Gusto

Gusto makes payroll, benefits, & employee onboarding easy

visit website

Gusto Reviews - Page 4

3,080 reviews

Great product great team great price

Employee engagement is up, they like getting birthday cards, payday reminders, and fun tidbits on the payslip . They like having access to their pay account to make changes

Pros

It’s cost It’s implementation team was spot on and very responsive It integrates with Aplos well

Cons

Took a little bit to get implemented, but that’s with alll software!

Payroll Made Easy

Overall we highly recommend Gusto to everyone who is spending more than an hour or 2 per week processing payroll and the associated taxes.

Pros

The software has always been very easy to use, but during COVID, it was especially helpful. They quickly figured out how to manage all of the different credits etc. related to COVID and the law. We believe that we received the biggest value we could have directly related to using Gusto. We also appreciate the onboarding functionality and the birthday/anniversary reminders.

Cons

It is a little tricky to use if you have more than 1 pay plan. For instance, if you pay some people commission and others hourly. The surveys could be better, but it is nice to have an automated process even if it isn't ideal. We have had a couple of glitches with payroll taxes not being paid on time.

Gusto is the Hero Payroll System We All Need

Pros

Gusto is so easy to use and so user-friendly! We had a previous payroll system before Gusto and every payroll cycle we had to wrestle with the system to make sure pay was out on time. Gusto is so much better! It sends updates and alerts directly to your email - our old system forced you to log in to see an alert so unless you logged in every day, you would never know if something was off!

Cons

The only complaint we have about Gusto is that the price is very competitive until you start adding more features. Even the base package of Gusto has quite a few features which work great for us but I can see how if you want a more complex, intricate system, the price could go up pretty quickly.

Singularly the best software purchase for our small company

LOVE IT. I have zero interest in looking elsewhere. It does exactly what I need it to do and I know I can grow with it. Customer service has been good whenever we needed it, which is rare. It is set up with amazingly good user interface. Intuitive and easy to use. THANK YOU for this product!

Pros

Easy to set up. Easy to run payroll. Dashboard is great. Setting up new employees was a breeze. Paying contractors is just a few clicks. We do not use benefits, but if we did, I can imagine this would simplify so much. It is essential to our HR/payroll as a small business. We save so much over hiring someone and I dont' know how we could afford anything else. I have recommended to others who have used it and they are happy customers.

Cons

Reporting is sometimes hard to figure out. There was an alarm that kept going off, but I couldn't figure out what to do to stop it from alerting me. (small things)

I LOVE THIS PAYROLL SOFTWARE!

The benefit with Gusto is all the reminders that it sends to your email (and never too many emails sent). It has allowed me to manage and organize all my employees and their preferences in one spot while allowing me to run payroll and file tax forms with ease. I am new at running a business and Gusto has really helped with the learning curve!

Pros

This software has not only made my life easier when it comes to payroll because it's so simple and easy to use, but it has allowed me to learn more because of all the tutorials and explanations that it gives. If I have a question, I don't have to hop on the phone or a chat line to get my questions answered because they have everything spelled out and explained for the "regular" non-tax/accountant professional.

Cons

I have no current complaints about this software at this time because it meets all my needs COMPLETELY!

Gusto make payroll easy

As a small business in California it's difficult to keep pace with the changing payroll g laws. Gusto helped us solve this problem.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to manage employee's payroll, W-2's, and benefits/deductions. I also like the onboarding feature which file the I-9 for new employees. Another nice feature is the birthday cards that the whole team can sign online.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't specifically track vacation time. It calls it paid time off or PTO. Paid vacation and paid time off are not the same.

Excellent HR system for small companies; not built for scale

I have been very happy with Gusto for our small and growing business. Just be aware that if (and hopefully it's WHEN) you're business is successful and you are approaching 100+ employees you should be looking for a replacement HR system that can handle a larger workforce.

Pros

Gusto was very easy to get set up and implement for our company. I was quickly able to learn all the features and functionalities and start using this system to run HR. I think the ease of use is very important for small businesses and it saves a lot of time by creating an intuitive portal for employers, and an easy to use portal for employees as well.

Cons

Gusto has a few quirks that make some tasks difficult or impossible to do. When I reached out to customer service to ask why these issues were so difficult to perform the answer was "Gusto is not designed for a company of your size, and is meant for businesses with fewer than 100 employees". While I now understand that the reason for this is partly due to legal requirements, it wasn't clear to us that we would need to shift our HR system to another provider after we hit this milestone for our growing business.

Payroll Made Easy

Overall very simple software to use. I can always find what I need and get a nice email every pay period showing the breakdown of my paycheck.

Pros

This software is cloud-based and simple to use for users. It has a nice dashboard layout and quickly able to navigate from the left-side display. You can easily find your paystubs all the way back to your start date and see year to date statistics about your pay, benefits, and deductions. There is also a tab for your benefits so if you have a 401K or HSA/FSA you can see what, is contributed to those. Easily update your state and federal allowances yourself and add any additional withholdings with the click of a button. Also, have a documents section that has all of your prior year W-2s. One nice feature is the giving section. If you give regularly to a charity you can have it deducted directly from your paycheck.

Cons

Like many cloud-based applications we use in our office the calendar is all right but not useful. It would be nice if they were able to integrate their calendar into our office calendar (Google calendar).

Great product for payroll

Gusto Zen payroll does everything for my business, this software is face is getting access to high-quality, yet affordable, software, particularly in HR for our business, it as given a huge demand for my business, it can be used in health sector also, thanks for such a wonderful product, gusto gives a lot more packages for your needs, it's an ideal management online payroll gives our business to gain profits...

Pros

Gusto provides a cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution for businesses ,Gusto helps in handling payments to employees and contractors and saves time, it can manage electronically as of paper work to the client needs, Gusto benefits administration and compliance management platform. Designed to serve mainly small businesses across world , gusto mainly works for payroll system and human resource for your business i strongly recommend this software it's number one product for your businesses

Cons

Gusto lacks one con, everything is good but it doesn't provide mobile app to easily access thorough it for Android or ios, website is good and easliy maintained, try to improve this, over all no issues...

GREAT SERVICE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES

Overall, it's a GREAT system for small businesses and startups. It's really simple to get up and running and really simple to process payroll. Overall, we like the functionality.

Pros

It's afforadable and easy to use and especially functional for small businesses or start-ups.

Cons

Their PTO/ Vacation policies are clunky and hard to work with. And their nav menu has too many clicks back and forth. They don't handle the delivery of year-end documents (W2s).

Wonderfully functional Application

I'm only now using it as the free trial, but I will definitely be purchasing it as a normal day-to-day way to doom our peril fork blossom and company.

Pros

The ease of this it is absolutely amazing how quickly you can get all of your payroll issues solved, figured out. User friendly, especially for those of us who do not enjoy doing payroll!

Cons

I can honestly say there's not really anything yet that I found that I do not like about this app. It is very functional as I stated earlier and it seems like it's going to be a key point in our company.

Gusto is a miracle tool for payroll!!!!

This software has made payroll and hiring such a breeze! I used to dread new hire processing- but with Gusto the new hire do all of the work! And the interface makes it totally easy for them. =)

Pros

I am obsessed with this product and the support staff that comes with it! I have tried Intuit and ADP before finding Gusto. Gusto was a total game changer for me. The software is easy to use and really makes payroll a breeze for those of us who have businesses to run! You can upload a CSV file with that week's hours and any other payments and BOOM- payroll is done. I also like that they give me the...

Cons

It might be a tiny bit more expensive than some of the other guys, but those dollars are completely worth the time saving and error avoiding features included in Gusto. And their customer service far exceeds the other companies as well.

Gusto makes Payroll a snap

On a scale of 100, my overall experience for both my own payroll and that of my clients is a 98. The only issues ai have is with communicating with the company and the time it takes to get resolutions to issues.

Pros

The guided setup makes setting up an account super-simple. having one fee cover everything is much better than "traditional" payroll companies that charge you to file forms, make changes, run off-cycle and bonus payroll, etc. The reminders make it so you never forget to pay employees.

Cons

The lack of ability to contact the different departments within the company is frustrating as is the time it often takes to get a response.

Excellent value

Pros

Every small business should be using Gusto. It's perfect for growing companies

Cons

None. Literally happy with every feature

Makes payroll easy for a newbie

Pros

As a small business owner, I just hired my first couple employees last year. I was completely new to the whole thing, and was a bit intimidated by all the requirements of doing payroll. After looking into a few payroll software options, I went with Gusto and am glad I did. It walked me through everything, in a very user-friendly way. It has helpful articles about the various requirements of payroll...

Cons

I had a little bit of a problem getting my state taxes account set up. For some reason, it was giving me error messages about account numbers and things. Customer service was able to help me through it, and figure out what the issue was on their end. That was the only part of the process that wasn't totally painless. The only thing I wish this software had is a timecard functionality.

The One app you need for payroll management

Great experience!

Pros

Ease of use, customer support is great, lot of features to ease payroll management

Cons

I don't like how Gusto syncs the reimbursements to QBO - lump sum amount

Best payroll software i've used by far

This has helped me organize and group all my payroll and benefits so easily and in proper order i would be lost without this software

Pros

It not only makes doing payroll a brease, which for me was something i dreaded most, but it has all your company's benefits at hand for easy access. Makes a task that used to be such a stress so simple and easy to accomplish, i can't imagine going back to doing payroll without this software.

Cons

I can't think of one con the only thing that would make this software better would be if it were free.

Cheapest, fastest, best service

Pros

Their pricing is not only competitive, but scales linearly with the size of your organization - beating many other services handily price-wise for smaller companies, especially if you run bi-weekly or weekly payrolls. The ability to pay Gusto by month rather than by the payroll gives me flexibility in paying our employees more frequently without added cost. To top it all off, their customer service reflects their aim of taking on their relatively enormous competitors - they have an incredible support team.

Cons

They don't show net pay until after you hit submit. It makes grossing up bonuses a pain, but that's ultimately not a big deal. Plus, for how few times I've had to do it, it remains a possibility that they've got this functionality now and I'm just not aware of it. The area for viewing prior payrolls also bothers me, as I'd prefer something less flashy and more strictly functional (don't gate viewing prior payrolls by making me click to scroll the list down, Gusto, it's aesthetically pleasing but functionally it's an unnecessary hassle).

Gusto Payroll Processing System

It is very easy to.manage and my business partner loves it. We are so far happy with the product and can't complain.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of onboarding, ease of managing payroll, payroll hikes, taxes, employee database, among other data.

Cons

I can't think of a lot to complain about. One of the major issues was the performance management of employees and needed to make sure employee pay raises are taking effect when they are supposed to be

Gusto makes tracking my pay a breeze!

I wish my previous employers had used Gusto so I could have been introduced to it sooner. I will definitely be a little upset if I ever change jobs and my new employer doesn't use Gusto. It's just so handy and does EXACTLY what I need it to do.

Pros

There's so much I like about Gusto. Being able to track my paychecks digitally has helped me budget properly for the first time in my life. It was easy to set up direct deposit, and even get my paycheck split into different accounts. We also just recently switched to Gusto's time tracker for clocking in and out. Taxes are ramping up, and Gusto allows me to view my W2's online and even integrates directly with TurboTax to import my info quickly and easily. I filed my taxes in 15 minutes thanks to Gusto.

Cons

It would be nice if Gusto had a dedicated app for mobile phones to use the time tracker for clocking in and out, as right now you can only use the website.

An HR-solution revelation for employees

I wish the HR solutions at my previous companies had been as helpful as Gusto has been. So many other providers create such needless headaches when looking for the most basic employment (pay, benefits, insurance, 401k, etc.) information. Gusto's been a revelation.

Pros

As an employee, it's been such a revelation using Gusto. It's so easy to get so many HR-related things done (check pay stubs, change tax exemption status, see benefits, etc.) in a friendly, well-designed solution that it's mind-boggling that some of the older, entrenched HR solutions have been getting away with such a painful UX for so long. It's one of those companies where they really seem to lean into their brand promise in every little interaction... even when I emailed them to ask a question about COBRA coverage, they responded sooner than expected with a friendly, personalized, helpful response. It felt like I was talking to someone who represented the company and genuinely cared about my experience with them. (Unlike, say, an outsourced call center person.)

Cons

I don't know what Gusto costs relative to the competition, so I don't know what the ROI will be for you, but frankly I haven't run into any frustrations with Gusto, yet. It's been nothing but pleasant surprises.

There's a reason why they call it ZenPayroll!

After trying out the Big Guys is payroll I was lucky enough to stumble upon Zen. Sign up was easy and implementing it into our business was a breeze. Everything can be done online so it saved a number of hours getting important data into the system. They also have an amazing contractor portal where independent professionals, temp staff and other workers can see their whole payroll history. My favorite...

Pros

Quick. Easy. Efficient. Completely cloud based. All the filing and heavy lifting done for you. Great user interface and paying employees and contractors is super easy. I also really like the price. You get everything for one flat rate, and you only pay for the employees that you have and the contractors you pay for that month.

Cons

I can't say that I have "cons" with ZenPayroll, but a neat feature would be to add custom check printing. Currently if you have quickbooks they have it setup, but it would be neat if you could order checks from ZenPayroll to run through your company printer that were formatted just the way you needed them. We have our own template that works now, but if they had their own checks that would be better. I would also add multiple pay rates for employees (like regular rate vs training rate) but I believe this might be somewhere on their roadmap.

Great software, amazing tech support

Pros

Ease of use, clients love it, good pricing, Great software, amazing tech support

Cons

I can't think of anything substantive. Great stuff

Makes getting paid and managing my retirement easy

The UI of Gusto is robust. There was only one time while working with Gusto that I didn't know how to find something: which was when I switched from being a contractor at the firm to being a part-time employee. I wasn't sure where I could find my employee paystubs and this was due to the system thinking I wanted to see the contractor's dashboard. I eventually figured it out but it would have been nice if Gusto automatically showed me the employee dashboard considering that I was recently onboarded.

Pros

For me, the integration of Gusto with my retirement savings (Guideline) is amazing. The ability for me to click on the link to my Guideline account and see that Gusto is tracking this information as well is a key functionality of Gusto that I love.

Cons

If there was some way to fully integrate my health, dental, and vision insurance into the software that would be great as well. I can see what my employer is contributing every paycheck, however, I also would like to be able to see a link to my provider on Gusto if that was possible. It would be nice to use Gusto as a one-stop-shop location (virtually) that I could see all of this information.

Great payroll software

Gusto has done a great job and I have been very impressed with their proactive approach to this very unusual business climate we are currently in.

Pros

I have switched several clients from Quickbooks payroll to Gusto. Everyone has been completely satisfied with Gusto's service. I will continue to recommend Gusto to anyone who asks!

Cons

I have not found their reports to be as numerous and varied as some other payroll companies.