holaSpirit Reviews

4.62/5 (89 reviews)

Adele gavin

It has really helped us organize and shorten our staff meetings

Reviewed 2017-12-07

Pros
That it tracks projects so you don't have to take endless meeting minutes that no one ever reads. It is helpful that it sends out an email of the outputs of the meetings. It really helps to be able to orgaize all the projects of all the employees on my team so that I can track what everyone is working on. I also like that the energy goes to current active projects rather than wasting time on stalled or irrelevant projects.

Cons
Sometimes it's hard to find which screen something is on. Also it won't let you just check off an agenda item without opening it. It would be nice to just be able to check off some without opening them.

Normand Lemire

Easy to use with a good visual for Holacracy or Teal.

Reviewed 2017-11-07

Pros
easy to use . Has a build-in knowledge base for Holacracy terminology, explanations of the meeting , process roles and much more. Very usefull for the beginners. Also the editor has demonstrated a open minded philosophy to improve his software. Not a closed system such as Glassfrog. We did a comparison of the two softwares and choose Holaspirit. we use the french version.

Cons
The overall view of the main circle and sub-circle can be confusing if you are not familiar . When you are in a meeting if you look for a specific role of another circle, you get out of the meeting and have to go back after.

Ramon Warmerdam

holaSpirit review

Reviewed 2018-10-15

We have adopted Holacracy 2 years ago and use holaSpirit to describe our company's organization, circles, roles, accountabilities, domains, policies and purposes.

Pros
It's very easy to use and all content looks very customer friendly.

Cons
Some of the translations into Dutch are not fully correct yet.

Marcel Wiedemeier

Extremely responsive support team

Reviewed 2017-09-05

Fast, reliable and easy to use software to support our implementation of Holacracy.

Pros
Easy to use, fast, reliable - provides great guidance to implement Holacracy. Extremenly responsive support team. Public Trello roadmap. Philippe and his team listen to customers and implemented SAML-SSO on very short notice.

Cons
Few point-to-point integrations rather than frameworks (Zappier, Flow, IFTT), unable to link to individual policies.

Angela Renata Spiro

It helped me to understand Holacracy even better.

Reviewed 2018-05-24

Knowledge of Holacracy, ease of work, clear vision of my job.

Pros
I really like the ease of use of this app. Holaspirit really helped me to understand Holacracy better from its informative graphics (circles, accountabilty, domain, etc). As someone who came from a really structured work environment I really needed help to understand Holacracy and Holaspirit helped me with it.

Cons
As a leader in 2 non profit organizations I would love to introduce Holacracy to my peers and I am sure Holaspirit is the right tool however they don't have a free version which would really help me to introduce the system.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Christian Delez

Our association is organised via holaSpirit and we love it!

Reviewed 2017-08-15

Clarity, speed of organising ourselves, efficiency, fun.

Pros
Self-organisation means structure. Holacracy with Holaspirit is our way to do it and document it, and to make it transparent to anyone who needs to know about it, and this is a big advantage! The team is reactive for both support and feature request. The backlog, KB, information is public which is fully aligned with transparency policy and I really appreciate it.

Cons
I would love to have some video tutorials. I would like an office visual export of a picture of the circles at each level to satisfy my appetite for historical snapshots...

Louis-Michel Mathurin

A must have when implementing Holacracy

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Pros
It cover what we needed to support our Holacracy implementation. The support team is doing an amazing job supporting us when needed. As a customer we are feeling that the development them is listening to us when features are requested.

Cons
Something certain features are not intuitive at first use, example the badge support. But the documentation is there to understand how to use the feature.

Adrian Bucher

Great layout & design, very customer driven support organization and fast adoption of customer needs

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
It is so easy to use. Usability and design are very intuitiv and support my daily work on Holacracy issues.

Cons
The compatibility with IE is not the best, so I had to use Chrome or Firefox. Window freezes decreased.

Ralph Höfliger

very helpful to run a Holacracy org.

Reviewed 2017-11-02

It helpes to setup and run a holacracy organisation

Pros
holaSpirit has all key functionality needed to run Holacracy in an organisation. It is very easy to use, no training needed. It is continuously enhanced with new functionalities. The developers listen to the clients/users

Cons
Holacracy is still a hierarchy (nested circles/roles, 1:n), and quite rigid. What we need are selforganised networks, n:n, flexible, agile. There are other frameworks like Sociocracy 3.0 which have rhis flexibility. Would be super cool to be able to map n:n networks with holaSpirit

Daniel Kapitan

Switched from Glassfrog, definitely improvement

Reviewed 2018-11-10

I've worked with Holacracy for over three years now. Started off with Glassfrog, which is good to get the hang of it. Holaspirit provides more flexibility and integrations. Also pricing was more attractive

Pros
- intuitive UI - 'badges' as way to track competenties and skills related to self-organization - integrations

Cons
- some minor bugs, like order in which projects are shown (being resolved)

Alessandra Carlevaro

Great support for Holacracy application

Reviewed 2017-09-11

Pros
Easy to use! Find function work without leave the current function (ie tactical meeting, governance meeting). Good minute after meetings. Good integration with appear.it

Cons
Actions do not have reminders. Sometime the update make by secretary in governance meeting are not updated to other and we need to change stage of meeting then return on the correct stage.

Luca Gambetti

Seamless experience, it is always clear what I need to do or what information I need

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Pros
Great user interface. All the features needed to implement Holacracy are there. I can export all of my governance records in a standard format. Plenty of integrations available.

Cons
It is a pity we still not have an integrated app in order to check my governance data everywhere. I would like also to tag domains and accountabilities for further reasoning.

Luc Bretones

Very good SaaS for distributed management organization

Reviewed 2019-03-26

The interface is very intuitive and easy to understand so that you can focus on the managment and human side of the project. The support team @ holaspirit is reactive -> we can move forward at our pace.

Pros
Friendly UX/UI - Vizualisation of roles is amazing, Nice function in holaSpirit is the CanBan board, I like the task management option.

Cons
The data import should be automated (I understood this feature is coming soon)

Philippe BREL

A very convenient product for your Holacratic organization

Reviewed 2019-03-14

We had more than one year of implementing Holacracy without any specific software. Of course, it has worked but we had some confusion about the documents and the works in progress in every Circle. When we finally decided to use Holaspirit, it has made things much easier to follow and to work with, and this from the very beginning.

Pros
Very easy to use, and to share among your staff. It is a good help to make people having new meeting habits, and to share the results of every meeting.

Cons
They could improve the product adding strategy meeting in the menu. But it is also possible to live without it

Danilo Fascio

That's the one (for now) :D

Reviewed 2019-03-21

I find holaSpirit better than the other products with the same opportunity to explore. I use it to keep and manage the structure of the organization I'm part of. I also suggest it to my clients since I'm a self-management consultant.

Pros
Very good visually Todoist integration Amazing user support Ease of use, good user experience Constant development of the product Asynchronous governance tensions resolution

Cons
Huge focus on a specific social technology (Holacracy, even at the product name!) Only one productivity tool integration (todoist) No mobile experience option

David Keusch

Great tool for daily work with circle

Reviewed 2019-02-19

Pros
- Easy to use - Great functions - Perfect for our holacracy processes - Nice overview over all circles

Cons
- Overview over my current roles not structured

Edward Ter Horst

Perfect tool, great integration with other apps

Reviewed 2017-12-01

Pros
Very logical setup, very intuitive and easy to use. I love the integration with other apps.

Cons
More insights in projects and tasks of others. More insight in metrics and checklists of other roles

Kenza Bennani

Easy and intuitive

Reviewed 2017-12-05

Pros
User experience, I find the roles of my team easily, I create meetings quickly without wasting time

Cons
The green color (sorry)

Leoncio Nascimento

our meeting is getting more and more fast and focused!!

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Pros
the navigation on plataform, the company view and fast access to all important information. We can manage things rapidly!!

Cons
doesn't have a on screen help and infos about functions, it would be helpful to my colleges that dont have familiarity with online plataforms.

Serge Rohani

All you need to rock in holacracy or agile organization !

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
holaspirit is complete with many in-app help. The circles view is very useful for employees to discover the organization structure not by its hierarchy side but by its jobs organization and interactions. The meeting view is also very useful for teams to be synchronized.

Cons
Need just few user interface minor improvements to be the perfect app. For instance make the main side bar much more user-centric or increase the size of the smallest texts at a few places.

Osakr Dohrau

great, easy to use, quick response,

Reviewed 2018-04-02

transparency of accountabilities in our company with a minimum effort

Pros
- easy communcation with support - no learning necessary - access to helpfull resources - multilanguage for internat. teams

Cons
- the strenght is also a weakness - I want to use role model for S3 and in general w/o Holacracy process, that is currently not possible but should come soon - fair licence model, but we will need viewers for externals/project teams

Daniel Kapitan

Best Holacracy app that I know

Reviewed 2018-05-09

I have been practicing Holacracy for over two years now at various companies. Often I was also responsible for choosing the right software tool. After using glassfrog, we switched to holaSpirit because it supports more integrations and allows you to adapt the constitution.

Pros
Serene and clear user interface Works intuitively from day one Gets you started with Holacracy, and allows you to adapt more advance governance rules Value for money Many different integrations

Cons
Settings are in different places (per account, per circle) which can be confusing Not yet possible to have multiple subtask per project (on roadmap)

HFC De Torbal

Great

Reviewed 2019-09-06

Solving intransparancy. Creating better teamwork, focus etc.

Pros
Easy to use, great overall insight. Easy to search and find.

Cons
The Colors are a bit pale. Could use more brightness

Nancy Delhalle

Holaspirit is for us the perfect tool for the integration and operation of the Holacracy principles

Reviewed 2017-11-15

Implementation of the Holacracy principles.

Pros
Our company is convinced of the Holacracy benefit, Holaspirit is for us the perfect tool for the integration and operation of these principles within our communication agency, active in three countries. The tool is complete, available in several languages and the helpdesk is very efficient and responsive. I highly recommend Holaspirit.

Cons
To understand Holaspirit, it is necessary to master the basics of Holacracy. In this context, a user manual with tutorials would be a plus.

Anonymous

HolaSpirit optimizes reunions and boosts efficiency of our Circle by solve tensions

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Efficiency, organization, a tool which allow to never forget a tension, and, overall, which force the the Role or the Circle to anticipate or adopt a solution.

Pros
Useful during reunions (we use wall projector screen) of our Circle. I enjoy to recap all tensions and actions to solve it by an automatic e-mail.

Cons
No really problems, just a necessary time to learn how to use it. I would add that it could be interesting to have a look to other Circles and including in it tensions for them while it appears to be tensions not from our Circle.