Gusto

Gusto makes payroll, benefits, & employee onboarding easy

visit website

Gusto Reviews - Page 5

3,080 reviews

Best platform for payroll and benifits

There is really only one thing that i can say, the experience was top notch

Pros

The software is so user friendly that it can be taught to someone that has never done anything like this before. The support that the company gives is second do none and i would say it is the best i have ever used.

Cons

there is nothing that i can say that i do not like about the software and if there ever is i will make sure to update this.

Best accounting software

Very pleased with Gusto.

Pros

For the money, you can’t beat the product. My staff and I enjoy using Gusto

Cons

Price could be always be lower. But this is still a good product

Gusto staff can't keep up with demand

I think Gusto has great ideas and will eventually get there. There needs to be a better system in place for pushing data to insurance carriers. Gusto needs better communication around what is happening and what the timeline will be for fixes. That takes more staff and a better trained staff.

Pros

It's nice to have a benefits dashboard and payroll system in one. Gusto makes the new hire paperwork process so simple and reminds me of birthdays and anniversaries.

Cons

Our benefit renewal was an absolute nightmare. There were tons of mistakes made by the Gusto team. It's obvious that information needed by carriers is being manually typed by someone at Gusto. Employees names were spelled incorrectly on insurance cards, addresses were wrong, the contribution table (company vs employee contributions) were completely off. We had to restart open enrollment twice for a company of 35 people. As the head of HR, I was embarrassed.

Makes payroll so much easier!

My overall experience with Gusto has been great. I've been able to save time and it's super user friendly. Plus, the customer is great!

Pros

I love that I can automate a lot of our clients payroll. Even if it used to take me maybe 20 minutes maximum a month, but it still saves me that time to work on other things. I also love the fact that I don't have to file the quarterly payroll tax returns and annual W-2s. Gusto takes care of all these filings!

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like about Gusto yet. Everything has just been great so far. Positive experience so far.

Perfect for start ups

Overall it’s a valuable option for businesses just starting out that want the features a corporation would have, but at a great price and with fee limitations.

Pros

I love that this payroll software is easy to use, and decently priced for the average startup. It has HR management, payroll and benefits all dolled into one. The interface is well designed and it’s enjoyabke for an administrator and for employees to use. One of my favorite, small things about gusto is that each payday you get an email that says “woohoo you got paid” and a paystub is in your inbox waiting for you. As a business owner, you can automate payroll which is a necessity because you have a lot on your plate already running an entire business. Gusto has your typical year end forms and connects/integrates with other HR platforms that focus on non-payroll activities so it’s a win win.

Cons

Gustos benefits are only available in certain states, so if you’re lucky you can use this feature, and they are rolling out more but it takes time.

Gusto, and my pay.

It definitely solves PTO problems. People in the company not knowing how much they have, because they don't keep track themselves. No worries Gusto does it for you. I think just having an app where you can see what is going on with your pay, break down, and vacation time is amazing. It can even show you what you would make in overtime, double-overtime ect..

Pros

I truly like Gusto for a number of reasons. One would be the easily accessible W-2 from my work, that they uploaded on Gusto and gave me immediate access to it. It made it easy to send it off to my accountant to file my taxes. Second would be the breakdown of my paycheck. I can see it every week in the app, and see what I made, what is getting taken out, even how much PTO I occluded that check. Third would be the PTO request. It is super simple, I pick my dates, put on the notes why I am requesting these days off. It then sends it to my Manager, and she can approve it remotely. These are just a few of the top features I love.

Cons

Nothing. It is simple, easy and that's all I need.

My Favorite Payroll and HR Software Thus far

The software is clean and easy to use, I can call the HR Pros at any time to help me in situations or projects, the chat feature is great too, Employee surveys to track happiness, HR document, and resource center.

Pros

Easy to use Streamlined payroll process Connecting with the HR Pros to answer all your questions is a breeze You can add all sorts of benefits straight through this software Integration to QBO Employee Surveys

Cons

Needs a Mobile App Time Tracking needs to be upgraded

Say goodbye to Toby from the Office and say hi to Gusto

I get paid through it and it was easy to get myself set up and I help people set up their payroll on it. It's incredibly easy-to-use. Not much I can say after that. Oh and their support is great.

Pros

Gusto is the easiest, and most user-friendly app to manage people, payroll and benefits. At work, I train people on how to use this product and it takes me under 30 minutes to do so. It's incredibly user-friendly, and if you ever have issues that would typically require an HR person (i.e tricky HR cases), you could reach out to Gusto and they could help you navigate through it as the business owner.

Cons

hard to say. every company I review is either because I hate them or I love them. In this case, I love Gusto.

Exceptional Customer Support!

Pros

I love that Gusto does all of the HR work for me and that my team can log in anytime to download a past pay. It's easy to make payroll and team member updates and add bonuses or commission on the fly. Any time I've had a problem I've been able to get in touch with a friendly helpful person on the phone immediately and that is SO important with a payroll company!

Cons

I sometimes have trouble trying to get tax notices handled properly. I would like a way to enter employee pay by salary and not indicate hourly rate on the paycheck. And I think it would be helpful to enter an end date of a terminated employee but not have to send a physical check for the final pay.

Changing my review after disastrous series of events with Gusto

Great... until it wasn't.

Pros

Very clean design, easy to understand your account from your dashboard.

Cons

After several years as a Gusto client (and a previous 5 star reviewer), I'm posting this second review regarding my experience. Gusto is great ... until it's not. When we refinanced our house, we discovered that Gusto had been incorrectly reporting on our W2's. This created a series of several complications that took several weeks and persistent calls to fix. Perhaps some of the liability falls with...

Hi Erik. We're sorry about the experience that you've had with us. We have found your case in our system and will be reaching out as soon as possible.

Cannot enter data to meet filing deadline in 4 days, Software lacking, and IRS says not receiving

For light weight use, it is pleasant. For anything cookie cutter, can be severely lacking. I do not have experience with Quicken payroll so not sure if any better given Quickbooks also seems to soft serve accounting now and buries T-accounts and registers, which should be at the top. That being said, at least one can still get to the register and make entries when soft serve ice cream is not appropriate, if you get my meaning.

Pros

It's pretty, modern GUI, and marketing and PR are nice. Lots of VC cash spent on social media and GUI to promote it. Phone support folks are pleasant but limited in what they can help with.

Cons

If problem, then your fault as they say software is designed to be self-serving and thus everything is your fault if does not work. But, if you want to grant restricted stock to people and generate 1099s and edited W-2s , then sorry, there software and support team could not help and there are no fields for me to "self-service" this data into their software. I've been in contact with Gusto since December...

Hi David, thanks for providing us your feedback about our software, and we've passed it along to our product team. We also see that you've been in touch with our customer support team and encourage you to reach back out to them if you have any questions and if there's anything else we can do for you in the moment.

Terrible customer service, average system, Predatory Lender

The world has caught up to Gusto. It is just a run of the mill self-service payroll firm. Comparing any self-service firm to a full-service firm, the self-service firm will win on cost, though that is about it. In addition to losing on Customer Service, the constant annoying sales pitches and calls regarding HR benefits as well as the firm charging for simple improvements, such as adding paid-for time tracking is a severe detriment. The fact that it has now morphed into a Payday Lend is the last straw for me. I do not trust Gusto with my firm's or employee's data and am extremely happy that I never moved any healthcare or other benefit systems to their control. I have been with the firm since our beginning, but will be moving on to another system as soon as possible.

Pros

This is one of the many common low-cost self-service payroll solutions. It allows you to pay your Employees and Contractors and handles virtually all of the taxes and processing of payments to the taxing authorities. The interface is on par with the many other UX/UI's in the industry. As is industry standard, Employees are emailed all end of year documents automatically. The company also offers access to two-day payroll processing.

Cons

Customer Service is terrible - an absolute nightmare. When mistakes are made by Gusto, they are hard, if not impossible to fix and/or get them to admit to. The firm has attempted (and mostly failed to my knowledge) to enter the higher margin HR platform and benefits fold. The firm has also just begun predatory lending at rates advertised as 1% which are actually as high as 45.63% (per their own fine...

Easy and Flexible Payroll and HR Management

Pros

This product is very user friendly. It allows you to manage various types of employees in various locations with easy. I could easily manage salaried and hourly employees and it allows hourly employees to enter their own hours. It also allowed employees to set-up their profiles, which saved time on my part in the back-end. Instead of copying a lot of personal information and making constant W-4 updates, the software allows employees to set themselves up with information they know well and make changes that streamline during the payroll process.

Cons

Sometimes it felt like certain tasks were taking more clicks than necessary to complete. For instance, if I need to change the pay rate for several employees I would go into each one individually, but then once I saved and was ready to update the next profile I would have to go back to the employee screen and then expand the scroll-able list again. It would be nice to easily go back to where I was when making large updates.

Very easy to use application that saves a lot of time.

Within the company, human resources use Gusto for all our payroll. Other employees often use it to view sick days, benefits, pay, and keep all of their personal information up to date. The possibility that all staff can manage their information through this platform, gains a lot of confidence in the employees of our firm.

Pros

The application is really useful, since it manages the personal information of employees efficiently and quickly. It has a beautiful interface that is very intuitive and easy to use. The configuration of the platform is simple and integrates very well with the Xero accounting software.

Cons

It would be very useful in the future if it becomes a multiplatform application (mobile, etc.). Additional services should be included within the application. The application is good, but wanting to have total control of it is costly.

Easier than having an accounting department write checks!

Although it's just a way to pay people, it matters a lot to the recipients. It's a neat and clean way to show your employees that you care by making payday (the reason we all show up) a bit easier to understand.

Pros

This service makes it VERY easy for all our employees to see not only when they were paid but a breakdown of their check. The stats offered are really helpful for employees that want to know where every cent goes that's not being directly put in their bank account. Their payday emails are fun. They are colorful, full of charts, and even include a bit of trivia. These fun emails help employees take an extra minute to review their current info so there is complete transparancy between employer and emplyee.

Cons

The only issue I had was already addressed. They would show your paycheck amount in the email. If someone was standing nearby or saw an open email, they might see something you'd rather keep private. They've recently introduced a link at the bottom of the email that will allow one to hide the paycheck amount in future emails.

Why Gusto is the besto!

Gusto Human ressources management platform that is always evolving. I've been using Gusto for quite some time and it's wonderful at reminding us of important dates like work anniversaries, paydays, and paperwork deadlines. It includes a simple UI and a wallet function that allows you to better manage your money. I've never been dissatisfied with the tool. If you're moving, Gusto also has a powerful tax management feature that helps you calculate your new state or county taxes and connects you with tax software in a simple and informed manner. Gusto keeps track of your paycheck deduction and allows you to make changes as needed.

Pros

- Employee self-onboarding, scalable subscription plans, and the flexibility to handle contractors and off-cycle payments. - Easy and straightforward to use. - clean, simple and modern. - Accurate filings and tax payments. - Great costumer service.

Cons

It's a little costly, and my biggest complaint is that it doesn't provide an offline backup feature. When the internet connection is inadequate, the software cannot be used to its full potential.

Gusto is my favorite app

Gusto is actually my favorite app that I use. I highly recommend Gusto for small, busy employers who want an easy solution to payroll. Their onboarding and support team is AWESOME too! I sound like a fanboy, but I have to tell you what a difference I had between using Wells Fargo Payroll and then switching to Gusto. Gusto sets the bar so high that when I don't get the Gusto experience with my other apps/ services, I miss Gusto.

Pros

Gusto is so easy to use! Gusto makes payroll a breeze!

Cons

Really, I have no complaints (and I usually do have complaints about software).

Gusto: An Integrated HR and Payroll Option Worth Considering

Overall Gusto has proven to be a valuable tool for HR needs and is powerful enough for most organizations.

Pros

Gusto integrates all of the time and attendance, HR, Benefits, and Payroll tasks to create a central HR platform. It does a decent job streamlining across each of these HR-related tasks and is a good solution for smaller organizations. Gusto also integrates well with certain third party platforms to help with accounting and other functions.

Cons

Gusto is a great tool for smaller organizations, but doesn't have fulfill the same level of needs as a more robust HR tool. Like many of these tools the initial setup is cumbersome, but once that is in order things work well.

Love Gusto

Overall I am very happy with Gusto. I love the automatic payments to the state and feds.

Pros

Gusto does a great job of making running payroll easy. The integrations are nice. The service is great. Overall I am very happy with this choice.

Cons

Wish the integrations with Ximble were better. We seem to have a little trouble with this every month. The hours don't come over for every employee so we are constantly double checking and editing the numbers for accuracy.

Great payroll tool for a small business!

Gusto is a great alternative for small businesses where cost is an issue. This is a low priced tool which allows you to avoid spending high costs on other premium payroll and benefits systems.

Pros

We use Gusto for our payroll needs as we are a small business unit. It has been super easy to onboard new employees and get them set up. Our feedback from staff is that they love this tool. They can easily access their paystubs, make changes and view their benefits, time off etc. This is a great low-cost option for self-service payroll. The interface is very fun, friendly and intuitive. Gusto has a great UI and they always include fun facts and images on their home dashboard page. I would definitely recommend this product!

Cons

Unfortunately, we did have an issue with customer service and our new benefits set up. We were told it would be set up and ready to go only to find out that we were misinformed and it would take an additional month to get the benefits set up. It could have been a one time erroneous issue but it did set us back a month and cause some employees to be upset. I think they could improve on their customer service wait time (Monday morning wait times are the worst).

Best HR Service and Tools Software

We have been using Gusto software since a while ago as it's output is completely outstanding when in terms of payroll management, self access portal of employee, Employee related queries, leave management and everything that the HR is responsible for.

Pros

Gusto is the best HR services and HR Tools software that definitely helps us in real time in which it has all the employees payroll management, Employee self access Portal, Employee benefits, Employee attendance and everything and it helps us a lot.

Cons

There's nothing least about this Gusto software as I'd like to request why not they have few fun activities as in the part of theri tools so as to engage all employees.

Very easy-to-use, simple software that does everything I really need it to.

Like I said, I'm not sure what changed, but when we first started with Gusto (mid-2017), the response rate on emails were fantastic. Now, the only time I can get a response via email is if I submit a question and end up calling multiple days later. By the time my email is responded to, I typically have the answer from some other source or from a phone call. Good software with the potential to be great.

Pros

--Very easy to use overall --The dashboard is nice, especially with the notifications --Love the intertwined tax forms --Ability to customize reports --Number of different reports you can run --For the most part, support is very knowledgeable

Cons

The only con I really have is that Gusto used to be so good about responding to email and questions submitted online in a timely manner. Now, I feel like to get anyone to respond, I have to call which isn't a bad thing, but most of the time the person on the other end can't help me directly. They typically have to pass me off or get back to me via email which is what I would like to happen from the get-go.

Has 100% Enabled My Startup

So great. I love Gusto and feel a lot of gratitude towards the product. I've been able to focus on the people on my team and growing my business instead of back office tasks, which has enabled us to grow without tedious pain points and chores.

Pros

Gusto has made HR, payroll, benefits, contractor payments, and tax paperwork almost invisible to me as a startup CEO. We implemented Gusto when it was just me and my cofounder, and it has scaled beautifully to 15 FTE. The messaging and dashboard UX is extremely intuitive and friendly. They do a good job of setting expectations and explaining what is automated vs what you need to do yourself. I have almost never been disappointed by Gusto.

Cons

I love Gusto -- very few CONS to report. I would say that Gusto works best for domestic employees; I don't use Gusto for international contractors (who I pay through paypal and upwork). The only thing Gusto doesn't do for us is our San Francisco compliance paperwork, which I didn't realize and had to pay late fees on.

Gusto Payroll Review

Pros

Gusto is the easiest to use and most intuitive payroll system out there! The support teams are amazing! And setting up a new company takes less than 30 min if you have all the required license numbers. Onboarding a new employee is a breeze. We recommend Gusto to all of our payroll seeking clients.

Cons

Lately it's the constant changes in the menus/features. Outside of that... there are zero cons about Gusto.

Awesome And Effective For Small Businesses

Gusto has provided a safe environment for our management and staff to keep and access company and staff details. The problem of always looking for documents like tax documents has been totally handled by gusto as it makes any document readily accessible.

Pros

Gusto has a simple and easy-to-understand user interface that comes with timely and periodic notifications like birthdays, anniversaries, meetings and other important tailored invents. I love Gusto's referral program which my company has benefited from.

Cons

Gusto needs to reduce the number of emails the software sends. It tends to be confusing at times as we get too many emails particularly, during paydays.