Criteria Reviews - Page 4

Great Service

Very easy to use and able to provide information on a lot of our candidates we wouldn't be able to get during an interview. Some of the assessments even help you determine areas of strengths and weaknesses of a candidate and where to focus your questions for interview.

Pros

They have great customer service from start to finish. There was always a clear representative throughout sales and I was passed on to an account manager who handled our training and any question we had. It makes things easy. I also love how the sales rep and then account manager always have contact information on the site so you can always reach out easily with questions. They are always helpful when you reach out.

Cons

We are a healthcare company and some of the assessments are not as specific to out positions, but there is the capability to add your own assessments. The account manager did try to help us find assessments that fit our needs.

Easy to do business with!

As the title clearly states - they are easy to do business with! They are communicative from the selling process to the ongoing management of our account. We have bi-annual check meetings with our account rep. When we experience challenges, we have quick turn-around times and do not struggle for long.

Pros

As we have moved to more remote work, I'm so glad that we implemented this software at the start of 2020. It took almost a year to review assessment providers, and almost all of them were missing something. Criteria had it all! On top of the great product, the service and the pricing have been phenomenal. We also are very excited when there are additional assessments added. Now that we are through the brunt of the pandemic, we will start leveraging the assessments for development needs on our team. We are targeted to grow by 12% YOY, and we promote on average 14% of our internal talent.

Cons

We had some bumps with building our own assessment, however, no other vendor could do this for us with minimal production costs. Even though we had bumps, it has been worth it to have our needs met. Everything about this product has not only met our expectations, however, has gone above and beyond!

Criteria Exceeded

Pros

Easy to use, highly responsive team, great features and the right price point.

Cons

The job families could be a bit more expansive, but we've used similar roles to meet our needs just fine or have customized our own assessments.

Good Basic Assessments

We have used these tests for candidates we are considering bringing into the company and they have been helpful. They have been easy to get to the candidates and we haven't had any complaints from candidates in regards to accessing the tests. They do provide an additional data point for candidates. We have also used these tests to gauge skills for current employees. They have been helpful in designing development plans.

Pros

Wide variety of skills and personality type assessments. They are easily administered online via an email and a link. Results are available online as well.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to view the actual questions and potential answers to the tests prior to assignment of the tests. There is a description of what the test is measuring, but being able to see the content would give you a much better idea of the method behind the test.

Sr. Talent Advisor for SaaS Firm Applauds Criteria

Making sound hiring decisions is critical in our environment due to the learning curve, we simply do not have the organizational structure to support those that are unable to work autonomously and take the initiative to learn and seek answers to their questions through a wide variety of tools built and revised over 25 years.

Pros

There is nothing that I do not like about this software! It has proven to be invaluable when looking at our retention metrics and the hiring manager's love it for career development as well.

Cons

I am unable to make any recommendations as the software meets our needs and has exceeded our expectations.

Especially Great for High Volume/High Value Hires

Our Customer Success Mgr, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], provided exceptional support during setup and implementation and continues to do so with regular check ins and prompt responses to any inquiries. Recent updates to the assessment summaries make it even easier to read and interpret each candidate's results.

Pros

The deep dive detail the summaries offer for each assessment really allows you to assess a candidate's strengths and weaknesses at a glance. It provides useful info to deep dive into for a follow up interview.

Cons

Customizing your own 'batteries' when creating your assessment package could be a little easier to arrive to. However, once you've gone through the process a few times, it gets easier.

Great Product!

I have no complaints!

Pros

HireSelect is very intuitive and easy to use. I had used HS with a former employer and as soon as I had room in the budget, I implemented the product for my new company. I use the testing, the ATS feature, and the calendar to schedule interviews. Customer Support is top notch and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always quick to help.

Cons

I wish it would integrate more holistically with BambooHR so I could use the feature seamlessly. Other than that, it works great.

User-friendly Reporting!

We are able to narrow down our applicant pool by focusing on the skills and traits that are most important to our company.

Pros

I like how easy it is to read the test results reports and share them with others.

Cons

Maybe that there is not an application-only feature. The Rep had to help us with a work around so that applicants did not have to complete the tests if we were only seeking an application. The application within Criteria Corp replaced our paper application.

Criteria Assessment Tool

Our experience has been very positive and we love the Criteria. We are in a better place to identify if a candidate is likely to be successful in our customer success environment.

Pros

It was very easy to deploy and quickly replaced the system we were using.

Cons

I tried to create my own assessment but I did not like the way the delivered score looked. It may have been customizable but I did not attempt to review again.

Intuitive, great recruiting tool

pre-employment testing

Pros

Very easy to use, easy to create bundles for the different positions, I can keep track of the candidates

Cons

I wish there were more tests to choose from.

Promoter

Hands down I would recommend them to others looking to use the pre-employment software. The product is solid and the customer service can't be beaten.

Pros

HireSelect is a great company. Their software platform is solid and provides an invaluable resource to make hiring decisions with less risk and more insight into a candidate's capabilities and fit. My favorite part of working with them though is their customer service. It is outstanding and above and beyond the level of support I receive from any other vendors I've worked with throughout my career. They are responsive, highly competent, and very willing to make adjustments to the software that better serve our needs as customers.

Cons

They recently rolled out a new platform and there were a few technical issues that were quickly addressed (so that's not actually a problem, but another nod to their support and responsiveness). They do have one issue that they are still addressing which is that their testing services don't always work without error on Explorer or Edge internet browsers. It's a minor issue as we've simply started telling candidates to take it on another browser instead. That's the only reason for me giving them a 4 on quality, otherwise, I'm definitely a huge promoter of HireSelect.

Fantastic Tool for Assessemnts

Pros

The assessments currently offered by Hireselect are fantastic. We have found the Employee Personality Profile and Aptitude assessments particularly useful in providing critical insights into our candidate's work style, ability to problem solve, learn new information, and their current skill level. The tool is very easy to use and customize to your needs. We often use the suggested interview questions...

Cons

The only short-coming is the possibilities with the self-service reporting/data. More options to customize your reporting would be great. However, this is not something that is hindering enough to deter us from continuing to use hireselect.

VERY happy with this tool - use it daily and love it!

This helps me out tremendously with screening applicants. They can no longer say they are proficient in "all office programs" if they aren't.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. Creating new tests and sending the link for applicants is very simple.

Cons

There are a few things that could be easier to find but once you learn how to navigate its fine.

Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!

HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros

HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons

HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

How to take the sting out of recruiting!

HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros

When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons

There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

Criteria Assessments Review

The assessments act as a critical piece of our interview process and it's been very helpful.

Pros

I like the ease of use for users and candidates.

Cons

Would like to see a leadership assessment created.

Excellent Product

With Hireselect we were able to recruit candidates that would work well in our work environment and culture. This has helped our turnover rate go from 75% to 25% in one year. We found a way to use the pre-screening tests to help us select candidates who have excellent work ethic and are eager to grow with the company. We ended up testing our entire staff to come up with a baseline to use for our hiring process. It worked out well and for the first time in 10 years, we have been able to retain employees for more that 2 years at a time. This was a major development for us.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to manage as an administrator.

Cons

Not easily integrated or have the ability to customized some features.

Hiring Process Dramatically Improved

We have been a customer for about 4-5 years and consider it to be money well spent, an affordable tool to help a small business perform the hiring function on an as needed basis.

Pros

Very simple setup and user friendly for a non-HR professional. We hire sporadically, so this tool helps us to manage the process when we have positions to fill. The email received when a new application comes in is very helpful and makes sure we do not miss incoming applications. It was also very easy to get the site linked up to our website so we can receive online applications through our company website. Tech support has always been responsive when needed, but they did such a good job with setup and maintenance, I rarely need them. The preemployment testing has dramatically improved our screening of applicants to offer interviews to bring greater efficiency to the hiring process.

Cons

This is my first experience with a hiring process software, it has met our needs, so no complaints.

My two sense

It is a great way to screen people in order to see if we want to take them to the next level in the hiring process. We have learned a lot about the tests from all the applicants and from having our really good loyal employees take the test and then were able to see things that stand out and help our hiring process or Lean it out a bit.

Pros

Simplistic and ask many questions rather than just a few.

Cons

I do not like how on the EPP test in the results it says no position selected. It would be nice to see maybe how long it was taking an applicant to answer question or do the entire test to see if they are just not reading and putting zero thought into their answers or if they are diligently reading and putting thought into each question asked. I think this would help decide if an employee is rushing or is able to take their time, care and answer to the best of their ability. Right now I feel this test is a bit of a waste and does really absolutely nothing for me when there just isn't something more for me to base my decision on a stranger.