Firefish Reviews

Firefish

Combined recruitment marketing and CRM software

4.73/5 (120 reviews)

Pros
  • Customer support is awesome, I love the fact that they also provide webinars to help you build your business and give you the low down on the latest sales trends to help you get ahead of the crowd.Richard M.Read the full review
  • Very positive experience. We are so happy to have invested in Firefish and in a short period of time it has had an incredibly positive impact on our business.William P.Read the full review
  • Excellent system , nice and colourful, user friendly. The Support team are very good, offer to have webinar training sessions, send regular updates etc.Bryonie M.Read the full review
Cons
  • As with all software there is in initial learning curve, but once you are past this I would say I have no other negatives I can think of.John V.Read the full review
  • You have to keep everyone on them and it is frustrating when you want to take one off.Allison B.Read the full review
  • Initially we struggled on the temp side as it didn't allow us to input an hourly rate, only a day rate.Andrew J.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Steve Botting

Perfect software

Reviewed 2019-08-16

Firefish ensures we are up to speed with GDPR legislation as well as giving candidates their own profile when they register. The database is live and all of this also comes with a free website for your company - a very good website too.

Pros
Forever improving and trying to better themselves. Seriously, Firefish is an excellent piece of kit for our industry.

Cons
Integration with Job boards is ok but could be improved - screening questions for example.

Stacey Hunt

How can you not love the fish?

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Pros
Before purchasing Firefish we conducted a full search of other products on the market. What ultimately swung it for us came down to 3 things: 1) The easy layout and use of the software 2) The customisation's available 3) The passion and help of the support staff We felt from day one that the team at Firefish understood our business and at the time it was a very complicated one! They supported us and did everything they could to accommodate our requirements, we didn't just feel like a number to them! We spent a good amount of time talking to Firefish over voice calls having training sessions which were beneficial and they answered any queries we had, and those they couldn't answer at the time, they took away and came back to us on. The software itself is very easy to use. There are of course tweaks that every business feels it could benefit from, and what's good about Firefish is that you can make suggestions to the Company for feature improvements and they do their best to implement these improvements. I really can't fault the Firefish software, the support staff, or their Company ethos.

Cons
Cons? Hmmm this is a tough one because I'm not sure there are any. Possibly and maybe the only thing I could suggest would be the option to have a member of Firefish come to your business to help set up and implement the database so that all features are used to their fullest. With how busy our daily lives are here, and the fact that we had to set the system up as we used it because of the situation we were in at the time, 2 years on we are still learning about some features which had we known about in the beginning would save a lot of tedious work now! But I have no negative thoughts or comments about the system at all. It's a very intelligent piece of software that fits our needs perfectly.

James Cranston

Stress-free migration

Reviewed 2020-05-18

Our biggest issue was that we didn’t have a two-way communication tool with our candidates. With the FireFish Software, the issue is solved. The interactive candidate portal always candidates too take ownership of there profile, update availability and set up automatic job alerts. All of which are key features in helping us improve the candidate experience with Optima.

Pros
The migration process was stress free, something that I would never have dreamed of during our considering changing our CRM. A clear and detailed migration plan with realistic timescales was shared at the start of the migration. The FireFish team were in constant communication with updates through the migration. Despite some complications with the data provided by our former CRM provider, the product was delivered on time. The on boarding team provided clear a training programme which has help the team settle into the new system. The team are enjoying using the software, in particular the ease of navigation and simple workflows.

Cons
The only downside is not being able to customise some terminology for internal use but this is not a major issue.

Claire Buchan

Does what we need to a basic level, but, we have found a number of limitations which slow us down

Reviewed 2017-10-25

Pros
Great for posting jobs and general connectivity with other sites. Like the recruitment registration/webpage. Reasonable workflow process, but slower than that of other systems I have used in past.

Cons
Worried about GDPR compliance and technical support have not been able to help, no spell check on emails, no ability to save documents onto the system and edit them from there. Even with tweaking, emails from the system look different from our outlook mails. Some of the templates are quite poor and take quite a bit of tweaking.

Response from Firefish Software

We're really pleased at how much work we've put into the GDPR and compliance side of the product, with dedicated features now built into the system to ensure you're swimming to success!

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Carl Booth

Firefish is a fabulous recruitment CRM

Reviewed 2020-04-03

My overall experience, shared by my team at Swindale Parks, is nothing but positive.

Pros
Firefish has transformed the way me & my team do business. It is very easy to use and the team at Firefish are constantly issuing advise on how to get mnore out of the system, by way of Blogs and the like.

Cons
Nothing major to report here. Generally speaking over the 14 months we have used it, I would give it 9/10.

Ellena Tangi

Fantastic Support Team!

Reviewed 2019-07-30

My overall experience with Firefish is positive. The software is easy to use and they are continually updating and evolving the product. The fishtank is an innovative idea, and really reflects the ethos of Firefish as a whole - they care about their customer. Their support team is second to none and always make time to help when required (which can sometimes be a few times a day!).

Pros
Firefish has allowed the whole company (front and back office) to get involved with all aspects of the Recruitment Process. The system is easy to use and has brilliant functionality. One thing that particularly stands out to me about Firefish is the people behind it. I have been in contact with lots of the team and always receive a prompt, friendly and helpful response. They go above and beyond to ensure your query is solved and often follow up with improvements or further solutions. Thank you!

Cons
The Marketing side can sometimes be slightly limiting but they are always making improvements and often have a walk around for something we'd like to do.

Simon Wright

Firefish - You are everything we wanted and much more

Reviewed 2019-06-25

A CRM that works with and for us, what is there not to like. Since day one the staff have been friendly and helpful and not question is a burden.

Pros
The simple and honest answer is everything. When WDCS started looking for a CRM system we had lots of criteria and instantly thought about another product that we have used for multiple years, but when we visited the Firefish stand and the recruitment expo it all became a "no brainer"! In Firefish we found a system that catered for all our needs and actually thought for us and helped us increase candidate and client contact. The platform itself is very user friendly and very easy on the eye, it allows you to input KPI, Sales figures and actual billings and run reports. The part that impressed me the most was that we are able to allow candidates to access and update their own profile and make the decision themselves if they want to receive job updates, newsletters and are happy with WDCS Data compliance. I haven't even mentioned connecting it to the job boards and being able to run our own adverts from Firefish and post on to partnered sites. Definitely above all else the ease of use has to be the biggest thumbs up! If you are reading this and not using Firefish then you are definitely missing out!

Cons
So far nothing that I don't like about it, far superior to other systems that I've used in the past

Tim Betts

Great service, great product

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Just overall it has been a great experience from first phone call (the pitch)4 years ago to integrating it with a new website last month. Great service, good product and great value.

Pros
It's easy to use, easy to change to your exact needs, we bought in to the database as it's set up with just recruiters in mind and you get a first class service, you can actually pick the phone and get an answer within 5secs rather than 'raising a ticket' which takes 48hrs for an email response.

Cons
Honestly, nothing, it is very much the 'ronsil' of recruitment software, it just does exactly as you need it to do.

Miles Zerny

Positive SIgns

Reviewed 2020-01-31

The experience so far has been a very positive one. Everyone i have spoken to has been helpful, the training has been good and it has been an efficient process for me from sign up, through traning and now whilst using it.

Pros
It is developed by recruiters, who therefore think like recruiters. The result of this is that it makes sense to a lot of recruiters. It works how you want it to work and how you think is the logical way a recruitment CRM system should work.

Cons
I have only been using it a few weeks so there are still lots it does that I have not utilised yet, however at this stage i dont have any negatives.

Katie Haggerty

So intuitive!

Reviewed 2019-08-08

The team over t Firefish are also extremely helpful and friendly - 10 out of 10.

Pros
Having worked in the industry for nearly 20 years I have used many different CRM systems - Firefish is by far the best - it is really intuitive and providing you have entered good quality data (which is so easy to do!) it basically does your job for you leaving you feeling confident that you haven't 'missed out' on anyone.

Cons
There is nothing so far that I have found to be a probem

Daniel Power

Forward thinking CRM

Reviewed 2019-06-21

As the title goes they are a forward thinking crm. They are always looking to make the platform better and more efficient every day. They release weekly development updates and really listen to their client on how they can make their platform better. Their customer service is fantastic will short lead times and always actively trying to find a solution.

Pros
They have nailed candidate candidate engagement within their platform. You are able to keep easily engaging with our candidates through social channels, email and click to call. The platform is easy to use and shows users a clear path To enable them to match candidates to clients and jobs quickly.

Cons
The clouds software can be limiting at times with trying to save documents on the fly and also the ability to navigate through multiple screens in one session.

Clare McDonnell

Invaluable piece of software

Reviewed 2017-10-30

Pros
Gosh, where do I start? This has been an absolute steel for us as a system as there are so many features that I love. This wont be in any particular order but here goes: You can upload jobs very easily and post links to your preferred social media sites. It's very user friendly and allows you to track candidates from sending out candidate CV all the way through to placing and on-boarding. I use it daily and I am able to create bespoke emails (interview invitations; client contact emails; Christmas/New Year emails etc) I use the bulk email shots for new roles and to touch base with candidates There is a talent pooling function (we don't currently have this but are in the process of upgrading) as well as saved searches which allows you to put people into different 'functions' ie, Finance, Restaurant, Operations, Housekeeping etc. It facilitates sales generated figures It has great analytical tools which give an overview on how well vacancies perform etc It also allows you to keep in touch with all of your candidates including the 'dormant' candidates without having to constantly pick up the phone. All in all it has allowed us to grow our business and

Response from Firefish Software

Clare, thank you so much for this finomenal review!

David Hill

Firefish

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Pros
It was easy to understand, logical to follow and allowed us to tailor it to our own industry. I was responsible for helping to choose FF and the process was made very simple, with FF providing excellent support. FF allows you to create a system aligned to the sector /sectors you are working in, using your own industry language, rather than generic terminology. It links to our website and through to social media and job boards, all aspects that save time and repetition. They run weekly Webinars that cover a wide range of topics which are very helpful for the small business. They were always ahead of the game when it came to GDPR, seeing it as an opportunity rather than a problem. The support team are also very good and friendly, which makes it easier to contact them as you don't feel judged. Finally, they are constantly developing the system, often based on the comments from the users.

Cons
I am sure there are issues, but to date I have't found them.

Claire Phillips

What a great system!

Reviewed 2019-06-27

Firefish has made our working day so much more productive and I certainly don't know how we would have coped with GDPR without it.

Pros
We have been using Firefish for quite a few years now having moved over from Bullhorn. What a difference. At Bullhorn (being a small agency) we were just a number and rarely got actually speak to anyone when we had a problem. The team at FF have been nothing but helpful and supportive (especially when I ask stupid questions) and have worked really hard to ensure everything works smoothly. The system itself is very easy to learn, I would say intuitive and that is such a benefit when you are training new staff. I find the reporting particularly useful e.g. pulling together stats for clients and also being able to change and update our website at the click of a button is fantastic.

Cons
What is there not to like? If I was being super picky I think the only thing I would like more of is the chance to customise attachments on jobs e.g. if a client has their own privacy policy which needs to go out to candidates on submission but really I am just looking for problems. It is great.

Natalie Bird

Excellent Product

Reviewed 2019-06-25

From initial contact to where I am now the process has been faultless. The team were excellent in the early days (onboarding), and their ongoing support via Live Chat/ Blogs & Webinars is incredibly useful. The system is easy to use and integrates well with the other systems (job boards, email etc).

Pros
The functionality is excellent, its easy to use and integrates well with other systems (Email, Job Boards etc).

Cons
The software does have elements that I don't use in my business, but that's not really a criticism of the software more my inability to use all the functionality properly.

Andrew Jamieson

Superb System!

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Firefish are very customer focussed. They listen to what we need and they take on board suggestions. It is a system designed by recruiters, so they understand the challenges we face on a daily basis and this shows in this functionality. I have recommended this system to other contacts in the industry who are equally happy with it. In fact, thinking back to when we set up, Firefish was a recommendation from another recruitment firm we know. I think this is the highest form of praise.

Pros
It is extremely easy to navigate and we have found with minimal training, staff have picked up the system easily. It allows us to track our activity, set targets and even suggests candidates for jobs... it makes recruitment a much more simple process!

Cons
The system is constantly improving and we have had a couple of our suggestions implemented. Initially we struggled on the temp side as it didn't allow us to input an hourly rate, only a day rate. We suggested the improvement and within a short period of time they had updated the system to include an hourly option.

Gillian Kerr

Great software and a great team

Reviewed 2020-02-19

From the beginning of the process, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredibly easy to work with in terms of the data migration and testing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was also great with any snagging and helping to build a monitoring tool which we need for Northern Irish fair employment laws. The candidate experience has been great using the online portal and it has improved efficiency in terms of moving candidates through all the workflows as well as streamlining our GDPR process. The support team are also great and always available to help.

Pros
It's incredibly user-friendly and works extremely well for a small to medium-sized recruitment firm as the support is always available and they get to know you well. With our previous provider we felt like a small fish (no pun intended) who they didn't really care about. The GDPR offering is great and takes the hassle out of things. Having applications appear on your dashboard is great and the dashbard also makes it really easy to manage your candidates through the recruitment process.

Cons
Not being able to come out of draft emails to check another record before sending and not having visibility over when jobs are due to expire on external job boards.

Melanie Moore

Easy to navigate and adapting to needs

Reviewed 2019-06-26

The customer service is excellent, the product easy to use and the price very reasonable

Pros
It is easy to use and train others to use. I particularly like that the software is adapting to needs of the customer

Cons
There are still small issues I have with it but these are being looked into and in development

Lucy Challenger

Excellent customer service, brilliant, user-friendly software

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Pros
It's interface and ability to navigate. 99% of it works and makes sense. There are a few areas of improvement, but they are always open to feedback and taking onboard new ways to improve their software. I've used other recruitment software in the past which has been very clunky and not easy to use, their functionality and ways to give us the ability to manage the system is very advanced. My team enjoy using it and it allows us to increase our workflow and conversions.

Cons
A recent update of the system was one that we felt wasn't needed. It does however look nicer, but some of the ease of use was reduced. However for new users I'm sure they wouldn't notice it, and my team are getting used to the update. Despite this, I still very much recommend this system.

Response from Firefish Software

Thanks for the great feedback Lucy, we're glad you're enjoying the system and finding it better than the rest! I'll pass your feedback onto the team.

Sam Thorpe

Amazing Support Team, Great product

Reviewed 2019-06-26

I have an excellent experience with Firefish. Their support team is excellent, they provide all members of my team with assistance when required and always go the extra mile to ensure we have everything we need and are comfortable with all aspects of their product. It's an intuitive and simple system to use and there's always quick turnaround of any issues being resolved. I highly recommend Firefish!

Pros
The support team for Firefish is one of the best I have come across. They're always happy to help, super friendly and always quick at coming back to you with an answer if not a solution. I can't recommend the team enough.

Cons
Generally I think that this software is very intuitive and works really well, the only aspect that really needs improving is the software capabilities on the temporary side of recruitment and the functionality available. Saying this, Firefish actively works to improve on / implement their most requested features and it is steadily improving.

Claire Yardley

Firefish software

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Fab - its the best system we've had.

Pros
What I really like is the fact that Firefish are so proactive at keeping you up to dates with any updates and give lots of guidance on how to improve the whole experience, they give daily videocasts on advice and constantly bringing out industry ideas. I love the frequent contact which is unusual for the recruitment industry which is usually so cloak and dagger.

Cons
Very minor things - like we have the SMS package with firefish, I wish there was a more glaring notification when responses came through.

Lou Shapland

Integral to our business

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
The way in which it pulls all communication from Outlook, Job Boards and our website into one central base. We can easily pick up on communications between colleagues and candidates. Firefish prompts us to keep the engagement with our candidates relevant and current. It captures data and allows us to pull of reports. There are areas for candidate data, job advertising, interviews and offers, full-time or part-time it covers all bases. The support is second to none, immediate and spot-on Continuous support on topics such as GDPR, Webinars on everything you could think of to help your recruitment business

Cons
There isn't anything I don't like - if you have a suggestion the company has a customer ideas page and they do take the feedback on board and change things if required.

Richard Merkl

The Best recruitment software I have used

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Pros
Very Easy to set up, helps to speed up the search of candidates and therefore placements. I can access it from anywhere and even on my phone if needed. Compliance is taken care of and all the email templates reduce time too.

Cons
Some drop downs are global so can't be changed. I use LinkedIn a lot so record this activity in Firefish but have to use "general update" and they only make updates on a Thursday, I understand why but I just like things to be done immediately.

Paul Hunt

Very happy, great product, even better service

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Very supportive. When we first moved across to Firefish, over 2 years ago, Rep and the team ensured a smooth transition from a rather old and clunky ATS to Firefish. The project was well managed, quick and successful. I have recommended Firefish to a number of organisations over the last 2 years and will continue to do so.

Pros
Functionality is great. Easy to use Makes tracking the progress within the recruitment cycle easy Support is first class! Even on something minor. its dealt with professionally and efficiently

Cons
I am hard pushed to make a comment here. There is nothing I can think of to improve the software however the team at Firefish do the thinking and come up with improvements that actually benefit the user

Adam Curtis

Firefish review

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Exceptionally good service. Always there to help and never a problem to look at problems for you. Easy system to use with good training provided. The system does everything I would want from a recruitment system except the one thing mentioned.

Pros
General ease of use is very good. Helps speed up the recruitment processes by doing a lot of the hard work for you. It is a smart and modern system which is consistently improving as they are always developing it further.

Cons
The only one thing it doesn't do which previous systems have for us is allow us to search our individual jobs by distance from a postcode. We do volume recruitment so this would be very handy when searching multiple jobs for candidates