Google Hire Reviews

Google Hire

Recruiting & applicant tracking synced with G Suite

4.25/5 (141 reviews)

Pros
  • Google is a pro, features, ease of use, accessible, looks good. Google knows what they are doing when it comes to making a nice, simple, and easy to use software.Christopher H.Read the full review
  • I like how easy it is to pull up the information about each candidate and figure out which one might be the best fit for the job.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I loved what I could see of this software via demo and online search. Seemed like a rich platform that would really help streamline hiring.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • I think it shuld provide more details about each and every profile because anyone can make fake profile here by creating fake e-mail.Sahil J.Read the full review
  • And now they are trying to own the right to make people use them for one more thing. I just get sort of uncomfortable at the knowing that they can and will store all of my info.Leigh L.Read the full review
  • At the time I demo'd (twice 2016 and 2018) Product and features were no where near being completely built. Compared to other ATS' i've used they have very limited functionality.Jon D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Daniel Lee Moratto

A great tool at a small cost.

Reviewed 2019-06-18

Pros
If you have a small or medium business and you are dedicating your life to make it grow, Google Hire is the indicated tool to give more formality and order to your business. This new functionality of the Google G Suite has only 22 months on the market and it has been a miracle. It complies with all the functions that a tracking and personnel recruitment software has. It allows you to take in detail every aspect of your employees' work life. On the other hand, G.Hire integrates the functions of Gmail and Google Calendar which allows you to streamline administrative processes so that your HR team can evaluate the best candidates.

Cons
Google stood out with this new tool. amazing!

Rob Case

Great for price conscious, lean teams

Reviewed 2019-08-13

Overall excellent experience and great value.

Pros
-Lightweight, easy to use. -The best coordination features i've come across on any ATS hands down. -Fairly priced.

Cons
Most of our roles are highly technical and normally draw in 100's but not thousands of applicants. Hire is amazing in these scenarios, the application workflow breaks down a bit when we get to roles that draw in 15,000 applicants.

Tenzin Kalden

Ads do not get any traction and pulls no candidates to the portal.

Reviewed 2018-07-18

Being able to track progress of applicants in the hiring pipeline.

Pros
The features to track progress of each candidate is good. Ability to create your own custom stages of hiring process is also very good so other team members can see where each candidate is and what phase of hiring process they are on.

Cons
- Can only be used on Crome browser. And i dislike Crome. - Ads on Hire does not get any traction. It advertises that it posts the jobs on different like Glassdoor and Indeed but ads placed directly on Indeed gets almost 800% more traction. I talked with tech support and they told me that if ads are placed on both Hire and Indeed, the ads on Indeed will supersede the ads on Hire. I told them that ads on Hire was published 2 weeks prior to me placing ads on Indeed and the ads were not duplicate. The reason why i placed the ads directly on Indeed was because i only received 3 applicants in 2 weeks. The ads i placed 2 weeks later had approximately 83 applicants within 3 days. When i informed the tech support regarding this, they brushed me off and continued saying the ads were duplicates and if posted around the same time, Indeed ads will supersede the ads on Hire. They later went on saying that my ads in Indeed must be sponsored and i informed them that no they weren't. After few days they got back me after doing their "Investigation" and they said pull all ads from Indeed and see if i get any traction on Hire. I told them that that's what we did for the 1st two weeks and i cannot afford to not have any applicants and they said well you might want to contact Indeed directly and ask them about this situation. Wow!!!!! I will not be recommending Hire to anyone! The product does have potential but it is new and it is not without problems.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Scott Entwistle

Great software if you use Gmail

Reviewed 2017-10-10

We benefited from Google Hire as it became the book of truth for all of our candidates. An ATS is necessary, and yet we found ourselves struggling and disliking a lot of the alternatives out there. Google Hire is well designed, well integrated into Google products which we use, and for the most part gets the job done of helping us sort/contact/and find candidates.

Pros
I like the design and ease of use. For the most part, things just work and the software is a pleasure to use. There are some issues with bugs here and there, but generally speaking it's a good lite ATS that looks good and works really well. I would also say that the thing I like the most is their customer service. You can immediately chat with a Google Hire support person, and they're all phenomenal. If they can't resolve my issue, they send it to engineers and get me a solution. The price is also a huge benefit. 100/mo and we have a few users onboard. The fact that they price by org at such a low rate vs charging by seat is awesome. The software itself works as you would generally expect a Google product to. It's good looking, easy to implement, and gives you some good options.

Cons
It definitely has some bugs, and what I like least is just that it doesn't have enough features. I really love the software, but there are little things here and there I wish I could change. There are no customizable fields, which seems silly given that every company will likely want to use it a little bit differently. I also dislike that it is set up only for internal HR teams, but that's not their fault. That is their main target, and we signed up as a recruiting firm just because we love Google products and already use a bunch. Unfortunately there are some annoying difficulties as a result, but for the most part we work around it just fine. Lastly, the only other con I can think of is that you have no idea what feature is coming down the pipeline at any given moment. If there are things happening, they seem to be slow. We have requested I would say a handful of features, and they always put you on an email list to be notified when it's completed. In the last few months, we haven't been notified of anything being implemented and as far as I can tell nothing in the software really has changed. I suppose it isn't as buggy as it was initially so that's a good thing. To be fair, who knows! They might just do huge releases every six months or something, then working on fixing all bugs until next release.

Hiring made easy!

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-12-07

It was a great tool while it lasted. Not too many issues. A good experience.

Pros
Hire takes the clutter out of a hiring process and makes it easy. Makes scheduling interviews very easy, including being able to know the availability of all interviewers on the panel. Scheduling interviews is very convenient with visibility to all interviewers on the panel. You can also select the time and room for the interview, convenient to everyone. It easy to use, and provides feedback and reminders to the hiring committee. great integration with other google apps. Every feedback, comments and interaction with a candidate is stored and made accessible in one place, and everyone in the hiring team has access to it.

Cons
Improvement of some features is needed. It’s ending on 9/1/20. More privacy is needed when sharing feedback to avoid biases.

Great for hiring

Reviewed 2019-07-16

I've had a good experience with Hire so far. I enjoy its features and you can easily move a client on

Pros
Great for scheduling. there are reminders and you can provide feedback and have all the documentation in one place. Its been great and efficient for the team. I know exactly when my interview is and I can view candidate's file to see all the comments and progress.

Cons
Sometimes the time gets messed up and it shows Eastern time instead of pacific time.

Jerred Hebert

Hire Google

Reviewed 2019-12-05

We've made lots of hires and this ATS has helped our recruiting process extensively.

Pros
Hire has been a great tool but is going away. We use GSuite and this integrates well into G Suite with no issues at all. Has been a great tool.

Cons
The product is going away, not sure why. Integrates well, and wish they posted to more external free boards, but does get you some exposure.

Ndidi Okafor

Good ATS for smaller companies

Reviewed 2019-07-23

Pros
It is easy to post jobs, track candidates hiring process, leave feedback and have appropriate parties (hiring managers, coordinators) view candidate information.

Cons
We are a growing company and have increased the number of jobs/applicants. With this growth, I've noticed more glitches from GHire.

Jason Brye

Hire is great for HR Departments and more!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
I love that Google has diversified their portfolio and added a program for employers. This is a hands on, intuitive program which helps with hiring practices, hire forms and training.

Cons
Google should market this product more so that there will be more of a rapport and buzz so that consumers should feel more confident using it and discussing it to peers and colleagues.

Jon Dauch

Google Hire Review

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-18

I believe in the future Google Hire will be competitive in the ATS space but for now they have work to do in order to compete with the other applicant tracking systems.

Pros
The biggest pro was its obvious integration with the google suite. Being able to pull in your gmail and calendar were extremely helpful

Emily Blanchard

Everything you Need w/out Everything you Don't NeedHIRE - g-hire

Reviewed 2019-07-16

I love it. I have been using multiple ATSs for many years and HIRE, while not the most feature-filled and fancy does the job. I've installed as the ATS of choice at a couple of companies now and have no complaints. Cheap and cheerful, logical, functional and serviceable!

Pros
Easy to add candidates. Search is amazing. Easy to add and edit Jobs and post them to multiple sites including your own. Scheduling is amazing because of everything in g-hire links to your g-suite. You can schedule everyone all at once and grab and drop every interviewer to a spot when they are available. This goes for 1 person to as many as needed for an interview. Feedback is streamlined as well. Custom links for each role are sent directly to the team and the experience is not annoying for them, riddled with reminders, like most software. Setting timed alerts for any day in the future is great. The section for private notes is handy and visible to admins only in the candidate's profile. The use of @mentiones for sending comments to team members is a great way to circumvent sending a chat message or email. The cost can't be beat! There is little to no need to contact support as the design is intuitive and easy on the eyes. I belive if you need tons of help pages something is wrong with the product not the user.

Cons
Team members see interview feedback immediately after adding theirs. This is fine if you are the first interviewer. If you are not the first interviewer and want to keep your mind unbiased you either have to remember not to look and/or have the recruiter remind you.

Lonnie McRorey

Next Generation of HIRING technology is here! Best HR product ROI in the market today

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
Hiring speed, accuracy, and gauge of cultural fit within a unified enterprise platform vastly reducing hiring cost, human error and time to hireI've helped design and build Applicant Tracking Systems, Social Recruiting Modules and many other aspects of talent acquisition over the past 20 years. This AI tool that connects with G-SUITE apps which closes the gap between the hiring manager and on-target candidates. When applied to our Software Engineering company called Framework Science www.fwscience.com, it enabled us to hire 20 Sr Level Software Engineers in under 3 weeks with 0 candidate pipeline. The email templates and easy to use scheduling kept our hiring managers and potential candidates connected giving us more quality time with the candidate to gauge cultural fit. I highly recommend this technology if you are using Google apps like gmail and office apps with internal staff. The power of unified platform vastly reduces risks, task redundancies and eliminates candidates falling through the cracks. Minimum input with Maximum output

Cons
Linkedin candidate profile search accuracy needs improvement - and Job posting template needs custom banner space to better showcase company brand.

Kate Savvina

Great Software!

Reviewed 2019-08-09

Overall, it's a great experience with Hire!

Pros
Hire is easy to use and helps a lot with our hiring process. Its features and functionalities are all relevant and have great integration with other Google apps (calendar, email). Scheduling interviews is very convenient with visibility to all interviewers availability and you can easily select available times and rooms. All comments, feedback, interview schedules and interaction with a candidate all accessible in one place really makes it completely organized. It's a great tool to have!

Cons
I think there are still features that could be improved but you have product updates from time to time so it's nice to learn about all those new features.

Andrew Jimeno

Better than any of the other ATS we've used or researched. Also impressed constant updates!

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Pros
It does what we want it to do, with very little fuss. Our teams that rarely used an ATS in the past, are in this thing a lot thru the process and compliment it often (these are designers and UX people and other marketing folks who know a good user experience when they interact with one).

Cons
It's early on, and not everything is exactly the way we'd like it. For example, it would be nice to be able to share notes more privately and have more options for who sees your notes, but that's already seen an improvement recently to hide notes from anyone other than admins and hiring managers - we primarily use that function for private candidate info like salaries. Would also be nice to be able to edit notes rather than having to add a new note and then delete an old note if the information is inaccurate or outdated. Searching and exploring candidates is getting easier, and we trust that'll be a strength of the platform, but it didn't exist at first and didn't work well when initially introduced as a beta.

Best ATS ever!

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Pros
What I love about this software is that it is created by Google. Just like other tools created by google, it is easy to use and integrate it with other google products. This is the best thing about google, they will always give you the ease of using Google products with other Google products. It's amazing that Google was able to create an amazing ATS like this. It gives you an easy access to your candidate's database. You can easily add ew candidates and go back to your pipelines. In few click, your can select a template to send out emails to candidates, and schedule interviews.

Cons
I don't have that much of a complain on this software. As usual, Google nailed it! If there is a feedback that I can give, that's a little of adding features but that's manageable.

Elaine Wherry

Seamless integration, easy collaboration across teams

Reviewed 2018-07-04

Easy feedback collection, mobile offerings, GSuite integration, and seamless integration from our previous platform. Even with the still-developing features, it's ideal for organizations that are hiring more than 5 roles each month.

Pros
The integration from our previous platform was absolutely seamless. The candidate scoring is efficient and easy -- we're evaluating candidates faster than ever. Google's ability to search resumes helps us look for potential passive candidates. Finally, love that this integrates well with GSuite.

Cons
There are some features that would make this stronger -- such as configuring the 1-5 scale to accept non-whole numbers (1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2, 2.25, etc). It is also difficult for managers to quickly thumbs up/down resumes. We are still manually calculating how many resumes have gone through each stage for our weekly report. Ideally we'd be able to track the metrics for each stage (100 resumes received, 8 phone screens, 4 interviews, 2 simulations, 1 offer, etc).

Anonymous

So good while it lasted!

Reviewed 2019-08-31

Pros
The easy to use framework to keep documents organized (resume, cover letter, project submissions, etc.), and I really liked the feedback reminders. After phone screens, interviews, project receipts, etc., an amazing little reminder would be sent to the hiring committee to leave feedback. Kept everyone engaged in the process and recorded everything- it was awesome.

Cons
We were just notified by Google that they are sunsetting Hire on 9/1/2020! They are allowing us to extend our subscription until 9/1/20 at no extra cost, but still! No! Where will we find a comparable ATS?!

Hire Review

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Pros
1) The perfect integration with G-Suite. The rest of our company runs on G-Suite and Hire fits right in with calendar and email syncing capabilities. 2) The awesome product support team. From webinars when you are first starting out to get you up to speed to their support team if you have any questions, everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful! 3) The ease of use of Hire and the constant improvements to Hire.

Cons
1) It is not as robust as some other applicant tracking systems. 2) We have to pay for all "users" in our G-Suite, even if they are not actual employees, but an account we created to manage vendors that we use. I wish you could tell Hire which of our users are real humans and make it so we only have to pay for those accounts.

Jonathan Hurst

I was able to use the software right away, and it was a relief rather than a learning curve.

Reviewed 2018-07-06

Immediately took my hiring from being unwieldy and almost unmanageable, to being reasonable and something I can keep track of.

Pros
The accessibility. I am familiar with Google apps, and had previously been tracking applications with a Google Spreadsheet and folders and Google docs. The Hire app makes it much easier to coordinate everything, and have all processes related to a particular candidate in one place.

Cons
I want to be able to take extensive notes during my conversations and interviews with the candidates, and have those notes be in the file. I cannot see a way to connect a Google Doc to the Hire app. Also, I would like to have other files (such as a video) connected to the candidate's profile. I imagine these features are either there and I have not found them, or will be there soon, as new features are gradually added.

Kristin Nelson

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Overall it has helped us fill a lot of positions and been useful.

Pros
It is very user friendly. It didn't take much for me or any of the hiring managers to learn how to navigate through it. I also like that you don't have to leave Hire to call/ e-mail a candidate or schedule an interview. It is basically a really helpful one stop shop.

Cons
It does not seem to get us the same amount of candidates we used to get when posting directly to Indeed. I also don't like that you have to tag someone's name every time you write a comment instead of just pressing a reply button.

Anonymous

Google Hire is an excellent ATS to help me and my team keep on top of open positions and candidates.

Reviewed 2017-11-07

Pros
I absolutely love the ease of use. It completely makes sense how they built it and is such a nice experience for the user. Nothing about it is really complicated and it lives up to the high Google standards. Whether it's an open role, a new candidate or an existing candidate, email templates or other automated features - everything is easily accessible and beautiful to manage. It makes our daily work easier and everything is completely organized. Plus the automated features such as email templates to reject a candidate or scheduling an interview with a few clicks are incredible. We've tried other ATS's and this is a winner!

Cons
Unfortunately the feature where Google Hire posts out open positions to job boards has been limited as they no longer are able to automatically post it out on Indeed for recruiting firms. This is mostly to be blamed on Indeed, but it's still limiting our usage of this software. This feature would have helped us a lot, now we can no longer receive applicants from Indeed unless we pay Indeed directly.

Ed Sesay

Reviewed 2019-03-15

We had issues with the reporting function of the ATS, and they have since fixed most of the issues. Overall I would put my experience at "Neutral", some good perks and others aren't so great. Seeing that Google is the #1 search engine in the world, I'm interested to see how the ATS is able to take the next step in progressing as a product.

Pros
It's fairly easy to navigate. I also like the rating system, typically the ATS' I've used in the past have not incorporated feedback in the way Google Hire does. Over time, the reporting feature has improved tremendously. It allows you to categorically sort metrics in ways that give you fast and easy results. Lastly, the different stages in the interview process for candidates makes it very easy to summarize the pipeline for a specific role.

Cons
Although the navigation is easy, I do believe that they could make the UI more interactive. I understand that this ATS is new and it's working through a lot of bugs, but it has regular issues when it comes to the timeline and "Updates" section. The boolean searches of qualified candidates needs a complete overhaul. Typically, Recruiters would like to use their ATS to perform boolean searches and not rely solely on other platforms.

Marian Fraley

Google Hire exceeded our expectations. This is an easily customizable ATS that meets all our needs!

Reviewed 2018-07-30

Pros
One of my favorite features about this software is the ability to customize application questions for each job posting. Some questions are deliverables to choose from, but we can easily create our own questions to include Yes/No, Multiple Choice, or free form type of answers. Another favorite is the simplicity of setting up job descriptions and publishing the job postings, as well as the ease of reviewing candidates and using easily customizable email templates. And the best part of all is being able schedule interviews with hiring managers directly into their google calendars. User friendly for Hiring Managers who find it easy to review candidates and submit interview feedback.

Cons
Although Google Hire applications include a field that automatically fills with each candidate's LinkedIn (or GitHub, Dribbble, etc) URL, it often does not actually match the candidate correctly.

Kelsi Brown

Google Hire is great for streamlining our interview process!

Reviewed 2018-01-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Best tool we've found to date to meet our needs for an ATS!

Pros
-Easily integrates with company email, calendars, and helps to streamline communication. -Helps getting feedback from hiring managers and interviews much easier! -Great for tracking progress on candidates.

Cons
Wish there was a way to set permissions within the comments section to change who has access to see them so that we can add in more sensitive info (salary, etc.) that not all people associated with the opening (interviewers, etc.) had access to see, but that the need-to-know folks could have access to.

Henry Matt

Overall Performance

Reviewed 2018-04-14

Can parse out good and bad candidates

Pros
I am new to the Hire, and Hre was simple and easy to use...at an affordable price. We have received a substantial number of applicants from our Hire postings and will continue to post jobs on this site.

Cons
Interface of viewing candidates