Findmyshift Reviews - Page 4

find my shift has been invaluable to our department since 2009

Pros

Managing staff rosters for twenty-something part-time staff in 3 locations with variable hours and days is so much easier with online rosters. The colour coding makes looking up your shifts so easy

Cons

the linear display format is good but would be better if it could be displayed in multiple formats to see how the roster balances out over several months. i.e. being able to see several fortnights display in a calendar format to see how shifts are shared

Hi Phillipa! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Great Cloud Solution for Rosters

Ease of use. Good employee response and less arguing

Pros

Very easy to use, intuitive and responsive. I like the ease of importing new staff and the template driven week by week roster. This program was the original and I still think one of the best

Cons

Can be a bit expensive without an app based messaging service, maybe something to work on. I would like to see an option to setup rosters by number rather than employees and then you can add employee to number. this way you could build a number based template that anyone can be attached to.

Thanks for the review Brett!

Love it but...

FindMyShift works really well for our business needs, however, it could do so much more, the lack of regular updates and new feature as put the platform behind the competition. The rota part is great the rest around it is so so....

Pros

Being able to have the rota per building or per employee, we use per employee base don our business needs. How easy and quick it is to book and enter times.

Cons

Holiday management Uploads section and notice board need a lot of loving, not very 2018 more like 1999. The Android/ iOS app could be improved massively. Reports are not great or easy to use

Long time user

We have been using this system for over 2 years now and it has transformed our scheduling. We have around 30 staff doing vary varied rotas and we have managed to massively reduce the problems with confusion over " I didn't realise I was scheduled for then" and "Oh dear - I forgot but I am now not able to come in" etc. My only criticism is that the holiday system is not very simple to use but it is there and we use it. We have not had to use the support for a long while but in the early days we found that if there were any glitches that they were quickly sorted out. Generally a great piece of kit.

Pros

Clean and clear

Cons

Holiday functions

Thanks for the review Mark!

Does what it says on the tin

Improved communication and a better managed rota.

Pros

Accessible for all staff, easy to use. Staff have the ability to log on from outside of the organisation, which has made a massive difference when booking holidays and keeping staff informed of things that are going on within the organisation.

Cons

Doesn't automatically take of a facility if holiday has been granted, therefore will leave a name on the facility view, which we use a lot. I have been unsuccessful in getting our IPads to take photos when clocking in.

Thanks for the review Karen!

Comprehensive but requires work

FindMyShift is excellent for getting everything done that you need - scheduling a lot of employees, flexible and easy to change pay rates, reporting and budget views. I even use it as a notice board - part of employee shifts I can leave notes with instructions for my workers, which is excellent. The downside, and what may eventually push me to another service, is that I make all of the shift changes myself. Employees email me when they'd like to swap shifts and unfortunately this leaves me at the center of an ever increasing employee base that needs me to make detailed changes. There is a Timesheet feature but it seems pretty complicated and wouldn't serve our purposes, although I'm considering taking a third look at this to see if it's really not possible for us to use.

Cons

Thanks for the review Alexander. Get in touch if you'd like us to walk you through the way swaps and timesheets work.

Findmyshift is the most practical online option we have found and it makes our staff management easy

Pros

We can list all our employees and add the necessary information for each of them. The reports are great and crucial for us

Cons

We do not merge information with our POS, but I think Findmyshift would not be able to share it. This may be necessary if we upgrade our POS system for a full clock-in POS. If we did so, we would like the POS information to update Findmyshift, but at the moment those changes would have to be applied manually

Thanks for the review Luis! Get in touch with our support team about your POS integration requirements and we'll see what's possible.

Nice tool for your planning chores

Saves me time and effort with scheduling.

Pros

Easy to start and use for new hires. Calendar integration. Overview in browser.

Cons

Download of working hours report not that straight forward.

Thanks for the review Leshen!

Staff Rotas are Almost a Pleasure Now!

I have been using Findmyshift for around a year now and can not believe how it has transformed the previously onerous task of creating rotas. My staff find it extremely easy to use too including applying for holidays which I can either accept or decline. I would definitely recommend this to any other business especially those that work long shifts with numerous staff.

Pros

It's so simple to use for both employers and staff

Cons

I don't like using the software on my phone as it is difficult to get the information to appear on the correct date, I therefore only use my phone to view shifts rather than change anything

Hi Sue! Thank you for the feedback regarding using the site on your phone. We will certainly look into making it more user friendly. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know, we are happy to help!

A useful product that helps us to manage a large team with a flexible pattern of working

Pros

Extremely easy to use quickly - can allocate shifts by typing someone's first name, copy & paste shift patterns, etc. Ability to colour code shifts is very useful to help my team determine if the shift is available for team leaders or all staff.

Cons

The app is very difficult to use, and my team and I usually log in through our phone browser if we need to check it on our phones. It takes a long time to work through lots of requests from staff as it will ask to save before every request is approved or declined. This could be more efficient if it just automatically saved after every 2-3 requests are processed.

Thanks for the review Clare! To approve multiple requests at once, hold your finger over each request until it becomes selected. Once you've selected the requests you want to approve click the approve button and you'll only be prompted once (instead of each time). I hope this helps!

Hospital Carfe Review

Excellent - i find that this software allows me to work easitly and migrate over to the accountant the wages summary. Just a caution though - one of my employees did use this siftware to take an unfair dismissal case to court and I can't share it with employees anymore due to this risk.

Pros

Ease - webbased - easy to use - reports for leave

Cons

Employees can use it against the business

Thanks for the wonderful review Allyson! We do hope Findmyshift is not being used by staff against your business! We have privacy settings you can enable to minimise access to sensitive information. If you need any helps, contact us anytime.

HELPED A LOT IN EMPLOYEE ATTENDANCE

Pros

As the person assigned to create attendance and shifts for our employees, I had a hard time with time in and time out. I started using software that can offer Time Tracking features and found Findmyshift. It has helped our company greatly and it also has helped me, took a few things off my hands. It delivers what it advertises.

Cons

The features need more updates and more improvement. They are good and working now, but it feels like they can improve some more. Overall it's great.

Thanks for the review!

Easy to use and highly effective

My organization benefits greatly from the use of this software because out constantly changing schedule due to client demands can be sent to crews in real time.

Pros

For the past several years, we have been using this software to schedule and coordinate land surveyors. It is very easy for all staff to navigate and use which makes it highly effective to our team.

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay in updating schedules after an administrator has made edits to employee shifts. The can be anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.

Thanks for the review Chris!

Great service

I've been using it for a few years now and I can't imagine why I'd use anything else. Any trouble I have is quickly sorted with a message to support.

Pros

Easy for everybody to use. Any changes are real-time, alerts go out to staff and it can sync with my Google Calendar so everybody, at all times can see when/where they're working

Cons

tax rates are effectively useless as there's no way to add the personal allowance, NI, or anything except for a singular rate of tax

Thanks for the review, James!

It makes my life easier and less hassle with paper.

It was no place when I took over and it seem the easiest thing just to keep it on.

Pros

That the staff can see the rota as soon as I have done it with out having to come into work. It saves me using paper and can easily move shifts about and reallocate shifts.

Cons

I only have a small team and the cost does seem quite a lot. Not able to open on iPhone and the app isn't very good.

Thanks for the review Bruce. Get in touch with our support team and we'll see what we can do about the problems you're having on your iPhone. The site is expected to work on all iPhones.

Easy to use and user friendly

We are satisfied using this product since two years and we will keep using it for next year too It helps to keep full track of staff hours and our staff it helps them too to understand pick up extra shift or what are their shift hours etc....

Pros

From set up to go live its really easy and quick Very user friendly, also good for non computer user its easy to set up

Cons

Pay rates and more options for Tronc and other area

Thanks for the review, Himanshu!

Easy shift management

Excellent experience- simple to deploy, pay for and operate from both ends. Would recommend to any medium sized team!

Pros

The ability to manage staff's rota at a seconds action- The rota is easy to change, easy to read and the reporting is excellent added extra

Cons

The mobile application can be tough to use on occasion due to team size

Thanks for the review, Joshua!

Dorothy's Ltd

Very pleased with it as a rota system.

Pros

Easy to Use, and can tailor make to specification. Good reports and downloads. Exceptional cutomer service anytime.

Cons

Slow to make changes but this may be my internet. If you can have an HR package linked for keeping documents and custom build induction training for example staff can log in and do training which can be monitored. See what IRIS do in their packages on www.IRIS.co.uk that would be great.

Thanks for the review, Tasos!

Good Rostering System

FMS, is a user friendly system that allows us to roster multiple work locations from one location and all staff have access to assist with their own availability or non availability.

Pros

The ease of use and accessibility for all users.

Cons

The double entering. Due to the nature of our rostering requirements where we need to persons on every shift, when a change is made, the change is to be applied to both employees.

Thanks for the review Mike!

Has just revolutionized our rostering

Brilliant online rostering system that stays up to date, fully customisable, and user friendly. Ability to have generic logins and to send feeds directly to your calendar or phone. Never again do we have multiple copies of rosters floating around. Everyone is on the same page and no-one misses their shift because there were two different versions of the roster.

Pros

Easy to use. Looks good - the interface is simple and customisable

Cons

Small bugs in the system that are of no consequence (admin emails sometime come addressed to the wrong person but to the right address)

Thanks for the review Gerard!

Findmyshift serves our needs perfectly.

Pros

I like that we can communicate our schedule to our employees easily. I like that we can choose email or text to communicate with them. I can also send general messages out to everyone easily.

Cons

It would be great if the "Project" was able to contain an address and a hotel address. We use the Notice Board to communicate those things. now.

Thanks for the review Ann. To add addresses to your "Projects" create a custom column from the "Projects" page. If you run into any trouble or have any questions, get in touch with our support team.

Happily used this software for a few years now. Very useful. staff friendly

organisation

Pros

it gives me peace of mind that the staff will know well in advance when they are working, the message function is good as well, so I can inform them all easier at the same time

Cons

the running cost aren't an issue but that is a down side, would be a function for some kind of calendar or option to add in when we have events or party's on, just so I don't have to use one of the boxes.

Thanks for the review Rodney. For events, try add these under "Time off" and assign them to everyone rather than a single person.

Simple and fairly straightforward staff scheduling software

Saved lots of time compared to doing it on my own spreadsheets.

Pros

It's reasonably simple to use, robust and has a reasonable set of features. Being able to set templates and see staff schedules in a variety of means is very useful.

Cons

The time off system is awkward and really hard to use. It cannot calculate time off an accrual basis and can't differentiate between staff with hourly versus daily allowances. I have never yet been able to make sense of the budgeting features.

Thanks for the review Bruce!

Love the Software

Easy to create a booking - copy and paste

Pros

Easy to make booking, when making any changes on the booking it is simple and quick, no long-winded process - Love the Software

Cons

Cannot do auto template email confirmation. When scheduling a booking we need the client to be emailed the booking confirmation from a template. Also, a reminder auto email will be great

Thanks for the review Stef, glad to hear you're loving the software! Get in touch with us on live chat and we'll see if we can come up with a solution for your email confirmations.

Can work without it.

It helped us move from various spreadsheets to one unified software loaded with reports and great various great features.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and you can give different levels of permissions to each team member. Reports are very in-depth. You can send emails to all your staff through this software's outbox or message board.

Cons

I can't really say anything bad about it. I couldn't rate the customer support because I've never needed any, that's how its been to us.

Thanks for the review!