Homebase Logo

Free employee scheduling, time tracking, and more.

Homebase Reviews - Page 3

1,022 reviews

JJ

Jordan J.

Good

Easy to use. A bit slow when loading some pages, such as the applications page. Some parts don’t work as well as they should.

Pros

I like that I can easily see and adjust people’s schedules. I like that they get notifications that their shift is coming up. The push to my calendar is also a plus. Onboarding is simple. It’s well thought out.

Cons

I’d like to be able to write mock schedules. I know Homebase integrates with some POS, but it doesn’t with mine. It would also be great if there was discount for multiple stores under the same account. Adding photos to a message sometimes does not work. Could we get the ability to have a separate message stream even if it’s to the same group of people?

CO

Christy O.

Definitely worth it

Overall this product and customer support have been great!

Pros

The reason that I started using g homebase was because it is linked to Square. However, even if I stopped using square I would still use homebase!

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to configure and very time consuming to drill down to the data we need

AV

Angela V.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

One of the best software tools out there for small businesses

Scheduling, Clock in and outs, communication with employees, hiring - I use Homebase for all these features. I've made a couple of suggestions along the way and their customer support is superior. I feel heart or they find a solution for me that I didn't think of. Hands down, this is one of the best software decisions I've made for my company.

Pros

The scheduling feature and time clock were the two most important features in implementing this software. But since then, the Hiring feature has become so valuable. Honestly every feature they offer is superb and what a great value.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

KK

Kalen K.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Homebase - a versatile tool that probably does what you need (& more)

All in all homebase's functionality does a great service to our small business as a tour company with erratic hours and at different pay scales. The payroll integration with Gusto is key here.

Pros

Homebase's integration with our Gusto payroll service makes this a critical piece of our business. The ability to select different pay grades for different jobs, and to send messages about shifts is also a major plus.

Cons

It can feel cluttered if you only need it for a few features (it can do a lot), and the app's need to access employees' location on their device can make for a clunky experience at times (i.e. if they generally keep their location off, or miss the second step of the confirmation screen).

PW

Paden W.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Love the APP! Wish you had cheaper monthly subscription options

Great! Just wish I could afford pro.

Pros

We love the software. It allows us to schedule, save info, talk to employees, and hire! I would love to have the pro feature but we simply cannot afford over $300 a month just to schedule and speak to employees. I’m a VERY small business and that takes about all the left over money I have at the end of the month.

Cons

The price, it also has been glitching ALOT. Most days I can’t see the schedule I created. The app will appear blank as if nothing has been created. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and still experience issues. The fact you can’t have multiple managers to adjust the schedule SUCKS. I am always signed in under my husbands profile to adjust the schedule. Please fix this. So many company’s would love this new permission set.

HB

Heather B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Happy Manager

The homebase team has been nothing but helpful and supportive, and are always willing to take suggestions.

Pros

I love that there is an app connected to the schedule and other features! A huge plus is my team being able to put in their own time off, and request shift trades or covers through the app as well.

Cons

The scheduler can run slowly, and it would be nice to be able to organize job applicants a little better.

KR

Kaitlynn R.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

The Features I Need for Free

Pros

I get to schedule employees and they get to see it on their phones, check schedules, ask for time off, trade shifts, and get reminded to come to work an hour before their shift starts! I can change timecards on the back end if I need to, see how many hours I have scheduled, and estimate what payroll will be. It's easy to clock in and out in the app and Homebase keeps up with the times for pertinent questions to ask when they clock in.

Cons

Trying to shedule a shift from the app will make the schedule go off. You put in one time and then it changes it 2 hours for some reason, not a big deal, it usually schedule from my laptop anyway.

CC

Claire C.

Helpful and Easy Communication

We switched from Slack because homebase puts scheduling/time-off requests/shift trades all in one place and allows employees to do some of that work on their own. Hooray!

Pros

I love the ease of communication Homebase allows with employees. No need to exchange personal numbers and all of the communication is one place. Also allows employees to clock in and out from their devices which is awesome when your the point of sale is also the clock and out spot. This way, we don't have to interupt the workflow to clock in and out. Also really like how Homebase shows your earnings per shift. No guess work at what your hourly paycheck will be!

Cons

My biggest complaint is just that there seems be a lag between the time you check a notification and the time it takes to refresh. So the app will show that I have a new notification when it's actually something I have already checked on. Not a huge deal, but makes me feel like I'm missing something when I'm really not. I could also live without a notification asking if I have clocked out of my shift any time I work past by specified hours. For Example, shift ends at 11:30 but I don't clock out until 11:45 - I get at least one if not 2 text asking if I forgot to clock out.

HK

Harris K.

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

Undeniable benefits of Homebase

Homebase plays a vital role in ensuring smooth and efficient running of businesses by improving visibility and communication around scheduling process reducing frustrations and increasing productivity.

Pros

Honestly, streamlining the process of scheduling of employees was my major challenge as a newbie. With time and the help of Homebase software, I have made this one of my pillars in building a popular business in the market with the increasing need for a more efficient way to schedule employees. It simplifies the process and lets you handle all your scheduling needs in one place. It also helps in improving visibility when it comes to staffing by replacing traditional methods which were notoriously inefficient.

Cons

In project management, I have realized that it is hard to see the available members for optimization of team's utilization. Otherwise, I like the tool.

ME

Martha E.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

If you own a business, you must have Homebase.

It was a life safer for us. one of our employees demolished our former time clock system. I went online to find something to save us, that we could afford, covid 19 had us closed for 2 months. No money coming in. There your company was, easy to set up, could use any where we could get on internet, we have 10 computers in the building.

Pros

The Time Clock. is very vital to us. Also the fact that it shows the break. It shows me if they didn't clock out for there break. our employees are told when they are hired, if you don't take you break.... thanks for the donation, it will be subtracted from your time. The scheduling is just as important, people need to know when they work, it is wonderful that it goes to there phones, not just hanging on a wall, for them to say, " I didn't know"

Cons

I really really wish I could copy and paste in the scheduling part.

AS

Anthony S.

Great Scheduler and Time tracker

Pros

I use the free version and the functions and customer support are excellent. I have called them several times and they always answer and always solve the problem. For free you cannot get much better.

Cons

The free version lacks a few features I would like to use, such as time card saving and managing how far before the shift an employee can log in. The problem I have is the paid plans are too expensive. The pricing goes from zero to expensive to very expensive. There is no mid tier pricing for someone like me that wants a few extra features.

SG

Scott G.

We LOVE Homebase!

Homebase is the best scheduling platform I’ve used since I’ve been in the business nearly 20 years.

Pros

Homebase has all of the features that our small business needs from scheduling, to forecasting, employee messaging, business development tools, and it is all incredibly intuitive and easy to use! I’ve used several scheduling platforms over the years and we’ll stick with Homebase from here on out!

Cons

There’s nothing to not like about this product. The customer service is top notch so if you ever have an issue, it will be resolved to your satisfaction and they’re always inquiring about potential features we may be interested in.

DC

Daniel C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Multitool for time and attendance

I am an early adopter and have watched the software development from version 1. It has grown quite a bit and I have referred 15-20 other businesses. Though they never mention me for a referral bonus.

Pros

I love the scheduling and time and attendance features. I like the flexibility and the abilities of my team to control their own schedule and time off.

Cons

I dislike that the only feature I require from the next tier (+$20 per month) is different job codes so I just don't use it. I renegotiate payrate and time to achieve payrate differential for alternate job descriptions. It it was a weekly issue, I would switch products... that's how serious of a flaw it it. Also, Shift Ratings are a good idea but the functionality to retrieve their comments is clunky and I only remember to search it out once a month. It just makes it a throw away feature.

JB

Jason B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

More than just employee time tracking

We started using Homebase for employee time tracking, but there are several features we have started to rely on and are really useful. Mainly posting new jobs on multiple job boards and tracking applicants. Also, this has become our tool for employee communications. I have talked to companies like Paychex that have similar product offerings, but they are much more expensive.

Pros

The core feature we needed was employee time tracking, but we have started using this for team communication and posting new jobs and tracking applicants.

Cons

I wish I could easier audit when the manager edits clock ins and clock outs.

Anna S.

Good stuff

Pros

I really like the geo clock and functioning with employees using their mobile phones instead of store equipment

Cons

Cost and reporting could be more detailed to be more HR equipped

DP

Dan P.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Out grew it. Seems like it is more for food services industry instead of Technology Consulting services. We got away with stretching the functionality for our needs (like having to make everyone a manager). It was good for the year we used it with about 8-10 people, but now that I have rolled out company wide, it just wasnt the tool for us going forward

Pros

cost and initial functionality for what we needed

VJ

Valerie J.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Great addition to my management tools

Homebase is invaluable to me. It's very convenient and user friendly.

Pros

Homebase is a must-have for me. I do the schedule, communicate with team members and prospective hires and it integrates with square for spot number analysis.

Cons

Team members have given me feedback that it's has been occasionally glitchy to sign in and rarely to clock in. Thankfully there is the web time clock option as an alternative when that happens. I am not sure if this has been resolved, b/c no one has complained of this in the last month at the time of this writing.

HW

Henry W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Perfect For Small Crews and Small Businesses

I came across Homebase after searching for an affordable, user friendly scheduling software that would replace my company's outdated system. It works very well with small handful of employees, and they improve their system over time.

Pros

Homebase works much like an Excel spreadsheet...but easier and minimalistic. There are not as many services out there as one might think, and most of them are meant to organize hundreds of employees. Homebase seems to have been made for smaller businesses and crews, with an interface that is easy to work with.

Cons

Printing. Printing the schedule directly from the program was, at first, a nightmare, and the same can be said for sharing the finished schedule with others. Now, however, Homebase has made their integrations more robust ,and there exist more format features.

BD

Bob D.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

So close to perfect, but still missing some features that are very important to us.

Very good. I

Pros

Very easy to set up. Very easy to use. I just had to add on another location we just opened and it was so straight forward. I had it set up in minutes.

Cons

I've brought this same concern up for over two years when I talk to support specialist. When I do my annual reviews, I want to quickly be able to get to the data that shows how many times an employee was late, left his shift early or called out sick. I need that for a 365 day period. Also, we have 7 locations and approximately 130 employees. About 10-20% of those employees move from store to...

BK

Bryce K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Overall great team communication software

We have been using it for over 2 years and we have explored other options but always come back to basecamp because it is easy to use, cost-effective, and reliable.

Pros

keyword search options, project creation for teams, to-do lists, individual communications with team members, the fee includes unlimited team members (a big selling point for an agency on a budget),

Cons

The only flaw I can think of is I wish that customer service had live chat.

JV

Jessie V.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Homebase

It was ok. Not great. But ok. If functionality could take a step up it would be great.

Pros

In theory many of the functions were great on homebase. The alerts, allowing managers to handle the schedule, and remote sign in were some of the reasons we went with the product. We also loved the break calculator.

Cons

There are features that just done work well. We turned off the text messages but still receive texts about people forgetting to sign out or hitting overtime. Managers can’t see all needed reports. And there were a few times things just completely didn’t work. It would be nice is Homebase reminded people to take breaks at a certain time etc.

AB

Ash B.

Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees

Amazing Solution for Small Nonprofit

If it wasn't for the free option, as well as the Clover integration, we would still be manually recording employees' hours. Since we're able to use a digital solution, I'm can pull timesheets and submit payroll from anywhere. As a very small team, my day to day varies drastically — but as long as I have my phone or laptop with me, I never have to worry about accessing employee timecards.

Pros

As a small nonprofit museum, the best part of the software is the availability of a free version. It has all the basic necessities of a digital time clock, plus it is integrated into our Clover register and employees can download the app to clock-in for remote work.

Cons

Our pay schedule isn't normal. Instead of being weekly or bi-weekly, we run payroll twice a month (on the 15th and the last day of the month). THANKFULLY, there is an option for this in the settings, but the dates that our payroll periods begin on isn't the same from one month to the next. So, every pay period I have to go into the settings on a web browser and update the start dates. Unfortunately, the only solution that Homebase could provide is a more complex algorithm that would take into account what the last day of the month is, as well as adjusting the date if it falls on a weekend since our payroll company process the pay run on Friday instead of the exact date if that date falls on a Saturday or Sunday.

SS

Sarah S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

We love HOMEBASE!!!

Homebase has been outstanding. It has allowed us to better manage employee time off requests, make time clock adjustments and manage employee hours.

Pros

I like that employees can access their schedules from home allowing them to track their hours and shift trade with other team members. I also like that we can message individual team members or the entire team to document conversations, questions, and corrections. I also LOVE the Homebase HR Pro - it has been great with HR-related questions and changes prior to implementation.

Cons

There have been issues with notifications. I feel like every couple of months either our Android users or our Apple users will stop receiving notifications. This causes a break in communication with our team.

TG

Thomas G.

Great for the money

it is great program and easy to use, Also try people to use it as well.

Pros

easy to deal with and figure out able to train others to be able to use it as well

Cons

there was nothing to dislike about the program

KG

Kathy G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

HomeBase Scheduling is the Bomb

Scheduling is always a pain to make sure shifts are adequately covered. HomeBase make this headache so much simpler to handle.

Pros

Ease if use, adaptability, manager notification, team communication, documentation of absence, mobile access, etc. are all so easy to use and makes life easier for scheduling coverage for shifts.

Cons

Some reporting features are hard to understand how to run them. Also for additional features, it requires upgrading to more expensive subscriptions.