Greenhouse Reviews - Page 4

One of the 3 best ATS on the market

Pros

- Great collaborative features, which help to facilitate working with hiring managers, - GDPR management is well implemented, - Analytics are easy to follow up, - Candidate pipeline is easy to use.

Cons

- Website integration requires some external development work if you want a truly personalized experience on your career site.

My experience has been excellent - both product and service/support

Flexibility, ease of use, best practices in assessment and hiring team collaboration, and excellent service and support.

Pros

Greenhouse is both intuitive and adaptable. It promotes best practices (e.g. structured interview process and scorecard model) and facilitates easy collaboration with hiring managers (e.g. @ mention feature). On top of that, the staff provide excellent service (e.g. online chat support, and our extremely responsive Account Manager, Ben) and the product is constantly improving.

Cons

Would appreciate a new job template to capture enterprise-wide best practices (e.g. competency-based hiring models) and a provision for printable interview guides based on the scorecard. That said, the Support team constantly solicits feedback and releases quarterly upgrades - these features may be included by the time you're reading this!

Greenhouse - You're One-Stop Shop for ATS

Pros

What I like most about Greenhouse is the simplicity when it comes to managing the entire candidate life cycle from start to finish. They've continued to make improvements in their UI and making it a customer friendly application.

Cons

One thing I've been adamant about over the past year or two is having them revamp their search feature. Being able to search by keywords or past interviews/scorecards is time consuming. Having a built out boolean custom feature would be an amazing addition to an already great ATS.

The perfect tool to hire your next employee

Greenhouse is a great tool to use for job postings and interviews. It connects with Outlook, which makes life 10x easier. However, unless you’re willing to invest in a product that will help in the long term, the sticker price might shock you.

Pros

Greenhouse is the ultimate tool for posting job openings and going through the interview process. It allows you to schedule interviews, make notes on the candidates, and even post openings on social media. The integration with Outlook is also a big plus that way you don’t have to look at two different programs when scheduling an interview.

Cons

The only real con is the price. As a small business, it’s hard to justify spending a lot on hiring software when you could easily just write things down in a Word document. However, if you consider how much time it will save you in the long run, it’s totally worth it.

Fantastic Exp. Easy to use, easy to deploy, and easy to administer.

easy to launch and use.

Pros

Has the architecture I need to roll out a structured and scalable worldwide hire & selection process. Easy to set up backend APIs to connect to the other applications I use today. Priced competitively. Great post-sales customer experience team. Great online training support for new users.

Cons

I'd love to see "free" on-boarding of new EEs and ongoing training. A certification process for recruiters. A few more customizable bells and whistles. A more robust mobile app.

Great Product

Pros

Very cool, modern software for startups and mid growth companies. Automations are awesome, make your life way easier! Overall provides a seamless candidate experience.

Cons

Nothing to note, maybe just keep improving the UI and UX, the main users are the recruiters/HR so they should always be in mind!

Greenhouse

I implemented Greenhouse when I came onboard to a company of about 19 people. Since then, we have hired about 30 people (over 14 months). It has been really helpful to me since we don't have any other recruiting resources (schedulers, sourcing, etc.) There are a lot of other software providers that integrate with Greenhouse as well (Zenefits, background check companies and onboarding providers). We actually use Greenhouse Onboarding as well since we don't have an HR Resource yet.

Pros

Easy to navigate, immediately posts to many job boards, allows hiring managers to go in and review candidates pretty quickly. Also, the UI is pretty straight forward which allows there to be a pretty simple workflow. Another thing about Greenhouse is the scorecard feature - its never easy to get everyone's feedback from an interview so the scorecard allows you to customize the evaluation form for each position.

Cons

My only con about Greenhouse is the scheduling aspect - you have to schedule each interview separately instead of just making one big schedule.

Fantastic Recruiting Tool For Both Recruiters and Employees

Fantastic! I would highly recommend this system for recruiters! Everything from the Calend.ly integration, to the automated rules you can apply to the applicant process, to the job posting links that automatically name you as a referred (very useful for referral incentives!) and the ability to see where your referrals are in the interview process!

Pros

I love the ability to customize messages, integrate Calend.ly to set up interviews in one easy click, the ability to assign permissions for certain positions to those on the hiring team for a specific job posting, and probably my favorite is the built-in referral tracking for employee use! I have my LinkedIn integrated with Greenhouse so that every day at noon, it automatically posts an open position on my LinkedIn profile, rotating through the open positions. If someone applies through my link, they're automatically listed as my referral as well!

Cons

Sometimes you can have too much customization, which isn't really a con unless you don't have time to go through and set it up properly. Especially when it's customizable among various users. However, I won't say that's a con, but more just something to be aware of.

A phenomenal application to track and explore talent.

Pros

Being highly customizable, this software is perfect while you organize a recruitment operation. Employee Dashboard, analytics, Job Setup etc. has helped to make my job easier. It improves interaction at every touch point and builds a unique hiring plan for different roles. Especially the referral process features like posting and tracking on social media are my favorites. They provide workflows along...

Cons

Even though there are a variety of reports readily available, I still should create my own in excel by exporting data from outside the application. The absence of a mail merge feature. The search capabilities require improvement. A feature to compare and analyze different candidates would be helpful.

Proof in the Metrics!

Greenhouse has enabled us to improve our recruiting experiences for staff and candidates, resulted in increased overall satisfaction with our hiring processes and employer brand, and increased productivity through more jobs filled, in less time, with greater retention.

Pros

Ease of use Scorecards Reports Available integrations

Cons

Price? We're a nonprofit, so cost is always a big factor and this is one of the largest system expenses we have in people operations, but absolutely worth it (which is why we are renewing for another three years).

Best ATS I've Used by Far

Overall Greenhouse is by far the best ATS I've used. There are some functionalities that are not as customizable or intuitive as I'd like, but I think in time they will improve in these small areas and Greenhouse will be pretty darn perfect.

Pros

- Beautiful interface - Mostly has all the features a recruiting team could want - Best I've used by far

Cons

- Certain elements should be more customizable (ie why can't I change the scorecard rating system to be out of 10, or add more customization to the overall recommendation piece - also why can't we allow hiring managers to move a candidates stage without giving them the option to email a candidate?) - Some features really aren't intuitivie

Great

Every rep I have interacted with at the company has been fantastic, and I have greatly enjoyed my experience working with Greenhouse.

Pros

The customization of the platform is great. With a bit of creativity you can create workflows that work for your team that go beyond the current use cases that Greenhouse provides.

Cons

The mobile application could be improved, especially with the ability to review applications without having to download a resume in a separate field before making a decision.

Greenhouse is a great applicant tracking tool!

Pros

Greenhouse has great features for applicant tracking: customizable job posting questions different levels of interactions for the hiring team multiple interview stages robust search engine that allows you to keyword search through resumes

Cons

I would love it if the key word search also searched through application questions that are set up by the hiring team. In certain cases we'd be looking for someone in a certain area, but couldn't filter by that question.

Greenhouse works for HRBPs

Pros

As an HR Business Partner I'm the party that sets up reqs, scorecards, etc. Greenhouse templates make this exceptionally easy. It's also easy to find what you're looking for, or who you're looking for, in the tool. Plus, the slick UI is nice to look at.

Cons

It's an investment and would likely be a financial burden to smaller companies. Also, the freedom and flexibility of the tool can cause reporting and compliance headaches down the road. It's almost nimble to a fault.

Greenhouse Review from an Eng Recruiting Manager

My overall experience with Greenhouse is it has greatly increased my recruiting efficiency, allows me to pull reports and use recruiting data to help properly forumulate hiring goals and time.

Pros

The ability to pull reports and share in an easily viewable mode with hiring managers and executives is excellent. Also, it makes candidate maangement incrediblly simple and automated.

Cons

The one con of Greenhouse is the ability to search for jobs when they are multiple jobs of similiar names.

Straight forward, user friendly system! Team has picked up the tool easily.

The ability to have our entire recruiting process in one place. Helps with hiring decisions that are consistent, as well as helped us implement diversity/inclusion measures. The team is now able to follow processes within one system.

Pros

Easy to use, understand and navigate. Nice design. Bulk actions. Reports (looking forward to customizable reports!!). Boolean search doable. Easy to tag candidates or write notes that are searchable.

Cons

Dashboard "My Applications" should be different per user - so for Hiring Managers just showing Hiring Manager Review, and for Recruiters showing stages they own. You cannot re-reject candidates if rejected without email the first time and need to now send email. Recruiters do not have access to view all candidates, but only candidates associated to their jobs. You cannot do phone screens on prospects unless you convert them to a candidate - not helpful if you need to do a phone screen (and want to save notes in their profile) to determine if you should change them to an active candidate. No split screen when viewing interview kit - easier to conduct interview if you can see resume and scorecard questions side by side.

Greenhouse Review

It's been great! The one time I noticed a bug, the support team was extremely helpful and it was resolved within an hour of me noticing. They even sent me an email to let me know once it was resolved. Otherwise, it is super streamlined and easy to understand- I think anyone could come in and understand how to use it without in depth training.

Pros

Ease of use, very intuitive. You can also run reports to analyze data through it to figure out hiring trends and come up with better plans.

Cons

No cons that I can think of- sometime it does not sync perfectly to other apps, but its hard to say if that is a Greenhouse issue or an issue with the other apps.

I've implemented Greenhouse at two tech companies and in both instances have seen great results.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use (both for the Recruiting team and for the Hiring Managers/Interviewers) and it is very intuitive. It takes minimal training for employees to learn how to navigate and manage the system.

Cons

I with the reporting capabilities were a little more robust and dynamic. I think they're making improvements on this in their product roadmap though. The mobile app is getting better as well.

Good look & feel and gets the job done.

Hiring in a timely manner.

Pros

Greenhouse is user friendly and pretty straight forward. Very few employees complain or get lost in the product. It keeps the Recruiting, Finance and HR team(s) on the same page and helps us hire quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Reporting. There are still several areas for improvement within metrics and reporting. The scheduling tool has gotten better but I think other ATS' do a little better here.

Outstanding recruiting tool

Pros

- Great overview over candidates, open and closed jobs, and individual application stages - Great structure for recruiting procedures for a maximum of comparability between candidates - Establish Scorecards for your ideal candidate and let interviewers rate the categories - Great service and introduction to the product - Create own email templates, reaching from confirmation that application was received to test questions with attachments and to rejection emails - bulk actions possible for several candidates

Cons

- The Greenhouse software is quite expensive. The price rises with the number of employees in your company. When you sign up, make sure you also know about the development of the pricing when your company grows.

Great tool for smaller companies with limited reporting needs

We've been using greenhouse for a number of years and it has served it's purpose.

Pros

Simple use, fairly intuitive process, ability to capture all candidate info in on place, high level reporting,

Cons

Customized reporting is a challenge, the "off the shelf" reports are too elementary, uncertain how large the platform can scale

Greenhouse is our recruiting must-have

Pros

I love how easy to use Greenhouse is. With very little training, my team went from recruiting via email to adopting and embracing the system within months. Scorecards help to inform our executives about hiring decisions, and the reporting gives my team real metrics to back-up or improve our processes.

Cons

All of my cons are likely future feature roadmap items. For instance, I would like to repost a job (on job boards) without having to create a new job ID (by duplicating the role). I would love to have an kanban board view when looking at an open role.

Good ATS for start-ups

Overall it's a good ATS for small to midsize companies, not too sure it would be practical for big organizations.

Pros

I have used greenhouse as an applicant and as a recruiter and in both cases, it was a lovely experience. As an applicant I love how uncomplicated it is, takes all of 5 minutes to send a job application. I also love that it doesn't require me to upload my CV, then manually type the contents in text boxes again. As a recruiter I am able to collaborate with other recruiters, generate reports, leave comments, track particular applicants and refer candidates.

Cons

I had to go through a whole day of training to learn how to navigate it as a user/recruiter. I wish it was a little easier to use.

We have been thrilled with Greenhouse. Implementation went well, and internal teams enjoy using it.

Pros

Greenhouse staff (all have been fantastic), intuitive to use, ease of scheduling, integration with GCal, ability to merge candidates, reports, training materials for end users, customization of interview kit and scorecards, ease of submitting feedback on candidates. We are also putting in much more expensive and extensive HCM system. In comparison, for the money Greenhouse is a great value. We love our Greenhouse Account Manager! He always keeps us on track.

Cons

Job set up can require more of an investment of time and effort by Recruiters and Hiring Managers, which requires change management and ongoing education and training of both groups. However, the payoff means that the rest of recruiting process goes very smoothly. Greenhouse Analytics product is cumbersome, but happily Greenhouse seems to be putting a lot of effort into building up reporting function. We were warned by our sales person that we did not need this product immediately, and he was correct. Chat help availability can be spotty at times, though they are very helpful when online.

Fantastic product -

Pros

- Completely owns the process from job creation to posting, applications, interviews, and offer. - The scorecards are my favourite part. It helps build accountability and transparency into the pass/fail world of interviews - Amazing customer support - Good degree of cusomization - As an HR/People Manager, I can oversee many processes without having to constantly check in with my hiring managers/interviewers.

Cons

- It's not cheap, definitely an investment - Mobile version is okay for interviewers, but it's non-existent for admins