chance) will set up one within an hour (or less, usually) of our request.

Cons
I have no complaints about this software. I think it is easy to use, and I feel the questions give us a fair representation of our candidates's skills.

Julie Hietala

Great Product, easy to use and even easier to customize!

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Eskill has been a great product and we have had a wonderful experience working with customer support. They have a large inventory of subjects and questions to help us tailor tests to our specific needs. Eskill assessments are easy for us to administer to candidates and easy for our candidates to take online. Very rarely do our candidates have issues taking the tests online. We are very happy with our choice to use Eskill!

Pros
We love that it is easy to customize tests for our different needs. Eskill has been a fantastic solution for our pre-employment needs!

Cons
The pre-purchase of tokens is hard to gauge our need, but the price is reasonable so it isn't too much of a hardship if we don't use them all or if we need to purchase additional tokens.

Anonymous

The system easy to use and allows us the flexibility and versatility to create customized tests.

Reviewed 2017-10-13

Pros
The biggest pro is the customer service we receive. It is fast, friendly and fixes are made as quickly as possible. They have a great interest in our company's success.

Cons
If I were to make any recommendations it would be to have eSkill get feedback from clients on updates they may need. Our business is changing rapidly and with that we need to test for new things like Iphone, IOS etc. Asking their clients for things they may need would be great.

Jennifer McHugh

eSkill Review

Reviewed 2019-04-19

The customer service is great and the team has been wonderful for our office! The team is communicative, responsive, and friendly.

Pros
I like that it is very user friendly, both for the person taking the assessment and us in the office. It is easily changed and/or updated. The confirmation that it has been sent to people is great, as that is not a function that we had before.

Cons
I don't like that it doesn't allow us to send software tutorials out to our associates. I also feel like the scoring that we have received back on eSkill is much lower than other software that we have used. I am not sure how the scoring is done, but I know that compared to the last couple software systems we have used for testing, our associates are scoring much lower overall!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Kathleen Metcalf

Skill testing made easy!

Reviewed 2018-11-17

We needed a way to measure skill without being in-person with both candidates and employees. The test/assessment results factor into hiring decisions, placement into the right job/role and professional development & training plans.

Pros
eSkill allows us to simply and consistently measure skills. We can design training and development plans that include concrete information from the results.

Cons
We have to send the participants to the eSkill site; we do not have it integrated into our own. We would love to see more categories for measuring business/real estate administrative skills.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We will certainly send your requests to our Content Development Team. Our testing system does have an open API so we can integrate with most platforms. Your Client Success Manager will be able to provide you with a statement of work to be able to integrate.

Cindy Koenigseder

ABF Freight Review

Reviewed 2018-11-09

This allows us to get a better understanding of our applicants abilities.

Pros
The software is easy to use and a great tool for our company.

Cons
The software will close out in the middle of someone taking a test periodically.

Response from eSkill Corporation

We are happy to hear how easy you find eSkill to use! We do apologize that you experience issues during your testing. Please reach out to us directly to resolve the issues that you face.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Pete Van Opens

SO Much Flexibility

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-04-19

Proficiency testing of technical topics was my primary reason for choosing eSkill and I've been very satisfied. There are many other areas that I may use and that flexibility is valuable.

Pros
The eSkill platform offers hundreds of proficiency tests for either skills or jobs. It's very easy to select a test that's pre-made and assign it to someone. Results can come back to any number of people and are available as soon as the person completes the test. A key benefit (and my favorite) is the ability to create your own test out of the thousands of questions in the hundreds of tests. In fact there are several ways to create your own test that give you so much flexibility and convenience. In my case, I created a really long test (takes over an hour to complete-not recommended) that evaluates nearly all aspects of a role ahead of me spending time interviewing. This also tells me if the candidate is really engaged.

Cons
With flexibility like this, it may take time to find all of the questions you'd like if building your own test, but it's worth the effort. Credits expire after two years, which seems like a long time, but in a crazy world, you never know what will happen.

Allison Tyndall

We run individual reports for our smaller clients as well as resell accounts to larger clients.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Pros
The number of test subjects available, as well as the ability to pick and choose the questions within a given topic.

Cons
The inability to search for a test that has been created previously. Instead we have to scroll through pages of tests looking for the specific test we need. Also, when trying to change the order of the questions within a test, the inability to move blocks of questions, instead having to move one question at a time.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to say you can now search for created tests in your Test Center. We do have the ability to easily move the order of multiple questions at once. Our Channel Partner Manager, RJ, will reach out to you directly to show you exactly how to do this.

Anonymous

Pleased, but would like improvements

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Overall, its been good. Great customer support and timely responses from our customer success manager.

Pros
The tool functions well and the test results are a big part of our staffing and recruiting processes. My suggestions would be to make your test result outputs be more intuitive and visually compelling. We include the results with our packets and, to be honest, they are the least compelling of all the disparate documents we include. In a word, they look "dated".

Cons
The GUI for developing tests is not intuitive and a bit clunky to use. The test result outputs are not very visually compelling

Reducing the Field

Reviewed 2018-09-21

Pros
They offer many questions in their list that apply to our business and in particular, what we look for in a candidate.

Cons
The portal and subsequent use seems a little dated. As a software/IT person, it works fine for me but it could be cumbersome for others.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Chris Marciano

Great! Customer Service is amazing.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Pros
Ability to create custom tests. Flexibility to listen to what we need and create then implement. Toooons of questions in the bank.

Cons
Organizations of test is nothing to be desired. Its complicated to sort through the tests, edit them and move them easily.

Great Software!

Reviewed 2019-04-30

Easy to use, accurate, and great customer service!

Pros
I enjoy the user friendly portal that allows you to create and adjust the aptitude test. This allows us to design just the exact test that helps us fill our client's need of staff!

Cons
I haven't found anything that I can "complain" about. If there has been a problem that has popped up, the customer service team was quick to fix it!

Lauren Hayes

Great!

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
Ease of use for us and candidates testing, automatically receiving results through email, ability to customize tests

Cons
Can not think of any at this time, we have not had any issues with eskill.

Selena Hodges

eSkill Review

Reviewed 2018-09-18

Pros
I like the ability to create your own test, as well as, using ones already in the system. I like that you have can more than one test for people.

Cons
Not really a con about the software. My biggest frustration was people taking the test. Most people think it is a scam or junk email.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for your kind words! We do understand some test takers may assume the invitation is junk. We recommend informing the applicant beforehand to expect an email invitation coming from info@eskill.com. Alternatively, we do have an extra feature that allows you to customize your own invitation. If you are interested in learning more about customized email invitations, please reach out to us!

Tania Bales

Easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-09-14

Pros
I like that I can create my own tests that fit the companies required skills. It is very helpful in determining the skills of the candidate and if they will be a good fit within our company. I like the reports so I can compare test scores between team member and candidates.

Cons
I can't create my own questions. The reports are helpful, however, they are somewhat difficult to select the type of report I am looking for.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for your kind feedback! We do have an available feature called eSkill Editor, that allows you to create your own questions. Your Client Success Manager, Michelle, will be able to discuss this feature further with you.

Llewellyn Somers

We use eSkill to vet potential candidates during our hiring process on Excel and Word skills.

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Info on our job candidates Excel and Word knowledge.

Pros
I was able to customize my own tests. Automated emails are nice for both myself as the admin and for test takers.

Cons
Customizing took a long time and the interface is a bit clunky. Automated emails are long and overly complicated.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We understand creating a test from scratch can be time-consuming. Your Client Success Manager is always available to assist you during this process to make it easier for you! We are in the process of updating our user interface. Please keep an eye out for our notifications and release date, as this is coming soon :)

Gina Davis

Good Skills Test Product

Reviewed 2018-09-21

Pros
The ability to customize test using systems testing database

Cons
Some test don't seem to give credit for knowing shortcuts. Also, there is no way to know what is the benchmark or how it was determined. This would be helpful when comparing testers results.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We do accept all common methods of answering simulation questions. Please never hesitate to reach out to us directly, we will happily add new correct methods to answering questions. We understand the scoring scale can be confusing, your Client Success Manager, Melisa, will happily discuss benchmarking scores with you.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kelly Painter

Best Skills platform

Reviewed 2017-04-12

eSkill by far provides the features to design and deploy the best skills tests and create the best candidate experience. They have a wealth of content and provide the capability to develop tests using your own content. The best part, their dedicated customer service team.

Pros
ease of use

Cons
no cons

Melissa Fullen

Our company has had great success using eSkill. We love how user friendly it is!

Reviewed 2017-09-14

Pros
Great tech support should you need help, easy to create testing and administer testing, easy for the test taker to navigate.

Anonymous

I have had a great experience with ESkill, especially their MS Office Simulations and with the Edito

Reviewed 2017-12-18

Saving time on testing candidates in the selection process

Pros
Simulations, Large range of subjects. Integration with Taleo is very helpful. The Customer Service team is very helpful.

Cons
Would wish there were more simulations. There are not that many cons other than having more simulations.

Amy Paster

Great Product

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Pros
Easy to use, easy to customize, and very transparent.

Cons
Almost too many options with tests available.

Amy Bollinger, SHRM-CP, CSP, CSC, CHP

eSkill to the Rescue!

Reviewed 2019-04-23

We used to use a competitor testing platform, and had been using for quite some time, but as they grew larger, the service level grew smaller while my bill got even larger! eSkill seemed to realize all the issues that we were having and was able to solve all of our problems while being able to implement out to all of our offices across the country. They've been a great partner!

Pros
I like that each user can customize their testing experience for the candidates. The customer service is top notch too!

Cons
That I wasn't aware of their offering sooner!

Amy Langston  CSP, CPC

Would be nice to have

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Our overall experience has been very positive. Our entire staff was frustrated in the previous platform because it literally changed overnight with no warning. We did not have training until a few weeks later and it was just not the same and it negatively impacted the experience for our testing candidates. We have been very pleased with the change and the support we get in using the system.

Pros
The ease of setting up screens and the ability to send to specific internal staff, based on the test taken. Also the ability to set up the results to be shown immediately or in email to the candidate taking the test.

Cons
Would like to see more aptitude testing for mechanical assembly basics. Tool identification, correct assembly patterns, simulation questions, perhaps with a video and questions following, would be awesome.