Homebase Reviews - Page 3

More than just employee time tracking

We started using Homebase for employee time tracking, but there are several features we have started to rely on and are really useful. Mainly posting new jobs on multiple job boards and tracking applicants. Also, this has become our tool for employee communications. I have talked to companies like Paychex that have similar product offerings, but they are much more expensive.

Pros

The core feature we needed was employee time tracking, but we have started using this for team communication and posting new jobs and tracking applicants.

Cons

I wish I could easier audit when the manager edits clock ins and clock outs.

Good stuff

Pros

I really like the geo clock and functioning with employees using their mobile phones instead of store equipment

Cons

Cost and reporting could be more detailed to be more HR equipped

Great addition to my management tools

Homebase is invaluable to me. It's very convenient and user friendly.

Pros

Homebase is a must-have for me. I do the schedule, communicate with team members and prospective hires and it integrates with square for spot number analysis.

Cons

Team members have given me feedback that it's has been occasionally glitchy to sign in and rarely to clock in. Thankfully there is the web time clock option as an alternative when that happens. I am not sure if this has been resolved, b/c no one has complained of this in the last month at the time of this writing.

So close to perfect, but still missing some features that are very important to us.

Very good. I

Pros

Very easy to set up. Very easy to use. I just had to add on another location we just opened and it was so straight forward. I had it set up in minutes.

Cons

I've brought this same concern up for over two years when I talk to support specialist. When I do my annual reviews, I want to quickly be able to get to the data that shows how many times an employee was late, left his shift early or called out sick. I need that for a 365 day period. Also, we have 7 locations and approximately 130 employees. About 10-20% of those employees move from store to...

Perfect For Small Crews and Small Businesses

I came across Homebase after searching for an affordable, user friendly scheduling software that would replace my company's outdated system. It works very well with small handful of employees, and they improve their system over time.

Pros

Homebase works much like an Excel spreadsheet...but easier and minimalistic. There are not as many services out there as one might think, and most of them are meant to organize hundreds of employees. Homebase seems to have been made for smaller businesses and crews, with an interface that is easy to work with.

Cons

Printing. Printing the schedule directly from the program was, at first, a nightmare, and the same can be said for sharing the finished schedule with others. Now, however, Homebase has made their integrations more robust ,and there exist more format features.

Amazing Solution for Small Nonprofit

If it wasn't for the free option, as well as the Clover integration, we would still be manually recording employees' hours. Since we're able to use a digital solution, I'm can pull timesheets and submit payroll from anywhere. As a very small team, my day to day varies drastically — but as long as I have my phone or laptop with me, I never have to worry about accessing employee timecards.

Pros

As a small nonprofit museum, the best part of the software is the availability of a free version. It has all the basic necessities of a digital time clock, plus it is integrated into our Clover register and employees can download the app to clock-in for remote work.

Cons

Our pay schedule isn't normal. Instead of being weekly or bi-weekly, we run payroll twice a month (on the 15th and the last day of the month). THANKFULLY, there is an option for this in the settings, but the dates that our payroll periods begin on isn't the same from one month to the next. So, every pay period I have to go into the settings on a web browser and update the start dates. Unfortunately, the only solution that Homebase could provide is a more complex algorithm that would take into account what the last day of the month is, as well as adjusting the date if it falls on a weekend since our payroll company process the pay run on Friday instead of the exact date if that date falls on a Saturday or Sunday.

Overall great team communication software

We have been using it for over 2 years and we have explored other options but always come back to basecamp because it is easy to use, cost-effective, and reliable.

Pros

keyword search options, project creation for teams, to-do lists, individual communications with team members, the fee includes unlimited team members (a big selling point for an agency on a budget),

Cons

The only flaw I can think of is I wish that customer service had live chat.

HomeBase Scheduling is the Bomb

Scheduling is always a pain to make sure shifts are adequately covered. HomeBase make this headache so much simpler to handle.

Pros

Ease if use, adaptability, manager notification, team communication, documentation of absence, mobile access, etc. are all so easy to use and makes life easier for scheduling coverage for shifts.

Cons

Some reporting features are hard to understand how to run them. Also for additional features, it requires upgrading to more expensive subscriptions.

The features we need, and not ones we don't, at affordable price.

Very helpful customer service-- they have gotten back to me within 5 minutes every time I have used the chat feature.

Pros

Unlimited users. Free COVID screening questions until September. Easy to copy schedule from one week to the next.

Cons

Takes a while to find all the different places to block notifications. I was getting 30 or 40 a day, about features we weren't using.

Homebase Employing Scheduling App

Ease of scheduling has been the absolute best benefit from using HB. There is an initial learning curve then it's easy. I also love keeping all the employee info, payroll, schedules and messaging all in one place.

Pros

Most importantly, our employees love using the app for following their schedule and trading/covering shifts. I think there would be a mutiny if we stopped using HB. As a regional manager watching over 3 stores, I refused to do scheduling anymore until we went with an app. After researching many different ones, Homebase won and it's been close to 3 happy years using it.

Cons

As Homebase has grown as a company, the support system and ease of use has improved; and it wasn't bad to begin with. We had some challenges with interfacing with Square, our POS, but that was more on Square's end and has mostly been resolved. We were only disconnected once in the past 6 months.

Easy to roll out and feature rich for non-HR people

My overall experience with Homebase has been very positive. It's saved me countless hours by automating and organizing a task that we used to do by hand in spreadsheets. It has also helped employees become more accountable and allows me to have a better idea of their performance.

Pros

The short learning curve and ease of implementation for a first time timeclock user were most appreciated. The phone app was very well received by my employees. The clean design of the user interface is very well done.

Cons

Setting up a repeating template is still clunky and more hands-on than I would like, although they've made some incremental improvements to it. It would be nice if when I approve time off for an employee, it would automatically remove the time they're scheduled for instead of me having to track down the conflict and adjust the schedule by hand. Finally, I've noticed a bug in the browser when viewing timesheets- the new date selector often times simply does not update the timesheets shown when I select a specific pay period, and I have to select the date range by hand.

Homebase is amazing for our business

I believe that Homebase hit it out of the park with this app. The cost and usability are great. I would recommend this app to anyone that needs to track employees hours and other employee info.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has been very helpful to track our employees time and also to create and deploy our schedules. Also for tracking labor it is very useful.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. That is why I keep using it.

Clocking In for Homebase

Overall, this software does it is supposed to do. As long as it tracks my hours and when I clock in and out, I can't complain. Everything is easy to use through the app.

Pros

We use Homebase as the timeclock for our company. All of the hourly-paid emplyees use it. It does what it needs to do, it clocks me in and out to get paid.

Cons

Can't compain about Homebase. It does what it needs to do. It clocks me in and out at work. I need to clock in to get paid.

Homebase for Aquatics

This has made scheduling so easy for me and my team. Time sheets are also easier and less time consuming.

Pros

Homebase makes my scheduling so easy. I do not have a schedule that repeats itself from week to week for any of my employees. Homebase has made it easy for me to keep track of all of my departments and schedule them with ease. I love that I can create a template to use for my schedules and just assign shifts to my team as needed. It was very easy to implement this when we first started with Homebase. The color coding on the schedules makes it easy for my team to know what they are doing.

Cons

It is sometimes temperamental and hard to clock in and out of on your phone. It will kick you out of homebase where you have to relog in and that takes time. That is sometimes due to our wifi here at our facility, but the geo fence acts up at times too.

Yes I recommend but would like to see a few changes

Good. I recommend to others.

Pros

It is very easy to use and to train staff to use. I appreciate the multiple features.

Cons

The message feature leaves a lot to be desired. While the feature is essential to our team and used almost daily, it is cumbersome. For example, I message one team member. After time passes I would like to delete the message- for good. Instead after I delete that message the next time I message that one team member the old message thread reappears (from archive) and if I have deleted every comment in the former thread- it shows those bubbles saying deleted comment by me. YUCK- i do not like. The new pop up while in the scheduling portion. Anytime I change the schedule it asks if I want to repeat even if changing only one day. Then it takes another click to say no to the box asking that is a quarter size of the page. Please add a do not ask again check box to this.

Homebase makes scheduling more productive and simpler

definitely like the ease of it, it's simple and makes our scheduling productive and its done with a quick copy and paste and a few minor changes. Saves me so much time, and time is valuable in my shoes.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how user friendly it is. It really allows my team to be able to see their schedule on their own time, so simple for them to message me or other teammates. It's so easy for them to request time off, or update their hours. Really helped me out with these tasks that used to be a pain.

Cons

I wish there were ways to set up reminder. Like birthdays, anniversaries, etc for the admin or manager. It would be nice if we could upload documents and employee file notes on this system to make management life easier.

Homebase needs one more thing!

Pros

Easy to use. Some great features. Only used customer service once so far but they were very helpful that time.

Cons

We started this program at a restaurant, we then added a theater, then another restaurant (different one) and finally we have added a hotel. It works great for all of the above. We changed the POS system we use for the buffet and the sit-down restaurant and Homebase is not compatible with that program (R-Power). It would be so much more helpful if it worked with that program so that we could track our staffing costs along with revenue. It would make the system perfect for us if they added this feature. We could change to a different program that works with R-Power, but we were already familiar with this program and we wanted to use the same program across all of our properties. We are a family owned business and simplicity and cost effectiveness are very important to us.

Great product for the money!!

When I was searching for this type of service I could not believe the expense. Finding homebase has been a blessing. Now that I have upgraded to meet all of my needs. I may have to shop again as I do find it a bit pricy for the extra services.

Pros

The integration with gusto when it was working. Time keeping is so easy. Almost employees can operate without issues. Love the gps. Best product for the money!!!

Cons

The major jump in price to not allow everyone to see other schedules. My managers can still see labor cost. The inconsistency with the integration to gusto. I believe is Gusto’s issue. I have reached out to them to ask them to look into it.

Great platform

Always been great. I have used many different similar platforms, this by far has exceeded everything I needed.

Pros

The cost and ease of use of the platform

Cons

I have not experienced anything I do not like about it.

Easy to use, affordable and convinient

Pros

I love how Home base is very easy to navigate. There are lots of features that help manage employees and keep up with reports. For house keeping industry I find it makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

No cons about Home base but if they would allow for more employee details in Team set up that would be awesome and beneficial.

Customizable Pricing Plans

The only benefit for us right now is to have the time clock.

Pros

I like the time clock feature, but that is basically all that we use in our "plan" because most of the other features don't apply to us.

Cons

I wish you could customize your different pricing options a little bit more. We could really use the vacation tracking along with customizable breaks, but can't justify paying significantly more for the next level as we won't use ANYTHING else that is included. For example, for our company we would use the scheduling calendar, the time clock to track hours & breaks, along with being able to add 'Holiday'...

Simply the best

Great, saves time and keeps people up today with the ever changing schedule of a seasonal recreational business.

Pros

How easy it is to have staff clock in and out. I also love how easy it is to fix hours when staff forget to clock in or out.

Cons

When setting up schedules you can not just copy one employee from week to week.

Fit our small business scheduling needs

We've loved the repeat schedule option and the way it integrates into our POS system. This has probably saved me several hours a week in scheduling and payroll tasks.

Pros

Before Homebase, we were using a spreadsheet to figure out schedules. Now we can easily schedule out a few weeks, allow employees to put in leave requests, and control clock ins and clock outs.

Cons

It's been a bit tricky trying to export Homebase data into Paychex for payroll. I also would love to have more of the analytics wrapped into the basic paid package, since managing labor costs against revenue is one of the biggest issues for a small food service business.

Excellent all around labor management tool

Love it! The software functionality has grown as our business has grown. The few times we needed customer support the Homebase team has been wonderful to deal with.

Pros

The daily dashboard and ability to create custom departments and roles makes implementation very easy.

Cons

No employee document storage, however, I believe that has been addressed recently

Have used free version for our mental health nonprofit for 2+ years

Pros

As the ED of a young nonprofit I wear a lot of hats. Homebase, offering a free version that is easy to use for schedules, clocking hours, payroll, etc., has made my life significantly easier without a price tag.

Cons

Keeping in mind we use the free version, of course I would love more of the paid features to be included. Maybe fewer pop up. But the fact it is free trumps any of that stuff.