Greenhouse Reviews - Page 5

Great ATS

It's very positive, I would definitely recommend using it as an ATS.

Pros

I've been using Greenhouse for over 3 years. It's very user friendly and has lots of great features. The reporting functionality is pretty good as well. There are a lot of customization options within it.

Cons

Customizing reports is an area that could be worked on. Also the support team is kind of slow at getting back to me.

A feature monster that does everything, if you can find it

Pros

GH covers all aspects of the hiring process I consider relevant as a hiring manager (I can't rate the tool from an HR perspective). It's really very very complete. Some parts of GH are very efficient, for example the CV screening UI and the process of sending rejections, which can be scheduled. Collaboration between HR, hiring manager and different interviewers is generally well done.

Cons

The downside to GH is the generally chaotic UI. As someone who uses GH every few months rather than daily, which is probably typical for hiring managers, I find myself hunting for pieces of information (basic candidate information, take home test submission, etc.) and not finding them where I expect them. Also, sometimes CVs and other external information won't load immediately.

Great product from a world-class partner

Customer Support: Greenhouse has a built in customer support chat box where you can chat live with someone for assistance. If no one is available then you can always send them an email support request. They usually get back to all requests within a few days and are great at making sure all questions are resolved. Also, all your requests are logged in a ticket system so you can reference them later...

Greenhouse Review

Pros

Greenhouse is super easy to use - anyone can pick it up fairly quickly. For recruiting purposes, I like how everything lives in Greenhouse so it makes it easier to manage everything. As a coordinator and a recruiter, I've never had any problems navigating the platform.

Cons

The customer support for Greenhouse isn't the best. There have been a few times we've had some issues on the technical side of things and it's impossible to get a hold of customer support or our rep sometimes.

Miles ahead of the competition

Pros

We recently made the move to Greenhouse and couldn't be happier. It was the smoothest company-wide rollout we've had with any of our internal systems, and the feedback from members across all of our teams has been positive right off the bat. When we have run into any issues (all very minor) the support for the Greenhouse team has been fast and efficient. With our previous ATS it was like pulling teeth to get a response so it's a breath of fresh air to hear back immediately through the live chat or nearly immediately when reaching out through email. Although we are still fairly new to using it, I'm thrilled by the results so far and excited by the features we are just starting to test out. It's amazing how extensive the features are while still being such a simple to use tool. A+

Cons

It can be a bit of work upfront, so your team (not just staffing but everyone) needs to be on board. The really awesome features of the platform requires you to go beyond just the basic setup. The permissions can also be a bit tricky initially. Not as many levels of access as some other ATS I've worked with. However, overall

Amazing software program to help recruiting stay organized with multiple users.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to personalize your needs through different funnel systems. I love how easy it is to use and even when we do run into a program the support team always provides amazing assistance. Reaching out to candidates is super easy to do in bulk and saves A LOT of time. Being able to export specific funnels is also extremely helpful for productivity!

Cons

One thing I wish we could do is have the ability to unmerge candidates. I also wish there was a way to attach a separate document in a calendar invite.

One of the top ATS systems but not the best customer support

Great piece of software with a bad support however, if they improve this part of business it would be a huge competition for Workable and Lever.

Pros

Overall Greenhouse is a great piece of software and real kudos for their engineering and design team. It has more than 200+ integrations which is incomparable to any other ATS system. It has an option to invite third parties to participate in recruitment processes (eg. recruitment agency or RPO agency) what is great in todays' world. There is a full GDPR support, clear UI (however worse than Lever and Workable) and a lot of additional products to expand capabilities of Lever.

Cons

Customer Support, it is really slow and sometimes I didn't get any answer from them. I asked more than three times to contact me because I'm interested in buying Greenhouse and they didn't respond at all. It per se convinced me not to recommend this product.

I love using Greenhouse, it makes our processes run smoother and let's me get more done!

Pros

I like that a lot of it is customizable, I can adjust the platform to our needs and processes. It makes it easy to send out reminders to interviewers and keep everyone on track or share notes. I love that it integrates with gmail as well and google calendar which makes everything easier to get done.

Cons

There are definitely a lot of improvements that could be made to make the software even better - for example, when working with external recruiters they often want to be cc'ed on candidate communication but there is no option to set that as a default in Greenhouse. I would also love the option to hide candidate names during resume review so we can work on our diversity efforts more thoroughly.

One of the top Applicant Tracking Systems out there

This is my favourite ATS. Definitely recommend it for a company 100 people + looking to continue growing.

Pros

Fantastic Integrations Easy to use Clean UI Great for team collaboration Interview tool kits and prep for hiring teams live chat - which is fantastic! As other ATS's get back to you in 24-48 hours You can change interview workflows in real time Great in depth reporting system

Cons

The only thing that could be made easier is closing off a req that is attached to multiple req ID's. The numbers make it a bit confusing.

Incredibly thorough, purposeful and collaborative recruiting process

We are able to dive deeper into the analytics surrounding our recruitment and hiring processes

Pros

The holistic approach to hiring not only means identifying candidates who have long-term potential to grow with the company but also looking for a great culture fit

Cons

I want to easily identify target schools that yield quality candidates

Seamless. Streamlined. Impactful.

Pros

Greenhouse has allowed me to overhaul our sourcing, recruiting and hiring programs, and has positioned us for immense growth. In just over 15 months since launching Greenhouse we went from 38 people to just over 80!

Cons

There are still some areas where you have to change things twice manually or it won't be updated, still small bugs here and there, and some of the integrations aren't as simple as made out to be. But the platform is still new and I have been impressed working with the people and the company.

Everyday end user

Pros

Seamless integration with our software, easy to use, love the ability to customize, excellent functionality for our purposes!

Cons

There is some functionality with reports that I wish were different. When I want to drill down to the individual level, I wish it were easier to have the option to go back to the same spot in the report when I'm done.

It's easy to use by recruiters and the whole team involved in recruitment, makes team recruitment ea

- less administration - automation of the process

Pros

It is very easy to get new users onboard, it's intuitive to use and makes recruitment a very collaborative process.

Cons

Customer support could be better - sometimes some questions are not answered. I would welcome a more visible of all my active candidates in the pipeline and any actions that need to be taken.

Simply the best

Pros

We've had nothing but positive experiences with Greenhouse. It's simply the most intuitive and powerful ATS (and then some) out there. The product is built so intuitively, and it feels like every time we think of something we'd want to do on Greenhouse, the feature is already built and built better than we had been thinking. Their support documentation is some of the best I've ever seen and if we can't find a solution to a particular issue, their live chat representatives are incredibly helpful and responsive. There's no doubt on our team that for ease of use, power, scale and customer service, Greenhouse is simply the best.

Cons

You'll definitely pay for the service as it definitely doesn't come cheap. In our benchmarking, Greenhouse was definitely one the most expensive options out there. So if you're a cash-strapped organization or you're one that isn't significantly scaling hiring efforts, then you might be able to find more affordable solutions.

It is nice to have it

Pros

it is user friendly and it is good that it shows new applications separately. It is good that you can transfer the resume of candidates for one job to the other jobs.

Cons

it is not showing the calendar, so it is confusing when you want to choose a time for interview. After sometime it is difficult to find the resume of people.

Good as an end user

Pros

I mostly use Greenhouse to complete reviews of potential candidates (I'm not a hiring manager, just an interviewer) and to submit referrals. I like that it's really easy for our recruiting team to customize the questions we need to fill out while submitting interview write ups, and that it reminds me to complete my write up after I've completed the interview. It's also really easy to submit referrals -- the import from LinkedIn feature is nice (though it doesn't always import all of the information correctly).

Cons

I don't like that when I click on the person's resume, it forces me to download a PDF of it. I wish I could just view in a web browser. I also find it somewhat confusing to find the things I need (I always click around for awhile before finding the finished scorecard for candidates, for example).

Strong SaaS Recruiting Option

Greenhouse is a great option for SaaS-based recruiting software that is easy to onboard users and get people collaboratively working with applicants.

Pros

Easy to use and onboard new users onto. The easy of directing new users to add applicants and referrals makes the process easy and less burdensome. Also, the ability to track recruits, automatically add collaborative code environments to interviews, and remind interviewers to write reviews makes the process easier.

Cons

The lack of the ability to customize the review report is frustrating at times. As a user that has to fill out a lot of reviews, the report could be made much more dynamically editable to allow reporting formats to change based on inputs. I'm sure the recruiting teams have made changes to improve reporting, but the format is clunky and painful to use

User-friendly and intuitive

Better ATS, Referral platform, Centralized Scorecards/easy to fill out

Pros

I like to say Greenhouse is the "Mac" of ATS programs.... with an app that you can download, and easy scorecards to fill it, it couldn't be easier for our teams to use.

Cons

Customer service seems to have dwindled a little since we first implemented it a year ago - the chat feature was online more frequently. Also, it's hard to post a job in multiple markets without doing multiple reqs - a feature I know they are working to address.

Best ATS I've ever used

One of the best HR software I've come across, gets all the job done and is very promising since the software is constantly growing

Pros

- Clean and sleek UI - Meets the requirements of our organization and also adds additional features on request - Amazing integration with popular and commonly used software like G suite, LinkedIn and background checking software

Cons

- Having the ability to keep track of all the past email conversations with a past candidate - Lack of custom permission setting

Greenhouse has been critical in scaling recruitment and adoption of from employees has been amazing.

Pros

Ease of Use, Constant Feature Additions (That make sense), Customer Support/Success has been top notch, ability to train new recruiters, employees and managers in short period of time. Ability to analyze metrics and dig deeper via google sheets integrations.

Cons

The only complaint we have is that calendar invites do not have automatic reminders. Whenever we think of a new feature that would be awesome, unprompted it is added within a few weeks of our internal discussions.

An "ok" Platform

Pros

Easy to collaborate within an organization over candidates, can submit scorecards, add external recruiters and has a lot of automated templates to choose from

Cons

External agency recruiters aren't able to see feedback and other important details. Some of the interview selections for jobs aren't up to par, and it's hard to sync scorecards with interview invites meaning there are multiple calendar invites when scheduling interviews

In a sea of terrible ATSes, Greenhouse floats to the top

I like Greenhouse, but I don't enjoy it as much as another big name in the ATS market: Lever. It's good for the price and will suit most users' needs, but lacks in some areas, making it my #2 choice.

Pros

Greenhouse has a lot of customization options and offers and makes it easy to adjust job stages, interview scorecards, and more. It also has a ton of integrations to make life easier.

Cons

Greenhouse isn't very intuitive and is not very robust when it comes to reporting or communicating with candidates.

Best ATS out there

Pros

Love the chat system with customer support Love the integration with LinkedIn, Entelo, etc. Love the easy scheduling integrations Love the @mentioning for other team mates for better cross-collaboration

Cons

The metrics are not always accurate or the easiest to navigate. That's the biggest downfall

Fair platform for recruiting and applicant tracking

Pros

The information and data on candidate's interview process are well structured and in a timeline format, allowing further evaluation and candidate performance tracking. When resume is attached, it is possible to access and visualize linkedin profile through the platform itself, with no needs for external links.

Cons

For first-time users, it is very difficult and counterintuitive to use. It is hard to identify tags and information to attach to the application. It takes time to get accustomed to it.

My Favorite ATS!

Pros

So often, applicant tracking systems tend to be missing one or more critical features that are critical for a great ATS. I love that Greenhouse has consolidated all of the best ATS features into one product. Nice user interface, easy user maintenance, candidate scoring, referral tracking, offer letter management, great reporting, integrations with HRIS systems, you name it. It's all there.

Cons

The only thing I feel they are missing is the ability to build automated questionnaires into the interview workflow.