eSkill Reviews

4.47/5 (87 reviews)

Anonymous

I have had a great experience with ESkill, especially their MS Office Simulations and with the Edito

Reviewed 2017-12-18

Saving time on testing candidates in the selection process

Pros
Simulations, Large range of subjects. Integration with Taleo is very helpful. The Customer Service team is very helpful.

Cons
Would wish there were more simulations. There are not that many cons other than having more simulations.

Amy Paster

Great Product

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Pros
Easy to use, easy to customize, and very transparent.

Cons
Almost too many options with tests available.

Bincy Podiyan

eSkill is a skill assessment software which eases the recruitment process in a very efficient manner

Reviewed 2018-04-20

Ease in recruitment process, Pre-screening of candidates before they get interviewed, Assessing candidates in almost every industry, Easy flow of the system

Pros
The flow of the system is very easy to use and the variety of question bank are some of the features that I like most about eSkill.

Cons
The incapability to integrate with a 3rd party software and time taken to generate a new question bank is something that I like least about eSkill.

Response from eSkill Corporation

We are happy to hear how easy you find eSkill to use! eSkill does have an open API to be able to integrate with different platforms. Our Channel Partner Manager, RJ, will reach out to you directly to discuss this process further.

Daniel Cloutier

Skills testing

Reviewed 2019-04-30

Overall I’ve been an avid customer of skills testing software is such as eskills. I’ve been a customer with this firm and the Prior firm which owned them for more than 10 years

Pros
The software allows me to factually determine if the candidates that I’m trying to hire actually have the skill sets that they declare having. I appreciate that the software is easy to use and that the results are being sent to me directly

Cons
The library of available tests could be expanded

Ramona Marinoaia

We love the ability to customize tests for IT jobs. It's the most efficient and accurate solution!

Reviewed 2017-04-24

eSkill has been our most powerful assessment tool in recruiting for jobs demanding a mix of specific and measurable skills, such as IT managers and programmers. Being able to easily customize tests relevant to each of the project roles we need to fill had us hiring better talent, boosted project success, and subsequent client loyalty. Our eSkill tests revealed all the candidates relative expertise levels before we hired them, and was a great investment for our business practice

Pros
flexible, accurate and easy to use.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Pros
I wanted to thank you for the consistently excellent customer service that eSkill, and especially CSR has provided us. I know in today’s world, we often only hear the negative complaints, so I wanted to take a moment to send you some positive feedback: CSR has always been so very pleasant and extremely responsive to any needs we have had. We appreciate the services eSkill offers and it has been wonderful to have a “real live person” to discuss our needs and help solve the challenges we face. CSR is consistently professional and accessible. Thank you for employing such a great representative of your company. It is so appreciated!

Cons
I am pleased with the software and do not have anything negative to say.

Donna Lonsdale

We've had a great experience with eSkill for the many years we have been using it.

Reviewed 2017-09-14

Tests exactly what we need for our call center positions and some other departments as well.

Pros
Easy to set up candidates for testing. We have used it for many years and have been very happy with it overall. The test was set-up per our guidelines.

Cons
Nothing really. We've had great luck with this product. Would like to be able to search by last name and have everything related to that person show up on one page.

Lindsay Jones

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Awesome customer service, Dwight is so fast and a pleasure to work with! Your pricing is competitive - you would be able to charge a bit more if you streamlined some of your functionality.

Pros
updates to tests based on software updates is great! We can request a test and eSkill accommodates within 3-4 months.

Cons
Some aspects are "clunky" like we have separate accounts for all of our branches and customer support must update a test on each branch account for us rather than us updating a test we've customized and being able to post it to each branch account on our own.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us to continuously improve our testing system. We have sent your feedback to our Content Development Team to review and resolve to be able to update all tests at once.

Erin Sullivan,MBA,SHRM-CP

Great System that Meets a lot of Needs!

Reviewed 2018-11-09

I have always had great customer service form eSkill and very consistent information all the years we have been working with them!

Pros
eSkill is simple to use and easy to access. In the almost three years we have been using eSkill in our hiring process, we have had improved candidates for interviews. The testing is also super customizable!

Cons
It can seem pricey, but the benefits to our company are

Christine Slusser

love this software have recommended it to others

Reviewed 2017-10-05

we are able to determine if an applicant really does possess the skills we are looking for.

Pros
I like that there are a lot of choices. you can also create your own test pulling from different tests.

Cons
there are so many choices, it can be overwhelming. I had to search a little bit to find the tests that had the questions I was looking for. our job titles did not necessarily match yours.

Toni Hart

Wonderful customer service; efficient & knowledgeable staff; testing works for hiring staff.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Ease of convenience; wide range of topics that you can test potential candidates on.

Pros
Ease of use and I can send testing to candidates via email remotely, which is beneficial and saves time.

Cons
It can be a bit time consuming to set up a new test; however I have had the help of our account rep, who has designed the test for me based on my comments, so this has worked well.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anna Hege

eSkill saves us time in the recruiting process

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Saves time, easy to use, helped us automate something that we were previously trying to do manually.

Pros
Easy to use, effective tool for screening candidates for our call center, good feedback from candidates about their experience taking the assessment.

Cons
A little expensive to use as a screening too, would use it more often if it was more cost efficient.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Mahela Ichinose

eSkill review

Reviewed 2019-04-12

My experience in the two years working with eSkill has always been positive. The service is great, the turn around time on tasks is great, and the people are knowledgeable and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better product and accountability.

Pros
I enjoyed that when I reached out to have a test created with a specific job description, my reps created it exactly as I wanted it and in the degree of difficulty I wanted it to be.

Cons
Nothing, it is everything I need it to be and it continues to serve a purpose.

Sandee Addison

Easy to use and is great to use when you need to ensure that a candidate has the right skills!

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Pros
I like that I can customize each skills assessment to match the position requirements. It is especially useful when I need to find a candidate that requires specific skills and this software ensures that we are finding someone who has a proven ability to pass the assessment.

Cons
I have not found anything so far that I do not like about it. We do not use it for every single position, just the ones that require a specific skill set, such as Excel.

Donnita Francis

Easy Testing site

Reviewed 2018-09-20

It is easy to use the software and easy to communicate with support

Pros
It was easy to formulate a test for a possible new hire to see if they possess the talents needed for the position. When i had concerns, customer support was very responsive and helpful.

Cons
There was nothing i didnt like. it was easy

Jake Baloian

Helpful, easy to use, value

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Very positive. The ROI on eSkill is very high.

Pros
The users who engage in the testing software, find using the test easy. The test results are very reflective of the actual knowledge of the user.

Cons
It takes time to set up tests. Budget about an hour of non-interrupted time.

Anonymous

knowledge testing does not translate into predictable performance

Reviewed 2018-11-16

Good

Pros
easy to use platform good customer service Ability to customize

Cons
knowledge testing does not translate into predictable performance: We are looking into case studies as part of our recruitment process to get a better sense of candidate's overall analytical, presentation and organizational skills.

Response from eSkill Corporation

We are happy to hear how easy you find eSkill to use! Your Client Success Manager is available to you to assist you in performing a case study.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kim Woolman

St. Clair County

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Our experience has bee very positive. We are utilizing it more and more every year.

Pros
Simulation and large variety of questions and subject matter

Cons
the process of building a test is not super user friendly. When reviewing I would like the option to remove irrelevant questions at that time instead of going back to the summary page to remove them.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for your feedback! If we are understanding your feedback correctly, you do have the option to delete a question during the Preview Test option. This button is located under the Question Navigator. Your Client Success Manager, Michelle, will reach out to you directly for further guidance.

Linh Gutierrez

Eskill review

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Assessing candidate skill level has helped us make informed hiring decisions for positions.

Pros
The software is easy to use and the assigned account rep is very responsive and helpful.

Cons
There are so many tests available that it can be difficult to narrow down to my needs and set up the appropriate test. However, this a good problem to have and the rep usually assists me if needed.

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Pros
The pre-employment testing we applied to most of our hires was very helpful in establishing benchmarks for ability and has correlated with success on the job.

Cons
The dashboard design looks a bit dated and is not always intuitive.

Emily Moak

Easy to use and wide variety of test options

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Pros
I like how many test subjects and categories there are, and how many sample questions are within each of those subjects. It's easy to look through the questions and select which ones I'd like to use for my tests.

Cons
It can be a bit cumbersome to create a test from scratch.

Response from eSkill Corporation

Thank you for taking the time to review eSkill. We are happy to hear you enjoy our vast subject library! We do understand creating a test from scratch can be time-consuming. Your Client Success Manager, Sydney, is always available to assist you during this process to make it easier for you!

Lisa Taylor

Reviewed 2019-04-24

very good

Pros
Easy To use for setting up tests. Easy to see results.

Cons
Did not offer some of what we wanted to test on

Courtney Boyle Carter, CSP

Great testing software

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Pros
This program is easy to use and easy to set up.

Cons
Some of the tests need editing for every day questions.

Silvia Aparicio

Great product overall

Reviewed 2018-11-13

eSkill has been a great resource for us when we are looking for a specific candidate with job skills that are tailored to a position.

Pros
I like that I am able to mold an exam into exactly what I am looking for and am able to preview the exam before sending it out. This allows me to ensure that our candidates will be tested on what applies to us specifically and not just an industry.

Cons
The platform overall is not the easiest to navigate through. However, after some browsing around, you are able to get the basics down.

WENDY STEWART

Great Software!

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Great experience. Would definitely recommend.

Pros
Great customer service! The questions I asked were always promptly answered by friendly staff. The ability to customize a test to meet our particular needs was a wonderful option. We were able to zone in on exactly the skills we wanted to test.

Cons
No cons to report so far. It works great.