Greenhouse Reviews - Page 7

Greenhouse is great!

Pros

I think greenhouse is extremely easy to use and they have great customer support. The reporting functionality is also super helpful.

Cons

Nothing! I really think they have a great platform and would recommend to any recruiting team.

Super easy to use, could be too pricey for some

Pros

Greenhouse is a beautiful system. Most line managers have been able to log on and get started without any training from me or GH. If you are even the slightest bit savvy with social media, then you'll be able to get up and running with this software quickly. I love the fact you can connect with Facebook, Twitter, etc. and easily email from the system. The reporting tools within GH are really impressive. There are tons of stats just a couple of clicks away!

Cons

The price is what I like the least. I did demos for 5 systems. This was the priciest by far, and they increase the price yearly. However, you don't need to worry about how many line managers have log in info as it's just a flat fee. I can see how with other systems, where you pay per head, the price would start to get up there quickly.

Solid platform, great API.

Pros

Greenhouse has an ever expanding list of integration partners as well as an open API offering flexibility in building our recruiting tech stack as well as adding on new integrations quickly via the API.

Cons

While Greenhouse's built in reporting feature provides far greater depth than most ATS platforms, there's a need for clear copy around what data is pulled and how to build trust in reports.

Customizable, too many clicks sometimes

Pros

Customizable and friendly customer support. Integrates with Google calendar, fairly easy to use for all

Cons

Too many clicks sometimes to do something, mobile app is a bit clunky, frustrating when we have duplicates and GH doesn't recognize it

Good ATS for tracking

Pros

Greenhouse makes it easy to keep track of candidates, send them testing, and has some good insights into process data.

Cons

I wish there were some more flexibility and that more of the software listed to each other - for example, modifying data can be inaccurate because the same data has to be corrected in multiple spots. It would be great if the program was smart enough to detect that.

Greenhouse was a good fit for my startup!

Cost effective and gets the job done!

Pros

Greenhouse is extremely customizable! You are able to add in various custom stages, templates, and forms through the platform. We used this ATS as we scaled from 50 employees to 120.

Cons

Sometimes the service from Greenhouse was not ideal, there were sometimes long wait times for seemingly simple support questions. However, they always got resolved.

Gets the job done quite well

Pros

Can integrate with almost anything, great API documentation, clean interface for backend users, easily searchable requisitions and cloning workflows

Cons

a bit manual in terms of scheduling and filling data fields, not much for the candidate to reference on the front end, a bit dry in terms of formatting for job requisitions embedded on a website

Best ATS I've Seen

I did a thorough analysis before choosing Greenhouse over competitors like Jobvite, Workable, Cornerstone, and Taleo (which was our legacy system). It seemed like a daunting task to migrate all our data and learn a new ATS, but I am so glad we did it and in retrospect it actually wasn't very difficult. Greenhouse completely managed the whole migration. Our whole HR team loves Greenhouse and now we realize how Taleo didn't actually help us recruit better, it just allowed us to file candidates away and maybe find them in the future.

Pros

My favorite parts of Greenhouse are the automated email tracking, the ability to queue emails to send at a later date, and the ease of use for managers and interviewers to provide feedback.

Cons

There are a couple areas that Greenhouse can improve - 1. Emails disappear if you click off of them in the same screen, 2. Availability should save after sending it out to one candidate so that you don't have to keep putting it in, 3. Email signature needs some improvement to look good and be easy to change.

Great workflow

Would recommend but requires initial investment to make work for your org.

Pros

Easy to use once set up. Makes team hiring much easier.

Cons

Lot of work to set up initially in a way that is useful and easy to use.

Superb ATS system

Pros

It is easy to manage candidate from different sources. I especially like the scheduling part. We used to have people manually ask for availability going back and forth. Now I can just click couple time to have the interview setup. Integration with different system comes in handy as well. I used Hired for sourcing at this point. Once candidate accepted our request to interview with us. The candidate's information flow into Greenhouse automatically. Even resume downloaded from other site can be imported easy with automated information extraction.

Cons

There is a learning curve. I am still trying to setup the whole interview process with different interview phase s and score cards. I hope that is a "wizard" process that asks some questions and get the initial system up accordingly. Integration with Angelist is not useful.

Super-Functional Tool for Tech Startups

Pros

Ask your friends who work at tech companies - most of them are using Greenhouse. It has a clean candidate experience, and one of the most intuitive and straightforward UIs there is, which keeps our process moving quickly (and when it comes to recruitment, speed is paramount in scooping up candidates before your competitors do)!

Cons

Greenhouse is a wonderfully usable, flexible ATS with some CRM capabilities

Increased velocity in candidate process Easy scheduling and candidate invites Job board Metrics on channels and sources

Pros

Great flexibility, supports structured interviews, good job board, good tracking of candidates and prospects, easy to use.

Cons

Reporting, metrics, data exports are challenging. Dashboards aren't particularly helpful, hiring manager transparency is tough.

Excellent Applicant Tracking Software System for internal clients

I've used this software on multiple contract recruiting jobs. It's simple to add new candidates, track them in the interview process, collect feedback and set up interviews. It's also easy to save resumes and search through the database.

Pros

The ability to quickly share interview feedback across the team

Cons

Perhaps the cost, but really like the software and don't have any specific cons

Simple, easy, beneficial

Efficiency gains, tracking referrals and prospects, faster time to hire.

Pros

Automates the recruiting process, helps us recruit at scale. All recruiters that we hire like using it, so helps them get excited to work here. Intuitive to use.

Cons

There are so many options in the set up, took us a while to optimize our process and get the full value of the software.

Wouldn't look any further

The best ATS on the market

Pros

The flexibility and the customer support and partnership

Cons

Nothing - they continue to integrate with new vendors and are open to adding new features

Best ATS I've worked with.

Pros

The reporting functionality makes it easy to understand the current pipeline and to evaluate the effectiveness of the overall process. Additionally, Greenhouse has done a nice job of focusing on "what really matters" when it comes to building a valuable ATS...scheduling, collecting feedback, running reports, etc.

Cons

The product isn't as customizable as others I've worked with, and at times it would be nice to be able to make some company-specific changes. That said, the product is still fairly new and there are a lot of product additions/enhancements on the roadmap.

Greenhouse is Featureful to the Max

Greenhouse served me well for a number of years.

Pros

It's serviceable in terms of tracking candidates, creating interview processes, and scheduling. I was among the first to use Greenhouse. I introduced it to several companies as well. Every company must have an ATS and Greenhouse was the best available for each company at the time. It scales well as the recruiting team grows and within the organization as that continues to grow. Overall I think it's a good product.

Cons

I never felt like the user feedback was incorporated in new feature introductions or upgrades to existing features. That was frustrating when a great degree of feedback was solicited on the phone, in person, and via email. It felt like their designers were designing just to keep busy and somewhat in a vacuum. Why change the colors when you could be making the UI/UX easier to navigate. I found myself creating workarounds for much of it for efficiencies sake regardless of the maturity of the product. I found team members all over the place despite being trained in terms of the way they preferred to use it. This is not good for a team and being a lead I was tasked with going through everything, fixing lazy messes but also knowing who was using it as intended.

Fraud, bordering on criminal- Don't use Greenhouse.

Don't sign up and don't trust them during the sales process. Review everything because they will bait and switch you - predatory business practices.

Pros

Nothing, the experience was dreadful and I highly recommend people to stay away from this company.

Cons

We were lied to regarding the billing structure promised to us, which was to be monthly. The rep we dealt with was incredibly short and rude after the fact and even sent us to collections! We would never have signed up for this horrible companies service if our billing was annually paid. We followed up with their team in September of 2020 about the error, and they refused to adjust. Please stay away from this company! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially should be ashamed of her conduct. Greenhouse is operating a predatory enterprise. We are using Zoho recruit now, and it's much better, offering more features, monthly billing, and allows for way more job posts.

Easy to use & efficient, but a little messy

Pros

It lets me be creative. I can post what I need and it does not give me a limit on what I want. I also really like the chat function. They help me a lot when I have small issues.

Cons

It's difficult to keep things organized. If you are not on top of what you want out of the platform it can get very messy and hard to read very easily.

Functional and easy to use, room for improvement though

Love it, but wish I had a proper onboarding with using it instead of having to learn things on my own, but as a user and admin. Customer service has been decent!

Pros

Easy to use and navigate around. Intuitive customizations and setup for new jobs and virtually anything else recruiting related

Cons

Reporting functionality could be more robust and granular.

It is an application that can follow more opportunities

I had my experience with this application when it was IT support, and among them was HR, as well as others, it offers many good things at personnel selection levels.

Pros

I like its interface, in the same way I think that at the recruitment level the HR processes for companies can improve, without any hint, it is evident that it must improve in its processes so that the search of personnel becomes effective.

Cons

really the application is very striking and has things that are worthwhile as a client, however, not everything is good, there are things that in its interface do not have levels of recruitment, for user or client a good application structure is necessary.

Greenhouse is an A+ ATS

Pros

Intuitive. Quick responses and support. We appreciate the partnerships between Greenhouse and top recruiting tools. These integrations makes for a more seamless workflow. Greenhouse is always open to receiving feedback and product suggestions as our company's needs change. I appreciate the transparency of their product roadmap.

Cons

We'd like more customization of some settings, like user permissions and referral requirements.

Best ATS!

I would highly recommend Greenhouse!

Pros

Greenhouse is fully customizable and very easy to navigate. The feedback tool is also quick and easy, increasing the submission by managers and interviewers!

Cons

The only feature Greenhouse is lacking is an application submission portal. They have workaround, but nothing built yet.

The best way of creating a robust talent acquisition process in your company

As mentioned, we use this software exclusively to manage our hiring process and have found tremendous benefit in using it.

Pros

Very well structured and allows you to track progress of hiring candidates very well. Publishing vacancies to online job boards are so easy.

Cons

Not really a problem, but I've found sometimes that the pre-set questions for interviews sometimes stifle you if you're not careful. The reminder to fill in scorecards are also a bit of a pain, but in a good way since it forces you to formalise your thoughts.

Works OK from perspective of an interviewer, not great.

Greenhouse does what it needs to do, but could be better at creating a more efficient UX around interview note taking/feedback.

Pros

I use Greenhouse mostly as someone who interviews candidates for our open roles, and to that end much of my interaction with the software is taking notes on candidates and making recommendations. I appreciate how Greenhouse makes it easy for me to view candidates resumes+screening questionnaire answers in context, and has a Google Calendar integration so that I don't have to spend the time digging through greenhouse for info on upcoming candidate interviews.

Cons

Adding notes/feedback around a candidate's interview performance is difficult in Greenhouse— especially with the lack of formatting (i.e. can't do bullets) in the text fields. I always take raw notes in GDocs and have to format/transfer back over to Greenhouse, which creates friction and wastes time. I wonder if there's a way to decrease that friction and make it so that I can more easily take notes directly in Greenhouse.